PDA

View Full Version : I want an FF7 Remake!!!

Brojasu
04-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Alright,

I AM SICK of not getting a clear answer on this. People want a FF7 remake! there is so much demand but Square never gives us a clear answer. Sometimes they say maybe, sometimes they say no! sometimes they say they are currently too busy! is it too much to say that YES WE WILL MAKE IT? that is all we ask!

They make numerous spin offs and merchandise out of FF7 but they can't give us a remake?! I CALL BS!!

http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/71/7c/0f63024128a0984573992010.L.jpg

http://www.ffnet.org/images/dirge_of_cerberus_box_art.jpg

http://www.schubart.net/images/FinalFantasy.jpeg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/07/17/h-103_75318_4802.jpg.jpg

http://static.gamecrazy.com/images/games/boxart/12490.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/azom626/Final_Fantasy_VII-_Advent_Children_.jpg

LOOK AT ALL THESE SPIN OFFS. They (Square) say that the developers are busy with other projects. You have all this time to make spin offs but you can't make a Final Fantasy 7 Remake for your FANS? WHO ARE ASKING YOU FOR IT?? HOW MANY PETITIONS HAVE WE SEEN?

And then we have those whiners who complain that if FF7 was remade, the developers would SCREW UP. ROFL thats a laugh. They made Crisis Core, Advent Children, Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerberus. Did people yell that Square screwed up with those titles?! instead all I hear is praise! I hear people applauding for the great art work, the music, the remaking of all the locations in the actual FF7 game. Sorry, but you are clearly unaware of Square's capabilities.

Square CAN remake FF7, and I hope they get this freaking message! because I am sick of sitting around and getting doubtful and different messages!

Sony, you of all corporations should know better. Here you got a PS3 which very few people are buying, you have a console for which people are waiting on games. Why don't you take the damn opportunity and get Square Enix to remake FF7 on the PS3? seriously, what kind of people do you hire in the management? because I think I could do a better job. LISTEN TO YOUR FANS, listen to what the people want, and you will regain all the sales you had on the PS2 and PS1. Go talk to Square! make a freaking remake!!

What I want to do with this thread is SPREAD THIS MESSAGE OUT TO ALL THE FORUMS IN THE WORLD. And I cannot do that alone. BUT! there are FF7 fans everywhere! if we work together and post this same article in every forum in the world, we can make a clear notice to both Square Enix and Sony.

So I ask you, if you have some time to spare, and you are a FF7 fan who wants a remake, copy and paste this article in every forum you can find! its not considered spam, its our way to get Sony and Square to notice that WE WANT A REMAKE! WE WANT IT CONFIRMED NOW!!! no more waiting. It doesn't take a billion dollars to just say YES FF7 REMAKE WILL BE MADE FOR THE PS3. You don't even have to give us a time frame now, JUST CONFIRM IT FOR **** SAKES!

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT!!!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/loandaniel/10259_final_fantasy_vii-orig.png

Aizmov
04-11-2008, 09:34 PM
I DON'T!
I have good memories of FF7, I don't want thus game to be SquareEnixed, I don't want them to ruin it for me.

shadow slayer x
04-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I played ALL FF games..hehe FF7 rocked though and ya they do have a remake of FF7 comin' out for the PS3 along with FFXIII.

Crisis Core ruled....I beat it in about a week (I was busy so ya). Game ruled.
I've got all the next gen consoles and a 64" LCD flat screen TV so...I'll be lookin' out for these games.
And KH3.

Amarhyllis
04-12-2008, 12:36 AM
I DON'T!
I have good memories of FF7, I don't want thus game to be SquareEnixed, I don't want them to ruin it for me.

I want it, but I'm afraid they're gonna screw it all up.
*shiver* If they do, I hope they do it right.

Aizmov
04-12-2008, 12:38 AM
No good title ever came out since SquareEnix came to be.

shadow slayer x
04-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Or you probably just hate Square Enix....I love them...FFVII and KH were their best creations to date....still it's confirmed they're making another FFVII for PS3, I don't know the date yet though.

Amarhyllis
04-12-2008, 12:41 AM
oh wow, Aizmov , now that i think about it...you're absolutely right.
i think the only SqEn game I actually enjoyed was Kingdom Hearts but I mainly wanted to play it just to see Goofy fighting Cloud, hahaha
i wish good ol' SquareSoft was still around...*sniffle*

Aizmov
04-12-2008, 01:08 AM
I wish good ol' Square and good ol' Enix come back.

