PDA

View Full Version : Kaworu the most evil charcter of all time?

unforgivenhope
03-25-2008, 08:49 PM
so I was reading through the angelic days and I thought of something. Kaworu is truly one of the most evil characters I have ever seen. well not so much evil as he is cruel. He causes so much heart ache in the series and seems as if he give everyone what they want for a a few minutes and the second they smile. BAM! It gets snatched away.

Angelic days aside even in the show he is very cruel. The boy who know body loves, well at least thinks he is. All of a sudden has someone telling him he loves him, only to have to kill him. Kaworu knew he was an angel, he knew it would ethier be him or shinji and yet......"I love you"

He may not kill thousands or Aerith. He may not do any up front destruction, but he really does some very cruel hurtful things in his own suttle way. I wonder how many people agree with me, or will agree after seeing the rebuild 2-4 (since he'll be in them more).

Ball Tripper
03-25-2008, 08:51 PM
What are the angelic days?

I only saw the tv series and the end of eva movie, I didn't think kaworu was evil at all. He pretty much let's himself be killed because he knows it's either him or everybody else.

unforgivenhope
03-25-2008, 10:03 PM
What are the angelic days?

I only saw the tv series and the end of eva movie, I didn't think kaworu was evil at all. He pretty much let's himself be killed because he knows it's either him or everybody else.

Remember near the end of the tv series they showed a brief alternate reality scene, angelic days is a magna taking place in that alternate reality. It a lot more romnatic than the original eva and the art work isn't so great, but I personally find it to be really good. Read it if you get the chance...its nice to see a Rei who talks.

daft
03-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Kaworu is Jesus, or at least he acted like Jesus. ^ ^

vamppy_lol
03-31-2008, 03:21 PM
kawrou was a god....i cried when he died!! if he wasn't an angel he and shinji would actully make a cute couple!XDD

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-31-2008, 05:45 PM
so I was reading through the angelic days and I thought of something. Kaworu is truly one of the most evil characters I have ever seen. well not so much evil as he is cruel. He causes so much heart ache in the series and seems as if he give everyone what they want for a a few minutes and the second they smile. BAM! It gets snatched away.
Non-canon, plus I haven't read the whole series so I'll ignore.

Angelic days aside even in the show he is very cruel. The boy who know body loves, well at least thinks he is. All of a sudden has someone telling him he loves him, only to have to kill him. Kaworu knew he was an angel, he knew it would ethier be him or shinji and yet......"I love you"

He may not kill thousands or Aerith. He may not do any up front destruction, but he really does some very cruel hurtful things in his own suttle way. I wonder how many people agree with me, or will agree after seeing the rebuild 2-4 (since he'll be in them more).
I think the point you are missing is that Kaworu sacrificed himself for Shinji (and humanity) to live. He was an angel- his purpose was to replace mankind. He couldn't live and not destroy mankind/Shinji. Shinji was the only one that could stop him.

DynastyxFell
04-18-2008, 07:51 PM
I don't think he's evil at all. He was the first person to show real affection for Shinji, and even though he ended up being an angel, at least for a short time Shinji had some one that he felt cared for him. And also, as has been metioned before, he did sacrifice himself for humankind, even when it was his job to destory them.

I haven't read Angelic Days yet, so I can't really say anything about him there, but from what I know, everyone's personality has been messed around with, and plus its not really cannon, so as for the general series I wouldn't judge him by anything he does in Angelic Days.