PDA

View Full Version : Is this game good?

geishaofthedead
04-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Okay so I have to beat Fatal Frame first but I want to get Rules of Rose. Is it good? I don't want to get it and find out it is terrible.

gaiaonline_sucks
04-19-2008, 05:26 PM
play it and find out for yourself. Nobody goes to the movies knowing if a movie is good or bad.

Light Buster
04-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Rules of Roses=Not good.

Take my advice. Don't buy it.

MomijiTMO
04-19-2008, 06:39 PM
The game was banned in Australia but that didn't stop me .. . . ;)

Anyhoo it's a great game if you like suspenseful titles but don't expect much action.

gaiaonline_sucks
04-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Australia like to ban games alot. the banned GTA III & Manhunt 2

Amray
04-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Not sure, but Fatal Frame is frikkin' awesome, huh?

Buruku
04-24-2008, 10:14 AM
I think Maru has played Rules of Rose, she likes it but it probably sucks.

Or maybe Maru has never played it and the game is awesome and I'm just crazy.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-25-2008, 04:05 PM
www.gamerankings.com
www.metacritic.com

Miranda anime girl
04-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Gaia online is awesome you are just crazy

Shido
04-27-2008, 01:48 AM
BUY RULE OF ROSE . It's one of those games that you just have to play to get . The story is very disturbed and somewhat questionable even for Atlus . At times while I played I was like " did they really just do that ? " I mean alot of it's implied but still it's not for the morally sound XD .

The gameplay though I will admit leaves a lot to be desired . The fighting system can be very hectic and feels really unnatural , specially during boss fights It can be a real pain so be prepared to die a few times . LOL one of the most fun aspects of the game play and one that will quickly become the most annoying is BROWN :) . Browns a cute lil golden retriever who for a better part of the game follows you around . You can use brown to find items ( which is only partial optional ) and even help you in fights . Downside is the game basicly forces you to use brown to find everything relevant to the story and to find recovery items . so most of your time will be spent saying " BROWN GO " and " HERE BROWN " but like i said it's always fun :P .

the story line is definitely the diamond in the ruff here . It's complex and very emotion evoking if you can follow it . which I guess is another problem . The narrative is somewhat crazy as you go along more questions rise instead of being answered . it's not untill somewhere near the middle and towards the end of the game do pieces START to make some kind of sense . Even at the end of the game (assuming you got the good ending ) there's a bit of confusion but you do get most of your questions answered and are left feeling satisfied and end on a good tone . plus the unlockable costumes are so worth the replay :P .

All in all I would give the game an 8 out of ten for originality , This games story upsets all it's other flaws and it's worth a rent if not a buy . don't let this game slip by you like so many other good games have been swept under the rug .

geishaofthedead
05-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Not sure, but Fatal Frame is frikkin' awesome, huh?
It is! I am wanting to buy the first one now. And the ret (I have the second) But I hate the last level! :mad: I can never beat it!

rf switch
05-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Rule of Rose is just OK. It's not good. It's not bad. It's no where near as good as Fatal Frame.

Maybe look into something like Haunting Ground or even Siren?