PDA

View Full Version : Should there be more anime games?

manslayer101
04-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Edit: to clear things up, this thread does not refer to Anime games made by series' but rather games made in the style of anime

Seeing as the other thread was deleted without warning or cause, i'd like to start the poll up again, and try to get more people's opinions on the matter.

The question, once again, is this: Do you think there should be more anime-style games for pc? By anime games i mean good ones and i'm not referring the hentai/ecchi games, just good anime games. I'm also just referring to games done in the style of anime, it doesn't necessarily have to be a Gundam game, or an Initial D racing game or anything like that, just good games done in the style of anime.

my opinion is yes there should be, and i think so because there aren't enough anime-style games that are good. Not in america anyway, or available to everyone. The most that have been done by big name companies would be a game like Oni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_(video_game)), which seemed unfinished, although it was a good game, it could've been better. Gameplay was fun but they could've done more with it. (Oni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_(video_game)) was created by the same people who do Halo, Bungie studios, but after microsoft bought them they had to release the game early and it was unsuccessful in being completed)

Post your opinon on the matter.

shadow slayer x
04-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Now-a-days, the only way I see on how to actually get anime based games is by importing from Japan/orderin' one...from Japan...I think so, mostly because the games here in the US are pretty much...well they're good but lackin' anime taste (obviously) you know?
I think developers should start makin' several anime game titles, I mean if you look at some of the top developers such as Epic, Bungie,Insomniac, etc...
You'd think there would be a good anime title released by now...

manslayer101
04-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Right, that's what i think as well, because even games like Shogo (which wasn't a bad game i might add) was very lacking in the anime-style department, although they tried to make it look anime they didn't fully pull it off and it turned out not being THAT good of a game, as a matter of fact it was a bit boring at times, and most of their inspiration didn't seem to come from anime.

I agree with you, alot of games that are anime-style that don't come from japan are lacking, and don't turn out to be the "anime game" they were supposed to be.

Edit: actually if you look at the game industry now, indie games are starting to take off more because there's no new ideas, perhaps that will help the anime genre, and maybe there will be more.

Baka
04-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Q: Should this be in the gaming forum and not the miscellaneous forum???

A: YES

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Edit: actually if you look at the game industry now, indie games are starting to take off more because there's no new ideas, perhaps that will help the anime genre, and maybe there will be more.
How would that help animu games? Indie games are by definition made by guys in their basements who are programming games in their free time, and animu games are by definition licensed games. Licensed games require a lot of money to make, which is something indie developers don't have.

Anyway, I'm against licenced games in general, animu games in particular. There has been exactly one that was any good e.g. that Gundam Wing 2d fighter on SNES.

Dark Wolf 09
04-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry, but I don't agree with more anime video games. We don't need anymore, I am farley disgusted with all the anime games that they install it's just not the same anymore. If they're going to stick with a franchises like, GH, CoD, SF. Then stick to them, the anime is just for viewing only that's what my hypothesis statement is.

It's either A.) The games are too short like Naruto Rise of a Ninja, or Clash of a Ninja, or Bleach. Im more in for the longer more climaxed series of games examples of Gears of War 2 or BioShock 2 (I heard there was one coming out this year) and or Fable 2.

Or either B.) It's for die-hard anime fans.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-30-2008, 11:17 PM
It's either A.) The games are too short like Naruto Rise of a Ninja, or Clash of a Ninja, or Bleach. Im more in for the longer more climaxed series of games examples of Gears of War 2 or BioShock 2 (I heard there was one coming out this year) and or Fable 2.

Or either B.) It's for die-hard anime fans.

Well, we don't really know how long the Gears of War, BioShock, or Fable sequals are going to be... because they haven't come out yet. Plus, the number one gripe I heard about Gears of War was it's extreme shortness, but whatever.

Dark Wolf 09
04-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Well, we don't really know how long the Gears of War, BioShock, or Fable sequals are.

