PDA

View Full Version : Bleach: "Minding My Own Business"

Ωmega
02-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Gee, I wonder why this wall looks familiar...I found a scan from an anime I didnt recognize, and decided to vector it to a more popular anime. It was a tough decision between FLCL, Bleach, or Ogi, but I decided to go with Bleach to test a theory...which I'll go into a bit later...I wanna see what responses I get first.

The idea for the smoke came from Chalk, only the original had roses...but I want to do butterflies for some reason. I was also originally going to make her headphones Skullcandy headphones, but Im not sure if I'll get sued or something, so instead I took the the skull image from the show :3

The two bg textures are from depthcore.com

C-n-c appreciated <3

Asriel
02-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I find it very cute and awsome.
You did a great job with the Bg and the Bg in the smoke is just Kawaii.
Terrific job with it^^

Animousflavista
02-18-2008, 09:44 AM
hmmm.. not my type i guess.. the color is a bit dull for me..

Ωmega
02-18-2008, 02:58 PM
hmmm.. not my type i guess.. the color is a bit dull for me..
So then how about a suggestion for color? You know, something a bit more constructive.

KuroTan
02-18-2008, 05:20 PM
O_O You're vectoring skills are amazing Maru. I. Am. Jealous. To think that you made that image from the one in your sig (er... that is where it came from right?^^; ) shows how talented you are.^-^

Ok, now to stop before I lay on the compliments too thick. A question first, the character would be Rukia right? Or is it another one? As for the wall itself, I think it's very well done. Everything in it from the butterflies to the faint bg seems to scream "I've been vectored!" Which is neat imo.^^ My only critique would be that maybe the photo on the bg is a little too faint? Up the opacity a little?

Overall though, nicely done wall and vector.

LittleMomo
02-18-2008, 05:30 PM
^^; I can't match any skills compared to yours! It's so awesome! Kepp up the good works!

Animousflavista
02-18-2008, 05:53 PM
The color selection is ok.. just if there is a contrast between lighter and darker color it will enhance the attractiveness of the wall a bit more.
I think you can refer to your siggies, which has more contrast of color (and more attractive) compared to the wallpaper u make. hope u get what I mean.

wizz-o-matic
02-19-2008, 08:41 AM
The "smoke" needs a bit more of variations ... it's really awkward now, even for a vector style.

Ωmega
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
O_O You're vectoring skills are amazing Maru. I. Am. Jealous. To think that you made that image from the one in your sig (er... that is where it came from right?^^; )

Ok, now to stop before I lay on the compliments too thick. A question first, the character would be Rukia right? .
Yes, and yes :3

The color selection is ok.. just if there is a contrast between lighter and darker color it will enhance the attractiveness of the wall a bit more.
I think you can refer to your siggies, which has more contrast of color (and more attractive) compared to the wallpaper u make. hope u get what I mean.
Ah, ok. So should I go back to the yellow-ish color in my sig? I suppose Id like that color better over the blue. I'll also make the texture brighter.

The "smoke" needs a bit more of variations ... it's really awkward now, even for a vector style.
Yeah, I think so too. Any suggestions though? Maybe I should add opened spaces, since theres really only one.