PDA

View Full Version : Someone pleeeeease help?

CeltsLass
02-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm new to the boards - new to anime, actually - but I had the brief opportuinity to see a movie on Animidnight a while ago (like, a year) and have been trying to find out the name and rest of the storyline since. I was only able to watch about 20 minutes or so of the beginning, and about 10 minutes of the end, but this is what I got from it. If there's ANYONE out there that can help me find out what the name of this is, I would REALLY, Trully, appreciate it.

1. It seemed like either men and women were on opposites sides, or there was a group of female "pirates" that the military was fighting aginaist.

2. It was based mostly in space.

3. A secondary military character underwent - believe it or not - a sex change to become female to infiltrate the women pirates, and then chose to remain female at the end (I think), because she/he had a thing for another male character (who didn't know until the end that she/he was originally he)

From what I've been able to find out, it almost sounds like Vandread, but I can't find enough info about the Vandread storyline to make sure.

Can you please help me? I thought this storyline was so different from the usual sci-fi, and am really disapointed I can't find it to learn more.

Thanks!
CeltsLass

Ollie
02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Sounds like you're talking about Vandread to me.

Check the Wikipedia entry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandread

CeltsLass
02-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Ollie,

It is.

I did more digging after your suggestion, and I was able to find a spoiler-friendly site detailing more of the storyline

Thanks so much for your help!
CeltsLass

Ollie
02-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Nooo problemo. And now that the case is solved, I'ma lock this thread.