PDA

View Full Version : ccs or trc?

Goodylucky
02-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Do you like cardcaptor sakura better or tsubasa chronicles better?
I like cardcaptor sakura more because it looks more cuter and its funnier.
Please tell me what you think and why.
Thanks!

Goodylucky
02-10-2008, 03:16 PM
how come no one is replying!?

小美ドクロchan
02-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I'll reply. XD CCS. It's a shoujo magical girl series and Tsubasa is a shounen action series. Nuff said.

blackrosetwilight
02-10-2008, 07:26 PM
"replied" hows' that? LOL gotta go with what 小美ドクロchan said

Shia_san
02-11-2008, 08:49 PM
CCS all the way!

KP4
02-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Just looking at the anime Card Capture Sakura all the way, but if considering the manga for trc it's hard to say. The trc series gets really good after the anime left off.

Goodylucky
02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Just looking at the anime Card Capture Sakura all the way, but if considering the manga for trc it's hard to say. The trc series gets really good after the anime left off.

I never read the trc manga before.. But I'll try and read some of the books. ^^

lucky_angel
03-08-2008, 06:37 PM
I think it's ccs too! um.. because.. well, I have to agree with Goodylucky, it's funnier and it's so kawaii!!
and um.. I don't know any more reasons now... maybe it's more exciting and the songs are great..?

Dysis
03-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Do you like cardcaptor sakura better or tsubasa chronicles better?
I like cardcaptor sakura more because it looks more cuter and its funnier.
Please tell me what you think and why.
Thanks!

i agree i much like ccs because of it and i much like the art style

MoroDashi
03-12-2008, 01:17 AM
I like CCS better than TRC. Although it has more action, and have more permissions because they are older... I still like CCS- it is relaxed.
But either way, the hearts of them all, young or old will always beat in sacramony!x! XOX.

MoroDashi
03-12-2008, 01:18 AM
XD- im anime_candy, i rep-ped you. The rep warranty and conditions are still on?? Right?!?

Hautalken
03-12-2008, 02:14 AM
Tsubasa is better. Thegraphics are way advanced, there's lovely soundtrack, and the characters are better. CCS suddenly became old...its boring now and kinda predictable.

Mini
03-12-2008, 02:19 AM
I find Tsubasa better!!
I like the story better!!
And somehow I like them as grown ups instead of kids......
Don't know why......

Aya_Strawberrie ♥
03-13-2008, 07:44 AM
I prefer Tsubasa...^^
Coz The story is more better than CCS...
Yah.. I love CCS too.. Its funny.. =)
But, TRC is an awesome manga...! =D

spoiled_princess
03-15-2008, 12:04 AM
i prefer ccs...but trc is still ok for me...

CardCaptorAngel
03-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I like CCS.It brings back memories^_^TRC is so so violent because of the blood during the OVA's but I don't care 'bout that.Say does anyone know why Sakura from CCS appeared out of no where in the TRC OVA 3?

IchigoKiss
03-28-2008, 07:45 AM
I preffer the younger stage... [ CCS ]

So kawaii and the movies are awesome

BlueScarletPhoenix
04-05-2008, 07:58 PM
I like TRC better there are some funny moments and there are some tragic moments, but I also like CCS because its cute, funny, and.... well I forgot, but I like TRC more though.

S3PH1
04-07-2008, 07:55 AM
CCS, of course

reigna
06-05-2008, 01:55 AM
CCS !!

devil.inc
07-01-2008, 06:15 AM
I like cardcaptor sakura more, its a lot funnier, nd the characters are so much more KAWAII !!! :)

Jagan Eye
07-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Tsubasa since everyone's more mature, there are more characters, everything intertwines with other CLAMP manga, and xxxHolic is completely amazing. Plus in Tsubasa, Syaoran isn't a jerk and Tomoyo has a more meaningful character.
Cardcaptor Sakura was a cute manga though.

ichigoangel06
07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I like both CCS and TRC^^
CCS~ because i like how cute everyone looks and the stroyline is really cute ......Syaoran looks sooo inoccent and is such a cutie when he falls in lovew with Sakura^^

TRC~ because i like how all the characters are all mature^^ Fai and Kurogane are so funny and the anime has more action^^ and the storyline is really interesting^^ Syaoran looks sooo hot and sexy when he gets serious....and he looks so cute when he smiles^^

elementalgerad94
07-05-2008, 05:35 AM
I like card captor sakura better than tsubasa chronicles

Sailor Chibimoon
07-05-2008, 04:19 PM
I didn't think Tsubasa Chronicles was a magical girl anime.

Tsuji Miwa
07-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I prefer Trc. I like it beacuse they are all more mature, more action, and Fai and Kuro~pyon(a.k.a Kurogane) are very halarious.

yilin
08-28-2008, 11:06 PM
It's hard to choosE!!! I love both!!!
but, I prefer to TRC!! ^^
I don't know why! LOL!

myyrkhaztic
09-01-2008, 11:04 AM
i prefer TRC. i like the mature ones. but i also like CCS, so kawaii!.

yeng23
09-02-2008, 07:27 AM
css..^^

WIXIE
09-06-2008, 11:37 PM
It's hard to choose leyh!!

I think CCS is better because it ends fast and atlast Sakura confess her feelings

I also think TRC is better because Syaoran sacrifice a lot for Sakura and Mokona, Fye and Kuro-chan live up the story

Only that TRC is very long...! When will the end comes? This TRC also got too much saddies and always sentimental...

jnLL
09-07-2008, 01:01 AM
for me, i like the TRC, not really sure why . . .
but there's something in it that moves me . . .
although CCS is kawaii . .
:]]

ZakuXSasu
09-07-2008, 03:06 AM
CCS is my fave....... it's just a little better (in my opinion :))

Varxtis
09-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Id have to agree with you GoodyLucky, my favorite by far is Cardcaptor Sakura for practically the exact same reasons.
Reasons for not appreciating TRC:
TRC had excellent points, and the first season was interesting.
The idea that Sakura and Li were, in a sense, together at the beginning of the show was great but it seemed like the chemistry was eluded thereafter due to Sakuras dilemma. yes yes, I get that its suppose to be about Li's undying love despite her not remembering, but 52 episodes of this got VERY annoying, depressing, and disappointing. This problem also effected Sakuras general personality to TRCs detremant, she was by no means the normal playful and cheerful character that I knew and love. They should have followed a similar story balance as CCS: first 26 eps is about finding feathers, last 26 is about some other obstacle, but at least Sakura and Li would be a happy-go-luck lovey dubby couple.
The Music for TRC was excellent, but if you match up the score/OST to Mai-Hime/otome, its far too identical.
The character design annoyed me. The animation was very clean and beautiful, but I think clamp tried to get a more mature feel and went with the "X" character style. I think this GREATLY withdrew the CCS value of it.
I was furious that the story progress advanced merely 13 episodes worth and just dragged it over all 52 episodes with comical filler that was not really all that funny or cute.

I wont even start with why I appreciate CCS ^_^ too long.

kaori_tenshi
09-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Sorry for the TL;DR here again...

I personally find Cardcaptor Sakura much more entertaining. (both anime and manga wise) Though, maybe that's just because Tsubasa is more of a Shounen type anime, while Cardcaptor Sakura is more magic-girl shoujo anime that appeals to girls. (not everyone, but me atleast)

The only thing that kept me into Tsubasa...was Kurogane and Fai. They are really interesting characters. But, Tsubasa being a shounen anime, it tends to drag on with the story having it kinda boring me. But Cardcaptor Sakura had those faults too. (Though, CCS re-bounded much faster that TRC does)

I also agree with Varxtis, the art style is much more clean than CCS (though, CCS was made some time ago, and TRC was brought in with new animation technology that CCS didn't have)

But TRC in my mind can't compare to CCS. CCS is a classic anime in my opinion. The love interests in CCS were amazing, and CLAMP did a wonderful job on portraying each one softly.

OKAY. I'm rambling, I'm sorry. I just love CCS ;___; <3

KiryuuChan
09-27-2008, 02:47 AM
I like card captor sakura better cause I'm a girl :) (http://www.animesuteki.com)

Oathkeeper-Airo
11-02-2008, 08:41 PM
CCS for me because I love magical cards and cute battle costumes.

Nariel
11-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm having trouble deciding....

I haven't seen any of the Tsubasa anime, but I've read pretty far in the manga. It sort of drags on a bit. I love seeing all the characters from other series, heck, the Clamp School Detectives were in part of it.

CCS is totally kawaii, plus it actually ended, so I kind of liked that.

I like the music from both. Tsubasa has more action, but CCS goes more into detail about relationships, like Sakura and Tomoyo, and so forth. All the relationships in Tsubasa are 'shrouded in mystery' which, I guess is part of the plot, but....

I think I like CCS better. That is the result of this ramble.

justYOURdoll
11-03-2008, 04:03 AM
Tsubasa hands down. The whole journey kind of sucks you in and it's got some really great twists.

With Card Captors, it gets pretty repetitive.

October.
11-15-2008, 07:52 AM
i like ccs more because its funnier and cuter. not that i don't like Tsubasa Chronicles. http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_178797491ed403ec086.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=38328)

Mystical.
11-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Tsubasa is better. Thegraphics are way advanced, there's lovely soundtrack, and the characters are better. CCS suddenly became old...its boring now and kinda predictable.
I think the same thing.
I like Tsubasa better because of the characters, they're funnnier, cooler, and better. They have an intresting life and all that. The storyline can be epic sometimes, and I like it. I got bored of CCS anyway.