Yeah you're kinda right, but Cliffy B. or also known as Cliff Bleszinski announced in the Game Developers Conference,
It's going to be badder, longer, and extremly detailed than the first

However, we don't know what to expect from Peter Molyneux's work from "LionHead" studios called, "Fable 2" it is expected to have a Xbox Live Arcade feature for free for Fable 2 on it's pre-realease date to sum up some money for your character's currency functions. It also has online capability so the quest's are going to be longer than normal.

On the other hand, BioShock 2 was just recently announced, still currently in developement so we don't know what to expect from the own aspect from BioWare. On the side note, there is going to be Fall Out Boy 3 which I heard is a great game coming out for the Xbox 360, and PS3. Looking at this, there's another "Star Wars: Forced Unleashed" submitted by the LucasArts team, you know George Lucas. Lulz. Anyways, I'm done with babbling nice talk with you Manhattan.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah you're kinda right, but Cliffy B. or also known as Cliff Bleszinski announced in the Game Developers Conference,

However, we don't know what to expect from Peter Molyneux's work from "LionHead" studios called, "Fable 2" it is expected to have a Xbox Live Arcade feature for free for Fable 2 on it's pre-realease date to sum up some money for your character's currency functions. It also has online capability so the quest's are going to be longer than normal.

On the other hand, BioShock 2 was just recently announced, still currently in developement so we don't know what to expect from the own aspect from BioWare. On the side note, there is going to be Fall Out Boy 3 which I heard is a great game coming out for the Xbox 360, and PS3. Looking at this, there's another "Star Wars: Forced Unleashed" submitted by the LucasArts team, you know George Lucas. Lulz. Anyways, I'm done with babbling nice talk with you Manhatten.

Fall Out Boy 3

FALL OUT BOY 3

Thanks. You've officially ruined my life.

WORST TYPO EVER (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3).

Anyway, the point remains that you are citing games that haven't been released yet as being superior to games that have (I think, I don't pay much attention). I mean, why don't you list Duke Nukem Forever in there too, while you're at it.

CapnJack
05-01-2008, 01:03 AM
I think it matters on the anime and the style of play. Like say for instance...

*looks around his room*

Afro Samurai - fighting game to become the #1 (ok that was obvious)

MazinKaizer - a tactics (chess board) style battle RPG

The Slayers - New story as a run around, level up, RPG. Like Neverwinter Nights or Marvel Alliance

Dark Wolf 09
05-01-2008, 01:21 AM
Duke Nukem Forever

I dislike the Duke Nukem games the sequels by the way, I like the originals.

You've officially ruined my life

I thought you were going to be mature about this, but I guess not. If you're going to cry about some mis-hap about "Fall out Boy 3" as a mis-guided quote. Then sue me.

manslayer101
05-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Indie games are by definition made by guys in their basements who are programming games in their free time, and animu games are by definition licensed games. Licensed games require a lot of money to make, which is something indie developers don't have.

Not even near being true, anime style games do not have to be licensed games and indie developers aren't always guys making games in their basements either(that's not the case in our company either).

In the anime game's defense, the game oni was not a licensed thing until Bungie did it, and at the time they were indie. It turned out to be the best looking anime indie game.

In the indie game's defense, Valve is still an indie company, nuff said. Even if they were just guys in their basements, they made a hell of a lot more money than you will ever make in your lifetime, so i think no one would care if they were living in a drainpipe.

Anyway, I'm against licenced games in general, animu games in particular. There has been exactly one that was any good e.g. that Gundam Wing 2d fighter on SNES.

That was a good game, but as i mentioned not all anime games are a licensed idea, and not all of them have to come from an anime series to be an anime-style game, which is what this thread is about.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Not even near being true, anime style games do not have to be licensed games and indie developers aren't always guys making games in their basements either(that's not the case in our company either).