Dragon Quest 7 infinitely better than Dragon Quest 8
Valkyrie Profile is 10x better than Valkyrie Profile 2

Same goes for Square games.

SGI
04-12-2008, 01:14 AM
The game has already been milked dry. I don't know about anybody else but I'm sick of FFVII and its derivatives. The game was only average to begin with, the story was okay, albeit filled with one dimensional generic archetype characters. But it certainly is far from the greatest thing since sliced bread that some fans make it out to be.

Then again the only Square game I every genuinely enjoyed with Chrono Trigger.

Metronome
04-12-2008, 02:24 AM
I want a remake yet the fact I HATE every single english voice actor in advent children and crisis core except for sephiroth's makes this a real issue. Besides they would do more than just keep the game exactly the same but make the graphics epic. Also the fact that noobs who know nothing of FF might pick up the game puts shivers down my spine. Final ruling: remake it but manage to do so in a way not to piss off us hardcore fans otherwise suffer the wrath of a mob burning down your headquarters. The End

███
04-12-2008, 04:39 AM
There is already a topic on this.

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=72213

Khanxay
04-12-2008, 05:15 PM
And then we have those whiners who complain that if FF7 was remade, the developers would SCREW UP. ROFL thats a laugh. They made Crisis Core, Advent Children, Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerberus. Did people yell that Square screwed up with those titles?! instead all I hear is praise! I hear people applauding for the great art work, the music, the remaking of all the locations in the actual FF7 game. Sorry, but you are clearly unaware of Square's capabilities.
Only Crisis Core is good. Dirge of Cerberus sucked and as a movie, Advent Children sucked. It was only a really long cinematic movie.

Square CAN remake FF7, and I hope they get this freaking message! because I am sick of sitting around and getting doubtful and different messages!

Squaresoft can. But not SquareEnix.

I DON'T!
Agreed.

No good title ever came out since SquareEnix came to be.Mostly agreed, except for the first Kingdom Hearts. Only the first one though. I loved my Gummi Ships.

I wish good ol' Square and good ol' Enix come back.

Dragon Quest 7 infinitely better than Dragon Quest 8
Valkyrie Profile is 10x better than Valkyrie Profile 2

Same goes for Square games.
I swear, you stole my mind.

And I always wonder... why do people want a remake?

Amray
04-12-2008, 05:46 PM
If they just make it exactly the same, just with better Graphics then they cannot really go wrong, right?

Also, can somebody please tell me what the difference is between 'SOFT' and 'ENIX'? I thought they were the same company and that they just changed their name. The original Final Fantasy creators made "Advent Children" so why can't they make the game too?

Khanxay
04-12-2008, 05:57 PM
SquareEnix is the companies Squaresoft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squaresoft) (Famous for the early FFs before 10) and Enix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enix) (Famous fo the early Dragon Quests, Star Ocean, etc) put together. To me it's a stupid mix. Square had great turn-based RPGs while Enix had great realtime RPGs.

Sanosuke23
04-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Enix bought Square, what can you do?

FFVII was a broken, incomplete rush job. Horrid translation and localization, removed plot points, and some minor graphic issues(Billy Dee Williams is slated to star as Sephiroth in Aerith's death scene, points to those that get the joke) plagued the game. Now you have retcons to tie into the game, new Turks members to explain, and a clear shot at a whole new gaming generation.

If they don't remake it, they are stupid.

MomijiTMO
04-12-2008, 07:32 PM
There is no remake and there will be no remake. I used to always push for a remake but FF7 is special with those pole arms! Now that you can buy PS1 games online, there is NO CHANCE of a remake.

Gintara
04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Um, no. I'm already tired of FFVII. Just get XIII ready is what I want. T_T

There are many similar demands like this one. I think at the 2007 SE Party there was a feedback section where they asked which FF remake the people wanted, and guess what, it's FFVII. There might be one anyway; the spinoffs kinda suggest it imo, esp Crisis Core. ^_^

S3PH1
04-14-2008, 03:49 AM
FF7 is the true perfection, a remake maybe only will destroy that master piece

Legend Saber
04-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Final Fantasy VII is quite probably my favorite RPG, and while I would love to see it remade in some manner ... I cannot see Square Enix suitably carrying such an action out. They would screw around with everything that made Final Fantasy VII fun to play in the first place, then dramatically alter key plot points for good measure.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the original.

