PDA

View Full Version : PSP vs. DS

Prion
03-09-2008, 04:17 PM
What do you think, which one is better?

I own a PSP and I'm very happy with it. It has lots of different options. Better graphics (has stronger processor, 300 mz), mature games (not those childish ones-not to offend anyone), more memory (16 GB) and if you buy travel batteries (5 000 mAh), they last for 12 hours of playing. You can browse Internet, watch AVI movies, listen to music and lots of home brew stuff.
You can do almost whatever you want within processors capabilities.

Hell, you can use it as a remote controller for your TV!

Aizmov
03-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I have a DS and I wont ever buy or even think of a PSP. The PSP is heavy, immature (in terms of design and software), lacks a touch screen. The DS and the Wii bring a whole new dimension to gaming. I couldn't care less about graphics, what I care about is fun games

You can browse Internet, watch AVI movies, listen to music and lots of home brew stuff.
You can do almost whatever you want within processors capabilities.

That what all PSP owners do, except playing PSP games. While I do nothing but play games on my DS, that's why I bought it. Not for video, not for music, not for the Internet and not for home-brewing.
Don't tell me "but you can play PS1 games on it", I'd rather play PS1 games on a real console with all buttons. The PSP wont play any of my favorite PS1 games because it lacks R2, R3, L2, L3 and the right analog stick.

Prion
03-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I have a DS and I wont ever buy or even think of a PSP. The PSP is heavy, immature (in terms of design and software), lacks a touch screen. The DS and the Wii bring a whole new dimension to gaming. I couldn't care less about graphics, what I care about is fun games

That what all PSP owners do, except playing PSP games. While I do nothing but play games on my DS, that's why I bought it. Not for video, not for music, not for the Internet and not for home-brewing.
Don't tell me "but you can play PS1 games on it", I'd rather play PS1 games on a real console with all buttons. The PSP wont play any of my favorite PS1 games because it lacks R2, R3, L2, L3 and the right analog stick.

Okay, you're right abou that. R2 and L2 are missing. But with combinations of buttons, you can replace them. What do you need touch screen for anyway? Is it for gaming? Have you ever played a PS game with that? Soon, PSP console will be able to emulate DS (except for touch screen, but I think that touch screen will be replaced with analog stick). And in the end, I didn't say that I do all that, those are just the things that PSP can do.

Aizmov
03-09-2008, 04:47 PM
You see, I know of a lot of PS1 games that required pressing R1, R2, L1 and L2 at the same time, or frequently while using right and left analog stick. How am I supposed to do that with the PSP? Some combinations wont be ever possible.

And the touch screen I use to play all the amazing DS games, the reason I bought the DS. Touch brings a whole new way to playing games. Unlike PSP owners who buy the PSP not for PSP games but for PS1 games, that wont even work properly due to the missing buttons.

Face it, buttons are so 20th century. The future is motion sensing and multitouch.

Check the attach rate for PSP vs DS, you'll find I speak the truth. Most PSP owners use the PSP as either an emulator or a multumedia device, and not as a PSP to play PSP games.

Prion
03-09-2008, 04:55 PM
tho i rock with my duke nukem3D(legend of legends), i do play psp games.wipeout, dnd tactics(omg:)) ect...
there are lot of great games for psp.
try to touch your screen in bumpy bus to college?

Krista Logan
03-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I like the DS because it has the touch screen which I always find somewhat fascinating *.*- it also has good games too like Mario Party, Nintendogs, Cooking MaMa, and a lot more!

Perpetual Specter
03-09-2008, 06:12 PM
I prefer the DS. The PSP as better graphics and things like internet, but as Aizmov said, the DS has the good games. I care about graphics very litle as long as the game's good. When I buy a game console, I expect to be able to play good games, which is what DS provides more so than PSP in my opinion.

StabWound
03-09-2008, 07:05 PM
My PSP is modded so it plays any game form atari to N64, so I pretty much love it. my DS on the other hand has only been played like 5 times in 2 years...

Aizmov
03-09-2008, 08:27 PM
try to touch your screen in bumpy bus to college?

lol Bus :laugh:
I drive to college :)

overwatch
03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
many of the better games on teh DS -whilst supporting touch screen - they can be operated without it. The screen is a bonus feature on many of the top games - something different and simple to use, but not essentail.

I have always thought that with handhelds nintendo has managed to make its own game market - unlike the PSP which is full of ports and copies of PS2 games, the DS makes its own titles and starts.

Daenerys
03-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I like my DS a lot. I just dont like that most of the games I can find for it are really child orientated.

Luckily there's always Cooking Mama!

DarkMoonPrince
03-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I like the DS alot, It has better games than the psp, But the PSP has finally come out with good games, it's a hard choice for me. ;.;

Daenerys
03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
well, the PSP has a smaller screen.

Does that make it easer, DMP?

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-09-2008, 11:30 PM
well, the PSP has a smaller screen.

Shenanigans.

Measuring my Slim PSP and my Sister's DS lite's screens:

Sony PSP: 9.5mm x 6.5mm or 61.75mm˛

DS Lite: 6.2mm x 4.7mm x 2 screens or 58.28mm˛

So DS is still slightly smaller, right?

HOWEVER you almost never look at both screens at once in most games (because they are located about 2-2.5mm from one another, which is annoying), so it's really 29.14mm˛ or half the size of the PSP's screen. And that's ignoring that the PSP's screen gets much higher resolution.

