PDA

View Full Version : So, I'll Be Leaving for a While.

NovaStar
03-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Goodbye To Animeforum.com

It is with great sadness that I realize something both as an anime fan and as a human being, that being said I give to you my swan song, and my farewell at least for now, of animeforum.com, now many of you may ask "Nova Why, you were one of our better posters, You posted things and I enjoyed reading them"

and for those of you that care? I have this message: Thank You

Thank you to the Kokono's, Thank you to the Memento Mori's, Thank you to the Alicaryn Siletead's Thank you to the Cappernicus's, Thank you to everyone whom I've made a friend with and discussed my PASSION with over the last year and a half. I wish to god that it could be longer, but at the rate Animeforum.com is going? and the Anime Industry is going. You guys are going to eat yourself alive on hate.

Thank you to the people like Kincaid and Chrono XIII Whom I sit down with on a Regular basis to have INTELIGENT Conversations with about my passion, even with those whom may not know much, but still have a passion to learn, I thank you as well

I pity the anime industry, as it will soon be dead, and I wish I couldn't say it? but WE'RE the ones to blame. We're The ones who killed Geneon, We're the ones whom ALMOST put ADV out of business and WE'RE whom will pay for it.

For every ONE Good post I've seen on Anime Forum, there have been 100 Bad ones, and 100 Threads which already exsist.

We now live in an Age where Anime is not special, Anime is simply a medium which can be thrown out like it is NOTHING, to where everybody on earth claims they're an Anime fan, when all they've seen are shows broadcasted in Syndicate, and then complain and moan when they can't find their habits for free.

in short: We're Cancer. and we're eating our own fandom alive. I sincerely hope that those who read this? Take heed on why I? A Decent poster, someone who's always tried to help? Am leaving

That reason is? I simply can not keep up with the fast moving rise of the Pirates whom don't care about anything but geting their fix.

We are Drug Addicts. - We get a Fix, we move on, and then we forget what brought us to the dance.

Are you a Fan of Inuyasha? No? I didn't think so, but you were: You were, and now a new and more powerful drug has come out, and so you all toss your perscription aside for a quick over the counter fix which you download onto your harddrives

Soon you'll overdose, and the anime industry will be found lying in a bathroom stall limp because it simply tried to provide ungreatful bastards with too much. - I'm very sorry if you can't save your five dollar allowences to show your passion for something by buying a DISC a MONTH even to support a show.

No. you want your quick fixes.

To everyone who I've made friends with?

Thank you

I may be back. I may not

I'll be starting a website soon called the Nova Project. - Anyone whom wants to find that? I'll make a followup post in my blog with details regarding that.

Remember this:

We have something special

We are a fanbase which survives on it's own fan's and it's own money
don't overdose it on drugs which you're too scared to pay for.

The Doctor is out

NovaStar

Famahama
03-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh-my.

You were dead serious.

wow...
May we meet again on the forums, and i shall wish you luck with your dreams. And keep in touch, mate!

(_YvOnSo_)
03-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Well... we weren't good friends since we never talked, and I am not a big typer like you, and not that very wise like you, but you are still my friend.

Good-bye, NovaStar!!

Gandizzl
03-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Too bad, mate.
Well, I'll see you on MSN I assume so this isn't farewell forever :3

Memento Mori
03-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Noooooooo ;_;

Byebye. ;_;

See you later. ;_;

Hope to see you soon. ;_;

Good luck with real life. ;_;

None of the above
03-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Sounds pretty... self-destructive, if you ask me.

Anyhow, I do hope you will be back soon.

I'll check out this Nova Star Project of yours.

Hideki Motosuwa.
03-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Oh man, this really sucks! You really are a decent poster, Nova, and you were one of the first people that I remember to help me out and explain some things to me. Good Luck to whatever you're doing and take care of yourself! See you again sometime.

~*Red*~
03-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Okay, see you around Nova, and hopefully you will come back on here soon.

Merodi
03-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Aww okie, hope to see you again soon!

Goodylucky
03-24-2008, 05:10 PM
awww! please come back soon!!
so.. bye..??

Jinkazuma
03-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Hope to see you again one day

Perpetual Specter
03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
=o I hate to see you leave Nova. You really were one of the better members here at AF. Although I've tried to be friends with you and you didn't notice really, I do hope you will decide some day to return. Until then Nova, bye =/

DarkMoonPrince
03-24-2008, 07:55 PM
We in the forum will miss you Nova, Good luck, Until we meet again, Good bye. <3333

hatoko_hinata
03-24-2008, 10:09 PM
I never really got to know you but..
Hope you come back!
See ya!

LiLi.
03-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Oh peez. That's a long post. ^^;
Well hope to see you back soon!

Kincaid
03-25-2008, 09:27 AM
As a fan, I can see where you're coming from. This place seems to CELEBRATE the piracy of an art form to a disgusting degree, and if anyone is annoyed with you leaving they have no one else to blame but the members by the attitude they carry. That's all.