PDA

View Full Version : Bleach IS going to END, right?

Wio
03-18-2008, 01:16 AM
I ask this because I would like some closure, while at the same time the series needs to just stop.

First things first, when you have a DBZ styled fighting system, kendo can't be your trump card. It just doesn't work. When someone has lived for centuries on end and is uber powerful, they should be able to fight well. They won't consciously decide to fight better when they consciously realize that they are losing the battle. Instead they will subconsciously realize they are loosing and subconsciously take things up a notch.
When I see a shark in the water, I don't think "Oh my, I better release some adrenaline and start swimming." My body will do all of this automatically.

Second, when you have a DBZ styled fighting system, people who have taken centuries to aquire their power shouldn't be able to double it in less than a month without a serious explanation. You can't just say "training". Someone has to unlock a new powers, learn a new move, or enter some "intense" training that would only be considered in desperate situations.

Third, reusing the "save the damsel" plot is an epic creativity failure. Another overly used theme is the one where Ichigo goes hallow whenever he's in trouble. I think this was abused enough to become a running gag. Screw the 'wide eyes' BS, just put a freakin' hallow mask on his head whenever he feels outmatched.

Azel
03-18-2008, 01:20 AM
This is one those shows like DBZ, Inuyasha, and Naruto. Way over-popularized and practically everyone in the series is mad with power. Much like the series I mentioned in comparison, I haven't been able to keep up with the series because of how expansive it is. All we can do is hope it doesn't become another Inuyasha.

Gjallarhorn
03-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Azel, Naruto falls less into the DBZ category, only to the extent that they are both Shounen action series.

Bleach will surely have an end, but, yes, I do agree, it needs to end before it does any more damage to itself. At this point, I'm just contining to read so that I can know how it ends, and I like the artwork.

Wio
03-18-2008, 01:58 AM
I don't dislike DBZ though. In retrospect it isn't as great as it used to be, but to deny it being a good anime is just trying to be negative.

I also like OP, which has the whole DBZ power theme, but it spices things up by having totally new enemies, abilities, items, etc.

Gjallarhorn
03-18-2008, 02:05 AM
I don't dislike DBZ though. In retrospect it isn't as great as it used to be, but to deny it being a good anime is just trying to be negative.

I also like OP, which has the whole DBZ power theme, but it spices things up by having totally new enemies, abilities, items, etc.

One Piece manages to stay good, because it has good characters, continually makes it's story more interesting, and manages to keep itself fairly new, and refreshing.It's power ups are also not the result of training or anything. Luffy's first "power ups", where the result of him question his own powers. The only character in One Piece that actually trains is Zoro.

Bleach, on the otherhand, manages to just re-hash everything over and over. And it's powerups are completely usesless after 20 chapters or so. Remember Nel going all super-powerful, and being like "i am teh win!"? That lasted for like...3 chapters, before she suddenly reverted. Makes her useless, at that point...

Chaos Proxy
03-18-2008, 08:32 AM
I so hope it's going to end soon.
Since I've just recently finished reading all the manga I really don't understand why are they ruining it this badly.
They'll do anything to save the good guys.. it's just so lame. =_=
I haven't watched DBZ because I really disliked original DB, but they are seriously messing Bleach up.

[Why can't the Arrancars just kill even one of them?!]

Hautalken
03-18-2008, 08:51 AM
I agree. It is pretty long. DBZ irritates me, but for some reason, i like bleach! the characters are cute. but its got to stop sometime. its a pretty out-dated script. i think even i could think it up. even blood+ and other anime are similar.

PigFarts
03-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Well, if you keep up with the manga, there DOES seem to be an end in sight. The most recent development does look promising. In Bleach chapters 313 and 314, Aizen and his crew have started their final assault on Karakura Town, so it should end soon enough. Just a few more huge battles, and Kubo Tite will be done! Hope that was satisfactory!

Gjallarhorn
03-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Well, if you keep up with the manga, there DOES seem to be an end in sight. The most recent development does look promising. In Bleach chapters 313 and 314, Aizen and his crew have started their final assault on Karakura Town, so it should end soon enough. Just a few more huge battles, and Kubo Tite will be done! Hope that was satisfactory!

We already knew that. That's what we're refering to when we talk about him dragging it down. That was the first actual plot progression in roughly 50 chapters...

jakun_kenpachi
03-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Personally i have read all the bleach up to 314, and i think that it is nothing like DBZ was. It still has a story line that is running thinner but still is awesome. Normally I would be like "ohs nos!" but bleach is not like the others as long as it remembers it's story line. Oh the kenpachi kendo thing makes sense if you have been using a little logic to see why he got more powerful and why he held back. he said it before when he fought ichigo. "When i fight i make sure to hold back, and do you know why? my enemies are so weak that the battle would not last long enough for me to enjoy it."
Kenpachi wants challenge fighting. Though i am a peaceful person and avoid fighting when ever i can when i do fight i want a challenge out of it because the fight serves no other porous other then my entertainment. So i understand why he holds back, because i give a handicap to people if i think they need it, unless they try a cheap shot then i just get rid of them for being stupid.

Maybe having spirit energy flowing from both arms onto the sword gave kenpachi more energy.

Frost Alchemist
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
it probably will

Twig Ee
03-18-2008, 08:59 PM
This is one those shows like DBZ, Inuyasha, and Naruto. Way over-popularized and practically everyone in the series is mad with power. Much like the series I mentioned in comparison, I haven't been able to keep up with the series because of how expansive it is. All we can do is hope it doesn't become another Inuyasha.

Yeah what they said

Souji Seta
03-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Bleach? Ya it'll end soon so don't worry. I only watch the anime so as far as I know, it's still kinda far behind compared to the manga. I've only watched upto ep. 162 when Ulquiorra beat up Ichigo but a friend of mine already said something bout Ulquiorra releasing (Resureccion) his Zanpakuto which I have yet to see. SO I guess the anime won't be ending for awhile but I think the manga has already reached the climax.

hammy
03-19-2008, 06:29 PM
well.. in the manga there back in the Soul Society in April (dunno the plot though) and there is a NEW captain.. i've also heard that soon he gets his released hollow form.. maybe fighting Aizen.. dunno

Gjallarhorn
03-19-2008, 07:19 PM
well.. in the manga there back in the Soul Society in April (dunno the plot though) and there is a NEW captain.. i've also heard that soon he gets his released hollow form.. maybe fighting Aizen.. dunno

That's not in the manga. That's the plot for the up-coming filler arc in the anime, that will be starting at some point during April. The bad thing is, that it will be splitting the final Ichigo-Grimmjow fight in two, or drastically change it, given the names of the episodes that have been sceduled for the upcoming week.
The new captain and his vice-captain can be seen here (http://www.bleach-fan.jp/amagai/index.html).

hammy
03-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Nice, I didn't know about the filler arc and thanks for correcting my errors <3