Brojasu
04-14-2008, 04:18 PM
I never said i wanted them to change it up, just rerelease it. I dont care if its a port to the PSP, it worked with 1 and 2, and 3 on the ds. And just cause its no longer square doesn't mean they cant use the same team. + i liked advent children and dirge

Dark-Sasuke
04-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I Say Leave It Retro, They've Milked FF7 To Much, I Say They Shouldnt Have Made Any Of Those Spinoffs, Coz They Don't Alter The Main Storyline And Frankly Don't Hold A Candle To The Original FF7

Digital Dragon
04-14-2008, 05:15 PM
I have seen recent articles in GameInformer that they be remaking it, though. Only time will tell.

Dogmat
04-14-2008, 07:01 PM
It'd be the greatest thing ever if they remade FF7 for the PS3! I'm also digging that fanart.

Kobarokawa-San
04-15-2008, 06:25 PM
a remake??
well...
i think a remake will kind of not work... the story is written, the plot is set, the characters are drawn but i donīt think there is space for a remake.. thatīs why we have Advent Childrens. itīs just like the remake but in movie.

but it was a wonderful game... and the death scene was... ;( sooo sad...
letīs go forward with new games and new worlds
let Final Fantasy the seventh rest in peace :D

Sword
04-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Like I said in another thread: Ignoring all the FF7 spinoffs, you have to look outside the compilation of FF7. They're doing remakes/re-releases of all the other FFs. Since FF7 is the most popular, the money-making choice is obvious: They WILL remake it so just relax.

Shido
04-27-2008, 03:53 AM
I think the only reason square has never and has not officialy announced any remakes is because of fear . It is factually Their best franchise . If they were to remake it the would have to cater to the fans and at this point there are two sides . keep it exactly the same with better graphics and voice overs and then theres the change a few things make more modern side of the argument . I don't thinksquare would want to alienate either side of the fanbase because that's where most the ff7 sales would come from .

without a doubt ff13 is their current and lead project among all the ports and new ips they have coming out . FF7 if it were to be done would take years to do . first they would have to decide exactly how to go about bringing the game into next gen platform . would they up the graphics and keep the script word for word . or will they change things up a bit . not to mention the battle system would be another issue . while imo ff7 is the ebst game and rpg of all time , in todays world where it's all about money and making sales I could see square changing alot of things to fit a broader audience .

meh personally would like them to fill in all the gaps in the sotry . Now that we have AC dirge and crisis we know the full story . So it's ok to fill in some of the plotholes ingame . I would also like the scrip to be changed . Not dramatically but enough to where it can be fully voiced and by the cast of ac ( Am I the only one who thinks cid was dead on ? ) . OH and an upgrade in teh materia system would be nice . I think going next gen (PS3) could really help to flush out more detail into seven . It won't be as good as the original experience but it could be almost as great if not a lil different .

But let's be honest with Squre ENIX at the wheel it would most likely end up a POS not worth of 7's number XD .

starchaser
04-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Hmm, I haven't made up my mind about this one.

I shall hold up my hands in shame and admit that I haven't even completed the first disc of FFVII but that's because a break up meant I lost the game and my ps2 doesn't like bloody DVDs let alone ps1 games. Also, due to have a photosensitive epileptic sister, I never got chance to play games until I reached about 17, two years ago.

I agree that there is a great amount of charm in those strange moving stick armed characters. As pretty and flashy as the other FFs can be, FFVII looks quite *struggles for the word* sweet against the others?

however I do agree they'd be stupid to not remake it and I would like to be able to play it without having to emulate it or buying a new ps2.

that said, I really don't want to have to buy a ps3.

The Governator
04-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Hmmmmm, a FFVII remake? wouldn't it just be another case of milking the cow to death, I mean, it was an ok game, nothing compared to the likes of *TES I, TES II and TES III and other RPG's, but it was ok.

Personally, I think all remakes can go burn a lovely eternal death in hell, expect for a TES I, TES II, TES III, C&C TD, Half-Life and Opposing Force remake. It wouldn't be the same, it would be like playing Advent Children, so the retro FFVII memories would be gone for good, finished, dead. It wouldn't be the same game anyway because I bet that SquareEnix, would try Enixfy it, and it would be full of epic fail.

*TES = The Elder Scrolls, Best. RPG. Ever

Amray
04-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I heard that they are making a Final Fantasy VII remake, but for PSP.

starchaser
04-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Urgh, why not pick a more naff console to make it for.

Sanosuke23
04-27-2008, 05:14 PM

I would be oh-so-happy. It would give me something to do at work.

Other than, you know, work.

Souhi
04-27-2008, 06:09 PM

Are you sure you're not thinking of Crisis Core (which is still a wicked good game for the record)?

