PDA

View Full Version : jakun's Yu-Gi_Oh thread on the real game.

jakun_kenpachi
02-17-2008, 02:46 PM
I will only talk about the competitive part of the game and advance format in the real card game.
To start i am going to both madison, and des monise regionals comeing up, maybe not des monise, but i will be at madison. I am a memember of team S.T.D, that stands for "Saves The Day"^^
I am going to post my deck and ideas, i hope others will do so as well. I want this thread to last.

I Edited this from what it was at first. At the Des Monies Regionals in march 08 I won it and got my nations Invite! I won with six samurai. I will now start to use other decks and let the rest of my team use the good cards so others can top 8. I now have a regional win under my belt and it feels good!

Here is a weird deck I want to test! I will change this deck over time.
This is only a fun deck but any ideas that will make it better is welcomed and if you want to know why certain cards are in the deck please just ask.

Monsters
Volcanic Counter~3
Volcanic Shell~3
Volcanic Rocket~3
Snipe hunter~1
Gigaplant~1
Lonefire Blossom~3
Cyber Dragon~2
Lava Golem~2
Marshmellon~1
Spells
Blaze accelerator~1
Wild fire~2
Monster reborn~1
Premature Burial~1
Heavy Storm~1
Mystical space typhoon~1
Swords of revealing light~1
Scapegoat~1
Pot Of Avarice~1
Lightning Vortex~1
Burial From A Different Dimension~2
Traps
Mirror Force~1
Torrential Tribute~1
Ojama Trio~1
Magic Cylinder~1
Dimension wall~3
Phoenix Wing Wind Blast~1

Rowloman
02-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Seems pretty balanced though I personally love the Swords of revealing light to by some time, cause there are unlimited possible strategies in this game (well sort of it doesn't work like the show) and sometimes you need time to think.

jakun_kenpachi
02-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Seems pretty balanced though I personally love the Swords of revealing light to by some time, cause there are unlimited possible strategies in this game (well sort of it doesn't work like the show) and sometimes you need time to think.oh, wow i knew i forgot something thanks i am going to change it now, thanks i would have forgotten all about that!
I know it is nothing like the show, but the show can get us a sneak at what maybe to come.

Sanosuke23
02-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh hello Theme Breaker the Magical Warrior, I wish I could say it's a nice surprise to see you but that would be two lies in one sentence.

Still, good luck against the netdecks, unless that's a netdeck too. If so, I hope a kid with a sleeveless deck of commons stumbles in and eliminates you.

I don't play tournaments, and so I shan't post my somewhat outdated, zomg bancard wtf u loosar deck that was hard to beat even before the things that can really hurt it got banned.

Upper Deck hates innovation.

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-18-2008, 06:16 PM
It seems like a pretty good deck, but to be honest, I haven't played the game in over 2-3 years, and I actually gave my deck away to my friend for free(which was worth just over $1,000). I know I'm an idiot for doing that, but he made much more use of the cards than I would've ever. Plus, I got my original deck(with Exodia, the God cards, and my 3 Blue Eyes) stolen by mean people. So I stopped playing when I lost Exodia, it took me over 400 packs of cards and like $1,000 just to get it. *sorry for getting off topic*

Lelouch of the rebellion
02-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey can I post my Deck? I learnt the rules briefly so If my cards break any please reply.

Monsters:
Alpha the Magnet Warrior
Gamma the Magnet Warrior
Beta the Magnet Warrior
Girochin Kuwagata
Battle Ox
Guardian Statue
Spirit of Flame
Warrior Dai Grepher
Eria the Water Charmerx2
Hiita the Fire Charmerx2
Aussa the Earth Charmerx2
Wynn the Wind Charmerx2
Andoro Sphynx
Sphynx Telia
Thenien the Great Sphynx
blue eyes white dragonx2

Magic:
Block Attack
Remove Trap
Fissure
DK The Cure Master
Dark Hole
Soul Exchange
Change of Heart
De-Spell
The Shallow Grave
Monster Reborn
Ground Collapse
Monster Recovery

Traps:
Pyramid of lightx2
Waboku
Trap Hole
Reverse Trap
Nutrient Zx2

jakun_kenpachi
02-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey can I post my Deck? I learnt the rules briefly so If my cards break any please reply.

Monsters:
Alpha the Magnet Warrior
Gamma the Magnet Warrior
Beta the Magnet Warrior
Girochin Kuwagata
Battle Ox
Guardian Statue
Spirit of Flame
Warrior Dai Grepher
Eria the Water Charmerx2
Hiita the Fire Charmerx2
Aussa the Earth Charmerx2
Wynn the Wind Charmerx2
Andoro Sphynx
Sphynx Telia
Thenien the Great Sphynx
blue eyes white dragonx2

Magic:
Block Attack
Remove Trap
Fissure
DK The Cure Master
Dark Hole
Soul Exchange
Change of Heart
De-Spell
The Shallow Grave
Monster Reborn
Ground Collapse
Monster Recovery

Traps:
Pyramid of lightx2
Waboku
Trap Hole
Reverse Trap
Nutrient Zx2Yep these break many rules, but it looks like a interesting deck if nothing else. You have many old cards though. Many stratigies are mixed there. Not my kind of deck but then again i am the swarming type.

