PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Games

IceBubleFlava
03-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Well all or most of you know that video games or japanese concept games usually come out japan before it comes to AMerica. Welll America has to bye it first. Well I wondered if any of you order games in japanese, that come with instructions that direct to go to the right area. Cuz' u really can't understand or read Japanese. I played Naruto clash of ninja 4, it has a lot of characters and it's more fun.
I lost the website to order japanese games ssooo do any of you know what website you can find it on. List the websites. I'll bet someone has an interest in this. Plus show ur experiences playing them.

CroSsplay!
03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
i played Phinix wright on DS in jap it was really hard :( conidering how the story is all about reading lol.

rf switch
03-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Most of my Dreamcast games are Japanese. I have a few Japanese PS1 and Saturn games. I used to have a couple Mega Drive and Super Famicom games for my Genesis and SNES back when those systems were the current thing. I have some Japanese Neo-Geo AES games. And all the games I have for my NEC PC-FX are Japanese since that was a Japan only system.

I stay away from text heavy games like RPG's. But most action games, fighting games, shmups and the like are very playable with no knowledge of Japanese.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-03-2008, 10:35 PM
www.gamefaqs.com <- Is a decent source for Moon Speak to English instructions.

Metronome
03-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I have Naruto Shippuuden: Narutimate Accel 1 and 2 as well as 3 JP bleach games. Gamefaqs usually has fan walkthroughs for the games so it makes it easier if you can't fully read Japanese...or at all if you're not the least bit fluent. I also have a ton of JP H-games like Kanon Shuffle! Air and Popotan. I prefer the voice acting and if you can read it why not, if you can't well the internet has a walkthrough for everything so it proves a good learning experience. Also you get to play games we won't see in the U.S. for a very long time if ever.

IceBubleFlava
03-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Most of my Dreamcast games are Japanese. I have a few Japanese PS1 and Saturn games. I used to have a couple Mega Drive and Super Famicom games for my Genesis and SNES back when those systems were the current thing. I have some Japanese Neo-Geo AES games. And all the games I have for my NEC PC-FX are Japanese since that was a Japan only system.

I stay away from text heavy games like RPG's. But most action games, fighting games, shmups and the like are very playable with no knowledge of Japanese.

Yo How could you read it. I would be clueless looking at the words. I'll probably just go with the flow, which might get me nowhere. Cool bout the neo geo, my friends haven't ever heard bout it. Their clueless. I'm looking forward to buying one.

Tsen Yuki: Cool i've never heard of those games. I luv jap BLEACH Games. :)

CroSsplay!: It's hard, you should've thought twice fore' buying it. IF only we all knew JAP. (I want to take a JAP. Class but theirs no use for it in the southeast, plus they dion't even bother teaching it.)

Metronome
03-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Indeed I like the JP Bleach games way more than "Shattered Blade" for Wii. Also one is an RPG though it's a bit generic =p. I can navigate my way around most JP games though I know only a fair amount of hiragana katakana and kanji. It's more of a guessing game sometimes but for fighting games it's really easy once you experiment. Also like I said gamefaq's has fan made walkthroughs for pretty much every game in english so it proves to be a humongous help if you have no idea wtf to do.

rf switch
03-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Yo How could you read it. I would be clueless looking at the words. I'll probably just go with the flow, which might get me nowhere. Cool bout the neo geo, my friends haven't ever heard bout it. Their clueless. I'm looking forward to buying one.

Tsen Yuki: Cool i've never heard of those games. I luv jap BLEACH Games. :)

CroSsplay!: It's hard, you should've thought twice fore' buying it. IF only we all knew JAP. (I want to take a JAP. Class but theirs no use for it in the southeast, plus they dion't even bother teaching it.)
most all the games I have that are japanese don't really have much of a story line. So no reading is really necessary. Fighting games have "stories" but they're usually so shallow and pointless it really doesn't matter. There really isn't much reading for shmups like Ikaruga or Raiden. Sonic Adventure probably has the most indepth story of my DC games. But its Sonic. The story isn't really that important to me. There is some trial and error with some games. With menu's and the like. But searching the net for a translation faq isn't that hard.

The Neo-Geo AES (home console) is kinda cool. Most every game has multiple language options. And if you're using an American system the Japanese games all start up in Engrish.

And the PC-FX I got mainly as a collectors item.

cyborgmonkey22
03-10-2008, 12:22 PM
i've only ever imported jump! ultimate stars for the ds which i think is pretty fun. even though it's a fighting game it does require a bit of reading since it's more like super smash bros. than your standard 1-on-1 fighting game. plus there's all those manga panels on the bottom screen which have different effects. some let you swap your current character to play as another, while some raise certain stats. it's fun but because you can have more than one deck you always have to choose which one you want to use before each match and because each world has multiple missions that some times require certain tasks to be done there was more reading in it than i 1st thought which poses a problem since i can't read japanese. i only know a few japanese words but none of them do i actually know how to spell in japanese. but it's a fun game non the less and it's a bummer that it'll never be translated into english.