View Full Version : mikomonogatari

LavaBug
02-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey, I've been strangely creative (and/or bored) recently
so here is another wallpaper...It is QUITE done...save for some
minor polishing...suggestions anyone ?

LavaBug
02-11-2008, 10:19 AM
ok...since the feedback on the old version was so overwhelmingly high...:closedeye
...here's the latest version in the unfoundet assumption, that someone
will write his/her opinion about this...

Ωmega
02-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Its a really nice wall, though I wish the scan of the girl had some of the red in it too. But, I like how theres not much color, and it looks like packing paper with postal stamps x3

Whats the difference between the first and second? I cant see it @__@

LavaBug
02-11-2008, 11:23 AM
the position of the girl, the brightness, some brushes, work on the text to make it look older and more like it was hand written, the stamps have different symbols with different fonts...

the general idea was to make it look like an old painting with a story or a poem accompanying it
(it's in fact a story I made up, but you have to know japanese to understand it ...[also, since I suceeded in making the text look old, you need to look at the version I posted yesterday do to so] ^^°)
that has been lying in some library for some decades...
the stamps are supposed to resemble collectors stamps
(like personal seals of emperors/nobles, who usually collected stuff like that)
again if you can read japanese/chinese most of the stamps do have a meaning too ^^
my question is if the idea i wanted to express has been expressed and if there is anything, that should be different ^^°

Kaitou Ace
02-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Ah, I like it. Seal of hattori hanzon on there eh? The old paper look is very interesting, is that a scan in the background, or a render?
The only real thing that jumps out is the "mushi" kanji, it looks too clean to be a stamp to me, maybe some rougher edges on it? Past that, you should submit to aw.com again ^_^

LavaBug
02-11-2008, 02:31 PM
fixed the mushi stamp, also added another stamp (random hanzi -no meaning)

kaitou: the background is a really big brush (texture),
but if i find one that suits better I'll change that because I originally wanted to go for some hemp/silk texture...but these are hard to make, and I don't have textures like those right now...

As for the submitting, I'll see what I can do (aw.com needs a murakami suigun section...even though it's echi)

Other than that current version:

EDIT: Even newer version uploaded...added a little color...

Serated
02-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Jeez, those effects are amazing. Would love to know how you got that old style paper feel to this.

LavaBug
02-12-2008, 05:40 AM
So, I hereby consider this wallpaper done, and here is the final, for everyone who is interested: