PDA

View Full Version : Lain wall~Karo-chan

Hautalken
03-13-2008, 11:52 AM
This is my new wall. I thought I'd take some opinions first before submitting it to AW.

I don't know if the abstract-like-thingy at the back of the bubble really fits in. Comments please?

Animousflavista
03-13-2008, 12:10 PM
hmm for me the bubble is okay.. but the abstract bg is a bit distracting.. i dont know..or maybe its just me. can u try blur it a bit?

Mira Kaiba
03-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah, the bubbles are fine for me - I like the way they blend over the extract. But I agree - the smoke like lines in the background are too distracting, maybe they are too dark of a color? You might want to try lightening them so they don't compete with the image. I like the text - nice wall! ^^

wizz-o-matic
03-14-2008, 11:04 AM
that border/glow/thing around Lain is awkward.
Logo doesn't fit with the "so unreal" text, or vice versa.
And bubbles don't give the 3D feeling ... if that's what you wanted.

Hautalken
03-14-2008, 11:07 AM
hmm...
ok i'll get rid of the abstract brush-work and the text since it doesn't fit in and also the outer glow around lain. its barely noticeable though...

Hautalken
03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
i just checked and there's no outer glow around her. i guess the extracts' just that way. i'll see if i can get rid of it.

Hautalken
03-15-2008, 03:53 AM
This is the updated file. I wanted the slight abstract sort of brushes near the bubbles to show some sort of charge when they collide...that's supposed to go with the word "experiments" but i don't think it makes much sense anyway.

wizz-o-matic
03-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Extract still needs some work.

Also, move a bit the Lain logo ... it's kinda too low now, gonna be partially covered by the taskbar. I would also change it's color a bit, maybe a texture-like color would work better, something that'd go with the color of Lain pants, along with a slight transparency.

salar
03-15-2008, 03:35 PM
agree...exctract still needs some works and also about about that lain word being too low...yap its true when i tried on mu desktop....aslo i would suggest using another font for that lain word.....

even with all of these i still like the BG and it gives me a convenient feeling