ok, first of all someone gave me a bad rap on this and i dont think i have said anything that is worth of giveing me a bad rep on.
@sanosuke: I think breaker needs to get banned, it is either a 1900 beat stick, or a 1600 that destroyed one spell or trap. I dont net deck, and if someone tries to beat me with samurai i am sure i will win, because not only did i make the deack i have been playing them for over 1 year straight. Your right about the upper deck thing. XD
@Miss Chii Motosuwa:Sucks that you got your cards stolen, people that steal are idiots that will not work or pay for their own cards. Dont worry about getting off topic.^^

ok, I have updated the first post so now you can see more six samurai decks.
If you want to net deck then go ahead i dont mind, but it takes awhile to use six samurai well so dont think you can win a regs or anything on the first try with certain six sam decks, because unless you know everything you can do with it then you should not bother with it.
Please talk about more if you want.

Sanosuke23
02-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Lelouch: Monster Reborn, Change of Heart and I think Dark Hole are banned for regular tournament play, but there really are no bans if you're just playing for fun.

The deck is a little all over the place, but for a beginner's deck that's common. Try out different playing styles(direct damage, beatdown, deck out, etc.) as you get comfortable with playing the game.

jakun: Yeah, SS are a little more subtle than they first seem. AT LEAST YOU DON'T RUN MOBIUS AM I RIGHT?

jakun_kenpachi
02-20-2008, 06:09 AM
Lelouch: Monster Reborn, Change of Heart and I think Dark Hole are banned for regular tournament play, but there really are no bans if you're just playing for fun.

The deck is a little all over the place, but for a beginner's deck that's common. Try out different playing styles(direct damage, beatdown, deck out, etc.) as you get comfortable with playing the game.

jakun: Yeah, SS are a little more subtle than they first seem. AT LEAST YOU DON'T RUN MOBIUS AM I RIGHT?I did have a six samurai monarch build for while and it was not bad, ithad no shoguns, and 2 raiza and 2 mobius, still i would not run it ever again because it is prone to bad hands more than i thought it would be.

Sanosuke23
02-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Ugh, I hate Monarchs. They defy logic by being both overpowered and overrated at the same time.

I guess my problem with Breaker's the same thing. Yeah they're good, but any tourney-humper you meet's gonna at least TRY to cram them in their deck, even if they just don't work.

jakun_kenpachi
02-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Ugh, I hate Monarchs. They defy logic by being both overpowered and overrated at the same time.

I guess my problem with Breaker's the same thing. Yeah they're good, but any tourney-humper you meet's gonna at least TRY to cram them in their deck, even if they just don't work.
I know what you mean, but in my deck it has been working very nice. Though i have almost total Magic and trap control i add breaker in just to help more and i needed one more monster in the deck.
I hope Raiza Gets limited or banned! The other monarchs are too strong too, because they make darkworld decks cry alot. Dark world has too many problems when faceing monarchs, though they can still beat them the weight is still on manarchs side.

Lelouch of the rebellion
02-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Lol I just play for fun, only against my little brother, so I don't exactly know when I am breaking rules, plus it's been years since my last purchase, and usually I just make a deck with Female cards that look Moe. Lol.

I'm breaking rules though that sucks :(

Also Im in canada so the only tournaments are unofficial ones put on by someone. I live in a smaller communitee

jakun_kenpachi
02-21-2008, 04:48 AM
That sucks, but it is cool that you play for fun.

Fox Knight
02-22-2008, 04:02 PM
nice deck. I figured I'd preview the New March 08 Ban list for ya'll.

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/community/forums/thread/1042053.aspx

there the like and it's 100% true, and yes, you do see Monster Reborn in the limited list. :)

jakun_kenpachi
02-22-2008, 05:45 PM
nice deck. I figured I'd preview the New March 08 Ban list for ya'll.

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/community/forums/thread/1042053.aspx

there the like and it's 100% true, and yes, you do see Monster Reborn in the limited list. :)
What in gods green earth did i just see?!!??!!??!! I think i may quit Yu-Gi-Oh after that! O.O
For the love of god what has gotten into the upper deck people?!
I am still getting over the shock.
Please tell me this is a joke! :banghead:
Advanced Format - Limited and Forbidden Lists (effective March 1)The Advanced Format will be used at premier events, and the World Championship

I. Forbidden CardsYou cannot use these cards in your Deck, Fusion Deck or Side Deck. BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER - ENVOY OF THE BEGINNING BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIORBUTTERFLY DAGGER - ELMACALL OF THE HAUNTEDCHANGE OF HEARTCHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE ENDCHAOS SORCERERCONFISCATIONCYBER JARCYBER-STEINDARK HOLEDELINQUENT DUOEXCHANGE OF THE SPIRITFIBER JARGRACEFUL CHARITYHARPIE'S FEATHER DUSTERIMPERIAL ORDERLAST TURNLAST WILLMAGICAL SCIENTISTMAGICIAN OF FAITHMAKYURA THE DESTRUCTORMETAMORPHOSISMIRAGE OF NIGHTMAREPAINFUL CHOICEPOT OF GREEDRAIGEKIRING OF DESTRUCTIONSINISTER SERPENTSNATCH STEALTHE FORCEFUL SENTRYTHOUSAND-EYES RESTRICTTIME SEALTRIBE-INFECTING VIRUSTSUKUYOMIVICTORY DRAGONWITCH OF THE BLACK FORESTYATA-GARASU