As for the remake itself, if one were to come out, I know plenty of fanboys who would be all over it. I never got into VII that much (might soon after playing CC), but a remake could go either way. Graphics would definitely be improved but game play elements have a lot to live up to.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-27-2008, 10:05 PM
You know, If I were to list every Square game that I have played in order of how much I want a remake of it, FF7 would be just after 3D WorldRunner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_WorldRunner). It was a decent game in 97. That does not mean it would be a decent game now. It was flawed in a lot of ways. If they tried to fix those flaws, weeaboo emo tears would flow like a waterfall over what the changed/did not change.

Sanosuke23
04-28-2008, 08:15 AM
If they tried to fix those flaws, weeaboo emo tears would flow like a waterfall over what the changed/did not change.

And I would be as Cartman licking the tears off of Scott Tenorman's face.

Fixing an incomplete game AND being able to drink heartily from the tears of weeaboo nerd rage? I fail to see a downside to this.

Amray
04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Are you sure you're not thinking of Crisis Core

No way! I know full-ruddy-well what Crisis Core is. The one of many spin-offs that is amazing.

But no, I mean a proper Final Fantasy VII remake for the PSP. I wouldn't think twice, no doubt I would get it, even if it does turn out rubbish. I'm an easy audience. ^_^

blackrosetwilight
04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
If they remade one through four Im sure they will remake seven after they remake five and six or did they already made them but oh wells might have to wait for another decade for a remake of seven

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-29-2008, 11:05 PM
And I would be as Cartman licking the tears off of Scott Tenorman's face.

Fixing an incomplete game AND being able to drink heartily from the tears of weeaboo nerd rage? I fail to see a downside to this.

Thinking from that perspective, I WOULD agree with it, but ONLY if Squaresoft promises that Aerith stays dead. Not even a super-secret hint only revealed after defeating fifty [insert material here] Weapons back to back to the effect that she doesn't die.

Shido
04-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Thinking from that perspective, I WOULD agree with it, but ONLY if Squaresoft promises that Aerith stays dead. Not even a super-secret hint only revealed after defeating fifty [insert material here] Weapons back to back to the effect that she doesn't die.

She would have to stay dead , it's the only way to keep inline with AC . One thing I always tell my friends though is that if it were remade be prepared to feel even worse for aeris . I mean you will now get to see in crystal clear clarity ( 1080p :P) her get shanked by sephiroth arterial spray everywhere , drips of blood on clouds face XD very gruesome . On the upside I'l' finaly get updated 3d graphics of my Tifa baby :)

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-30-2008, 12:31 AM
She would have to stay dead , it's the only way to keep inline with AC . One thing I always tell my friends though is that if it were remade be prepared to feel even worse for aeris . I mean you will now get to see in crystal clear clarity ( 1080p :P) her get shanked by sephiroth arterial spray everywhere , drips of blood on clouds face XD very gruesome . On the upside I'l' finaly get updated 3d graphics of my Tifa baby :)

I have no "plot consistency" type concerns. I want Aerith to stay dead purely so that moronic animu scum would comb the game for hundreds of hours looking for a way to bring her back to life (again). In fact, I want the producer to hint repeatedly that there is a way for her to be brought back to life, and for in game sources to imply that there's some way to do it...

At the end of a impossibly hard 30 hour long bonus dungeon with no save points (or at least those save points that are deleted when you load them, to prevent re-loading) , there would be a chest containing an item that could do it. The chest would be locked. There would be a note saying that (some NPC) has the key. After the 30 hour trek out with no save points, you'd ask the guy for the key. He'd produce it, on the condition that you collect his hat from right next to the chest first. 60 hours later, you get the key. One trek back... you stick the key in the chest- you get a potion, and a note saying "We're sorry, the princess is in another castle. Thank you for your patience- The Management".

Sanosuke23
04-30-2008, 02:41 AM
I have no "plot consistency" type concerns. I want Aerith to stay dead purely so that moronic *******s would comb the game for hundreds of hours looking for a way to bring her back to life (again). In fact, I want the producer to hint repeatedly that there is a way for her to be brought back to life, and for in game sources to imply that there's some way to do it...

At the end of a impossibly hard 30 hour long bonus dungeon with no save points (or at least those save points that are deleted when you load them, to prevent re-loading) , there would be a chest containing an item that could do it. The chest would be locked. There would be a note saying that (some NPC) has the key. After the 30 hour trek out with no save points, you'd ask the guy for the key. He'd produce it, on the condition that you collect his hat from right next to the chest first. 60 hours later, you get the key. One trek back... you stick the key in the chest- you get a potion, and a note saying "We're sorry, the princess is in another castle. Thank you for your patience- The Management".