Also, I can play my Slim PSP on my 40x50mm-ish HD TV (with a $15 cable) which is roughly 35x larger then both DS screens combined.

The PSP is heavy
Shenanigans.

I think I've said this, probably even to you, before but the Slim PSP (+ Memory Card + Game) and the DS Lite (+DS game) both weigh exactly the same (≈160g). Moreover, the PSP is even easier to hold on to most of the time, because it features a lanyard hole and you always have two hands on it (vs. the Eagle Claw + Stylus stance preferred by DS users).

I play tons of games on mine. I've probably put more then 300 hours on it since I got it X-Mas, and MAYBE two hours on the Internet tubes using it. I've listened to, say 8-10 hours of music, but that's only when I can't physically play games on it (usually because I am eating at work). I haven't bothered with Homebrew because I want to play games on it, although I have contemplated picking up an older one to mod.

As for the control adaptation, it really varies. The controls for the PSP Star Wars Battlefront are hard to get used to versus the console versions, but Konami had NO problem adapting the MGS3 Controls to the PSP's MGS:PO which defies all logic (The only conceivable gripe I have with them is the "Lean around the Corner/ jump out and shoot" move is either gone or mapped funny. But this is countered by the fact that they fixed the mapping for choke so you can do it easily again).

Also, if you want to inexplicably put a line at the end of your post, the UBB code is:
..which results in:

demonplight
03-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Dude, PSP, and a nice expansion card means you can put your media library onto it. and watch it. just put it into the right format, and bam!
I do own a few games (like 2) so you are right about that. but game play only goes so far... I am not a gamer, I am into multimedia like movies and music, so I tend not to buy limited technologies. because of this the attack rate means little to me.

Prion
03-10-2008, 04:55 AM
quote=Aizmov;1991596]lol Bus :laugh:
I drive to college :)[/quote]

Only spoiled brats find it funny that some students drives by bus (all of us dont live in land of opportunity(usa or...))! yea i see how u think( probably u have like all of consoles and cant decide what to play. u see because i have only psp i understand how good and advanced it is) u see i pity u about that.

thanks to Manhattan 2000 for saying the right thing::

Chaos Proxy
03-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Well I own both, a PSP Slim and DS Lite.

The PSP is clearly much more surperior and has better games, but there are practically no 'fun' games on it, while DS has loads of them.

PSP has all the great games like Monster Hunter Freedom series, Burnout series, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasys and so on - but most of the PSP games are for serious gamers.
Sure you can listen music with it, but only if you don't have a mp3 player.
Watching movies from a tiny screen just doesn't feel right, but the internet is quite cool, you can use it as a portable Msn (with even a webcam!) or just use it as a GPS.

Now the DS is clearly much more fun, but it lacks the titles. I mean there are some great games on it, like Mario Kart DS or WarioWare Touched, but it's nowhere close to the great game library on PSP.
The touch screen is nice, it's awesome to play games like Ace Attorney (favorite DS game series for me) to look for clues around and check things, but in most of the games you can play without touch screen effect and it's more comfortable without it.

PSP is better by graphics, sound, extra-features, games.
DS is better by fun-factor, weight and screen protection.

When your PSP has custom firmware you can play all the SNES, Atari, NES, GBA, N64, GB, PS1, GBC, PSP games with it.
With DS having a flash-card you can play GBA, GB, SNES, DS roms with it.

Overall both are good consoles, but the PSP is better. (I'm sure some Nintendo fans will disagree, most likely because they haven't either played with PSP or they just prefer oldschool Mario adventures or Kirby/Metroid)
If you are looking for fun pick-up games, get a DS / DS Lite.
If you are looking for serious games get a PSP / PSP Slim.

Aizmov
03-10-2008, 05:45 AM
If you are looking for fun pick-up games, get a DS / DS Lite.

Isn't that the whole point of playing games? For fun?
The DS is more fun, using the Stylus and blowing on the Mic is a creative and entertaining way to play games. I play Mario Party DS and the game is a whole lot of fun :D

Only spoiled brats find it funny that some students drives by bus (all of us dont live in land of opportunity(usa or...))!

:laugh: :cool: :D

yea i see how u think( probably u have like all of consoles and cant decide what to play. u see because i have only psp i understand how good and advanced it is) u see i pity u about that.

Got a solution for it? I'm always confused what game to play, I have all consoles obviously, no fanboisim. I play games not consoles, and I wont want to miss on any game so I buy all consoles.

Chaos Proxy
03-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Well, now that's just a point of view, about gaming.
Some people prefer playng games to kill time or just to play something they like - and some people play games for fun.
These are two diffrent things, because top games like WoW, Burnouts, ET, Crysis, Assassins's Creed and so on aren't "fun" games, they are more for serious gamers.
But then again top games like Super Smash Bros, Mario games, Pokémon games are fun games, like pick-up and play.

Japanese people are known for their love for Nintendo, and thanks to that they have bought (and still are buyng) Nintendo consoles like DS and Wii like crazy because they are offering something new.
But then again US and EU people are buyng more Sony and Microsoft console(s) for serious gaming, I'm not sayng DS is selling bad in west or PSP is selling bad in the east, but you get the point.

