PDA

View Full Version : Teatime - Ah! My Goddess Tatakau no tsubasa

Animousflavista
01-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Just completed my newest wallpaper from latest Ah! My Goddess OVAs - Tatakau no Tsubasa (Fighting Wings):laugh:

The character vectoring using photoshop takes about 2 weeks :wacko:due to lack of time using Photoshop CS3 and the landscape drawn by me using Painter X plus Wacom Intuous 3 and took about a day (which is the day I post this).:rolleyes:

Comments are welcome~:p

Lune Cy
01-19-2008, 08:18 AM
it is nice..but very passive...the char seem not to fit in the background..
but in the overall...great job..keep it up ^^

if u have more...post them ^^

Animousflavista
01-19-2008, 08:29 AM
thanks for ur comment ;)

Yes I also notice that the character unmatched with the bg. I guess its the lighting.. coz with the sun at the back they should be dark I guess.. :wacko:

any more comments~? :rolleyes:

||-CrazyLuv-||
01-21-2008, 08:35 PM
it is nice..but very passive...the char seem not to fit in the background..
but in the overall...great job..keep it up ^^

if u have more...post them ^^

thanks for ur comment ;)

Yes I also notice that the character unmatched with the bg. I guess its the lighting.. coz with the sun at the back they should be dark I guess.. :wacko:

any more comments~? :rolleyes:

Yeah I think you both are spot on, also that combined with the distinct style used in both makes them seem quite out of place (the background being painted and the characters cell colored). The table is the biggest problem, seeming so out of place with the rest of the piece; it feels cartoony (for lack of a better word).

Also some parts look like you extracted the characters from some place else, which seem weird. Did you not use layers?

Anyway the concept is good and you did a good job recreating (or making) the characters. Keep practicing and be sure to post them up for critics.

Animousflavista
01-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Yeah I think you both are spot on, also that combined with the distinct style used in both makes them seem quite out of place (the background being painted and the characters cell colored). The table is the biggest problem, seeming so out of place with the rest of the piece; it feels cartoony (for lack of a better word).

Also some parts look like you extracted the characters from some place else, which seem weird. Did you not use layers?

Anyway the concept is good and you did a good job recreating (or making) the characters. Keep practicing and be sure to post them up for critics.

Maybe because of my lousy extraction, it seem weird alot.. the character is taken from the anime itself, which is not very good in quality, so while extracting the character, all the time I just guessing what is there.. -see the shot below..

I dont really understand ur question "Did you not use layers?",
but for the character vectoring I am using layer by layer coloring, but not for the landscape which is painted all in one layer.

Thanks for ur comment~;)

clowangel
01-22-2008, 04:15 AM
Hmm.. the vectoring job's a little sloppy.. Looks kinda cartoony.. and I agree with the rest of the comments above. I think the bg is very nice alone though.

Animousflavista
01-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Hmm.. the vectoring job's a little sloppy.. Looks kinda cartoony.. and I agree with the rest of the comments above. I think the bg is very nice alone though.

it is cartoon by the way ahahah..:ninja: I try to fix it as soon as I got my free time..

I thought anime is a combination between cel-shading colored character and watercolored style background.. so I thought the composition will work..

I need to do more research on this I think...:wacko:

thanks for ur comments, I really appreciate it.:laugh:

||-CrazyLuv-||
01-23-2008, 09:37 AM
First what I meant about the layers; you said that you vectored the characters which I assumed you did on its own layer without a background attached.
In some parts of the image (like the thighs of the girl in orange) you can see a white line (or other color) beyond the outline of the character which is common in extractions but not for something created on its own layer.

But I think what may have happened (since I had it happen to me) is that you resized the vectored image without merging the layers. In photoshop, when I did this, it made the layers peak out, making it look like I colored the image all wrong when I hadn't. So I copied the layers and made a merged image and resized that. Hope this helps.

it is cartoon by the way ahahah..:ninja: I try to fix it as soon as I got my free time..

I thought anime is a combination between cel-shading colored character and watercolored style background.. so I thought the composition will work..

I need to do more research on this I think...:wacko:

thanks for ur comments, I really appreciate it.:laugh:

Yeah now that you mentioned it, maybe the lighting issue you mentioned in an earlier post is to blame. It's just that something seems off and makes it feel as if the two didn't go together. But please keep up the good work, I hope to see more from you.

Animousflavista
01-24-2008, 03:34 AM
I got it now -crazyluv-.:cool:
About the white line on the thighs of beldandy (the girl in orange) that maybe I'm the one to be blame by not noticing it.. :banghead:
I do merge the layer before put it into the backgrounds (which is in separate file and resolutions).

I'll fix it but the problem with the composition still remains. I try to do another background for this, but not till I finish my latest wallpaper :)