PDA

View Full Version : Yay!Karo-chan's new CG wall...

Hautalken
02-29-2008, 10:54 AM
This would be my nwewst wallpaper. This is the first time I've tried out anything of the sort. So I need you guys to help me out and tell me where I can improve!:laugh:

That file's like HUGE!! (2MB; JPG I mean, and the PSD file is 23.1MB:banghead: )
Just thought of warning the people who might want to download it...

So what do you think?:unsure:

KuroTan
02-29-2008, 12:38 PM
My biggest issue here is that it's too big. I mean, the average wallpaper is like only 300kb.^^; Still, size aside, it's a nicely done wall. Stock blends well with the bg and colour scheme fits the theme pretty well. The lens flare looks a little too forced though. Maybe tone it down a little?

Kaitou Ace
02-29-2008, 12:41 PM
The dimensions are good ^_^ I'm glad to see you're making larger sized walls. For the file size, just do a save for web in photoshop and that usually does a good job at lowering the file size without hurting the quality.

IchigoKiss
02-29-2008, 05:21 PM
That is sooo awesome.Nice background too

Animousflavista
02-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Wow.. Your wall is really good.The background shows the feeling of violence, murderer and blood to her.
Love to see more of your work. keep wallpapering! :)

Hautalken
03-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Here' another wall featuring illustration art by Keiichi Sumi...
I love her works but its always so hard to prepare a nice background for them. What do you think of this one?

Animousflavista
03-01-2008, 12:36 PM
it will be nice if u open a new thread for each wallpaper you want to be C&C.

the wall looks great but they look over saturated and too yellowish.

Will hurt the eyes if too long watching the screen with that wallpaper though..

and both of your walls look identical in the way its color theme (orange-red-yellow hues)

salar
03-01-2008, 01:58 PM
I prefer the second one more since I like light colors more but as Animousflavista said its abit to yellowish and about the color theme,i dont care if they are the same as long as its st admirable and beautiful and u put ur effort on it ^^...thats why I like ur wallpapers alot karuto ^_^

DarkMoonPrincess
03-01-2008, 02:01 PM
It's very nice..
I love the yellow-orange touch but..
There is a little splash of purple in it.
Did you know that? Or was that on purpose?
It's just very random to me.

MuZ0NaZ
03-01-2008, 02:17 PM
A few tips for the first one:
1. JPEG and red hues do not mix, use save for the web feature to reduce the size of it while maintaining it somewhat artifact-free (I like to leave the quality at 60-70)
2. Never, ever use the lens flare filter unless it was prescribed by your doctor
3. Tone down the background a bit, it's a bit too busy right now.

Hautalken
03-02-2008, 07:55 AM
I made some adjustments to the first wallpaper. Its only 691 KB now (phew!:laugh: )
That totally tired me out! 3 walls a day is a little too much for a little girl like me...:wacko:

Hautalken
03-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Here's another one I did today...
I had this old extract of Clannad. I have absolutely no idea who she is but I thought she'd fit in here. I felt like going on abstract on this one. Since my taste in fonts is so horrible ,tell me ,how does that one fit in?

Anyway, the PSD file turned out to be so HUGE! Just like the first one...I used that "save-for-web" thing just like Muzonaz and Kaitou said and it worked! (obviously:rolleyes: ...

salar
03-02-2008, 08:15 AM
I like the design and concept(its nice) but that text..ummm I wouldnt say that much about the text since im a fan of fancy fonts and like playing with opcaity and blending option and also prefer using small text with mix effect one them so that kind of font isnt the type I like^^ and I think the effects u used kinda ruined the render alittle bit u know , the body is ok but that stain on her face isnt nice ..I wonder if u purposly made it look like that??...no offence..just said my opinion

Edit:WOW 3 walls on a day...such a dedicated person u r ^^

Hautalken
03-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Well yea salar, I pretty much did everything on purpose...
Its supposed to be like that. So I ruined it huh? darn...
Lets see whatr the others have to say though

salar
03-03-2008, 01:57 AM
lol as i thought......well from my point of view that stainy like thing on her face is a bit disracting and doesnt suit her(part of face blends with effects but suddenly a yellowish part that look like a stain)and also tested the wall on my desktop and as i though that yellow stain bothers me,however;I still like the design and concept alot

Hautalken
03-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Actually...thats not a yellow stain at all...
its the original color of her skin. I tried to perk it up but it didn't work. I would.ve spoilt it even more...

I'm doing a new gunslinger girl grunge wall. Anyone got any suggestions, be sure to put them up! And if anyone has the gunslinger girl logo, can you post it at this thread please?
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=17566

Thanks so much.

wizz-o-matic
03-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Please post one wallpaper per thread.

salar
03-03-2008, 08:09 AM
I know thats the color of her skin -_-" but It kinda look like a stain,thats what i meant....anyway good luck with ur new wall....I hope u dont run out of ideas becuz making so many walls in a short time ^^ and would like to see more and more of ur works

Hautalken
03-03-2008, 08:24 AM
One wallpaper per thread? oops...ok!
Well Salar...you're getting all soft on me.

kiseki~
03-03-2008, 09:01 AM
I really like all your wallpapers, and a comment on the top wall up there: too much yellowish-ness.. it kinda stings my eyes to look at the colours....:cool:

salar
03-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Well Salar...you're getting all soft on me.

??????