About the DS microphone, most of the games simply use it for blowing or sayng (rather screaming) Objection! (in Ace Attorney) series.
And most of the people actually don't care about the PSP media functions, they are cool alright but still it's rather meant for gaming.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Isn't that the whole point of playing games? For fun?

He used the wrong word. PSP games are "fun" and PSP games are "whimsical". I've never seen nor heard of a DS game that would give you the deep, lasting sense of satisfaction that you get from capturing a Wyvern in Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Mostly, the DS gives you the cheap sense of satisfaction you get doing it even better then Mama.

The DS is more fun, using the Stylus and blowing on the Mic is a creative and entertaining way to play games. I play Mario Party DS and the game is a whole lot of fun :D

Also...

The DS is more fun, using the Stylus and blowing on the Mic is a creative and entertaining way to play MINI games. I play Mario Party DS and the game is a whole lot of fun :D

Corrected.

Datenshi
03-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Being somewhat of a philistine, I had nothing but contempt for Nintendo DS until I saw this.

http://www.dokimajo.com/english/top.html

Nintendo, you have my deepest respect.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Being somewhat of a philistine, I had nothing but contempt for Nintendo DS until I saw this.

http://www.dokimajo.com/english/top.html

Nintendo, you have my deepest respect.

My approval for that game depends entirely on whether or not the player character has tentacles.

Also, Nintendo has no approval process, hence Nintendo is in no way responsible for the game. This is why 9/10ths of the DS's library is Barbie Horse Adventure and the like.

x-FaTMaN-x
03-10-2008, 11:19 AM
They both sucks *** go get samething else they ****ing suck and you ****ing suck.:banghead:

Amray
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM
^^^^^^ I think that he may have some real big bug up his backside, or maybe some Males have 'that time of the month too'.

Anyway back on Topic the PSP!!!! ^_^
They can store Music, have amazing Graphics and games and also you can store loads of Images on them. Can you have Hentai on a DS? No, I did not think so!! XD

I can understand people saying that they prefer the DS to the PSP, but to say that it is better is just wrong, because, put plainly, it isn't. Although they do have good games, and I get addicted to them sometimes so..

But anyway that is just my opinionated answer.

IchigoKiss
03-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Well I have 2 nintendos Ds and a PSP

They have such big differences :rolleyes: A DS has a mic, touch screen and dual screen. A PSP is just another playstation BUT portable [ Y A Y :laugh: ] and you can listen to music, store images and loads more.

But I do use my DS more than my PSP ==;;

Aizmov
03-10-2008, 12:51 PM
He used the wrong word. PSP games are "fun" and PSP games are "whimsical". I've never seen nor heard of a DS game that would give you the deep, lasting sense of satisfaction that you get from capturing a Wyvern in Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Mostly, the DS gives you the cheap sense of satisfaction you get doing it even better then Mama.

Also...

Corrected.

You know you can't correct opinions, everyone has an opinion. The DS is what a handheld should be, for fun, for something lightweight and entertaining.
The PSP is really nothing but a portable PS1.5, and you can go and check the attach rate for the PSP vs DS. Very low attach rate for the PSP, that is very few games are sold vs the number of PSPs sold, because most people use it as a portable emulator and multimedia device! Some even install OSes like Windows and Linux on it!!!
The PSP is a powerful platform, but it isn't what a handheld should be. The DS has loads of good games, there are plenty of JRPGs and platformers, and a lot of them make use of the stylus and mic. Plus the huge amount of fun, multiplayer party games, or as you might call them minigames :)
We can agree on one thing, that is to disagree :laugh:

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Graphics don't make a good game system. They certainly help, but it's just not the determining factor.

DS all the way. I do nothing but play games on the thing, which is exactly what I bought it for. As previously stated, I'd prefer to play my PS1 games on my PS1, instead of having to get used to another control scheme.

P.S. The PSP analog stick sucks.

EDIT: Uh, I don't think one would expect to have full length, deep storyline RPG's when you buy a handheld. Even then so, the DS still has some that are really good.

Hellsing-Rules
03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
i think psp is way better u got more choses and its has alot more fun games but i do have a ds to i do like both of them

Chaos Proxy
03-10-2008, 01:17 PM
If you are talking about jRPG's then please recheck your information. PSP is often called "the rpg console" / "the jrpg console" around forums. o_o

About the game numbers, some PSP games are actually performing better than most of the DS hit titles are. Games like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Burnout Legends and now the just released God Of War are selling like hot cakes, the Monster Hunter is practically known as much a Mario in Japan. ;]
And only about 4~9% of PSP owners actually use custom softwares to pirate games, on DS it's smaller (about 2~4%) who use flash cards.

DS multiplayer games? Only games what I played what had a nice multiplayer/online were Mario Kart DS and Pokémon Diamond, only very few games actually make use of the microphone and most of the games are easier to play without stylus.

About installing OS on PSP, it's impossible. They have got Windows 95 to boot up and even work for few minutes but then it just freezes, it's a dead project. : (
The rest of them are just styles. (You can fully customize your PSP).

But yeah, the weight can be a factor for a handheld console player who takes his console around (like shcool, work or just free time) but most of the players just keep the console in their home and play with it over there.

Though the PSP Slim feels nearly the same as DS phat, so it isn't that big.