In the anime game's defense, the game oni was not a licensed thing until Bungie did it, and at the time they were indie. It turned out to be the best looking anime indie game.

In the indie game's defense, Valve is still an indie company, nuff said. Even if they were just guys in their basements, they made a hell of a lot more money than you will ever make in your lifetime, so i think no one would care if they were living in a drainpipe.

That was a good game, but as i mentioned not all anime games are a licensed idea, and not all of them have to come from an anime series to be an anime-style game, which is what this thread is about.

OH, You mean ANIMU-STYLE ART DESIGN not actual ANIMU GAMES which implies GAMES BASED ON ANIMU.

As for that, where the hell have you been? Every JRPG, and many Arcade Sports games, fighting games, and mini-games since the beginning of time has looked like animu. The genres that don't look like animu would be extremely hard to sell. Nobody wants to play as a hardened space marine with eyes the size of dinner plates and a stylized vein buldging in his head when the tentacle monsters from outer space attack. If anything, the art-style distracts people from reaching immersion, and the best games are usually the most immersive. TES 4: Oblivion would not have worked if the female Khajiit had high "kawaii" voices, wore fuku, and started with an 80 blunt skill and a weightless mallet.

Indie means unsigned. They don't have a publisher, and have to self-distribute, generally on the interwebs. They also can not be a full publisher, or else by definition EA would be an indie developer. Independent ≠ Indie.

manslayer101
05-01-2008, 12:24 PM
exactly Valve is still an indie developer, and yes you finally get the point of the thread, it's why the poll says "anime-style games" rather than anime games...

btw i couldn't help but lol at your description there. I know that there are anime style games, but many of them are not pc ports, or they are ecchi or hentai games. I disagree though that anime couldn't pull you in to the style of the game, oni did a good job of that and so did Zone of the enders, although ZOTE was a console game. The point is that i think we need more pc anime-style games, and in my opinion there aren't enough good, clean ones that are released other than in japan, or if they are korean mmorpgs. I mean games like alot of the old puzzle games like Puzzle Bobble, or mech games like Gundam: Lost war chronicles, these are the games we are missing.

Red Phantoms
05-01-2008, 04:49 PM
indeed but just as you said most of anime style game in PC are eroge wich i hate most. so for PC i already give up to find a new one. well its easier to find one for the other console game here

ummm..... I think it would be better to post this thread in game forum rather then though

Axllow
05-01-2008, 09:54 PM
No, most of the anime games are crap. For a few exceptions. Just my opinion.

The Governator
05-02-2008, 08:01 AM
No, anime games and anime looking belong on consoles, not on the platform of the gamining master race.

LittleMomo
05-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Okay, let's face it. Anime games are kinda short and maybe we kinda lose interest to it but what matters is what people think. Some like them and some dislike them. There will always be anime games since there are people out there that still like them. Personally, I either like or dislike them. They are not gonna stop making anime games until the people (most of the people) will stop buying them. It's kinda impossible to stop it, I mean think about it. More people watch anime, wouldn't they be interested in playing their favorite anime? I'm not entirely sure about this theory though >.<; But yea. Overall there will be more anime games created, whether a person dislikes it since there is always another who wants it.

blackrosetwilight
05-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Anime game's are bad ecspecially the gundams series which I played through all of them well except for gundam vs zeta that was pretty good. Wait I mean franchise anime games are bad since so little effort are put into making them fun, even great narative will lose its appeal if there a lot of bad game

manslayer101
05-02-2008, 10:38 AM
the gundam games weren't bad, as a matter of fact my favorite one was an import, which should have been brought over, Gundam: Lost war chronicles, it was by far the best gundam game, and in my opinion the best mech game, out there.

It seems that some people aren't getting the point of the thread, it's for anime-STYLE games. Most anime games made from series are bad examples, and most turn out being bad, the point is should there be more games done in the STYLE of anime.

blackrosetwilight
05-02-2008, 12:30 PM
the gundam games weren't bad, as a matter of fact my favorite one was an import, which should have been brought over, Gundam: Lost war chronicles, it was by far the best gundam game, and in my opinion the best mech game, out there.

