PDA

View Full Version : I have Final Fantrasy VII Crisis Core ENG

soras_hold
03-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Well i've had it wednesday of last week and its the english verison for all of you who are wondering

it was leaked wednesday onto the internet 6 days before it was to be released in stores

That game is amazing

Amray
03-23-2008, 10:00 AM
I am Jelous.

I really really want this game and cannot wait 'till it is released over here.

Chaos Proxy
03-23-2008, 04:15 PM
I completed the game like 5 months ago.
There have been two patches for the Japanese version.

*The first one translated the menus.
*The second translated everything else.

Either way the original English version was out on various warez forum since 3rd March.
The game itself was quite okay, but still doesn't give you the "feeling" like some other games give. [Monster Hunter Freedoms, Burnouts] .
For an portable RPG it's perfect.

qG.Shogun
03-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Does it come out for the xbox 360?

Chaos Proxy
03-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Nope, sorry.
It's Playstation Portable exclusive. :/

Xbox360 isn't getting much love from Square Enix.

Dogmat
03-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I have my pre-order payed completely at Gamestop. This is "the reason" I bought a PSP. Now if only they'll remake FFVII for the PS3.

Sanosuke23
03-24-2008, 07:01 PM
I preordered it, comes in tomorrow.

I do not pirate new releases or readily available games because I like giving people money for their product. It's how industries stay alive, after all.

Buy new and straight from the company when possible! For instance, Double Fine is selling the excellent game Psychonauts from their website, and will most likely do the same when Brütal Legend comes out. :)

I shall edit in my opinion when I get some playtime in.

Dogmat
03-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Yay! Just got the call from Gamestop tellimg me I can pick the game up tomorrow afternoon! :D

Wednesday I'll be getting Dark Sector for the PS3.

Gintara
03-27-2008, 11:37 PM
*sigh*

I have to wait until my birthday until I'm able to get it luckily. 2 more months to go I suppose...

Gjallarhorn
03-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Got it the day it came out, and I've been playing it addictively ever since. (In bed before going to sleep, in class, on the bus, walking around, sitting at my computer, etc.)

I've played several Final Fantasy games before, just a bit each, and I've never been a fan of the series. This is the first one that I've wanted to play, and I must say, I really enjoy this one. Very fun.

Sanosuke23
03-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Oh man, I'm up to the big hole in the ground after Gongaga, and I've gotta say it sucks that Zack's a relatively minor character in the overall VII story. He's possibly one of the most refreshing main characters in a Final Fantasy since before you realize Zidane's obligatory tragic backstory in IX.

He grew up to a loving family that DIDN'T GET SLAUGHTERED HORRIBLY BEFORE HIS VERY EYES, he grew up wanting to be a big hero like any normal boy, and he is neither emotionless nor overemotional. The only time so far he's had an emotional outburst was when everything in the game was starting to really fall apart, and even then it was brief and reasonable given that Angeal and Genesis were both "back from the dead" so to speak after he had to kill them both, and he was there to see Sephiroth learn he wasn't human and that Shinra's been doing some experimenting on people. He's pretty much had faith in Shinra and SOLDIER up until that point, so it's perfectly understandable that he'd get upset and start having a crisis of conscience.

He also has a girlfriend, and it's believable. None of this OH MY LOVE FOR YOU IS EVERLASTING type stuff, but she'll call him during a mission and they'll chat a bit, or people will tease Zack about it, and it all seems like they're normal people. None of the melodrama you see in most jRPGs.

I also thoroughly enjoy seeing Sephiroth as a good guy. The game takes you through Nibelheim though, and that's where things turn sour for him. Before that he was your typical bishounen character, and according to his fan club mail(yes, he has a fan club in the game as does the other two established SOLDIER 1st classes in the game) he's kind of metrosexual. This made me laugh, as despite the fact that he's a pretty useless and overrated villain in VII, I like him a lot.

As for the gameplay, it reminds me of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. The only difference being that they removed the card aspect, replaced it with Materia, and added a slot machine. It seems pretty easy, and for the most part it is, but you're only really hacking through stuff so you can get to more of the story, and if you liked FFVII you will fangasm at this story.

As for the graphics, I'm honestly blown away. I love them. I don't even care about graphics all too much most of the time, but there's one flashback of Sephiroth, Angeal and Genesis sparring with each other that's pretty much Advent Children quality. The limit break-type things in the game range from hilarious to awesome, and the summons are gorgeous and thankfully skippable.

In fact, I'm gonna go play some more right now.

Sword
04-01-2008, 04:18 AM
Oh man, I'm up to the big hole in the ground after Gongaga, and I've gotta say it sucks that Zack's a relatively minor character in the overall VII story. He's possibly one of the most refreshing main characters in a Final Fantasy since before you realize Zidane's obligatory tragic backstory in IX.

He grew up to a loving family that DIDN'T GET SLAUGHTERED HORRIBLY BEFORE HIS VERY EYES, he grew up wanting to be a big hero like any normal boy, and he is neither emotionless nor overemotional. The only time so far he's had an emotional outburst was when everything in the game was starting to really fall apart, and even then it was brief and reasonable given that Angeal and Genesis were both "back from the dead" so to speak after he had to kill them both, and he was there to see Sephiroth learn he wasn't human and that Shinra's been doing some experimenting on people. He's pretty much had faith in Shinra and SOLDIER up until that point, so it's perfectly understandable that he'd get upset and start having a crisis of conscience.