Aizmov
03-10-2008, 01:45 PM
If you are talking about jRPG's then please recheck your information. PSP is often called "the rpg console" / "the jrpg console" around forums. o_o

The DS has loads of jRPGs! Where have you been? Go check 'em out.
http://www.ds-rpg.com/prelaunch/

About the game numbers, some PSP games are actually performing better than most of the DS hit titles are. Games like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Burnout Legends and now the just released God Of War are selling like hot cakes, the Monster Hunter is practically known as much a Mario in Japan. ;]
And only about 4~9% of PSP owners actually use custom softwares to pirate games, on DS it's smaller (about 2~4%) who use flash cards.

Explain the low attach rate for the PSP.

DS multiplayer games? Only games what I played what had a nice multiplayer/online were Mario Kart DS and Pokémon Diamond, only very few games actually make use of the microphone and most of the games are easier to play without stylus.

There are loads of multiplayer games, forgot about Mario Party DS?

Chaos Proxy
03-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Mario Party DS had no online multiplayer, and it really isn't fun to sit together with people in the same room playng the same game.
It's much more better online, can't give you the full details why (it would be long) but you'll get the point. : D

Check out the PSP rpg list (kinda old but you'll see) : Clicky (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=rpg&thread.id=351648&view=by_date_ascending&page=1)

I'm unable to check out the DS site you posted, "Loading" stays stuck at the middle. :/

Hm, about the RPG's on DS.
I played a few and well .. in my honest opinion there weren't any games to match up *any* PSP rpg title. o_o
The 2D models in a 3D-like world just .. feels so GBA. (Golden Sun? <3)
FF3 was the only normal RPG I played, but the animations were below average, graphics looked nice for DS.

Aizmov
03-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Mario Party DS had no online multiplayer, and it really isn't fun to sit together with people in the same room playng the same game.
It's much more better online, can't give you the full details why (it would be long) but you'll get the point. : D

Check out the PSP rpg list (kinda old but you'll see) : Clicky (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=rpg&thread.id=351648&view=by_date_ascending&page=1)

I'm unable to check out the DS site you posted, "Loading" stays stuck at the middle. :/

Hm, about the RPG's on DS.
I played a few and well .. in my honest opinion there weren't any games to match up *any* PSP rpg title. o_o
The 2D models in a 3D-like world just .. feels so GBA. (Golden Sun? <3)
FF3 was the only normal RPG I played, but the animations were below average, graphics looked nice for DS.

All the JRPGs on the PSP are rehashes, nothing new :)
Nearly all what's on the list I played on either the NES, SNES, PS1 or PS2. :)

And I don't care about graphics, that why a lot of my most favorite games are on the NES and SNES.

The DS has a nice list, Click (http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&category=Role-Playing&platform=1026&mode=all&sort=views&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc)!

Amray
03-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Graphics does not bother me either. 2D fighters are the best games ever made.

PSP's are so Black and Sexy. ~<3

Chaos Proxy
03-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Uh, haven't you heard these names in the past : Pokémon series (it's a real money cow since Red / Blue), Mario and Luigi games? Digimon games? Megaman Networks? Mana series? Xenosaga? Dragon Quests?

Most of these aren't maybe rehases, but most of them are 90% the same from gameplay.
They are just like some re-mastered versions like PSP has, they have edited the graphics and added cut-scenes.
And did you notice that about half of the DS games were TBA Japan only? =o

Sure PSP has SOME remastered hits like some Tales Of games or Final Fantasys, but there are also some new ones, Final Fantasy Crisis Core / Tales Of The World.
And if you would compare rehashes for PSP vs rehashes for DS you'll get pretty mutch the same number or so.
On PSP there are more unique and new ones, while DS is getting another continuation of some old RPG. (Which is nice, I hope there will be Golden Sun 3 on DS)

Prion
03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
all i wont to say that psp is all about choices. u can do almost everything!
only negative side in psp is battery(but like i said use the backup battery).
the thing is u can do so much on it.

and yes i agree psp is rpg console( jeanne d"arc, dnd tactics valhalla knights.ect
only game that i want to play on ds is mage knight(can help it im a mage knight freak):)

Dryaxx
03-10-2008, 04:40 PM
i have both xD

psp are better graphics but ds have funnier games xD

IceBubleFlava
03-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Yo, personally I have neither, my cousin has a DS Lite, and the only game I actually play on it is Super Mario Bros. i prefer the PSP though, each much more cooler. Better games. (Fav. kind of games RACING.) Mainly that's why I say better games. Better graphics. RPG games like final Fantasy. Plus it's like a multimedia player, with internet, music, and video. That's just trill homie. :D
OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!! PSP Rules. I can't wait till' I get one.
DS is not all that good, even though it has a touch screen, and all that. They don't have any cool game on the system that I really want to play. Ya' know. It may be introducing some type of new technology, and opening pathways or whatever, it isn't still all that good.

x0xfaizax0x
03-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Well,i got a d.s lite and a psp i have to say psp is a good machine but the games are really rubish so im thinking of selling mine

Prion
03-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Yo, personally I have neither, my cousin has a DS Lite, and the only game I actually play on it is Super Mario Bros. i prefer the PSP though, each much more cooler. Better games. (Fav. kind of games RACING.) Mainly that's why I say better games. Better graphics. RPG games like final Fantasy. Plus it's like a multimedia player, with internet, music, and video. That's just trill homie. :D
OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!! PSP Rules. I can't wait till' I get one.
DS is not all that good, even though it has a touch screen, and all that. They don't have any cool game on the system that I really want to play. Ya' know. It may be introducing some type of new technology, and opening pathways or whatever, it isn't still all that good.

one more for psp victory:p. we are doing history guys/girls.go psp

Zanethose
03-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Well,i got a d.s lite and a psp i have to say psp is a good machine but the games are really rubish so im thinking of selling mine

God of War: Chains of Olympus may be one of the best handheld games Ive ever played. The graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is smooth, control scheme is great. While it may not be quite as difficult as the other God of War games, it still provides for a good time of gameplay.

