PDA

View Full Version : Why GTA IV is an epic failure?

gaiaonline_sucks
05-06-2008, 08:26 PM
A blog entry on Kotaku reported that PS3 and Xbox 360 owners had complained of the game freezing during the initial cut-scene, rendering it unplayable. While Rockstar has not commented, Kotaku stated that Rockstar is aware of the problem, but have yet to determine its cause.[/URL] It has also been reported on Kotaku that the online multiplayer is down for some PS3 users, with various players tipping Kotaku off that they are unable to connect to the Gamespy-hosted servers. While there was no official fix or patch released by Rockstar as of yet, many users online have come up with ways to solve some problems for the PS3 version. Kotaku reported from other users that the in-game freezing not only happens during the initial cut-scene but at random times during the game. Many users also report that they are not able to load the game save at the start and therefore cannot play the game. This being somehow connected with the[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_Network"] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV#cite_note-119) PSN, it's been reported that to load the game and play the single player mode, you must disconnect the internet connection for the PS3, or disabling access to the PSN.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Do you actually have a topic or are you just posting something you've seen on the internet? I have had no problem, and most other people have had no problem. In fact, I've never encountered anything more troubling then slowdown or terrain popping up. I've had problems with other games (TES:Oblivion GOTY, Assassin's Creed) but not GTA4.

Kaitou Ace
05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
I have no problems with the game on PS3 at all.

Migoto
05-06-2008, 10:04 PM
I rented it from Block Buster the other day and I have had no problems at all.

International 4-8818
05-06-2008, 10:27 PM
It works for me just fine. And the freezing is just for ps3. Xbox it is the RROD. And even if, it is not a epic failure. It is the best thing EVER!

Gjallarhorn
05-06-2008, 11:50 PM
While I, myself, don't have it yet (I wouldn't be able to focus on studying for finals if I bought it...:rolleyes: ) I know quite a few people who have it, 3 on the PS3, 4 on the 360, and none of them have mentioned any issues with it. I have heard of some issues having to do with occasional slowdowns on some review sites, but really nothing worth mentioning.

Dogmat
05-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I read that it's been having freezing issues on the Xbox 360 as well. Hopefully there'll be a patch that can fix it on both consoles.

It's frozen on the loading screen for me a few times, but signing out of the network and then starting the game worked for me.

EonKid
05-07-2008, 03:12 AM
Where did you get this info from anyway.I've had no problems at all on my PS3 and that includes online play.

Dryaxx
05-07-2008, 05:26 AM
I have no problems with the game on PS3 at all.

Me neither..

Only problem i have is i die to much in multiplayer xD

Eye of Death
05-07-2008, 06:30 AM
First of all, just because a game has some rare freezing problems doens't mean it's a failure.
Rockstar sold over 500M $ USD worth of GTA IV's in the first week.

Now the rest of you .. don't you know how to use a friggin Google? It has been reprted nearly everywhere. And just because of you don't have it doesn't matter someone else situation is the same.

Little bit of reading to you.

GTA IV Freeze problem .. first sightings are in forums. (http://news.zdnet.com/2424-9595_22-199503.html)
Yes, it's real. (http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/5639)
Rockstar is clueless (http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=042908_7)
Rockstar advice for PS3 owners (http://www.n4g.com/News-140500.aspx)

Amray
05-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Our XBOX copy works superbly. But if it is ever to freeze then I will know why. ^_^

Light Buster
05-07-2008, 07:54 PM
A blog entry on Kotaku reported that PS3 and Xbox 360 owners had complained of the game freezing during the initial cut-scene, rendering it unplayable. While Rockstar has not commented, Kotaku stated that Rockstar is aware of the problem, but have yet to determine its cause. It has also been reported on Kotaku that the online multiplayer is down for some PS3 users, with various players tipping Kotaku off that they are unable to connect to the Gamespy-hosted servers.While there was no official fix or patch released by Rockstar as of yet, many users online have come up with ways to solve some problems for the PS3 version. Kotaku reported from other users that the in-game freezing not only happens during the initial cut-scene but at random times during the game. Many users also report that they are not able to load the game save at the start and therefore cannot play the game. This being somehow connected with the PSN, it's been reported that to load the game and play the single player mode, you must disconnect the internet connection for the PS3, or disabling access to the PSN.
Failiure? My :censored:. GTA IV just came out. It just can't possibly have a problem right now.

Sagat
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I had a loading problem which was apparently linked to the PSN connection. I disable the net connection before I play it, and it works fine.

Cloud.
05-07-2008, 11:39 PM
I have IV on the 360 and haven't had a single technical problem with it. This game is very well done, not as epically revolutionary as it's been hyped to be, but still a damn good game.

