PDA

View Full Version : KH3 - Disappointment

Tempest Valkura
03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Who else hates the fact that splitting KH's story onto different consoles has become a habit? I mean, why is this necessary? If they want it on different consoles why not format ALL the games for different consoles instead of making it difficult for the financially lacking/sensible to experience all parts of the story? I know that it would be expensive to do so, but Disney can do it. They have a crazy amount of money. If they did, they would get it back and then some. Kingdom Hearts is an amazing series after all. Anybody else agree/disagree?

Hellsing-Rules
03-11-2008, 10:21 PM
ya i think that is dumb is it for the ps3 cuz im goin to be mad im a great fan of the games and that is stuiped....i have a xbox 360 and a ps2 i was waitin for it to come out for ps2!

daft
03-11-2008, 10:58 PM
I love this game! But I'm poor, so yeah. I'm pretty pissed!

Gjallarhorn
03-11-2008, 11:20 PM
First of all, Kingdom Hearts I and II were both on the same consol.

Second, Chain of Memories(GBA) was a "1.5" game. It had no impact on the actual story. It was just there for people who really wanted it, and give them something between I and II.

Third, the 3 new portable games that are coming out are not actually, in any way, important. 358/2 Days(DS) is basically the back story of Roxas, and is pretty much just fan service. It bears no importance in the progression of the story. Birth by Sleep(PSP) is going to be to Kingdom Hearts III what Chain of Memories was to Kingdom Hearts II. It is unimportant to the story, and again, basically just fanservice, and a bit of info for those who really want it. Kingdom Hearts Coded (mobile phones) has no actual purpose, other than to be a phone game for people who like Kingdom Hearts.

Kingdom Hearts III, itself, will be on the PS3. The fact is, it's a new generation now, and there's a new consol. The same happened when PS1 was replaced by the PS2, and any other consol. That's how it has been, and how it will be. Issue is, it's just a bit more expensive this time around.

Also, keep in mind, that SquareEnix, and the Kingdom Hearts team have not stated specifically what consols Kingdom Hearts III will be on. The only one that we know for certain is the PlayStation3. There is still a good chance of a PS2 release, which would probably happen some time after the PS3 release, considering how many people own the PS2 and like Kingdom Hearts, and how many currently on a PS3.

Infinita
03-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I do believe it is a bit unfair for them to suddenly change the console to which the game should be played on. Kingdom Hearts began on PS2, it should continue on PS2. The other few games that are side stories are no problems to really obtain. ^^

Storm Strife
03-13-2008, 03:02 PM
I do believe it is a bit unfair for them to suddenly change the console to which the game should be played on. Kingdom Hearts began on PS2, it should continue on PS2. The other few games that are side stories are no problems to really obtain. ^^

Do you also think we should have kept Final Fantasy on the NES?

shadow slayer x
03-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Well I'm not sure, I think by taking this twist may increase the number of gamers, I'm not sure really myself only time will tell.

Hellsing-Rules
03-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Do you also think we should have kept Final Fantasy on the NES?

where the final fantasy games really on the NES?

Amray
03-14-2008, 11:19 AM
The ones that are not on PS2/PS3 are just side-strories, just like what 'Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core' for PSP is going to be.
Don't worry about it. ^_^

Storm Strife
03-14-2008, 11:42 AM
where the final fantasy games really on the NES?

Yes, Final Fantasy was released on the NES and Famicom, while Final Fantasy 2 and 3 were released on the Famicom. After that, they started releasing on the SNES and Super Famicom, then the Playstation, etc.

Hellsing-Rules
03-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Yes, Final Fantasy was released on the NES and Famicom, while Final Fantasy 2 and 3 were released on the Famicom. After that, they started releasing on the SNES and Super Famicom, then the Playstation, etc.

wat in the world was a Famicom?

jakun_kenpachi
03-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Do you also think we should have kept Final Fantasy on the NES?That is not logical. Each KH game needs the last MAIN one to know what is going on in the new one, but Final Fantasy has new story lines almost every time (bring up X-2 and you should slap yourself HARD!).