Killzone Liberation, while being a release title, still holds a nice solid place as one of the better games on PSP. Its a solid shooter, and while it may not be first person, it make the transition simple yet incredibly addictive. Online play is great too. One of if not the best online PSP game and one of the best single player games for PSP.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Portable Ops Plus are by far the two best Metal Gear handheld games ever made. Single player is amazing in the original MPO, controls are simple enough and graphics are great. Cutscenes look freakin fantastic too. MPO+ is the only game up there with Killzone for online.

Patapon maybe one of the most enjoyable games Ive played in a while. Controls are incredibly simple, the game isnt hard, at all, making it enjoyable and easy to pick up and it is just overall fun.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions may be a port with some extra stuff thrown in, but if you dont run of CFW and can just rip your old FFT disc onto your PSP's memory stick, then this game will do more than satisfy you. Its the same game with just enough differences to make a fan of the old game pop it in and run all the way through just to check everything out, especially the cutscenes.

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness is yet another port that satisfies beyond desire, especially considering that anybody who has played a Nippon Ichi game knows that it is capable of being run on the PSP but sense you cant rip PS2 games to put on your memory stick, this game does a more than good job at qualifying for a good game.

And lastbut not least, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. The english version may not come out until toward the end of the month, but if you have played the japanese version, then you know that the english version will be more than worth the wait. The game is seriously fantastic and may be the only Final Fantasy game other than Tactics to rival VII, in my opinion.

Im sure I can think of plenty of other good PSP games if you really want me to. Dont always trust ratings for games. Heck, Halo3 got almost perfect scores from nearly every game magazine and show I can think of, and about 3 months later several of them came back and started stating the things that make Halo3 not so great.

And incase you couldnt tell, PSP is my definent choice. Running on custom firmware you can do basically anything you want with the thing, short of using it to make a smoothie for you buddy or using it as a pistol or something. Seriously, you can rip PSX games, use homebrew, you can even decide how fast your PSP runs. Even with official firmware you can surf the internet, listen to music, watch videos, view photos, and on top of all of that, play games either by yourself or online. I dont see the DS holding half of those features. And thats just stating what it can do, doesnt mention screen size (which has already been stated) controller setup and comfort or battery life or anyting else like that. Gotta go with the PSP.

demonplight
03-10-2008, 08:23 PM
quote=Aizmov;1991596]lol Bus :laugh:
I drive to college :)

Only spoiled brats find it funny that some students drives by bus (all of us dont live in land of opportunity(usa or...))! yea i see how u think( probably u have like all of consoles and cant decide what to play. u see because i have only psp i understand how good and advanced it is) u see i pity u about that.

thanks to Manhattan 2000 for saying the right thing::[/quote]
I drive to school, and I don't think anything about it, in fact I have no choice. I wish I lived in a country that had a good transit system. your lucky. and as for the land of opportunity, well opportunity ain't cheap my friend.

Aizmov
03-10-2008, 08:34 PM
I drive to school, and I don't think anything about it, in fact I have no choice. I wish I lived in a country that had a good transit system. your lucky. and as for the land of opportunity, well opportunity ain't cheap my friend.

Wish alone. I wont get on public transport. Unless they have classes like in planes and trains.

gaburieru
03-11-2008, 02:10 AM
Here goes!

I don't own any of the consoles but I would prefer the PSP. Well I love nintendo games overall, but not the new ones for the DS. The PSP can be "hacked" so that you can install various software. NES/SNES/GBA/ emulators for example. So I basically get the PSP to play classic Nintendo-games.

The inbuilt mediplayer is not that bad either =)

Heil Nintendo! **** the DS...

Hunny~Kun
03-11-2008, 02:41 AM
I'm using my psp right now for internet so I have to say PSP.

Prion
03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
HEY GUYS GOT good news!
on the isohunt(the biggest dl site) psp dowloads( games,emulators,ect) are on 6th place. yo some downloads have 1500 seeders and over 2200 L...

so where are ds clients ( playing in elementary sch.) . emulate this(or touch it with stylus). hahahahahhahahaahhahahahhaahaaaaaa

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Graphics does not bother me either. 2D fighters are the best games ever made.Megaman Zero ftw

CancerianLove626
03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
I love my Nintendo DS more than anything :)
Nintendo all the way.

Gizoku
03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
DS. I bought the PSP for the great portable games. Unfortountaly, there arent many out that I would play...and the ones I would play are hard to obtain when you have a video game hating father.

Sanosuke23
03-11-2008, 09:14 PM
God, you fanboys and your rabies annoy me.

I have the old, fat versions of both, and while I use my PSP more(posting on it now), I am incapable of playing a game on it for an entire day. On the other hand, I can whip out my DS and when I look up it's tomorrow.

