PDA

View Full Version : NGE Viewing Order?

Kagemaru-San
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Hello there,

I'm planning for a major AnimeFest of my own...featuring none other than Neon Genesis Evangelion series and movies...
I've read about it...but it's kinda difficult to determine the correct order of watching the series with respect to the films without reading into the plot, which naturally I don't wanna do (I hate spoilers..really detest them)...
So far, looks to me like the chronological order of media release is the way to go...am I correct?

Horofan
04-29-2008, 11:12 AM
The series' story is self containing and non-dependent on the movies. So, If you don't mind the occasional repetitive scene, watching the series in entirety and then the movies is a perfectly fine practice. I myself watched Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion 15 mins after I finished the series and found it to be quite nice.

Good luck with your AnimeFest, there has been no better anime to do it with :)

MomijiTMO
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Series -> The End Of Evangelion
That's the order. You can watch Death And Rebirth after The End Of if you wanted to. This way you can watch the whole crazy head trip Shinji goes on and if that makes zero sense, you can watch the dumb down and much more visual finale [yay].

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Series -> The End Of Evangelion
That's the order. You can watch Death And Rebirth after The End Of if you wanted to. This way you can watch the whole crazy head trip Shinji goes on and if that makes zero sense, you can watch the dumb down and much more visual finale [yay].

Death and Rebirth aren't an ending. It's precisely a recap movie with a few clarifications and a preview of the first half of EoE. It's completely superfluous if you are watching the Director's Cut or Platinum Edition, because the added scenes are integrated into the episodes.

Viewing order.

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Director's Cut *or* Platinum Edition ep 1- 24 [Regular Series]
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Director's Cut *or* Platinum Edition ep 25-26 [First Ending]
End of Evangelion [Second Ending]

Kagemaru-San
05-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Thank you for the info guys...
I'm really excited about this one :)