The point is You made a very non logical comparison. It is 2 different things entirely.

Storm Strife
03-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Storyline has nothing to do with it. She basicaly stated that the third game should be on the PS2 because the entire series started on the PS2. That is pretty much like saying any series should stay on the system it was originally created. Kingdom Hearts changing systems from PS2 to PS3 will not affect the storyline at all.

As for what a Famicom is, in Japan, the NES was known as the Famicom, short for Family Computer. It had several differences to the NES, such as the Famicom Disk System, the overall look of the system, hardwired controllers (with one featuring a built-in microphone), and no lockout chip.

jakun_kenpachi
03-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Storyline has nothing to do with it. She basicaly stated that the third game should be on the PS2 because the entire series started on the PS2. That is pretty much like saying any series should stay on the system it was originally created. Kingdom Hearts changing systems from PS2 to PS3 will not affect the storyline at all.

As for what a Famicom is, in Japan, the NES was known as the Famicom, short for Family Computer. It had several differences to the NES, such as the Famicom Disk System, the overall look of the system, hardwired controllers (with one featuring a built-in microphone), and no lockout chip.What i was trying to say was that your statement on final fantasy staying on the NES to the statement of KH staying on the ps2, or going to the ps3 are not that great of an example, because the current final fantasy has nothing to do with the number before it, but kh has a ever changing story line so people need to finish it to reach the end.

Setosan
03-15-2008, 05:35 PM
That is not logical. Each KH game needs the last MAIN one to know what is going on in the new one, but Final Fantasy has new story lines almost every time (bring up X-2 and you should slap yourself HARD!).

Not true. You needed to play KH:CoM to understand KH2. But then again, CoM was really good so it didn't matter. Also X-2 was a great game, the story line was eh, but the combat system was incredible.

But rumors have been floating about KH3 being online (after seeing the secret ending, the "Keyblade War" with thousands of keyblades, gee I wonder what that could mean) so it can see an Xbox 360 release, but is very unlikely. All we know is that there might be online, the mysterious guy in the KH2 FInal Mix Secret Trailer is Ansem, and new characters are introduced.

jakun_kenpachi
03-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Not true. You needed to play KH:CoM to understand KH2. But then again, CoM was really good so it didn't matter. Also X-2 was a great game, the story line was eh, but the combat system was incredible.

But rumors have been floating about KH3 being online (after seeing the secret ending, the "Keyblade War" with thousands of keyblades, gee I wonder what that could mean) so it can see an Xbox 360 release, but is very unlikely. All we know is that there might be online, the mysterious guy in the KH2 FInal Mix Secret Trailer is Ansem, and new characters are introduced.You do not NEED to play COM to understand number 2. I still have not played it, but i could put the pieces together of what i needed, COM was not important i think.

Sanosuke23
03-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Chain of Memories was summed up in KH2, each game has closure on its own adventure so continuing is the option of the player, so Resident Evil should have stayed on PSX up to this very day, aaaand it's a new console gen so live with it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go vomit with NERD RAGE at the questions "Final Fantasy was on the NES?" and "What's a Famicom?"

jakun_kenpachi
03-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Chain of Memories was summed up in KH2, each game has closure on its own adventure so continuing is the option of the player, so Resident Evil should have stayed on PSX up to this very day, aaaand it's a new console gen so live with it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go vomit with NERD RAGE at the questions "Final Fantasy was on the NES?" and "What's a Famicom?"May i join you in the vomiting? LOL
NERD RAGE!

kaori_tenshi
03-17-2008, 09:07 AM
AGH! Now I have to waste my money on the PS3...because the Kingdom Hearts series is THAT important to me...plus Soul Calibur 4 comes out on the PS3 so I might as well buy the dammed thing... >__>

Only consoles I own are the PS2 and The Dreamcast! -huggles Dreamcast- I use my dreamcast only for Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.

Ps2- For my Kingdom Heart playing, DDR, Soul Calibur, and Final Fantasy.