Not to say I don't love Monster Hunter and Tag Force 2, but in much smaller doses than Phantom Hourglass or Pokemon Pearl. Gamewise, neither one is "better" in my opinion, though.

And o noez rehashes! If they're fun, who cares? Damn...

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-11-2008, 10:56 PM
And o noez rehashes! If they're fun, who cares? Damn...Seriously. FFT is great, now that it's been retranslated to make sense, and what not. And I've beat that game plenty of times on the PSX.

sataned
03-11-2008, 11:28 PM
DS owns for sure peeps... not only cuz it has POKEMON! and tons of other fun *** games.... but.. well.. PSP just sucks... i owned it a psp for like 4 days then got rid of it...

Chaos Proxy
03-12-2008, 04:59 AM
DS owns for sure peeps... not only cuz it has POKEMON! and tons of other fun *** games.... but.. well.. PSP just sucks... i owned it a psp for like 4 days then got rid of it...

Wow, whole 4 days and then you already got rid of it. :eek:
How many games did you test? 2? Or maybe only 1, because you didn't know about custom firmwares/homebrew.

Either way DS has it's good points sure, but it's nowhere near to PSP.
Though I wish PSP lcd screen wouldn't get so easely scratched.

EDIT : Code Geass is coming for PSP! Click. (http://pspupdates.qj.net/Code-Geass-Lost-Colors-trailer-Japanese-TV-ad/pg/49/aid/115677)

sataned
03-12-2008, 05:26 AM
Wow, whole 4 days and then you already got rid of it. :eek:
How many games did you test? 2? Or maybe only 1, because you didn't know about custom firmwares/homebrew.

Either way DS has it's good points sure, but it's nowhere near to PSP.
Though I wish PSP lcd screen wouldn't get so easely scratched.

lol man.. yeh i played a game.. i dont remember the name of it it was weird though and trippy i liked it (a buddy of mine imports psp games from his comp. onto his handheld idk if this is wot u mean by the firmware/hombrew stuff.. idk i didnt get into it much..)
BUT I also checked out some videos on it
and i even had Super Nintendo games,music on my PsP .. It was just boring over all though...
the DS on the other hand can keep me entertained for hours and i think its all because of the touch screen thingy...

PS: alot of the PSP game Screens look cheap.... i mean seriously who the hell wants to play games with graphics equivalent to Playstation 1 games(probably a little bit better)on a tiny screen? im not saying the DS is better graphic wise.. but wot it lacks in graphics it makes up in the Game play.. sort of... kinduh like the Wii

but idk.. theres always gonna be those of you who WILL LOVE EVERYTHING! PLAYSTATION
http://cache.kotaku.com/gaming/images/jess_psp.jpg

Chaos Proxy
03-12-2008, 05:58 AM
PSP screen is 480×272, while DS screen (main) is 256 x 192 x 2 (lower one is rarely NEEDED).

So it isn't tiny, it's perfect for handheld console. 16:9 ratio is exellent for movies/games.

Just to inform you about the games..here's a small comparison of games.

Burnout Dominator on PSP sysem.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BpUQGHRuglQ&feature=related

Burnout Legends on DS system.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DHOyrUtPopo

Bleach game on PSP system.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tEqrmYnK2Tk

Bleach game on DS system.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oX8_P2WrKmE&feature=related

I could go with every genre, with any game type.
The only reason why DS is selling alot is because of the "new" touch screen, what is useless in most of the games.

sataned
03-12-2008, 08:09 AM
dude your just comparing 2 games..
from the pile of the few games that dont use the bottom screen on the DS...
and like i said... the DS isnt better graphic wise,and what it lacks graphically it makes up for it with some very entertaining gameplay ,, like in wario ware Touched ,Brain age ,Elite Beat Agents.... are examples of pure entertainment

what does the PsP have to make up for its poor quality??
movies?(you probably have a huge Tv sitting in everyroom of your house+a dvd player. ytf do you need to be watching movies ona tiny tiny screen...) music?(you probably already own an ipod or 2 or a zune or some cheap mp3 player u can get for like 20 bucks or a cd player or a tape player!) pics?(now thats just stupid)

but hey w/e.. what do i know huh ;)

PS: NO PS!!! IM DONE!

Aizmov
03-12-2008, 08:24 AM
HEY GUYS GOT good news!
on the isohunt(the biggest dl site) psp dowloads( games,emulators,ect) are on 6th place. yo some downloads have 1500 seeders and over 2200 L...

so where are ds clients ( playing in elementary sch.) . emulate this(or touch it with stylus). hahahahahhahahaahhahahahhaahaaaaaa

You are proving my point against the PSP, most people download emulators and stuff on it, versus actually buying PSP games. Sony isn't happy about software sales for the PSP :)

I'm using my psp right now for internet so I have to say PSP.

So you don't play games on your PSP.. :laugh:

Dryaxx
03-12-2008, 09:38 AM
games will always have the best graphics on PSP <3 xD

Chaos Proxy
03-12-2008, 11:16 AM
and like i said... the DS isnt better graphic wise,and what it lacks graphically it makes up for it with some very entertaining gameplay ,, like in wario ware Touched ,Brain age ,Elite Beat Agents.... are examples of pure entertainment

movies?(you probably have a huge Tv sitting in everyroom of your house+a dvd player. ytf do you need to be watching movies ona tiny tiny screen...) music?(you probably already own an ipod or 2 or a zune or some cheap mp3 player u can get for like 20 bucks or a cd player or a tape player!) pics?(now thats just stupid)

PS: NO PS!!! IM DONE!