NEW! - Breaker the Magical Warrior, Call of the Haunted, Magician of Faith

II. Limited CardsYou can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck, Fusion Deck & Side Deck combined. ADVANCED RITUAL ARTBRAIN CONTROLCARD DESTRUCTIONCARD TROOPERCEASEFIRECHAIN STRIKECRUSH CARD VIRUSDARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS
D. D. WARRIOR LADYDESTINY HERO - DISK COMMANDERDIMENSION FUSIONELEMENTAL HERO STRATOSEXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONEFISSUREFUTURE FUSIONGIANT TRUNADEGOLD SARCOPHAGUSGRAVITY BINDGREEN BABOON, DEFENDER OF THE FORESTHEAVY STORMLEFT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONELEFT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONELEVEL LIMIT - AREA BLIMITER REMOVALMAGIC CYLINDERMARSHMALLONMEGAMORPHMIND CRUSHMIRROR FORCEMONSTER REBORNMORPHING JARMYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOONNEO-SPACIAN GRAND MOLENIGHT ASSAILANTNOBLEMAN OF CROSSOUTOJAMA TRIOOVERLOAD FUSIONPREMATURE BURIALRAIZA THE STORM MONARCHRIGHT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONERIGHT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONESANGANSCAPEGOATSMASHING GROUNDSNIPE HUNTERSPIRIT REAPERSWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHTTHE TRANSMIGRATION PROPHECYTORRENTIAL TRIBUTETRAP DUSTSHOOTTREEBORN FROGTWIN-HEADED BEHEMOTHULTIMATE OFFERINGUNITED WE STANDWALL OF REVEALING LIGHT

NEW! - Advanced Ritual Art, Monster Reborn, Nobleman of Crossout, Ojama Trio, Raiza the Storm Monarch

III. Semi-Limited CardsYou can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck, Fusion Deck & Side Deck combined. BOOK OF MOONCYBER DRAGONDESTINY HERO - MALICIOUSFOOLISH BURIALLIGHT AND DARKNESS DRAGONMAGE POWERMAGICAL STONE EXCAVATIONMANTICORE OF DARKNESSMASK OF DARKNESSNECROFACEREINFORCEMENT OF THE ARMYROYAL DECREE

NEW! - Book of Moon, Cyber Dragon, Foolish Burial, Light and Darkness Dragon, Mage Power, Magical Stone Excavation, Necroface

NEW! - The following cards are no longer Limited: Apprentice Magician, Creature Swap, Green Gadget, Jinzo, Pot of Avarice, Reckless Greed, Red Gadget, Yellow Gadget

Sanosuke23
02-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I heard about this last night from a friend that follows the tourney scene. All's I can say is BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA AAA!

And he explained why Ojama Trio's restricted to one. Apparently there's this fish thing that, if you have A Legendary Ocean out, you can seriously take over half your opponent's life from them in a single attack with a one-tribute monster and an Ojama token.

Also GODDAMNIT THREE JINZOS. That's because they're coming out with Jinzo support and there's no reason to have all that if you can only have one or none of him.

jakun_kenpachi
02-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Ok, i just git back from a local torney and my cousin ran a Darkworld ArmedDragon deck! It was fast and controling like i could not even keep up 50% of the time while running my samurai OTK/control!
Go to metagame and serch for the winner of the latest shonen, OMG!

Also I hope to WIN the next regionals.

Sanosuke23
02-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Just so long as nobody gets my precious Sky Scourges banned, I'll be happy.

ChibiInuyasha
02-26-2008, 10:51 PM
indeed its been almost 4 years since reborn was banned why bring it back now? i gotta put a new deck together and as for your samurai deck its good just watch out for those kinetic soldier side deckers because im one of em

my current side deck

Kinetic Soldier x3
Pulling the Rug x3
Des Wombat x3
DD crow x3
System Down x1
Solemn Judgment x1
Spirit Reaper x1

Main Deck not finished for March 1st but this is what i have so far.

Monsters
Cyber Dragon x2
Evil hero malicious edge x2
E hero stratos x1
E hero Wild Heart x3
Marauding caption x1
Sangan x1
Marshmallon x1
Giant Rat x2
Spell Striker x1
DD warrior lady x1
Neo spacion grand mole x1
The calculatorx1

Magic
Swords of revaling light x1
Shield Crush x1
MST x1
Pot of avarice x1
brain control x1
enemy controller x1
scapegoat x1
monster reborn x1 - New off banned list :eek::banghead:
smashing ground x1
book of moon x1
heavy storm x1
premature burial x1
nobleman of crossout x1

Traps
Metal reflect slime x1
mirror force x1
dimmensional prison x1 - like sakaretsu armor just removes from play
torrential tribute x1

as i said not done yet those are definetes i dont know what to add yet.

jakun_kenpachi
02-27-2008, 05:27 AM
@Sanosuke: lol.
@ChibiInuyasha: nice deck, as for the kenetics you are very smart to side 3! I had some one side 8 cards for me once, it turned out to be 3 kenetics, 3 warrior eliminations, and 2 lightning vortex. They still got owned! LOL! I just sided into a faster samurai OTK!

