PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper declined twice, need suggestions!!!

ToubouOokami
04-27-2008, 09:22 PM
:help2:

I'm brand spankin' new to the whole "wallpaper" scene and never expected it to be this hard to get a wallpaper accepted. So far I've edited and re-submitted my Loveless wallpaper twice and am still having trouble getting it accepted :banghead: . I would greatly appreciate--no--bow before the ground you walk upon :awe: if you could give me any suggestions to make my wallpaper accept-worthy. (I was told to improve the background, but I don't know what I can add without making it look too busy :wacko: ).

Thank you SOOOOO much!!! :love:
~ToubouOokami

PS - I don't know if this matters, but my editing program is PhotoShop 7.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_148151481525657002d.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=29988)

Jagan Eye
04-27-2008, 10:13 PM
It definitely needs a border. You should also change the text size to something smaller and the font should be different. Maybe you could grain merge it. Maybe you could also add some text in between the 2 butterflies. The gray splattery is pretty neat. Maybe adding some of that at the top right corner would be nice. Overall, I like it though.

ToubouOokami
04-27-2008, 11:06 PM
It definitely needs a border. You should also change the text size to something smaller and the font should be different. Maybe you could grain merge it. Maybe you could also add some text in between the 2 butterflies. The gray splattery is pretty neat. Maybe adding some of that at the top right corner would be nice. Overall, I like it though.

Thanks so much! This was an enormus ammount of help.

MuZ0NaZ
04-28-2008, 09:40 AM
What about giving the wallpaper life by making it colour? Right now one can barely make out the character, since it's all so..black. Check out online tools like this one (http://www.wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html) to help you make a nice, matching colour scheme. Consider adding something beneath the character so he doesn't look all floating alone in space. Play around with random patterns, textures, be random, etc. perhaps you'll come up with something that is much nicer :3

hiddenwater
04-28-2008, 09:13 PM
MuZ0NaZ gave some really good advise there. you should try changing the background colour to somthin that doesn't hide the object but would highlights it. Also i noticed that there are some pointed ends where there should be curved.. i'm no expert myself but it looks a bit off... try using the pen tool to smooth out those curves. some text would be nice on the pic too. It's a good pic though...hope i was able to help ^_^

UrusaiSevera
04-29-2008, 03:15 PM
I think the concept on itself was nice, but there are obvious reasons why this wallpaper was denied/ not accepted.

Let me first start of with the basics..

- The extract does not blend well with the background. And the extraction isn't of the best quality.
- The black liquid like background with the grey butterflies, it's nice. But The grey brush strokes are not working.
- The font type and colour are to bright in contrast to the intire wallpaper.

My advice:
- Better background, you can continue with the black theme. But bring some more contrast into it. For instance, use a good looking fractal brush or C4D and blend it into the background. This way you will create a sense of dynamics.
- Better blending of the extraction (character) with the background.
- Text should be smaller and another colour that matches with the background.

Also creating a sense of depth would really help spice up this wallpaper. You can create a sense of depth by adding shadows where needed and usage of blur.

All in all.. the concept was nice, but the lacking quality of the execution is probably what caused your wallpaper to be denied.

Keep on improving!
Ciao~
Uru