He also has a girlfriend, and it's believable. None of this OH MY LOVE FOR YOU IS EVERLASTING type stuff, but she'll call him during a mission and they'll chat a bit, or people will tease Zack about it, and it all seems like they're normal people. None of the melodrama you see in most jRPGs.

I also thoroughly enjoy seeing Sephiroth as a good guy. The game takes you through Nibelheim though, and that's where things turn sour for him. Before that he was your typical bishounen character, and according to his fan club mail(yes, he has a fan club in the game as does the other two established SOLDIER 1st classes in the game) he's kind of metrosexual. This made me laugh, as despite the fact that he's a pretty useless and overrated villain in VII, I like him a lot.

As for the gameplay, it reminds me of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. The only difference being that they removed the card aspect, replaced it with Materia, and added a slot machine. It seems pretty easy, and for the most part it is, but you're only really hacking through stuff so you can get to more of the story, and if you liked FFVII you will fangasm at this story.

As for the graphics, I'm honestly blown away. I love them. I don't even care about graphics all too much most of the time, but there's one flashback of Sephiroth, Angeal and Genesis sparring with each other that's pretty much Advent Children quality. The limit break-type things in the game range from hilarious to awesome, and the summons are gorgeous and thankfully skippable.

In fact, I'm gonna go play some more right now.
So...It seems good lol. I'm ragin that I hafta wait until June over here (UK).

g4m4
04-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Well i've had it wednesday of last week and its the english verison for all of you who are wondering

it was leaked wednesday onto the internet 6 days before it was to be released in stores

That game is amazing

Wow.... really, I want -want.... I wonder, is there FF Crisis Core For Mobile or PC ........

Final Fantasy Free Download (http://top-finalfantasy.blogspot.com/)

Sanosuke23
04-01-2008, 06:16 AM
Wow.... really, I want -want.... I wonder, is there FF Crisis Core For Mobile or PC ........

Final Fantasy Free Download (http://top-finalfantasy.blogspot.com/)

No, mobile phones in Japan got Before Crisis, a Turks game.

I want to play it.

StabWound
04-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Combat is horrible, dialogue is horrible, but atleast its pretty?

Tifa*Lockheart
05-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Whoa!
Final Fantasy Crisis Core is the best game ever!
spending $44.35 on that game is SO worth it! :D

Chocobo
05-30-2008, 09:30 PM
*launch attack....slaughter*

I need intel on the DMW system >_<;; I've read that it's like a slot machine, and whether or not you can use a summon or special attack is purely luck.

Also...my friend got Crisis Core the day school was released, he has Ifrit and Bahamut. Are those the only 2 summons or are there more? If anyone has a PSM magazine with the article over Crisis Core and the summers, please PM me the list or scan and PM me it x.x;;

*somehow slithers away like a Choco-snake*

Zanethose
05-30-2008, 09:35 PM
*launch attack....slaughter*

I need intel on the DMW system >_<;; I've read that it's like a slot machine, and whether or not you can use a summon or special attack is purely luck.

Also...my friend got Crisis Core the day school was released, he has Ifrit and Bahamut. Are those the only 2 summons or are there more? If anyone has a PSM magazine with the article over Crisis Core and the summers, please PM me the list or scan and PM me it x.x;;

*somehow slithers away like a Choco-snake*

The DMW is pure luck. 100% There is no skill to it, pressing different buttons when you get a limit verge, or anything like that have absolutely no affect on it. Trust me, I kept track xD hahaha

ok, well

there are 7 different limit breaks (6 characters and then 1 for when you dont have the character unlocked yet in the DMW)
There are 4 or 5 summons, I do believe
and then there is another 4 "extra" summons, I do believe

Nanao Ise
05-31-2008, 07:08 AM
This looks like the only promising compilation title for FFVII. :/
I won't be able to get it, seriously cannot afford another console..especially If I am saving up for a PS3 :laugh:

Cantelope
05-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Summons are Ifrit, Bahamut, Bahamut-Fury, Odin, and Phoenix.

Limits are Sephiroth, Angeal, Tseng, Aerith, Cissnei, Cloud, and Genesis.

Character Changes are Chocobo, Cactuar, Tonberry, Cait Sith, Moogle, and ??? (I forget).

If you just keep chugging through your missions, and opening every chest, you'll eventually get all of your character changes and summons.

Sagat
05-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Amazing game. Nothing else to be said really. I love it.

Cantelope
05-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, the cinematic scenes are amazing. Gameplay gets kind of stale your second time through the game, when you end up being able to get through entire plot missions with only the X button.

Tifa*Lockheart
05-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Really? So Genesis become one of the DMW? (Havnt beaten the game yet. v.v)

Sanosuke23
05-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Really? So Genesis become one of the DMW? (Havnt beaten the game yet. v.v)

You couldn't tell by the sillhouette?

The only ones I didn't figure out on sight was Cissnei because she was new and Tseng because he was just a generic headpiece..

zyronet
06-05-2008, 12:51 PM
The game is so awesome, though.. poor Zack he was destined to die at the end.
Anyway.. Vincent was sleeping in shinra manor right?