It seems that some people aren't getting the point of the thread, it's for anime-STYLE games. Most anime games made from series are bad examples, and most turn out being bad, the point is should there be more games done in the STYLE of anime.
Oh my bad didnt understand thanks for clearing it up, but yeah there should be more

rf switch
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
I think theres enough games out there with an Anime style out there. Oni was terrible. I'm surprised it was mentioned considering it was done by the western studio.

Don't 90% of those free MMO's have some kinda cartoony/anime style?

It's more than two. Because Yuu Yuu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen for the Mega Drive was a great 4 player fighting game made by Treasure that was better than that Gundam Wing fighting game on the SNES. Also SEGA's Initial D racing games were good. Along with Area 88 getting two pretty good shmups by Capcom.

manslayer101
05-02-2008, 04:23 PM
It's more than two. Because Yuu Yuu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen for the Mega Drive was a great 4 player fighting game made by Treasure that was better than that Gundam Wing fighting game on the SNES. Also SEGA's Initial D racing games were good. Along with Area 88 getting two pretty good shmups by Capcom.

both were good games, but i don't agree that yu yu hakusho was better, it was decent, but the gundam wing fighter was better :p

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-03-2008, 12:57 AM
exactly Valve is still an indie developer, and yes you finally get the point of the thread, it's why the poll says "anime-style games" rather than anime games...
No, Valve is a Developer/Publisher. You might be able to make a case for them being a relatively Independent, but that doesn't make them Indie. Yes, I know what you are about to say, "But indie is an abbreviation of independent!" Yes, it is. But an abbreviation need not have the exact same meaning. Compare Emotional Hardcore with it's abbreviation Emo. Not the same at all.

The word "indie" was stolen from the film industry. Indie means both low budget and independent, and generally implies quite a few things about genre choice. For example, Kevin Smith heads View Askew, his independent production company. But he hasn't made an indie film that I know of since Clerks. Generally speaking, an Indie whatever does most of the work a shoestring budget and gets paid after the work is done, hopefully making it back. Valve doesn't operate that way- they either self-fund, or secure investment from someone else to pay their code monkeys.

btw i couldn't help but lol at your description there. I know that there are anime style games, but many of them are not pc ports, or they are ecchi or hentai games. I disagree though that anime couldn't pull you in to the style of the game, oni did a good job of that and so did Zone of the enders, although ZOTE was a console game. The point is that i think we need more pc anime-style games, and in my opinion there aren't enough good, clean ones that are released other than in japan, or if they are korean mmorpgs. I mean games like alot of the old puzzle games like Puzzle Bobble, or mech games like Gundam: Lost war chronicles, these are the games we are missing.

ZOE was Realistic/Futuristic style in every aspect but character design. And the characters were delegated to cut-scenes and radio chatter portraits. The animu was fairly ignorable. Not a great example.

Also Puzzle Bobble was ported to the US for PC a long, long time ago. How do I know this? I bought it for my mom on Mother's Day (or maybe it was her Birthday) to try to keep her away from Snood. It may or may not have been renamed to Bust A Move like most of that series was when imported to the west.

manslayer101
05-03-2008, 09:43 AM
No, Valve is a Developer/Publisher. You might be able to make a case for them being a relatively Independent, but that doesn't make them Indie. Yes, I know what you are about to say, "But indie is an abbreviation of independent!" Yes, it is. But an abbreviation need not have the exact same meaning. Compare Emotional Hardcore with it's abbreviation Emo. Not the same at all.