I don't think I'm overreacting when I'm sayng you're quite ignorant fanboy. =_=
I compared two random games and as I said earlier I could post comparisons about every game genre, but then my post would take up a whole page. I beleive you know how to use Youtube.

I agree there are some entertaining games on Nintendo DS, but there are very few deep and serious games.
But then again, how many of them are really entertaining? I beleive that number will stay between 15~25 games.

Since when PSP is "poor quality", it's twice better than DS by sound, picture, hardware, design, games and possibilites.
There is no "poor quality" in PSP. There might be some games what are pure trash, but that's about it. [You can't deny that DS don't have that kind of games]

Movies = you put a movie on a memory stick or you can use UMD to watch em, it looks the same as watching a HD movie on a HD Ready TV.
Yes - they look that good.

Did you know that you can watch movies with DS also? But the sound quality and screen size isn't really appealing.

Music = if you don't have a portable mp3 player it's perfectly fine, because you can listen the music without headphones - that's something you can't do on a regular iPod / mp3 player.

Did you know you can listen music with DS too? But the sound quality (again) just doesn't feel right.

You forgot to mention GPS, webcam, internet. And of course you can use it as a small external hdd if you have 8/16gb memory stick.
If you or anyone else still wants, I could make a big game comparison, and sure I'll note what DS games actually use stylus.

Dryaxx
03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Chaos Proxy

True, so true

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-12-2008, 11:48 AM

PS: NO PS!!! IM DONE!Gamewise, PSP and the DS are in the same boat: For every 200 games, there's maybe one or two good ones that are worth buying. PSP has some really good games that have a real WOW factor to them, and Burnout comes to mind. I've played it, and it ran SURPRISINGLY smooth with high quality, other than some graphical hiccups whenever the song changed.

And I really liked Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS, and would like to see a lot of those kind of shooters in the future. I honestly think that games like those would work better on the DS than the PSP. Frankly, I won't buy either of them since I have a 360 and no need for a handheld.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-12-2008, 03:59 PM
And I really liked Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS, and would like to see a lot of those kind of shooters in the future. I honestly think that games like those would work better on the DS than the PSP. Frankly, I won't buy either of them since I have a 360 and no need for a handheld.[/COLOR]
MGS:PO is a really good example of how a 3rd/1st person shooter can work really well on the PSP, and the shooter genre more then any other is graphic-heavy. Nintendo can make difficult things work on their consoles, but no one else ever seems to manage it.

Prion
03-12-2008, 05:17 PM
[quote=Aizmov;1993269]You are proving my point against the PSP, most people download emulators and stuff on it, versus actually buying PSP games. Sony isn't happy about software sales for the PSP =quote]

if u remember i said which console is better.

i dont care about buying new games( have some platinum,thats enough).

u see. the fact that lots of people play iso/cso games( like all of your pc games are original) says that people loves psp but cant or wont buy original games.

and the fact still remains that psp home brew community is lot bigger!

people all over the world are united under single banner the PsP!
word

Prion
03-12-2008, 05:40 PM
P.S. Chaos Proxy is a shining beacon of psp community!!!
yea

sataned
03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
I don't think I'm overreacting when I'm sayng you're quite ignorant fanboy. =_=
I compared two random games and as I said earlier I could post comparisons about every game genre, but then my post would take up a whole page. I beleive you know how to use Youtube.

I agree there are some entertaining games on Nintendo DS, but there are very few deep and serious games.
But then again, how many of them are really entertaining? I beleive that number will stay between 15~25 games.

Since when PSP is "poor quality", it's twice better than DS by sound, picture, hardware, design, games and possibilites.
There is no "poor quality" in PSP. There might be some games what are pure trash, but that's about it. [You can't deny that DS don't have that kind of games]

Movies = you put a movie on a memory stick or you can use UMD to watch em, it looks the same as watching a HD movie on a HD Ready TV.
Yes - they look that good.

Did you know that you can watch movies with DS also? But the sound quality and screen size isn't really appealing.

Music = if you don't have a portable mp3 player it's perfectly fine, because you can listen the music without headphones - that's something you can't do on a regular iPod / mp3 player.

Did you know you can listen music with DS too? But the sound quality (again) just doesn't feel right.

You forgot to mention GPS, webcam, internet. And of course you can use it as a small external hdd if you have 8/16gb memory stick.
If you or anyone else still wants, I could make a big game comparison, and sure I'll note what DS games actually use stylus.

your a funny little man...but yeh..
ok EACH handheld has its good games and its bad...
but when it comes to features i guess you can say the PSP is better but honestly dude your still forgetting this little thing called GAME PLAY!!!!
yeh you just poke at a screen on the DS but hey it beats the good ol fashion button mashing anyday...
but W/E

PS: I LOVE THE PS3!!! psp can burn in hell

Binky
03-12-2008, 06:39 PM
I have both.
But my DS gets by far more use.
I prefer it to the PSP.
The graphics might not compare to that of the PSP but they aint half bad.
The gaming quality is just as good if not better :]
And it has a touch screen

I vote DS. :)

Sanosuke23
03-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Prius: Yes! Lets use piracy as a pro and not a con for the system! Who cares if that's primarily what's hurting the PSP? I CAN BUY A SONY SYSTEM TO PLAY PIRATED NINTENDO GAMES!

