PDA

View Full Version : Evangelion Spinoffs(Tales of Innocence in Particular)

Sanosuke23
04-29-2008, 09:28 AM
So I've been reading the Evangelion spinoffs that have come out, and I must say the two I've been able to find have been interesting.

I mean yeah okay, Angelic Days is a more bubblegum, shoujo-ish retelling and Ikari Shinji Raising Project sounds like what Evangelion would be if it were just another giant mecha series(seeing as how it takes place in world Shinji imagined at the end of the main series), but Tales of Innocence is pretty much a completely different series with the same cast.

So far I've found it to be an amusing, if generic, series. I've only been able to find up to Chapter 7 or 8, unfortunately. They removed the mecha aspect and replaced it with weapons, somewhat like Beet the Vandel Buster.

So, thoughts? Opinions?

TimmyD.
05-02-2008, 09:54 AM
There's just nothing like the orignal or the new remakes

Amray
05-02-2008, 10:55 AM
The original Series was amazing. One of my favourites.

Sickness
06-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Remastered original are best.

Funkgun
07-13-2008, 01:39 AM
So I've been reading the Evangelion spinoffs that have come out, and I must say the two I've been able to find have been interesting.

I mean yeah okay, Angelic Days is a more bubblegum, shoujo-ish retelling and Ikari Shinji Raising Project sounds like what Evangelion would be if it were just another giant mecha series(seeing as how it takes place in world Shinji imagined at the end of the main series), but Tales of Innocence is pretty much a completely different series with the same cast.

So far I've found it to be an amusing, if generic, series. I've only been able to find up to Chapter 7 or 8, unfortunately. They removed the mecha aspect and replaced it with weapons, somewhat like Beet the Vandel Buster.

So, thoughts? Opinions?
I have only read Angelic days. I have not checked out Tales of Innocence. It actually sounds like a interesting concept.
Angelic days has such a different tone, Shinji is much more likable in it. Especially where he gets burned by a boiling pot of water from a Jealous Asuka,

I would have to agree about that remastered version. It looks fresh.