PDA

View Full Version : Ice Coob's photos.

Famahama
02-21-2008, 02:04 PM
HUGE SHOTS! Check the below posts for the resized version. You have been warned. (and not editing this to avoid confusion)

Its kinda funny how i got the shots.

My sis was going for a tuition class in town, anddd i brought along my family's new camera (NIKON D40X) along. and also sneaked along a tripod under my mother's nose. After sending her off, we went around town for a while. I asked my mother to stop at a near by momentum. I got out of the car and brought along the Tripod stand. My mother was somewhere to shocked, but not angry. i took a photo of the building at 30 seconds of exposure and suddenly, fireworks cracked high. I was even baffled when i saw the fireworks guys were close to the momentum! and i took some shots at 2 seconds of exposure and saw some nice looking movement effects to it!

and now i bring you the photos. the fireworks shot were mostly boring O_o;; so nyeehhhh~

the 4th and 5th shot.
it was a shocking thing. the man in the picture is the retired President of Brunei's Photography Club. and our meeting was at the Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque . just after buying the SLR camera, we tested it out . and he spotted us, and came to talk with me and my brother. Ironically , he left his car door unlocked. O__o;; he gave us a few pointers.

and the cat, well, after moving around for fireworks displays, my mother drove near to this cat, which was at the middle of the road sitting. my mother went SODAMNCLOSE to the cat and it STILL didnt move! so... yeah. i took some pictures of the cat. and this one turned out quite acceptable.

the white persian , its my cat. slagging and forever bored. but i still love its laziness. (fact, it's scared of grass)

@Mods,
if the size is unacceptable, ill resize it ^^;;
<feel free to take away a post count>

overwatch
02-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Quick comments:
1) http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=63798 check this - yes you definatly need a resize ;)

2) I like the lines in the 2n pic! (tis as far as I have got -- big pics ;))

Kaitou Ace
02-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Some nice stuff, but my main tip is don't be afraid to bump up the ISO. You're trying to handhlold 1/25th of a second shots at 55mm, so you're getting blur where you shouldn't be.

Bump your ISO up to 400 or so, and shoot at ~1/125th and ~f8 during the day, and you'll get much crisper looking images. Past that, some nice things, I like the light trails, but it seems even with a tripod there's some camera shake going on, could be from hitting the shutter, you may want to change the camera to timer mode (where it takes a shot a few seconds after you press the button) and that will let it stabilize a bit.

Famahama
02-22-2008, 02:14 AM
Hm, thanks Over for the info.

and nice tip on the timer mode, Kaitou Ace. Ill try it once i see some nice things =D and after i know a location to climb up for a high angled shot.

Resized, a bit of editing (Borders, contrast and color) and some that im proud of >8D

Last one, guess who? no, its my twin brother. but i like this shot for some reason. At least its somewhere better than the MySpace angle shot right?

[EDIT]
I may upload hellofalotmore on Saturday since theres National Day Celebration going on.

~*Red*~
02-22-2008, 02:29 AM
I like the third and fifth photos, IceCoob. The building looks awesome in black and white, and the street scene looks vibrant. I hope to see some more soon.

Azel
02-22-2008, 02:33 AM
Wow...these pictures are brilliant. You either have an extremely good camera or just a knack for this sort of thing. My favorites: 2nd and 3rd.

Sσρч
02-22-2008, 03:33 AM
the 2nd ..

Is it church or mosque ?!!

Key
02-22-2008, 07:09 AM
the 2nd ..
Is it church or mosque ?!!
It's a mosque. Church have crosses on top of the roof and it's always a triangular shape type roof. That's modern. The oldies are Gothic type.

Mosque's roof are round.

Sorry for the out topic post.
Nice shots. Especially the 2 photos that's in speed. ^^

☆LadyKikyou☆
02-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh wow those pictures are great! I like the last 3 in the second post there. Maybe one day Ill get a better camera so I can take some good ones. All of mine look.. so bland and everyday.. you know?

Perpetual Specter
02-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Hmmm...I like the pictures.^^ My favorties would be the 2nd and the 5th pics. The 5th pic just looks so neat for some reason. Also, the cat in the 1st pic look like it's sad or deep in thought. o.o;

Mira Kaiba
02-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Oh, very nice shots. My favorite is the third one. I love the blur on the car, and the angle is very nice. I also like the second one, just because I think the target is great looking. Great shot of the cat as well. Awesome pictures! ^^

Famahama
02-24-2008, 12:02 AM
@Kikyo
I know. I started with Kodak Easy Share, and i was not really liking it since theres not much controls in the focus ^^;; but still, i love the widescreen!

--
i wasnt actually being a trigger happy on Saturday since i was sleeping when the national day took place. and it was raining when there was a plan of a firework display.
Nyah...

Tho, i did get some nice shots with reflections.
3 versions of it of the same subject but different angles. (tho, its quite blurry)

Location; Empire Hotel And Country Club, Bandar seri Begawan.

Perpetual Specter
02-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Those three shots aren't too blurry to me. They look okay.^^ Honestly, I like the second pic the most because it seems to have the best angle in my opinion. Also, the place that's in the pic looks kinda cool. =o

Famahama
03-19-2008, 12:17 PM
New-old ones!
Of the cross country on the most disciplined school in Brunei, SMPJNPHAB!