ChibiInuyasha
02-27-2008, 09:35 AM
I tell ya those samurai decks are wicked 1st game last tournament it wiped the floor with me 2cd game i was thinking this guy had shogun grandmaster and irou out i top decked into kinetic soldier worst part is if i attacked irou he would of had 25 life points left lol so i attacked shogun so i could play pot of averice and hope to get something then i finally won by bringing out castle gate and sacking kinetic to win the third game i just murdered him before he could do anything and thats the first time i ever beat that guy but i never really had a side deck back then either lol.

jakun_kenpachi
02-27-2008, 03:26 PM
I tell ya those samurai decks are wicked 1st game last tournament it wiped the floor with me 2cd game i was thinking this guy had shogun grandmaster and irou out i top decked into kinetic soldier worst part is if i attacked irou he would of had 25 life points left lol so i attacked shogun so i could play pot of averice and hope to get something then i finally won by bringing out castle gate and sacking kinetic to win the third game i just murdered him before he could do anything and thats the first time i ever beat that guy but i never really had a side deck back then either lol.
Nice job!
Most people that run six samurai just swarm, what i like to do is use Kamon, Yaichi, and the others after i make my opponet over exstend and then gain advantage, then next turn swarm for game, but even if it is not game i wont be too bad off because of the turn before. That or i just OTK them! XD
Kenetic is such a pain! People call me a luck sake but i dont care, the fact that i can read the meta, and i dont just swarm but think everything out and FORCE them to over exstend shows that they dont know anything aout this game.

ChibiInuyasha
02-28-2008, 01:13 AM
believe me i knew this guy for years he is a experienced player i havnt seen you play but from the looks of it your pretty good yourself if its one thing i learned in yugioh dont get cocky even if the score is 8000 you 100 them they can still comeback and win it i proved that last week ^_^ my store dont really call pple luck sacks anymore we are now called tool boxes and they tell me im the biggest one of them all lol.

Tasold
02-28-2008, 05:12 AM
I don't know weather to be annoyed or not, I was going to make a cyber dragon deck but as I'm limited to two thats just pointless now however it does mean I'll be able to optimize my dragon deck which I threw together once and was lucky to beat my friend in an unofficial match where he had a deck full of banned cards.

ChibiInuyasha
02-28-2008, 05:59 AM
I don't know weather to be annoyed or not, I was going to make a cyber dragon deck but as I'm limited to two thats just pointless now however it does mean I'll be able to optimize my dragon deck which I threw together once and was lucky to beat my friend in an unofficial match where he had a deck full of banned cards.

there are still many ways for cyber to work light hex seal 2 cybers and that brings out cyber end 1 cyber and hex seal cyber twin and you still got powerbond over load future fusion take your opponites cybers with brain control monster reborn trus me it still works put a card trooper in you will have machines in the gravyard easy for the fusion just be careful of dd crow if you overload fusion even with 2 cyber dragons dd crow cancels it out since you target 1 cyber and the rest machines other than that cyber dragon decks are still beast.

jakun_kenpachi
02-28-2008, 08:54 AM
believe me i knew this guy for years he is a experienced player i havnt seen you play but from the looks of it your pretty good yourself if its one thing i learned in yugioh dont get cocky even if the score is 8000 you 100 them they can still comeback and win it i proved that last week ^_^ my store dont really call pple luck sacks anymore we are now called tool boxes and they tell me im the biggest one of them all lol.I know not to get cocky, because when i do i get beaten every time. I had someone to 100 In my frist turn and was going for game so i activated cunning of the six samurai to re-sommon grandmaster of the six samurai but he chained magic drain! so could not win that turn then he pulls out a otk next turn with heavy storm my solemn and then future fusion and overload for game!
I only get called luck sack at regionals now, but who cares everyone there thinks they are so great but then they get owned by the six and cry about it because they could not side because they did not side for them.
Anyways if you have a game king then tell me so we can play some day. I am "samurai_guy" on game king. I also want to run grave keepers in a regionals once because i tested it on game king and my only lose with that deck is against a new player when i only drew into one monster the whoe game!

ChibiInuyasha
02-28-2008, 07:45 PM
grave keepers now that deck brings back memories i had one once get necrovally and the gk guards were un beatable and theyd bring out more then the chief came to play it was over. theres to many ways and decks that could beat them now but i still enjoy seeing those guys in decks.

jakun_kenpachi
02-28-2008, 08:10 PM
grave keepers now that deck brings back memories i had one once get necrovally and the gk guards were un beatable and theyd bring out more then the chief came to play it was over. theres to many ways and decks that could beat them now but i still enjoy seeing those guys in decks.Indeed, they might throw off alot of decks now a days. Then again there are alot that would destroy them.

Sanosuke23
02-29-2008, 06:00 AM
Well the thing about Gravekeepers is that people sometimes forget they're spellcasters, and have all that support going for them too. Everyone kind of assumes they'll see ALL the GK support stuff in EVERY deck, so when you throw, say, Magicians Unite (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Magicians_Unite) at them and hit them with a 3000 Spear Soldier, they don't often see that coming.