LittleGirl
11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
It's hard to say since I haven't seen too much of Tsubasa yet. All I know is I love CCS. It was super cute, and funny. I think I would choose CCS.

DarkMoonPrince
11-21-2008, 12:02 AM
CCS = cute/kawaii and at times repetitive,
TRC = long and sentimental, more sensitive to some.

So i'm going with CCS, it's plainly cute.

NeoBahamut
12-02-2008, 10:29 AM
4 me I guess TRC coz its a mix of clamp characters so CCS characters will also be in TRC only modified a little...Besides Mocono is cute n funny ^_^

Moko Chan
12-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Hmm I say Cardcaptor Sakura why? I love it, its cute and I havent seen Tsubasa yet.

fyereen
12-02-2008, 01:24 PM
i'd prefer TRC... don't know why... maybe its because the storyline was very interesting...:closedeye

honeysenpai17
12-02-2008, 01:59 PM
i am used to CCS than TRA

infinityvalencia2000
12-10-2008, 07:49 AM
I think i like TSUBASA better:) . It has a cute twist to the sakura of CCS and syaoran [i think] is even more courageous. Although i'm still not so sure because i don't watch CCS too often.:p http://www.narutowallpaper.biz/Sasuke/Evil-Sasuke/

Chiloves1
12-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Pretty much a CardCaptor Sakura fan. I like both English and Japanese Versions. She has so many pretty outfits in CardCaptor Sakura. That's by far the most beautiful part about her and her personality.

I'm pretty in love with all the music from Card Captor Sakura such as "Catch you, catch me and Fruits Candy" but I don't mind Tsubasa for a new story centering around the character but I'm not a fan of the art style much. No offense or anything.

DarkMoonPrince
12-12-2008, 12:18 AM
CCS is my fave, even if i think TRC is more funny xD

Inoxkibaxsakuraxsyoaran
12-21-2008, 05:12 AM
ccs

skinnyp
12-27-2008, 12:14 PM
I like TRC more. The mature feeling, excellent score, and drawing style won me over. I liked ccs a lot too, it's among my favorite anime, but trc definitely takes the cake. I admit the anime was rather slow, 52 episodes most of which were filler, but OVA is awesome and the manga just keeps getting better. I did however, like the simplicity of the ccs plot and the 2nd OVA a lot. Despite all this, TRC still takes a slight edge.

danparker
12-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Well, I moslty like Cardcaptor Sakura. I only watched one episode of Tsubasa Chronicles.

kajikun16
02-25-2009, 09:09 PM
trc because it has more plot to the story with random characters from other clamp series

Bibi of the Blue Sea
02-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Wow, I really don't like this question. The two series are completly different even though the same characters are being used. TRC has absolutly nothing to do with the young Sakura who lived in Tokyo and collected the Clow Cards. However, because I chose to respond to this thread, I will have to choose between the two.

I have to go with CCS because I love the original Clamp artwork and CCS happens to be on my all time favorite manga list. I really don't like the new age Clamp artwork. TRC has a good story line and all, but I feel there's way to much going on.

Gjallarhorn
02-26-2009, 12:51 AM
CCS. TRC is just a failed attempt at CLAMP stacking up long-running-shounen cliches to get in on the popularity of the genre.

In fact, most of CLAMPs recent works (pretty much everything post-Chobits) is pretty iffy.

mstrmnd48
02-26-2009, 12:28 PM
I'd have to go with trc.

Teddy2116
02-26-2009, 12:33 PM
TRC
I love CCS but TRC is better by far
the story line, the action, the characters
yea I'm just hooked more on TRC

SigmaSD
02-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Well I've watched Tsubasa Chronicles recently, and I really enjoyed it more than CCS. It just seemed more mature to me, and Fye-san and Kurogane were some of the best Clamp characters I've ever seen.

SweetChoco
02-26-2009, 10:09 PM
i like card captor sakura because this is all how it started for sakura and syaoran

Dead rose
03-07-2009, 10:31 AM
i like TRC better than CCS.

MakuHari
03-07-2009, 07:04 PM
I like CCS because it's cute, unfortunately I've only read the manga, I haven't watched the anime. I will one day though lol. But even though I think CCS is really cute, I have to say I like TRC more. They're more...well they're older. Plus a lot of the characters are simply eye candy that doesn't make you feel you're in the wrong for liking them. >>; Not to mention that TRC has a LOT of other CLAMP work mixed into it. I find it amazing how well they were actually mixed. I've read all the updates so far with the manga and I started watching the anime but I lost track on what episode I was on. ^^;

Gjallarhorn
03-08-2009, 12:45 AM
i like card captor sakura because this is all how it started for sakura and syaoran

You do realize that CCS and TRC are not related, right? There's no continuation. CLAMP just re-used the character designs.

reno_rufus
04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Card captor Sakura is much better.. Maybe because TRC's story is too long.. And there's some ep that looks ridiculus to me.. Like when they found out that a guy (forget who) is acctually made of Sakura's feather. And what did they do? Just stare at those feather, doing nothing.. What the?!