I would buy twenty of them, just so I can legally give Square Enix my money.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I notice the w-word has been asterisked out. Interesting.

Sword
05-01-2008, 10:51 AM
I have no "plot consistency" type concerns. I want Aerith to stay dead purely so that moronic animu scum would comb the game for hundreds of hours looking for a way to bring her back to life (again). In fact, I want the producer to hint repeatedly that there is a way for her to be brought back to life, and for in game sources to imply that there's some way to do it...

That would be so funny. I'd still do that just to see the note lol.

Shido
05-02-2008, 12:23 PM
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/04/26/crisis_core_interviewing_yoshinori_kitase/1

an interview with yoshinori he mentions vague thoughts a a possible remake :P

Amray
05-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Because so many people want it, they may make it.
Their profits would soar up sky high.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Because so many people want it, they may make it.
Their profits would soar up sky high.
So, make it not because it in anyway would turn out good, but because anumu-tards would buy it without thinking? Yeah, good plan. Except that screwing up (and lets be honest, they would) something that so many unwashed nerds wet themselves over only leads to nerd revolts, and nerd revolts are bad for business if you are a JRPG publisher.

Shido
05-03-2008, 04:13 PM
So, make it not because it in anyway would turn out good, but because anumu-tards would buy it without thinking? Yeah, good plan. Except that screwing up (and lets be honest, they would) something that so many unwashed nerds wet themselves over only leads to nerd revolts, and nerd revolts are bad for business if you are a JRPG publisher.

Unfortunately they could screw it up and everyone will still buy it " MUARR YOU RUINED FF7 ENIX MUARR " all the while buying 3 copies plastering their avies , myspaces , facebooks , signatures and forum posts with FF7 remake crizap just like they did with AC and DOC and now Crisis core .

despite my love for ff7 and squaresoft , the ff7 fanbase can be just as bad if not worse ( ok could never be worse ) than the halo fanbase . nothing could ever be wrong with a halo game even if each game just gets upgraded graphics and is just an average fps (not even great MUAHAHA ) . that's how alot of people in the 7 fanbase are . IMO 7 was the greatest rpg ever made . In the opinion of the fanbase EVERY 7 spin off is the best thing ever made XD which just isn't true . DOC was a good game if you love the ff7 series but it sucked as a shooter . AC was cool but they just went crazy with plot twists and tweaked characters personalities PLUS why did everyone have to change clothes -.- what was wrong with Tifa's old outfit .

Amarhyllis
05-04-2008, 01:34 AM
After playing Crisis Core, I'm even more scared of a remake. As stated before, they have a CRAP load of new stuff to explain, and I'm sorry, that's NOT how it went down in the Nibelheim reactor. We have new Turks, materia fusion that Cloud will have to do which will totally break the game, SE will somehow turn the classic turn-based FF7 into an action RPG which even the thought makes me want to spew chunks, we got Genesis and Angeal to worry about now in flashbacks of Cloud...after playing Crisis Core, I will be forever depressed at the thought of a remake. I liked CC, but I hated it at the same time...
I believe that they will make it. As everyone stated before, they would get so much money if they did, how could they say no. All they would need to do is update graphics and they got gold. But SE...they're not going to make it simple, I just know it. They're going to make us wait however long it takes, until the time is golden, and give us something that's so twisted, so incredibly NOT FF7 and we're going to buy it and we're going to smile because it says Final Fantasy VII on the cover.
I mean, I hope my fear is not unfounded, I hope some of you are just as afraid as I am. FF7 was a symbol to me after I beat the first disc and still wanted to keep going, it was beautiful, touching, truly memorable. I've been wanting a remake for years, but seeing how SE has been tossing hamburger patties and calling it prime rib lately is turning me away. As I said before, if they should ever do it, I hope they do it right. Please, PLEASE, keep it simple. Keep it turn-based.