Tasold
02-29-2008, 06:23 AM
there are still many ways for cyber to work light hex seal 2 cybers and that brings out cyber end 1 cyber and hex seal cyber twin and you still got powerbond over load future fusion take your opponites cybers with brain control monster reborn trus me it still works put a card trooper in you will have machines in the gravyard easy for the fusion just be careful of dd crow if you overload fusion even with 2 cyber dragons dd crow cancels it out since you target 1 cyber and the rest machines other than that cyber dragon decks are still beast.
hmm I didn't consider that, probably due to cyber decks and machine decks being my weak points I haven't ever made a succsesful one :laugh: I much better at Dragon and spellcaster decks, though I might just make a cyber deck now thanks for the tips

jakun_kenpachi
02-29-2008, 10:10 AM
I have been testing Volcanic Darkworld on game king and i have not lost with the deck yet that i can remember. I called the deck Volcanic World.
I also mixed Darkworld and D.hero's and it worked a little bit i guess.
Oh, i just noticed that i am now a senior member? COOL!

ChibiInuyasha
02-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Well the thing about Gravekeepers is that people sometimes forget they're spellcasters, and have all that support going for them too. Everyone kind of assumes they'll see ALL the GK support stuff in EVERY deck, so when you throw, say, Magicians Unite (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Magicians_Unite) at them and hit them with a 3000 Spear Soldier, they don't often see that coming.

Dude thats a pretty nifty idea,

oh and np problem on the tips bro

@ kenpachi congrats on making senior ^_^

jakun_kenpachi
02-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Now that monarchs are less used, i think Dark world could make a comeback in a big way. What do you all think?

Sanosuke23
02-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Now that monarchs are less used, i think Dark world could make a comeback in a big way. What do you all think?

Well, I have a Dark World/Air Knight Parshath deck for the Sky Scourges, so I'd be kind of against it.

I like being the one using stuff people don't often prepare for.

jakun_kenpachi
02-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Well, I have a Dark World/Air Knight Parshath deck for the Sky Scourges, so I'd be kind of against it.

I like being the one using stuff people don't often prepare for.Me too.It is funny to see their face when they figure out they can not side against you! LOL!

Sanosuke23
03-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Me too.It is funny to see their face when they figure out they can not side against you! LOL!

Oh man, I told this kid I was running a Volcanic burn deck, and it was beautiful to see his face when all my high-power monsters got Soul of Fire'd and he had prepped for the usual Doomfire crap you'd see when the set first came out.

I think it looks much better removed from play with you 1500 LP lower as opposed to a Bottomless. Heck, I don't even use the Blaze Cannons.

jakun_kenpachi
03-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh man, I told this kid I was running a Volcanic burn deck, and it was beautiful to see his face when all my high-power monsters got Soul of Fire'd and he had prepped for the usual Doomfire crap you'd see when the set first came out.

I think it looks much better removed from play with you 1500 LP lower as opposed to a Bottomless. Heck, I don't even use the Blaze Cannons.I don't know too much on volcanics, so i can not comment in any smart way, but unexpected things always help.

ChibiInuyasha
03-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Man I wanted to make a Dark Armed Dragon deck i did untill i saw the price
Dark Armed Dragon = $250! Nintendo Wii $250 last time i checked a piece of card board was not a Nintendo Wii Damn! My current Wallet- $237 so unfair :(
I cant even find a wii plus i have 6 conventions comming up and need to finish my Dark Link costume. But back on topic i wnt to a regional on Saturday and got owned my game was off for one thing and getting 3 Nimble Momanga in at least 5 of my opening hands did not help at all lol.

Hautalken
03-03-2008, 01:28 AM
My prickle fairy's always there for defense! and i use my stealth bird for attack!
i even have ra and slifer but i got no idea how to use them.
even neo aqua madoor's good for dfense.

jakun_kenpachi
03-03-2008, 04:41 AM
@ chibi: dude that sucks and it turns out i am going to regionals this Saturday not march first so i have awhile to think. in two regionals six samurai top 8. Out of 8 people in one regionals 3 used six samurai.
Another 2.

Sanosuke23
03-05-2008, 10:51 PM
jakun: Tell us how you do, dude.

So, I see my local 7-11 is selling Gladiators Assault, what's the general opinion on that set?

jakun_kenpachi
03-06-2008, 05:25 AM
jakun: Tell us how you do, dude.

So, I see my local 7-11 is selling Gladiators Assault, what's the general opinion on that set?
i will tell how i do.
Gladiators assault is a desent set, but the new one is better, because it is the most valuable of all right now because of dark armed dragon.

Sanosuke23
03-06-2008, 11:46 AM
I could care less about that, I just want Cannon Soldier Mk-II.

Well, I wouldn't exactly complain if I got a Dark Armed Dragon, Creator, or Phoenix, but I'm not hunting for them either.

jakun_kenpachi
03-09-2008, 02:01 PM
I just got back from Madison regionals yesterday! I was X-2 and i had a VERY good chance of top 8, but i had to play my friend in the second to last round and i decided after i beat him to just say he won it because he was doing good for his first regionals so i let him go on, and he top 8! I ended up X-3 because i gave him the win or else i would have been X-2 if i did not. My friend was also running six samurai too.

Sanosuke23
03-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Awesome, out of how many people?

jakun_kenpachi
03-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Awesome, out of how many people?I think 148.