Really, if you don't see why that's a bad thing to mention about a system I just can't help you.

Chaos Proxy
03-13-2008, 08:11 AM
your a funny little man...but yeh..
ok EACH handheld has its good games and its bad...
but when it comes to features i guess you can say the PSP is better but honestly dude your still forgetting this little thing called GAME PLAY!!!!
yeh you just poke at a screen on the DS but hey it beats the good ol fashion button mashing anyday...
but W/E

PS: I LOVE THE PS3!!! psp can burn in hell

Oh and now I'm a "funny little man" because I stated the obivious and facts, while you bash the PSP? :mellow:
How do you know about the gameplay on PSP when you tried only one game? You're not being logical here.

[And why would anyone care about your love for Playstation 3 on a "PSP vs DS" thread?]

Prion
03-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Prius: Yes! Lets use piracy as a pro and not a con for the system! Who cares if that's primarily what's hurting the PSP? I CAN BUY A SONY SYSTEM TO PLAY PIRATED NINTENDO GAMES!

Really, if you don't see why that's a bad thing to mention about a system I just can't help you.

lets see! i think i has to do something fact that in my country new psp games cost 1/10 (80$) of average pay. and the fact that iam a student does not help a bit

i buy platinum games whenever i can!:rolleyes:

Aizmov
03-13-2008, 12:21 PM

sums up my whole opinion :)

Chaos Proxy
03-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Well then you're talking like Nintendo wouldn't have piracy.
Just because the % is lower who use flash cards like R4 or M3 doesn't mean they don't exist.

And Nintendo IS worried about piracy. Why? Because most of the China DS owners use R4 because it's avalible nearly anywhere over there.
It's widely popular in the states aswell.

Nintendo resisting urge to smash 'R4' device (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/26/nintendo-resisting-urge-to-smash-ds-mod-chip/)

The R4 chip is only small - but it looks like a giant pirate to Nintendo (http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/gadgets_and_gaming/article2933237.ece)

Nintendo has an eye on R4 (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=88316)

— In September 2006, a US Court ordered French company Divineo SARL to pay $9 million for selling modification chips similar to the R4.

Khanxay
03-13-2008, 12:50 PM
HEY GUYS GOT good news!

^
I think it's sad when you have to emulate PSP homebrew on you computer.

With this this talk, I swear PSP is looking a lot like the iPhone. It's just missing the phone part. (PlayStation Phone???) And I honestly think the argument looks exactly like the PS3 VS XBOX 360 (Minus pirating and homebrew)

That's all.

Chaos Proxy
03-13-2008, 12:54 PM
You can make calls with PSP, didn't you know? They have Skype support for months now.
[iPhones are overrated!~]
But yeah, all console wars threads do look similar. o_o

Prion
03-13-2008, 04:21 PM
^
I think it's sad when you have to emulate PSP homebrew on you computer.

With this this talk, I swear PSP is looking a lot like the iPhone. It's just missing the phone part. (PlayStation Phone???) And I honestly think the argument looks exactly like the PS3 VS XBOX 360 (Minus pirating and homebrew)

That's all.

No u got it all wrong. what i wanted to say is that lots of people dowload stuff for psp. so u can put lots of stuff on it(8/16gb) + there is no emulator for psp(for pc, i think)

narunaru
03-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I like my PSP because I can download and watch Naruto Shippuden and Bleach episodes on it. I like my DS, though, because of its unique control scheme.

CancerianLove626
03-13-2008, 07:55 PM
I don't really care about statistics.
I'm a loyal Nintendo worshiper :D

rf switch
03-13-2008, 08:56 PM
PSP for me. Because it DOESN'T have Pokemon. It has Patapon.

But seriously. It's PSP for me. I have both and the games on the PSP just appeal to me more.

Souhi
03-13-2008, 09:26 PM
I like the PSP for the many things it has the capability to do, but as a gaming device, homebrew aside, I personally can't think of more than 2-3 games that look like much fun on the thing. I have my mp3 player for both music, videos and pictures, so if lacks in the one place I'd actually use it for. Obviously it does have a big edge in terms of graphics, and I won't even touch the whole "nothing but ports!" thing. I don't know enough about it.

The DS is rather simplistic in comparison. I borrowed my friend's and I enjoyed every minute of it, but that's just my taste in games. Yeah many of the games cater to a younger audience, whoop dee doo. I hate that argument used to bash the thing. If you're not into the first party stuff like Mario, Metroid, Pokemon etc, then you wouldn't like Nintendo in the first place.

(PlayStation Phone???)

Mock up,away! (http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/17/debunk-revenge-of-stuffs-sony-ericsson-psphone-mockup/)

itachi700
03-17-2008, 02:08 PM
i'am with DS becouse its a lot of fun

kaori_tenshi
03-17-2008, 02:16 PM
I know the PSP has a ton of features and all, but the DS is my favorite -huggles DS-

Though, the PSP is pretty cool, I must say xD

But...I need meh pokemon D&P.
soooo addicting. xD