The word "indie" was stolen from the film industry. Indie means both low budget and independent, and generally implies quite a few things about genre choice. For example, Kevin Smith heads View Askew, his independent production company. But he hasn't made an indie film that I know of since Clerks. Generally speaking, an Indie whatever does most of the work a shoestring budget and gets paid after the work is done, hopefully making it back. Valve doesn't operate that way- they either self-fund, or secure investment from someone else to pay their code monkeys.
What are you even talking about? Indie means nothing more than out of the term Independant, when i refer to a movie as being an indie movie, i refer to the fact that they weren't in hollywood and didn't have a big name company doing the work for them, regardless if they were a big name at all. Indie just means that it was developed by that studio without any outside help, it doesn't mean they had a low budget. Btw, Emo and emotional hardcore are the same thing....

ZOE was Realistic/Futuristic style in every aspect but character design. And the characters were delegated to cut-scenes and radio chatter portraits. The animu was fairly ignorable. Not a great example.
actually, this example works great, whether the anime was a big part of the world design or not, just because the characters were designed anime makes it an anime-style game. ZOTE is a great example because although most of it was "realistic" it had an anime feel to it. The cutscenes didn't all involve the characters faces, and some only had voice acting, but the voice acting style was definitely anime style, as was the dialogue. ZOTE still stands as an example in the area of anime games, and a good one at that.

edit: a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK1YBmFTa-8

also i have a question for you MHP, do you even like anime, or are you a fan? If yes, you should understand that something isn't called anime style just because the world looks anime and the characters are anime too. Granted something needs to look anime, or be done in the same style whether it was 2d or 3d, if it's 3d and the designs are modelled in the design style of anime, it's anime style. Another thing that makes something anime is that it has the anime charm, whether it be story, acting, gameplay, etc. anime style games are not just defined by how they look.

Also Puzzle Bobble was ported to the US for PC a long, long time ago. How do I know this? I bought it for my mom on Mother's Day (or maybe it was her Birthday) to try to keep her away from Snood. It may or may not have been renamed to Bust A Move like most of that series was when imported to the west.
Yes it was, and that game is a good example of more games that should be done for pc...

The Governator
05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Well, animu style games don't belong on the PC, Oni, like you linked in your opening post was one of the most worst handling games I have ever played on a computer, it felt like controlling a cow, in a shopping cart taking a plunge off a cliff also, the game look freaking weird, how Bungie tried to make the characters look like they were ripped straight from a manga. Now Oni on the PS2 is actually a rather decent game, it handles ok, the graphics are better than the PC port and all-in-all, it feels well made. Another great example of Animu style games going wrong on the PC is the FF8 port they made, it was so terrible, I cried.

Same goes for pretty much any other animu style games on PC, they feel clunky, graphically inferior to say C&C 3, TES IV Oblivion, Fallout 3 (which I am creaming over, cannot wait to get it) and other, less animu more realistic style games.

And manslayer, face it, Valve are as "indie" as Madonna is a man, they are, as MP2K stated, a Developer-Publisher. Indie is the bedroom programmer, the man who is trying to get a foot hold on the gaming world.

And to finally counter you, Z.O.E Was never released on the PC, it is a PS2 exclusive, so it cannot back your argument that the PC should have more animu style games.

manslayer101
05-03-2008, 10:29 AM
And manslayer, face it, Valve are as "indie" as Madonna is a man, they are, as MP2K stated, a Developer-Publisher. Indie is the bedroom programmer, the man who is trying to get a foot hold on the gaming world.

And to finally counter you, Z.O.E Was never released on the PC, it is a PS2 exclusive, so it cannot back your argument that the PC should have more animu style games.

well then Madonna better start cross dressing, because valve IS an indie company, whether they are a Developer-Publisher or not, they created their own programs and started by their self, when vivendi(sp) disagreed with them, they "independantly" sold their game. Independant means that they are doing it own their own, with no outside help from other companies, and they still are. Indie, no matter how you want to miscrew the word, still means independant, and no matter if you consider it as a view of a person sitting in their bedroom, or garage, indie still stands for the same thing, meaning an independant game developer. There are many indie movies that are huge sucesses, but they were not helped by hollywood, why, because they were indie films and because they put their own charm. Any way you look at it Valve IS Indie.