ChibiInuyasha
03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
sweet good man im kinda pissed i went to my local tournament saturday (yesterday) just to find out the store went out of buisness :( on the plus side i got smash brothers brawl so i got something to do. but im still kinda pissed.

jakun_kenpachi
03-09-2008, 08:39 PM
sweet good man im kinda pissed i went to my local tournament saturday (yesterday) just to find out the store went out of buisness :( on the plus side i got smash brothers brawl so i got something to do. but im still kinda pissed.that sucks dude. That would really suck, but at least you got the game.

ChibiInuyasha
03-09-2008, 08:41 PM
that sucks dude. That would really suck, but at least you got the game.

to make it worse my wii was broke so i got worried then i just found out it needed an update lol. now i gotta search for a new card shop

jakun_kenpachi
03-09-2008, 08:46 PM
That would suck a lot!

ARG! at regionals i had to play my buddy in the ending rounds and i beat him, but he had a better chance of top 8ing so i gave him the match anyways, and yes he did run six samurai too, and yes he did win his next game and top 8!
He ended up with 7th place.

Fox Knight
03-13-2008, 11:29 PM
I plan on going to Regionals Soon.. Maybe in April, I'm not sure yet. First things is first...E-Hero Stratos!!

ChibiInuyasha
03-14-2008, 02:55 AM
well still no luck finding a new card shop (sigh) thank god for smash brothers lol

jakun_kenpachi
03-18-2008, 05:37 AM
Good luck!
Wow, after the shonen jump i can already smell a mid season banning of dark armed dragon.

Sanosuke23
03-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Good luck!
Wow, after the shonen jump i can already smell a mid season banning of dark armed dragon.

Blind people can see that one coming. The fact that the community had one massive collective joygasm as soon as he was announced was a big hint that he'd be troublesome.

jakun_kenpachi
03-19-2008, 04:51 AM
Blind people can see that one coming. The fact that the community had one massive collective joygasm as soon as he was announced was a big hint that he'd be troublesome.LOL, hey personal dark armed dragon is not hard to beat for me! ( i just otk for the win!)

Sanosuke23
03-19-2008, 02:31 PM
I don't even know what it DOES, but I'll assume it has something to do with destroying monsters.

Eh, no skin off my nose if that's the case. I'm much more worried about three Jinzos than that guy.

jakun_kenpachi
03-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Dark armed dragon can be sp summoned when you have 3 darks in the graveyard( that is so darn easy!). Remove 1 dark monster to destroy one CARD on the field.

It is broken! that is a +3!!!!!

Sanosuke23
03-19-2008, 06:48 PM
What the crap. How did they think this was balanced, again?

I mean really. That's just terrible.

jakun_kenpachi
03-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh, here is another card they put in the deck.
Dark lord Zarato.
If you have 4 or more monsters in the grave you can sp summon this card. ( Iam not sure on the exact wording.)
Discard 1 dark monster from your hand to destroy ALL MONSTERS ON YOUR OPPONENTS SIDE OF THE FIELD!

Here is another 2 cards that go with the deck. Normal spell.
Allure of darkness. "draw 2 cards and remove one dark monster from your hand from play if you can not discard your hand.

I can not remember the name of this continuous trap. It is a call of the haunted from the removed from play area!

Can you say DMOC abuse?

Dark armed dragon could make history by being the second card to only have a mid season ban if they mid season ban it!

Sanosuke23
03-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Well Zerato's a tool to begin with, and the Dark versions of everything seem to be "Same effect but better, minus the obscene cost"

Isn't there also a DARK that returns all removed cards to the GY or something?

Is Necroface out in the TCG? That's another one that makes me wonder why they think removing things is a serious cost.

jakun_kenpachi
03-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Well Zerato's a tool to begin with, and the Dark versions of everything seem to be "Same effect but better, minus the obscene cost"

Isn't there also a DARK that returns all removed cards to the GY or something?

Is Necroface out in the TCG? That's another one that makes me wonder why they think removing things is a serious cost.Yes necroface is out but limited down to 2.

*edit*
*Oh, today is Friday! I can not wait for The Iowa regionals tomorrow! I will take the whole thing! No one will even be able to hold a candle hold a candle to me!
I can not wait for it!
I Do not know about the DARK thing though.*

*EDIT!*( day after des monies regionals!)

*The Des monies regional tournament report!

There were at least 15 six samurai decks at the regionals. 4 or 5 top 8.
There were fewer DaD( Dark Armed Dragon) decks then I thought. Only 1 top 8.
There were a few random gank decks!( those are the ones that run good but notoverly used cards, like hydrogeddon, monarchs, ect....) 2 top 8.
there were a lot of DDT/magical explosion, but only one Magical explosion deck top 8.

I ran six samurai Control, and I did not ever OTK anyone unless there were unlucky or unskillful, but that took two turns most of the time if i did get a big and awesome hand!

EVERYONE I PLAYED SIDED IN 3 kinetic soldiers!

First Round. I had to play a six samurai deck like mine, and i beat it in 2 games easy. I won my first match at regionals so I was off to a good start.

Second Round. I had to play a very good DaD deck that ran 2 dark lord zaratos, and 2 dads. I took him to three but he beat me. The guy that beat me will only lose one game in the next 4 rounds, andwill be number 1 after the swiss before the top 8.

Third Round. I had to play zombies! The guy got all the right cards in the first game, and even had a 11 card hand because of zombies master and card of safe return at on point. I knew how to play zombies and I beat him in the first game. He sided in 8 cards and I sided in none. I beat him in 4 turns in game 2.

Fourth Round. I had to play slow burn, and beat it VERY fast! I was done in under 2 mins NO JOKE! I was the first person to hand in my match slip that round!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Round five. I had to play counter oppression gadgets, that some how got Vaddligon and the other big stuff out very fast on me, but I beat him in 2 games. He got angry! He would not stop going around complaining so when he was to his team mates ( one was the dad deck i lost to, and another was the six samurai i beat) I walked over and told him to stop being a sore loser. His team mates that played me and knew how good I was laughed at him and I do not think he is part of their team anymore.

Round six. I got paired up against someone who was undefeated. He ran six samurai too! I beat him in two games. He was cool about it, and after he lost he still got in the top 8.

So far I have lost once and the final round of the swiss is coming and if I lost there is a very good chance I would not top 8.

Final round of swiss. I had to play another dad deck but I beat him in 2 games esay because I now knew how to play against dad. He was good, but I never let him pull it out even once, so no dark armed dragon for him.

That means I was in the top 8 for sure!!!!!!

I celebrated with my team mates( S.T.D.= Saves The Day) I ate some pizza, and waited for them to get done with a deck check for the finals, I was worried thinking "what if someone bent a card and they thought it was marked? I would get a match or lose a game automatically!"

They Bought the top 8 over and I was ok with my deck.

1st Round Of The Finals! I played a Magical explosion deck and the guy was shaking a lot from being nervous, so I told him he would play better and make better moves if he took a deep breathe and calmed down, and he would have fun more! We got to playing and I beat him in 2 games easy, because I got a two turn kill, and a 3 turn kill on him.

2nd Round Of The Finals! I had to play the guy I played 6th round in swiss and beat him just like in swiss, I beat him in 2 games. It was long and fun games, and I like the guy too, because he was fun to talk to, and to play. He ran Six samurai!

3rd And Last Round Of The Finals! This was it! I did not care I got my Nations invite for being in the top 4, so I screwed around and had fun doing stupid and funny misplays a lot! Then I decided to play for real, because he got the first game on me, and then next two I won were hard fought games but I won the match and Regionals! he guy was running a weird deck with d.d. Assailants, adn monarchs, and stuff that was really good against me but I pulled through!

I WON REGIONALS! I got the Armageddon knight play mat that I heard is worth a good $80, and a box worth of card, and my nationals invite!

ChibiInuyasha
03-25-2008, 12:35 PM
What the crap. How did they think this was balanced, again?

I mean really. That's just terrible.

Well thats your $200+ at work sadly enough

jakun_kenpachi
03-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Here is the build that won me regionals!

Monsters
Grandmaster of the six samurai~3
The six samurai-Yaichi~3
The six samurai-Zanji~3
The six samurai-Irou~2
The six samurai-Kamon~1
Spirit of the six samurai~2
Great shogun Shien~2
Card trooper~1
Morphing jar~1
Enishi, Shein's Chancellor~1
Cyber Dragon~2

Traps
Solemn Judgment~3
Dust tornado~3
Mirror Force~1
Torrential Tribute~1

Spells
Premature Burial~1
Monster Reborn~1
Reinforcement Of The Army~2
Heavy Storm~1
Mystical Space Typhoon~1
Six samurai United~2
Giant Trunade~1
Swords Of Revealing Light~1
Lightning Vortex~1

OOPS, I MADE SOME MISTAKES ON THE REGIONALS REPORT SO I WILL POST IT AGAIN!

I won Madison regional!!!

Yep I did, it was my first top 8 too!
I was tired going into it, and I thought I would lose badly, but as I found out It would not be the case. I ran Six Samurai control. NOT OTK!

First Round!
I had to play against a Six Samurai deck in the first round. I can not remember If It want to 3 games or 2. I won, and I do remember the guy I played was good. I can not remember any of the peoples names I played so sorry if I played you and I do not remember your name. It was a fun first round and I enjoyed playing the guy.

Second Round!
I had to play against a very good DaD deck, and I can not remember if I took it to 3 games but I lost to it. I remember the guy I lost to got first in swiss. It was enjoyable to play him.

Third Round!
I had to play a Zombies deck of all things! I am not sure on how many Zombie Goblins he had but I won in three because I made the worst mis play I would play all regionals in the second game.

Fourth Round!
I had to play slow burn and was done with it in no time at all, I was the first person to stand up and turn in the match slip for the win! It took a while before anyone else even got done. It was funny how fast I won.

Round Number 5!!!!!!
At this point I was seeing that I could top if I won the rest of my matches. I decided to start taking it easy and having fun because for some reason I no longer cared, I just wanted to play for fun.
I had to play Gadgets oppression counter, or what ever you call it. I beat it in 2 I think. I can not remember.

Round Number 6!^^
I got paired up against a undefeated six samurai deck. I beat him 2-0 but he did play very well even if he did not get a game off me I still consider him better then most others using six samurai. he was fun to play against and It made me think too!

