View Full Version : Asa-Senpai in a Vectored World

04-23-2008, 01:19 AM
To help my website bring in more members, I've decided to go on to the mystical world of wallpaper making.

Now, I have to admit, I am NOT good at making wallpapers at all, and every time I look at this, I can't stop but think that NOW I can see things that could have been changed about it, but I still like it for a wallpaper that I did myself. I also did it on a Mac, so yeah, I didn't have the brushes that I wanted it, since it didn't belong to me, however, I still like it...again.

So overall, I wanted to know what you guys thought. Because it would be REALLY helpful if people were to give me some ideas as what I can do to improve, and what are things as a person that you personally would like to see on a wallpaper.

Also, I just have to credit the AWESOME extract by Serated.
Serated, thank you so much. I'm always sure to give you credit in whatever I usually make.
(Almost all the time, every signature I make was from YOUR extracts, so thank you and thank you in the future and thank you forever)

04-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Dude you're awesome!! Great use of colours and brushing
[well I think it is]
And don't say you're not good at making them because you are.
Anyway well done I love it ^^

04-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Font/text doesn't fit imo

04-23-2008, 06:20 AM
mystical world of wallpaper making.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

As Wizzy said, text doesn't fit. Maybe try a more thicker one. Combonation of fonts seems good too! Also, make the text (somewhat) vibrant to make up for the semi-blank background (just imo =D)

04-23-2008, 07:28 AM
I personally think the text fits, but how it is put on the wall doesn't fit. Try to integrate it into the wallpaper. For example: color, shape, etc.

04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
So, after receiving the critiques from you guys and a couple of my personal friends, I have remastered the wallpaper, and using a little idea of my friend, I literally put Asa-senpai into a world of vectors. So the squares became the clouds, the squarish vectors are trees, the circles are water, and the arrows is the ground.

I also resized the font a bit, and used different fonts for the two text and made them a darker color of the color green.

Now is this something you guys were looking for?
Still learning how to make it better. =3

04-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I like both versions. The circle brushes are always an interest to me. Would probably throw around more green colors though if you want my opinion. Overall, nice job.

04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
I think it would be much better if you cropped it tightly, there's too much empty space right now for no good reason. I still don't dig the font in the 2nd revision.

04-29-2008, 03:30 PM
In my opinion a combination of both walls would be best.

I like how the vector shapes are centered around the character in the first version. Because in the second version, the vector circles on the right side are a bit too jumbled up and it too chaotic for my tastes.

There is still something wrong with the text placement. I think a change of position would work more. "Shuffle" on top and "Asa-senpai" below it. Because this makes more sense to me.. seeing as Asa is a character from Shuffle.

Also there is too much negative space in both the wallpapers. Especially in the second version. Above the character there is a lot of empty space.. and yes I will count this as empty space for two reasons.. Because the applied effects are too light and even if they were apparent enough, they wouldn't fit the rest of the wallpaper because they are of a different type of vector shapes. Which don't fit with the rest.

I like the colours and the placement of the character.

If you worked on these few things, I think it would look a great deal better.. Especially to nit picky folks like me xD

Keep up the good work!