PDA

View Full Version : Vash the Stampede

Infamous Riu Hiri
03-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Why isn't Trigun a space anime since he did come from space and is now on Earth?

Ball Tripper
03-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Trigun doesn't take place on earth.

Ollie
03-08-2008, 08:09 PM
You can discuss it here if you want.

Datenshi
03-10-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm pretty sure it isn't set on Earth... unless it goes all Planet of the Apes on us at the end.

It's hard to pin a genre on Trigun because the style of the story shifts very significantly later in the series (from Western gunfights to spaceship fleets).

chappie1989
03-12-2008, 03:24 AM
Why do you think this anime is set on earth?
There is a whole episode explaining Rem and the human race to us. That they left earth because it was polluted (or something like that)and tried to migrate to an inhabital planet.
Vash and Knives are not human despite looking very human. They are of the same race as the beings/creatures in the Plants. One of the crew wanted to kill Knives and Vash when they were still in a stage like when a baby is in a mothers womb. But Rem stops the crew from killing them. Or something like that.

Ball Tripper
03-25-2008, 01:10 PM
That was quite the spoiler.

The Monarch
03-28-2008, 01:55 AM
VS's story line is placed on Earth. <_<

Renegade of Life
04-09-2008, 07:17 PM
It does give the impression of a planet of the apes scenario that evolved humans again, and Vash is like a relic of the previous time along with the plants.

Though that was a nice spoiler, I haven't seen beyond episode 15 yet. I'm not too into the series, so it isn't really serious.

Digital Dragon
04-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I have never seen the episodes in the proper order and not more than a dozen of them. The setting appears to be an Earthlike colony, not Earth, mainly because a lot of the areas are wide open, something you don't find on Earth anymore and the time period seems to be the future.