I'm at 51% completion right now, I wanna make this game last. Not a failure by a long shot, but it could have been better. Still, a huge step up from San Andreas.

Hanzo
05-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I had a loading problem which was apparently linked to the PSN connection. I disable the net connection before I play it, and it works fine.

Yeah I also have the same problem where I have to log out of PSN to play it and then sign on for online. It's not really a big deal but it does get on my nerves at times. Other than that, everything else is fine. Although the game feels sort of limited on where to go and what to do, the game is pretty good. The story is also pretty interesting. I like the game alot. ^^

Oracle
05-07-2008, 11:50 PM
What? My friend has GTA4 and there's nothing wrong with it. It works smoothly.

sataned
05-09-2008, 12:59 PM
THIS game is BADDARSE MAN! wtFUNK!
you can watch TV!!! TV damnit!!!!! CMON!!! lol
GTA IV its good... NO LOADING!

Sagat
05-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Agree with the above. Last night, once again, I was incredibly impressed at the detail and immersiveness of this game. From the tv channels and programs, to the radios, to the mission and plot twists and how you influence the story via your actions, to the city detail .. well I could go on and on, but I think this is one of the best games I've played. I've never finished a GTA game to be honest, but I fully intend to see this one out.

And I am never wrong. Therefore, this game is gold.

Dryaxx
05-09-2008, 05:53 PM
THIS game is BADDARSE MAN! wtFUNK!
you can watch TV!!! TV damnit!!!!! CMON!!! lol
GTA IV its good... NO LOADING!

you forgot. You can also use the computer and the internet in GTA xD

i miss the ''pimp my ride'' thingy tho...

Sagat
05-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I had to post this here.

I drove by a corvette parked at the post office about an hour ago.

My first reaction was to hop into the driver seat and carjack it.

Talk about obsessed.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-09-2008, 07:11 PM
I had to post this here.

I drove by a corvette parked at the post office about an hour ago.

My first reaction was to hop into the driver seat and carjack it.

Talk about obsessed.

Yeah, I've done that directly after playing any GTA since 3. Also, I've looked for Car Carrier Trucks to ramp off of, but not after 4 because they got nerfed.

Dryaxx
05-10-2008, 08:20 AM
I think the hotwire option in the game is kinda lame...
1. To easy to hotwire
2. It isn't faster when you repeatedly(or how you spell it -.-') R2 and L2.
3. Would be more fun if it was more challengeing xD

Niro . Yes they made the shooting controls alot better in IV ^^

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-10-2008, 08:34 AM
I think the hotwire option in the game is kinda lame...
1. To easy to hotwire
2. It isn't faster when you repeatedly(or how you spell it -.-') R2 and L2.
3. Would be more fun if it was more challengeing xD

Niro . Yes they made the shooting controls alot better in IV ^^

The flip side is, if they did make it more drawn out you'd get nabbed by the cops every time you tried it.

Hanzo
05-10-2008, 12:36 PM
The flip side is, if they did make it more drawn out you'd get nabbed by the cops every time you tried it.

It's called doing it when the cop is not looking. hehe
Carjacking is easy.......when you have them cheat codes. ^_^

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-10-2008, 12:51 PM
It's called doing it when the cop is not looking. hehe
Carjacking is easy.......when you have them cheat codes. ^_^

It's pretty hard to get the cops off of you when you are on foot and have > 3 stars. Plus all the decent cars have car alarms on them.

On a related note, I love how a dealership full of Turismos is right around the corner from your Algonquin safehouse.

Amray
05-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Being chased by the Police if fun anyway. The game was made for doing illegal things so the Police just come as part of the package.

T'would be a very boring game without them.

Dryaxx
05-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Being chased by the Police if fun anyway. The game was made for doing illegal things so the Police just come as part of the package.

T'would be a very boring game without them.

GTA: No cars/cops version

sounds really run ^^

Dogmat
05-10-2008, 02:30 PM
I always love running a car into the hot dog carts, and then beating the vender with a baseball bat. :D

Daenerys
05-10-2008, 04:02 PM
All the complaints I've seen in this thread for why the game sucks, are things that the game designers did to either make the game more realistic, or were things that people wanted fixed/wanted to be able to do the most, and complained about the most.

I think the game is just fine, and I enjoy the hot wiring, and how harder it is to steal cars. There's no way every car on the street doesn't have a car alarm, or is easy to hotwire.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I think the game is just fine, and I enjoy the hot wiring, and how harder it is to steal cars. There's no way every car on the street doesn't have a car alarm, or is easy to hotwire.

As far as the carjacking goes, I think it's better that a protagonist in a GTA game has finally found a way around a locked driver-side door that doesn't involve bashing the door off with either a blunt object or another car.

