PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Emulators

Youko, The Yumei Kitsune
03-15-2008, 03:05 AM
Whats your opinion on them;hate them,love them make ur suggestion even leave a link to your most favorite emulator sites. I just recently downloaded Melee to my crappy laptop, and it is so unbeliveably slow however its still pretty intersting. Leave a post :D

IceBubleFlava
03-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Oh emulaters are awesome. I'm a broke person, so downloading emulaters are an easy way to not spend any. But I really don't like using my keyboard to play games. I still rather buy it for the system b/c of that. But not spending money tops all of that. I've downloaded plenty of games for Gameboy Advance, and Nintendo DS. Oh yeah 64 to but it's kind of glichie, you know what I mean. Yeah I know you know. Anyways I use www.emuparadise.com

DJ Lance Rock
03-15-2008, 09:35 AM
They are pretty good, the only ones that I have ever used alot were the Nintedo64 one and the Gamboy Advanced and I played them for alot of my spare time about 2 years ago. Now I hardly use the I tested a DS Emulator and it was really crap. Overall for the old consoles I think they are pretty good to play those games you played when you are younger but with the technology now it will take ages to make the emulators for all the current consoles.

IceBubleFlava
03-15-2008, 09:41 AM
I really think that the Ds emulater is pretty good actually, yeah it kinda also sucks, b/c it always gliching in custom robo when I was trying to fight. But I've played that new final fantasy game on it. It's cool. The graphics are pretty nice in the op. of the game.

Chaos Proxy
03-15-2008, 10:36 AM
The link you posted doesn't work, IceBubleFlava.

Anyway, on PC there are fully working PSX, N64 and older emulators. PS2 emulator requires a Core 2 Duo / Quad cpu to get decet frame rates.
Most of the games are playable within 15~40 fps range.
There's also a DS emulator on PSP, it works decently, but still has it's long evolution road ahead.
DS emulator on PC is nearly stable with all games. GameCube emulators are dead, the projects have been closed. [The ones avalible are weak and unstable]

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-15-2008, 10:37 AM
That's alright, you shouldn't post links to ROM sites anyway.

Although I figured out your mistake and appreciate the link, ROM-sites are against site policy, etcetera.

Storm Strife
03-15-2008, 12:56 PM
I only use emulators of older consoles, such as the Mega Drive and SNES. I rarely use those actually, I find myself using DOSBox alot as of late. Can't beat a good game of UFO: Enemy Unknown.

qG.Shogun
03-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I always download roms and games for it it saves such much money.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-16-2008, 12:33 PM
I only use emulators of older consoles, such as the Mega Drive and SNES. I rarely use those actually, I find myself using DOSBox alot as of late. Can't beat a good game of UFO: Enemy Unknown.

You play the DOS version? I have a fan-updated cracked CD Windows version... the best part is that it's small enough to fit with no problems on any flash drive, and it doesn't need any registry-voodoo to run so I can play it off the computers at school.

Also, I bought a floppy-disc version at a thrift store, but it only included the first two floppies. Worth for the delicious instruction manual, though.

fairygirl26
03-17-2008, 09:39 AM
H there. Emulators are cool I like them. I got a decent amount and saves you if you can't go out and get a game. i got a lot on my computer to play an enjoy so i think they are cool.

Storm Strife
03-17-2008, 12:53 PM
You play the DOS version? I have a fan-updated cracked CD Windows version... the best part is that it's small enough to fit with no problems on any flash drive, and it doesn't need any registry-voodoo to run so I can play it off the computers at school.

Yeah, I find that using the bog-standard Windows version involves having to mess around with programs to slow down the CPU. With DOSBox, I can put the CPU settings on auto, and turn the percentage down to 40% of max. Slows down the clock to a decent enough speed, and doesn't affect the battlescape one bit.

qG.Shogun
03-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I love them they save me up so much money.:D

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I find that using the bog-standard Windows version involves having to mess around with programs to slow down the CPU. With DOSBox, I can put the CPU settings on auto, and turn the percentage down to 40% of max. Slows down the clock to a decent enough speed, and doesn't affect the battlescape one bit.

I don't know how much fiddling it requires, the version I got was pre-patched, but I'm 99% sure it just requires running a loader. Fixes the timing problems and the sound.

DarkShadow60
03-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I have a couple of emulators a SNES and a NES. the snes is mainly to play Legend of Zelda: parallel worlds which might I add is the coolest. the nes the first final fantasy and star tropics. in short emulators rock!

zorarock
04-08-2008, 08:34 PM
The best thing....Game Shark! I'm addicted to cheating...and codes are easy to put in Copy and paste Lol

LittleMomo
04-08-2008, 08:38 PM
What's so cool about the emulators is that they can be put in other consoles too. My friend has the GBA emulator and plays Fire Emblem games on his PSP :3 I envy him. But anyways, I like how you can put the gameshark codes in the game.

zorarock
04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Ya I got the Debug version of oot on my comuter lol that game is awsome

Legend Saber
04-14-2008, 03:36 AM
While nothing compares to having the actual console in front of you, emulators are a convenient, if illegal, means to play games that can't be acquired any other way.

Though I'm not really talking from experience, as the only emulator I have is a GBA one which I barely even use.

Bananana
04-15-2008, 08:06 PM
i use a bunch of emulators, got one for n64, playstation, gameboy advance, its fun and gives me something to do when im bored, also good for finding those old games where you can no longer find