Sanosuke23
05-04-2008, 03:06 AM
After playing Crisis Core, I'm even more scared of a remake. As stated before, they have a CRAP load of new stuff to explain, and I'm sorry, that's NOT how it went down in the Nibelheim reactor. We have new Turks, materia fusion that Cloud will have to do which will totally break the game, SE will somehow turn the classic turn-based FF7 into an action RPG which even the thought makes me want to spew chunks, we got Genesis and Angeal to worry about now in flashbacks of Cloud...after playing Crisis Core, I will be forever depressed at the thought of a remake. I liked CC, but I hated it at the same time...
I believe that they will make it. As everyone stated before, they would get so much money if they did, how could they say no. All they would need to do is update graphics and they got gold. But SE...they're not going to make it simple, I just know it. They're going to make us wait however long it takes, until the time is golden, and give us something that's so twisted, so incredibly NOT FF7 and we're going to buy it and we're going to smile because it says Final Fantasy VII on the cover.
I mean, I hope my fear is not unfounded, I hope some of you are just as afraid as I am. FF7 was a symbol to me after I beat the first disc and still wanted to keep going, it was beautiful, touching, truly memorable. I've been wanting a remake for years, but seeing how SE has been tossing hamburger patties and calling it prime rib lately is turning me away. As I said before, if they should ever do it, I hope they do it right. Please, PLEASE, keep it simple. Keep it turn-based.

A remake doesn't overhaul the entire game system. It'd be the same game at its core, just with a story matching the retcons, updated graphics, a script that isn't riddled with typos, engrish, and mistakes in general, and probably a couple of new things here and there.

What happened at the Nibelheim reactor in CC can easily be explained away by Cloud's brain being broken, to be honest. That's not such a huge retcon. Angeal is dead and has no reason to be implemented outside of maybe a couple of brief flashes of an unnamed SOLDIER 1st Class during MIND HAXXORATIONZ moments, and Genesis already has an alibi for not being in 7, he was with Deepground at the time/living in a cave somewhere. I don't know what else they need to explain, any village not in FFVII was carpet-bombed into oblivion. The ONLY thing they need to explain away is the new Turks members/rewrite some of Elena's dialogue, but at the same time it could just mean that the Turks encounters will have a little more diversity.

.Seth
05-04-2008, 03:56 AM
PS3 Final Fantasy VII confirmed to be in development (http://digg.com/gaming_news/PS3_Final_Fantasy_VII_confirmed_to_be_in_developme nt)

N4G.com : Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed for PS3? (http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-39606.aspx)

FFXIII Playable Demo, FFVII PS3 Remake CONFIRMED - Final Fantasy ... (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=finalfantasy&thread.id=231048)

Shido
05-04-2008, 04:23 PM
PS3 Final Fantasy VII confirmed to be in development (http://digg.com/gaming_news/PS3_Final_Fantasy_VII_confirmed_to_be_in_developme nt)

N4G.com : Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed for PS3? (http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-39606.aspx)

FFXIII Playable Demo, FFVII PS3 Remake CONFIRMED - Final Fantasy ... (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=finalfantasy&thread.id=231048)

all of those are rumors and that last link is an aprill fools joke XD

Chocobo
05-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Well, first of all, you have to look at it like this:

Enix has a to do list. And I'm sure if they do remake Final Fantasy VII, it'll either be for the DS or PC since Sony just released being able to buy PS1 games online and being able to play those games on the PS3 via a PSP portal. The only setback to this would be only being able to play at probably 4 hours or less. They most likely WON'T remake Final Fantasy VII until they at least get out Final Fantasy XIII. They also have to maintain Final Fantasy XI [which is online if you didn't know that].

Yet another issue is that 3D games aren't exactly able to be made overnight. You first have to get the render, then the shading, then the render movement. Then you have a team on the map. Enix is striving to make the game seem realistic, and in order to do this they actually sometimes have to act out what would happen in real life by capturing this on camera, then applying the visuals as closely as they can to in game.

You can't exactly remake a game whenever you want. Or, how about this...why don't you become a graphics designer, get accepted into Enix, and see how difficult it is. There's also Uematsu. He's been the composer for almost every game; I don't know what Enix will do when he dies or retires-I seriously don't know. You ever come to think that he actually might be a little tired from composing over 13 different game music? And to think, each game soundtrack has over 50 songs...then there's those side-games like X-2, and DoC...

Amray
05-04-2008, 05:47 PM
For me, it does not matter how much the spin-offs suck- I will always see the original Final Fantasy VII as its own individual masterpiece. ^-^

Klakz
05-04-2008, 06:09 PM
I have to disagree with the original poster... a remake would ruin the FFVII legacy.

Remakes of anything never really work out. They have too much to live up for; the original fans usually want a remake because they love the game... and in a remake they expect something BETTER than the original. This is a mammoth task for the games developers. And to make matters worse, you can never satisfy all of your fan base. No matter how perfect they would make the game, someone would still hate it and prefer the original.