About ZOTE, that was not the point, but i could make one with it, perhaps it should've been on the pc, i think it would have made a great pc port, which is kinda the point of the thread "should pc gamers have more anime-style games" the way the game controlled would've made a great pc game and it will also stand as an example for a game that should've made it on pc.:p

manslayer101
05-03-2008, 10:36 AM
and btw, to counter your "valve isn't indie" statement, here's an interview:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/the-last-of-the-independents-

i'd recommend reading at least some of the lower paragraphs, and if possible, all of it

The Governator
05-03-2008, 10:42 AM
well then Madonna better start cross dressing, because valve IS an indie company, whether they are a Developer-Publisher or not, they created their own programs and started by their self, when vivendi(sp) disagreed with them, they "independantly" sold their game. Independant means that they are doing it own their own, with no outside help from other companies, and they still are. Indie, no matter how you want to miscrew the word, still means independant, and no matter if you consider it as a view of a person sitting in their bedroom, or garage, indie still stands for the same thing, meaning an independant game developer. There are many indie movies that are huge sucesses, but they were not helped by hollywood, why, because they were indie films and because they put their own charm. Any way you look at it Valve IS Indie.

*facepalm* VALVE ISNOT INDIE! Read this, it may educate you. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_games)

Oh, and learn alil about Valve aswell. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Corporation)

About ZOTE, that was not the point, but i could make one with it, perhaps it should've been on the pc, i think it would have made a great pc port, which is kinda the point of the thread "should pc gamers have more anime-style games" the way the game controlled would've made a great pc game and it will also stand as an example for a game that should've made it on pc.

No, it would not handle well, not one console to PC port has ever worked properly, they have allways been laggy, system hogs, buggy peices of epic fail, and Z.O.E is no exception.

Face it, animu games on PC are epic failiure, they are generally bug ridden, complete horror to control, system hog lag fests that don't match up to a game made with the PC in mind, like Fallout or Sudden Strike or to a lesser extent (and it pains me to say this) Crysis.

And edit button is your friend, double posting is not.

And I stopped reading that article the moment Lombardi mentioned it was "painful" to find a good online multi-player game 10 years ago, Quake III anyone?

manslayer101
05-03-2008, 03:07 PM
"Indie games are video games that are created independently of the financial backing of a large publishing company."

Valve is 100% independant, the fact that they are a developer and publisher and do not go on the financial backing of any other publisher makes them 100% independant.

"And I stopped reading that article the moment Lombardi mentioned it was "painful" to find a good online multi-player game 10 years ago, Quake III anyone?"

quake 3 was not a "great" game, it was very generic and was beat out by Unreal Tournament, although the engine was a huge sucess and the game sold well, it was laggy compared to UT and was not a great example. If you would've read the entire article, you would've read the part where they admitted to being an indie company.

they themselves said that they were indie, i rest my case.

"No, it would not handle well, not one console to PC port has ever worked properly, they have allways been laggy, system hogs, buggy peices of epic fail, and Z.O.E is no exception."

It's called crappy porting, and in my opinion it would've been a great game for pc, and to mention a good pc port, which you deny altogether:

TCR: escape from butcher's bay directors cut (http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p23475.htm)

Now, if we can get back to the subject at hand, and you and MHP2k can stop being trolls, i would appreciate it.

Shido
05-03-2008, 03:17 PM
I loved Disgaea and I would love to play more games like it XD . it was a nice reprieve from the same rpg action over and over again .

