PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass - Cry For Freedom

SGI
02-24-2008, 09:47 PM
This is my first time making a wallpaper in quite a long time (at least a couple of years). So if you have any tips, suggestions, comments etc. I'd absolutely love to hear them.

salar
02-25-2008, 01:46 AM
I like the concept but its too plain and not attractive from my point of view;) .......

Knightmare
02-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Fairly good I like it but it is plain.

SGI
02-25-2008, 05:46 PM
I can see some people seem to think it is a tad on the plain side. So what do you think would help spice it up a little. And if you say lens flare, I will kill you :p

KuroTan
02-25-2008, 09:43 PM
There's nothing really wrong with it, though I do agree that it's a bit plain. Maybe play with the layers a bit? Maybe an overlay on the "Free Japan" poster to seperate it from the wanted poster.

*edit*

I realized, I shouldn't have launched straight into a criticism. My bad.^^; I like the concept you had for this wallpaper, very original. It's been a while since I've seen a wallpaper that doesn't rely on flashy effects to make it work. Well done.

That said, I still think it's a good idea to make the two seperate posters sorta distinct from one another.

SGI
02-26-2008, 01:34 AM
Well thank you for the comments, I've done some more touching up here and there. I've made the Recruitment poster a bit more grungy to make the two posters seem more distinct. I didn't like the effects from the overlays but I got the change in effect through a nice messy green linear burn with some opacity tweaking.

I also added a bit of blood on the wanted poster, just enough of a spray so as to add a bit of zing without ruining the poster.

KuroTan
02-26-2008, 10:49 PM
You're very welcome.^-^

Nicely done. There's a good amount of depth to the wall now. It looks good enough to submit.=]

MuZ0NaZ
02-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Not enough lens flare.

Seriously, it's much better than before. You might want to try making the duct tape pieces larger (wider), since they seem to be a bit too small for such a rough surface. You could try playing around with displacement maps (filter>distort>displace), it can do magic if used properly and in moderation, especially with the paper edges.

koncui
03-04-2008, 09:04 PM
just posting stuff to see if it works. i really like it but its a little bit plainv O.o