Some fans of Chrono Trigger tried to remake the original game, but as soon as Squaresoft caught wind of this, they quickly shut the project down, and made sure no others would be set up.

Here's the link to the project, it is really impressive. I really recommend you check it out if you were a Chrono Trigger fan:

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

Although it was a fan project, and they didn't ask for proper permission to redevelop the game, I think that this was a good example of Squaresoft's attitute towards remaking ANY of their games.

Let's just remember FFVII for the amazing game it was for the time, and let's hope Squaresoft bring out another awesome game soon, that people in 11 years time will say "I WISH THEY WOULD REMAKE <NAME OF THE GAME>!!!".

/troll'd

Irvine
05-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I disagree, I think a remake would be wonderful. Afterall this time, to revisit a classic would be great for nostalgic gamers worldwide. Besides, what else could they do but improve it, seeing as they have so much more to work with now. Knowing Square, however, I'd figure they'd screw with it too much and ruin it.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Some fans of Chrono Trigger tried to remake the original game, but as soon as Squaresoft caught wind of this, they quickly shut the project down, and made sure no others would be set up.

Here's the link to the project, it is really impressive. I really recommend you check it out if you were a Chrono Trigger fan:

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

Um, yeah. Those people were retarded. You can't just wholeheartedly steal an IP and then make a free expanded version of it on a whim. It would be like if I decided to take Star Wars Battlefront 2, update the graphics to near-modern standards, add in all the awesome hero ships, add 64 player multiplayer over enormous maps and give it away for free. LucasArts would Cease and Desist me to the depths of hell.

Although it was a fan project, and they didn't ask for proper permission to redevelop the game, I think that this was a good example of Squaresoft's attitute towards remaking ANY of their games.
Yeah, except for all the Final Fantasys they already HAVE remade.

Amarhyllis
05-05-2008, 12:33 AM
A remake doesn't overhaul the entire game system. It'd be the same game at its core, just with a story matching the retcons, updated graphics, a script that isn't riddled with typos, engrish, and mistakes in general, and probably a couple of new things here and there.

What happened at the Nibelheim reactor in CC can easily be explained away by Cloud's brain being broken, to be honest. That's not such a huge retcon. Angeal is dead and has no reason to be implemented outside of maybe a couple of brief flashes of an unnamed SOLDIER 1st Class during MIND HAXXORATIONZ moments, and Genesis already has an alibi for not being in 7, he was with Deepground at the time/living in a cave somewhere. I don't know what else they need to explain, any village not in FFVII was carpet-bombed into oblivion. The ONLY thing they need to explain away is the new Turks members/rewrite some of Elena's dialogue, but at the same time it could just mean that the Turks encounters will have a little more diversity.

True, true. When I wrote that, I was thinking of the differences between CC and BC and you've made excellent points. I'm not that scared now if they do it as you say and I hope they do should they decide to actually go through with it.
But I still am scared, lol ><

.Seth
05-05-2008, 11:15 PM
all of those are rumors and that last link is an aprill fools joke XD

That's besides the point! =P

Aysami_Kishima
05-26-2008, 08:58 PM
I would love for them to remake FF7. But i dont want the to ruin it.

wolfhood
05-27-2008, 02:14 AM
i agree. we need to step up. i actually have an uncle who works for activision who was down recently and we were talking about they game industry and he said. "theres not one company in the industry thats not messed up in some sort of way"

ValentineWolf
05-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Rumor has it they do want to remake FF7 however they want to remake it with the original crew members. Since those crew members are all working on different projects right now like FF13, FFVS13, KH3, etc they've decided to put it on hold. However they said anything can happen so just keep hoping and it'll happen.

Nanao Ise
05-27-2008, 06:38 AM
The remake will probably include ridiculous crap from the Compilation titles... >.>
If anything, other FF's deserve a remake.

Gannon
05-27-2008, 11:09 PM
How 'bout a port to DS?

Chocobo
05-27-2008, 11:26 PM
How about they stop fiddling with the Final Fantasy VII title. -_- Jesus Christ (no offense to religious people), but we have The Spirits Within, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, truly, it's getting a little old.

Yes, 7 was a great title, but it's time to move on. Try playing VIII, IX, X, XII, or if you have enough money, try XI.