Now I know it's not on pc , but I would love more games like Disgaea to be made for consoles . WOOT can't wait for Disgaea 3 to be ported to the U.S :)

manslayer101
05-03-2008, 04:42 PM
I've never played it, but i'm sure it's interesting because of your opinion, maybe i'll check it out

niKopol
05-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I think if the American market would choose better games from Japan to sell, instead of some measely attempt to make money from a popular anime with a game of the same title that doesn't really do much. Now if the creators of an anime actually put some depth into it. Familar faces, new faces, new situations and gameplay or graphics that mirrors those of a big studio game like many of the next gen games, like Gears of War, Assassin's Creed, etc. etc. Then I would definitely shell out my money for a game thats more like an extension of an anime and not just a game.

Anime style games, we Americans fail at making those.

manslayer101
05-03-2008, 08:05 PM
agreed, but i'm not much for alot of next gen games, they seem to generic :P some are extremely overrated

Shido
05-03-2008, 08:57 PM
agreed, but i'm not much for alot of next gen games, they seem to generic :P some are extremely overrated

alot of the games are overrated . IMO the golden age of gaming is over (don't I sound old :P ) and now we are just hopping from one good game to another every couple of months instead of good , GREAT games month to month like it used to be .

I wish some anime series would be turned into console games . I really liked playing hellboy (I know its's not anime ) at the ny comicon a few weeks back and it got me to thinking . If they can make a decent game from a comic (FOR ONCE ) maybe some manga or anime series can make some good games too AND I DON'T MEAN DBZ lol . I played burst limit though it was nice cept for the constant cutscenes :P . But what I mean is I could go for kenshin samurai game (heck they are doing it with afro samurai ) or cowboy bebop ( well ALOT better than the one for ps2 ) a REAL gundam game (not the 3/10 rating pos for ps3 ) . well actually there have been alot of anime games for consoles they just sucked -.- .

Ok well maybe Oni was awesome but tis pc XD and it's not a direct anime game . idk now i'm starting to question my want of anime like games lol .

manslayer101
05-03-2008, 09:33 PM
well not only anime series, but also anime style games in general. We have tons of em planned ourselves because we think there should be more of em, and being an anime fan i want some good ones to play myself. We wanted a mech game and we started on PreVa, which is nearing release i might add, but enough about that. I do agree with you completely.

Yes the golden age is gone, i remember going nuts on old consoles when they were just coming out, and loved playing alot of old shooters (unreal tournament, jedi knight, dark forces, doom, half life, etc...) but nowadays all games are stealing from each other completely, most are complete ripoffs.

ok, i agree though that Oni wasn't great....now that i think about it i got bored of it pretty quick, mainly because it wasn't done, microsoft just had to buy bungie....but that's more reason to have a company doing good anime-style games...

manslayer101
06-07-2008, 12:22 PM
a REAL gundam game (not the 3/10 rating pos for ps3 ) .

I recommend Lost War Chronicles

KillerDragonX
06-07-2008, 01:12 PM
of course there should be more anime games, i feel that anime games give the best rpg games out there

Yuki Atsuma
06-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I think they should make more anime games, Ghost in a shell was a pretty good game.

manslayer101
06-07-2008, 02:50 PM
"of course there should be more anime games, i feel that anime games give the best rpg games out there"

I agree that there are some good rpg games, i don't play most of them but i do like the stories.

"I think they should make more anime games, Ghost in a shell was a pretty good game."

the psone game? i never finished it perhaps i should play more of it.

Haoie
06-07-2008, 06:52 PM
There are a huge number of anime games as it is.

It's just that most don't make it outside Japan, for reasonably obvious reasons.

daft
06-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Anime games for PC, right? Well... to be honest I've mostly just seen ecchi/hentai games. >.> Seriously! I type in 'anime PC games' in the search bar, and all that shows up is alot of adult anime games, hahaha.

I do know that some anime style games off of consoles get a PC release, but it's done very poorly and the results aren't that great. =/ As far as anime style games go, I think the Japanese do it right! >_O Americans try hard, but just suck at it. Like mentioned before, Americans aren't very good at making anime style games. Or in my opinion, they aren't very good at making anime anything. ^ ^ No offense... >.>