PDA

View Full Version : Dark Marik or Real Marik?

NikkolasPariah
02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
I hesitate to call him "good Marik" because he wasn't really all that good for most of the series.

I prefer real Marik myself. He was a lot more interesting and Dark Marik just had two things that bugged me:

1) His hair reminds me way too much of Super Saiyan
2) He made everyone job (lose) to him. Not becuase he was stronger but because the Plot needed him too.
First the unexplained bit of him knowing more about Ra than real Marik...Yami Marik has been trapped for years and only emerged once or twice. Real Marik should know way more than him and at the least they should know the exact same things.
Then in his duel with Joey, Joey only lost because of the story making him collapse..one more attack and he'd have won but the story can't have him do that.

Real Marik had a good VA, didn't wear the cliche cape o' doom and was just more sweet as a villain for me.

Sanosuke23
02-20-2008, 05:42 AM
Evil Marik was a dominant split personality. In fact, he was more or less always in control, just not COMPLETE control. Having Odion/Rishid around helped keep him in check, you'll recall. So, it's completely plausible then that the "dominant" personality took over more often then we realize, and that was when he was doing research on Ra(hypothetically, he could have gotten frustrated to the point where there was bleed-through. It's all speculation of course, since they'll never explain his background after leaving the tomb but before his formal introduction into the series). If that's the case, then it's entirely possible that Marik's base personality was dormant at the time.

If you don't believe me, note the marked difference in Marik's attitude after the finals match. He's considerably less agressive, and if he was indeed not controlled at all by his alter-ego, then there wouldn't BE that big of a change.

I prefer regular Marik either way. He was a pretty good guy.

red_sky300
02-20-2008, 05:55 AM
Evil marik is way better , come on he's like pschotic and has that awesome "cape of doom" XD plus he knows virtually everything and is merciless to everyliving being

Kamara Sagara
02-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Psycho Marik dominates here. I mean, even if the plot had to make him win, he also had to have a certain skill at all to achieve that. All of the characters were dictated by the plot. (The idiotic blond focus of the series comes to mind. Atemu, though, not the twerp.) The fact is that the plot is the whole basis of a story so some characters need to have certain skill levels to allow the protagonist the greatest challenge.

And come on, Atemu's hair is far worse than his. His is only dementedly jagged. The weird kind of warping of his face during his later episodes really irked me though. I think they overemphasized the point that he was not the "real Marik".

Konata Izumi
02-21-2008, 01:59 AM
The 'Real' Marik is better, at least he doesn't make scary faces. >>;

kaori_tenshi
02-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Real Marik...hehe. I just have this thing for the hikari marik! :3
Same goes for Bakura and Ryou.

Hideki Motosuwa.
04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Dark Marik seems so much cooler, but I'll have to go with the real Marik, simply because he was a good guy, and after his dark side was defeated, and good side came back, he honorably apologized to Yugi and his friends atleast.

aeonking
04-03-2008, 03:03 AM
Dark Marik seems so much cooler, but I'll have to go with the real Marik, simply because he was a good guy, and after his dark side was defeated, and good side came back, he honorably apologized to Yugi and his friends atleast.

Yes he did apologize after putting them through hell before the Yami Marik came out.

I like the Yami Marik better than the real Marik also. He is much more evil and the twists he puts in the shadow games are ace. You gotta love the evil guy.

SuXrys
04-03-2008, 04:46 PM
The evil one. ^___^ I like bad boys

Ren26
04-03-2008, 04:52 PM
True he was one bad egg for most of the series but i think i liked the good Merrick better. He was pretty weak but in the end he manged to fight off the darkness inside him and that takes true stength but thats only my opinion.

Darth Vaida
04-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Um....hmm....I prefer the real Malik because he...uh....doesn't look like SS Trunks...o.o; and um......Malik-san just appeals to me more.