PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Juliet [Red Garden Wall]

Ωmega
03-26-2008, 09:05 AM
I recently started watching Red Garden and just HAD to do a wall paper. I decided to make my main focus Lisa, since shes not too involved with the series so far >_>

I used the cleaned up scan I did the other day and just went to town. The series is based in New York, so I wanted buildings. I think I may add the Empire State building in the bg somewhere

So thoughts? Changes? More pearls? CnC please! :3

poison.ivy
03-28-2008, 10:01 AM
It's looks very cool! I think Empire State Building would be a nice balance on the left because the pearls are on the right. Colors are very clear and they blend nicely. Very cool =)

Serated
03-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Wow...... Thats just amazing. Did you vector the whole thing?

Ωmega
03-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Wow...... Thats just amazing. Did you vector the whole thing?
like...60% of it. The scan of Lisa isnt a complete vector. She had text all over her, so I retouched and vectored over those areas :3

The I made like...5 quick brushes that I used in several places over the buildings.
The pearls were made with just the default round brush/

I'll add in Empire State building soon >_>

Fabala
04-17-2008, 11:54 PM
I haven't seen the original artwork, so these may be attributed to the artist's style more than "mistakes," but they jump out at me.

First: Her right arm. There is no crease or line showing the separation between forearm and upper arm. Instead they seem to melt into one another. Considering the amount of detail in other areas, this appears off.

Second: On the left side, one of the pearls is elongated into an almost rectangular shape. Surrounded by significantly rounder pearls, it stands out.

Third: The buildings. They don't look like buildings to me, and certainly not skyscrapers. In fact, I didn't know that's what they were supposed to be until I read your post. I think this comes down mostly to the windows. I think the most effective cutout building shapes I've seen have long (vertically) rectangular windows neatly arranged in rows. Though I wouldn't stick a window in every spot on every row, because I like the "some lights are off, some are on" look. Here's something of what I mean:

http://www.allampkin.com/S1918.jpg

The lack of windows in certain areas only adds to the impact. It's clearly a skyline, and yet realistically it's a bunch of shapes. The variety of shapes (implying depth) and neatly arranged windows are what give it this effect, I think.

Otherwise I like it. Not exactly my cup of tea, but I can see the artistic merit in it and I think the composition is quite good (I would have moved her slightly more off-center, but both would work).

ThE_LoST_ShaDoW
04-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Thats a pretty cool wallpaper! I have never heard of Red Garden until now, I will have to check it out.

IchigoKiss
04-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Maru I love it!! ^^
I like the whole vector-ish thing ^^
and the background is nice. I'd download this for sure ^^

queenelfaria2
04-18-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm watching this series, too! (at this very minute actually, ep. #14) Very nice picture. Love the butterflies on the arms. The buildings match the style of the opening. I'd like to suggest, to maybe add some roses or floating petals some where to balance the greenery? If not, it's still a good representation of the show. More please! :)

Lady Darkholme
05-16-2008, 05:04 PM
a lovely picture o lisa well done.Do you or anyone know what those poems/ songs are that the girls say/sign in the episodes
love afina

Krista Logan
05-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Wow! That looks awesome. I don't really have anything to complain about. I love it! <3