Sagat
05-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Has anyone actually watched the Republican Space Rangers or whatever its called on the television?? Not only is it damned hilarious and highlights the detail in this game, but it's also a pretty interesting social commentary!

Amray
05-11-2008, 04:15 PM
7wt5FiZQrgM

Amazing.

Dryaxx
05-11-2008, 04:38 PM
7wt5FiZQrgM

Amazing.

it's so old xD But still ok. Just not so fun anymore xD

Cloud.
05-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Well I'm almost done with the game, have loved almost every bit of it. There's been some lame, filler missions that I wish would have been enhanced and the story could definitely be longer with more expansion. The detail is beautiful, the graphics luscious, Niko looks great and the city comes alive when you stand back and really take notice of it.

The game could have been better, but it was worth the wait and definitely impressed me. Plus, the radio is awesome as usual. Vibe 98.8 baby.

(My mini-review, usually I write way too much, but I'd have to write pages to truly express my thoughts on this game.)

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Has anyone actually watched the Republican Space Rangers or whatever its called on the television?? Not only is it damned hilarious and highlights the detail in this game, but it's also a pretty interesting social commentary!

I have seen some of it. Right after they blew up the alien orphanage. It was pretty awesome.

But as far as biting social commentary, I'd give my vote to WKTT.

rf switch
05-12-2008, 12:58 AM
I got the PS3 version. It would freeze when trying to intially load unless i turned off PSN. But after the patch It works just fine.

Dryaxx
05-12-2008, 04:07 AM

I have :D Actually quite fun...

Risky
05-12-2008, 11:19 AM
I have no problems on the PS3...maybe its the 360....

Amray
05-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Nope. Our 360 one is always being played since it came out and has not screwed up even once.

InsultToInjury
05-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I have yet to play this game, everyone I know is pretty impressed with it apart from its a bit too sensitive with the driving and all. I'll get it when all the hype dies down because its still quite hard to get just now.

Codename 47
05-13-2008, 01:41 PM
I've had it freeze with me only once while playing multiplayer, but no other problems besides that. It's the Xbox 360 version...

Drifter Uk
05-13-2008, 04:36 PM
i have it on the 360, it does freeze for a few seconds occasionally, and its always in the same areas, so i tend to stay away from them if possible.

as for the online, most of my friends and me have had a lot of problems, such as the game randomly ending or really strange glitches happening, like being able to fly a helicopter perfectly when it has no tail.

also, i have watched the republican space rangers. its really random but it is really funny. the stupid guy reminds me of one of my friends...

just out of interest, has anyone found the giant heart in the statue of liberty/happiness yet? if u havent, i would recommend trying to see it, possibly the most random hidden content ive ever seen...

iEddy
05-13-2008, 07:02 PM
It's probably the PS3.

Well, I have it on my 360 and I totally think that it deserved it's 10/10 from IGN, I haven't really found any bugs in it and it's all around the best game that I have ever played.

Hanzo
05-16-2008, 08:04 PM
i have it on the 360, it does freeze for a few seconds occasionally, and its always in the same areas, so i tend to stay away from them if possible.

as for the online, most of my friends and me have had a lot of problems, such as the game randomly ending or really strange glitches happening, like being able to fly a helicopter perfectly when it has no tail.

also, i have watched the republican space rangers. its really random but it is really funny. the stupid guy reminds me of one of my friends...

just out of interest, has anyone found the giant heart in the statue of liberty/happiness yet? if u havent, i would recommend trying to see it, possibly the most random hidden content ive ever seen...

This couldn't be true. Even if I own the PS3 version, the Xbox 360 version should have a better play on the online part compared to the PS3 online of GTAIV. If that's not the case, it probably goes with the PS3 advantage of the download to the hard drive compared to the Xbox 360, although it did take sort of long to wait for the download. Either you're talking about the PS3 version or your Xbox 360 is probably acting weird.....

Silenced
06-05-2008, 03:25 AM
t does freeze, but aside from that one single fact, the game is really amazing
Its really amazing how people can make a game so realistic as GTA4

Bulf
06-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Actually i find it hard to believe that a game that got a 10/10 would have freezing problems. o_O And from the people i know that have it, they haven't had a freeze yet.

Amray
06-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Yes, but most Grand Theft Auto games are known for doing this kind of thing anyway. It is just because the games cover such a wide and gigantic land mass. If I recall their is only one loading screen on GTA IV, so baring that in mind the odd freezing point is not bad at all.

Over here some of our Game shops refused to trade in any of the PlayStation 2 GTA games, this was because certain GTA's encountered problems with many different PS2's. That may very well be the case here too. Maybe..

Storm Strife
06-11-2008, 08:53 AM
...If I recall their is only one loading screen on GTA IV...

And the cutscreen ones, and the taxi when you choose to go straight to location...