Leave VII alone! How about demand for a IX movie, X movie, XII movie, or even a Kingdom Hearts movie. Then again, its main helping characters ARE from VII, so I'm iffy about that...

daft
05-27-2008, 11:40 PM
i wish good ol' SquareSoft was still around...*sniffle*
Hahaha, don't we all. Their games just had this certain edge that other games couldn't imitate. Square Enix is very nice, and probably will have plenty more great games to come in the future, but Squaresoft has left it's mark on history and will forever be remembered. The nostalgia kills me, *whispers..."Squaresoft"*

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Hahaha, don't we all. Their games just had this certain edge that other games couldn't imitate. Square Enix is very nice, and probably will have plenty more great games to come in the future, but Squaresoft has left it's mark on history and will forever be remembered. The nostalgia kills me, *whispers..."Squaresoft"*

Nah, Squaresoft had already Jumped the Shark before they wed Enix. I would define the exact moment it happened as the DAY Square released FF7 in America and it didn't fail in sales. In fact, that was the day the entire J-RPG industry jumped the shark.

Nanao Ise
05-28-2008, 11:28 AM
How 'bout a port to DS?

Wouldnt exactly be the mind blowing remake everyone would be waiting for, seeing as the tech demo was originally made for the ps3, and everyone pretty much wants it on the ps3..

Yuri_
05-28-2008, 01:23 PM
How about they stop fiddling with the Final Fantasy VII title. -_- Jesus Christ (no offense to religious people), but we have The Spirits Within, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, truly, it's getting a little old.

Yes, 7 was a great title, but it's time to move on. Try playing VIII, IX, X, XII, or if you have enough money, try XI.

Leave VII alone! How about demand for a IX movie, X movie, XII movie, or even a Kingdom Hearts movie. Then again, its main helping characters ARE from VII, so I'm iffy about that...

Thank you.

Lucrecia Crescent
05-28-2008, 01:50 PM
As a Final Fantasy VII + Dirge of Cerberus character (XD),

I believe that it would ruin the original method used in earlier years.

Most think, "Well, with a great storyline and realistic graphics, you can't go wrong, right?" Depending.

It all depends on the storyline, and what the game itself instills. Final Fantasy VII didn't have all that great graphics when it came out. We all know that. But, it had an amazing and touching storyline. It was so epic, that its is still talked about this very day! Its 2008 people, and that game first came out in 1997! Honestly, with that much admiration, a remake would destroy the true meaning of it. Many will get a different point of view on the game, and not many people WANT a different point of view. Such as me.

This is my opinion, and I do respect other's opinion very much.

Amray
05-28-2008, 03:12 PM
I agree with Lucrecia. Not just because she is an ecchi scientist but also because it would probably be best to keep Final Fantasy VII in it's original form. Ofcourse I would like to see a remake but it would also be good to just leave the franchise alone now and keep it legendary.

But I personally liked the graphics of the original one, it was fun and different. I thought they were awesome.

Brojasu
06-23-2008, 12:54 AM
yep those blocky arms were pretty cool XD

Archaic Devices
06-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't think they make a remake and not just because I don't like FF. I think there are too many Final Fantasy game already. And they just made FFXIII. Give Final Fantasy a break.

Kobbler
06-25-2008, 12:15 AM
A thing to keep in mind right now is how SquareEnix is with its development cycle now. FF13 hasnt even come out but they are, or as we are lead to believe, already working on FF14. Now if I was as smart at I think I am, I would realize if that 14 is 7x2, and with a "remake" being the "second version" of the game it would be really smart to have it come out that way. Unfortunately with how tight lipped SquareEnix is we may not know for quite some time what this next game is going to be after FF13 and FF13Verses.

StabWound
06-25-2008, 12:48 AM
They should just focus on making there new games better, because the last few haven't been very good.

If they did do a remake for PS3 I'd rather have VI remade.

MiyobiChan
06-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Oh my gosh! I want an FF7 remake.

But the thing is...I've only watched others play FF7. And I'm incredibly picky when it comes to graphics, plus my PS1 broke x_X
Anyway, I think Square Enix and Sony will make a ton of money if they re-make FF7. I have Dirge of Cereberus and I've watched Advent Children, both awesome o.o and gahhh it'll just be epic is they re-make FF7.

When a friend of mine told me about the spoiler at the end of Crisis Core for FF7 I got so excited. Until he told me it was just a "test". WTH ;_;

Square...Sony make an FF7 remake. It'll be epic ^_^

g4m4
06-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I guess square enix will making the remake of Final Fantasy 7 in playstation 3, because we can look the trailer in the ending of FinalFantasy crisis Core

tohru__honda
06-25-2008, 09:45 AM
me it will be tohru honda!!!!:)

tohru__honda
06-25-2008, 09:47 AM
sorry guys!im wrong of posting!!@!