PDA

View Full Version : A Gentle Night (my first painted wall)

clowangel
02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
The concept of this wall is simple; a gentle night. I was going to add an anime creature or person, but I almost felt like it would somehow ruin the atmosphere so I left it as is.

The entire wall was painted by hand on Adobe Photoshop CS using my Wacom Tablet. It's my first time actually painting anything so I hope it's okay. The clouds look a little funky, but every time I tried fixing it, it turned out even funkier! Gyah. Clouds are tough even though they look so relaxingly puffy. >>;

Program: Adobe Photoshop CS
Time: 3.5 Hours
Layers: 13
Font: Scriptina, Vivaldi, Vladimir Script
Brushes: None

Attached Wall Dimension: 1280x960

I do have other dimensions: 1600x1200 and 1280x1024. So if you want them, just PM me or post in this thread.

As always, comments and critiques are more than welcomed.

Animousflavista
02-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Its great!
Are u using smudge tool for the grass?
I prefer the text to be smaller and have some dreamy look to suit the mood of the wallpaper.

Famahama
02-05-2008, 09:41 AM
you have a Tablet? Im jealous >__>;;

Well, im guessing everything is made up from scratch. Nice! The clouds are awesome. tho, it looks like they're only going for the moon O_o;;

Nice work! (may wanna darken the blue background)

OMG! the grass is glowing!

chadrew
02-05-2008, 02:45 PM
That looks amazing, good job! Except I think it might use some darker colors, dunno, maybe it's just my screen :rolleyes:

devilsmaster
02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Awesome art.I really love it.Just watching it again and again.

clowangel
02-07-2008, 05:48 PM
@chadrew: No, it's not your screen. ^^ The colors are light. I think they look prettier that way.

@devilsmaster: Thanks much. =)

~*Red*~
02-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Clow, I like this wallpaper a lot. You've done a good job with it. I hope to see some more from you soon.

nichunter1
02-09-2008, 03:19 AM
Great ^^ I wish I could do things like this ^^. Nothing to say.

Goodylucky
02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
it looks so relaxing...

IchigoKiss
03-05-2008, 11:39 AM
I love it Clowangel it is very inspirational :rolleyes:

MuZ0NaZ
03-06-2008, 02:22 PM
If you're going the painting route, I have a few tips for you:
1) Avoid smudge tool (*especially* for clouds!) until you learn where to use it. It's the worst tool to use while you're still starting to get your grips on digital painting.
2) Try to use the hard brush to blend and to draw the ground, only then add bits of fog with the soft one. Soft brush should only be used for effects, not as your main brush.
3) Try to use a bit more contrasty colours, would make this look nicer - tho your grass is pretty good. Pure white is actually OK to use if you're going for the cartoony look.