Crimson Tears
04-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I would have to go with TRC. I think it is pretty awesome how the plot is set up and everything. Plus I love Kurogane. ^^ His sword skills are awesome. ^^

+Lynne Hanako-hime+
05-24-2009, 11:42 PM
I like CCS more... *shrugs* I dun know, I just do. :)

Star Gazer
06-10-2009, 05:18 AM
both r cool!!

Chibi Angel-chan
06-13-2009, 01:06 PM
I like Tsubasa Chronicles better, theres more to the storyline and characters, but CCS is still cute ^-^

JustPlaying
06-14-2009, 01:30 AM
Same here I love TRC for thier plot and the mixture of all the clamp character. I love how they do it though. In plant surprises and twist to the story line =]! Can't wait Till season 3 x]!

kurai_cho2
07-09-2009, 11:01 PM
I like TRC... b'cause I really like Syaoran grow up

LeeXiaoLang
09-04-2009, 01:37 AM
un......
TRC? CCS?
actually, I love both...
anywhere, if there already SxS I always love ><~~

for me, CCS is cute and funny. CCS also had a bright plot. and not darker...
anyone can watch it. it's not make people confused^^

and, TRC is darker than CCS. TRC also had Complex story, which can make many people confused, this story will be ok for 15+.

yeah.. it's only my thought.

★Kiwi-Berry
09-04-2009, 01:43 AM
This looks like another show I am going to have to go see ^^ haha my list just keeps getting bigger and bigger!!!! Oh where will I ever find the time?!? XD

RanChii
09-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Card Captor Sakura is WAYYY much better than Tsubasa Chronicles!

Did you see the characters in TRC? They are so thin! They are malnourished D: .

Plus, I am not a fan of the story.

.xox.

OtakuInu!!!
09-05-2009, 04:37 AM
I like Tsubasa chronicle more. Well I never really watched CCS, but even so I'll like Tsubasa more because it has a greater cast. But my opinion might change when I watched CCS.

Prisi
10-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Say does anyone know why Sakura from CCS appeared out of no where in the TRC OVA 3?

Well i guess that you'll have to read TRC manga till the end to find out..
but anyway i noticed that a lot of people don't like TRC because of the anime... i agree.. you should try reading the manga ^^
i loved CCS when i was a child. i still do, but i just prefer TRC now because of the incredibly complicated plot (i insist, you have to read the manga, not the anime) it just draws you more and more into it... although there's a lot of plot holes:closedeye
TRC- great story.

chii-chan91
11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
hmm... i like them both for different reasons- cause whilst it took me longer to watch TRC and i REALLY got into CCS, that doesnt mean that i prefer CCS over TRC... which is kinda confusing really :S
Cause i love the magical element of Sakura and the character- and then using Syaoran as an antagonist really amused me (the scenes where hed randomly appear behind her and scare her- and then the blushing :3 ) but i also like mature Syaoran- i dont know, i guess ive always just considered them as different series up until now :S haha which doesnt really resolve anything i guess...
but now its been mentioned the TRC manga gets into it more where the anime left off i think i may have to read it all to see what im missing out on ^^

lmae
11-19-2009, 07:47 AM
I like CCS better because TRC is very confusing, I stopped watching and reading the manga in the middle it was always the same thing happening over and over and over and over.

hayato-chan
12-27-2009, 07:26 AM
i think its da same! nice and beautiful stories!

trequel
01-02-2010, 03:55 AM
both of them were great >_<
though trc's story is more complicated

AngelicSmile222
01-03-2010, 11:11 PM
:) Cardcaptor Sakura forever! I like Tsubasa as well but it's just not as interesting as Cardcapto Sakura. Plus Eriol isn't in Tsubasa, and he's my favorite character =)

Dreams
01-09-2010, 08:57 PM
I like CCS, TRC's plot is just a tad too confusing, it was good up to a certain point, but then afterwards it was a spiral of confusion. (If you read it beyond a certain chapter, you'll know what I'm talking about....right? LOL) It's an interesting yet cliche concept at the same time, but hey, I liked the art, the character development was alright,but overall I'll have to go with my childhood favorite (:

Kaname Shikara
01-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't know which I like better... o.o I love Cardcaptor Sakura because it's cute and fun to watch and I love Tsubasa because it is awesome and the story line is really good. Sooo both :)

ultra_maniac
01-10-2010, 11:53 AM
i loved tsubasa chronicles more than ccs