Round number 7! 0_0
oops, I messed up so I am changing my post, I played warrior tool box. I won in three games. Thanks you for the correction again Adam.

I top 8 at this point and get the deck check. I was alright.

Finals Round 1!!!
I got to play DDT, or magical explosion I am not sure what one it was because I won 2-0. I hate to admit it but I god handed the kid once and got a good hand the other game, so I really am not proud of that.

Finals Round 2.....___ O.O WHAT!
I had to play the guy I beat in Round 6 again. It was fun this time too, although I once again 2-0 victory. The guy was Awesome and he may have not known all the ruling on the six samurai to use them right, but he knew how to play the game in general that is for sure!

Finals Round 3! This one decides it! For all the marbles!!! YU-GI-OH!!!!!!!!!!!
I won in three games and lost the second due to me jacking around and I maybe would not have lost the second game but I could have 2-0 if I did not jack around and have fun but I won in the end. He ran Bazoo!

Thats How I won regionals! Top Grandmaster for the win( not in the finals though)!!! XD ( I did do that twice in the regionals but the other time it could have been either zanji or irou for game so I guess I top Grandmaster only once when he was the only card I could top for game.)

3 time in this regionals I saw DMOC top decked and a dasher in the grave, it was funny every single time! XD LOL!

Fox Knight
03-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow... that sounds great. say, is there an entry fee to play in regionals? cuz like i said, i plan on going in April. any advice?

jakun_kenpachi
03-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Wow... that sounds great. say, is there an entry fee to play in regionals? cuz like i said, i plan on going in April. any advice?I posted that in the other thread for you.

ChibiInuyasha
03-31-2008, 02:27 AM
well i may have a new place to play after all there seems to be a place near my house unfortunatly my deck is missing now im mad i think i know who took it to but i got no proof...

Fox Knight
03-31-2008, 09:22 PM
well i may have a new place to play after all there seems to be a place near my house unfortunatly my deck is missing now im mad i think i know who took it to but i got no proof...

Let me guess "Thank Goodness for Super Smash Bros. Brawl."

ChibiInuyasha
04-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Let me guess "Thank Goodness for Super Smash Bros. Brawl."

actually ive mastered Brawl now im just bored and sad :(

jakun_kenpachi
04-04-2008, 04:10 PM
actually ive mastered Brawl now im just bored and sad :(I hate it when people steal, if they can not earn it them self then they should not have it, I hope you get your deck back.

ChibiInuyasha
04-04-2008, 04:43 PM
I hate it when people steal, if they can not earn it them self then they should not have it, I hope you get your deck back.

Well no worries i can rebuild i usually am good at improvising just gotta find some extra cards lying around i can make an ok deck and just keep adding so basically start from scratch and dont trust anyone ^_^ but im to forgiving so ill just rebuild and hope for the best.

jakun_kenpachi
04-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Well no worries i can rebuild i usually am good at improvising just gotta find some extra cards lying around i can make an ok deck and just keep adding so basically start from scratch and dont trust anyone ^_^ but im to forgiving so ill just rebuild and hope for the best.
Cool.
Oh, did you see the shonen? OHM FTK, DAD return were insane! OHM is going to be net decked a lot!

ChibiInuyasha
04-04-2008, 05:14 PM
i havnt really seen whats new im trying to remember when the next prerelease is i hope i havnt missed it yet i have been busy making costumes for the upcoming conventions tends to get pretty busy around here latly

jakun_kenpachi
04-06-2008, 12:45 PM
i havnt really seen whats new im trying to remember when the next prerelease is i hope i havnt missed it yet i have been busy making costumes for the upcoming conventions tends to get pretty busy around here latlyGood luck! I do not know when it is either.

Fox Knight
04-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Good luck! I do not know when it is either.

there is a structure deck coming out 4/9/08. it's called "The Dark Emperor." it's basically a Marco Cosmos Deck with the new Dark Monarch monster.

On May 8th, The new booster "Light of Destruction" will be released.

May 12th will be the release of Championship pack 6 with new rares and including the famous Elemental Hero Stratos (I WANT IT!!)

jakun_kenpachi
04-07-2008, 05:03 AM
there is a structure deck coming out 4/9/08. it's called "The Dark Emperor." it's basically a Marco Cosmos Deck with the new Dark Monarch monster.

On May 8th, The new booster "Light of Destruction" will be released.

May 12th will be the release of Championship pack 6 with new rares and including the famous Elemental Hero Stratos (I WANT IT!!)Awesome! I want it all! sadly I am poor so I can not have it all.

Fox Knight
04-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Awesome! I want it all! sadly I am poor so I can not have it all.

I know what it's like. Luckily I have some store credit at the local card shop, so with a little more work. I'll be getting the new structure.

Regalyn
04-15-2008, 04:27 PM
I was just surprise that people can use 3 Jinzos but it way more than necessary isn't it? any way there my decks it's base on the advance tourney rules.

Scarred

Monster:
Silent Magician LV 8 - 1
ultimate Tyranno - 1
Emes the Infinity - 1
Jinzo - 1
Silent Swordman LV 5 - 1
The Creator - 1
Vampire Lord - 1

Spear Dragon - 1
Slate Warrior - 1
Gemini Elf - 1