PDA

View Full Version : GCT 3 takes, which is better?

Kaitou Ace
01-19-2008, 02:32 AM
So last night, it was cold and snowing/raining, so of course I had to get some shots of the city. I was down on 42nd, and with the colors and the steam, the statue on top of the Grand Central Terminal entrance looked interesting. I have 3 takes of it, and my question is, which shot is better? A reason would be nice too O_o;; (Personally, I think I like the first one more, but I know the sign isn't straight in it)

Thanks!

overwatch
01-19-2008, 04:08 AM
I am inclined to agree with you; the 1st carries a greater sense of atmospere, even thought the sign is not striaght that adds to the dark amboince of the pic.
The second image would be another good shot - but I would have liked to have seen all the sign - the end details are missing - and the makes it feel less then complete
Image 3 is good in that it is striaight, bit I feel that it is too bright in the backgroud - this is (IMO) a dark scene with a firey backgroud - and this image just does not carry that sense.

So - Image 1 is the best -- great shots!

wizz-o-matic
01-22-2008, 06:16 AM
First's contrast/brightness with the 3rd's composure :D

I'd try to PS the 3rd a bit ;)

International 4-8818
01-24-2008, 10:02 PM
For me i prefer the third one. They are good photo's i like the lighting and the filter you used but my only problem is the grand central station letters. I think it takes to much attention away from the real beauty of the shot. But still, the lighting is a very nice shading.

Mira Kaiba
01-24-2008, 10:51 PM
I like the first one best because of the wide shot and the clarity of the photo. However, I also like the second photo because of the height - it seems to add depth, and makes it seem larger and grander because of the additional floors of the building that are showing. Awesome photos! ^^

Key
01-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Agreed, the first image is much nicer than the other 2.
Emphasize on the building to the human figure. Clear and sharp.

2nd is kinda cut off the clouds and half of the background building. Emphasize on the human figure. But the foreground looks sharp.

3rd, hmm...blurry...

It's really golden-like...makes the whole picture looks grand-like...

(dear me...now I'm judging the photos... ^^; )

Kaitou Ace
01-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks for all the feedback ^_^

After going through things, and spending a bit more time in post, I think I have a final version that I am happy with. How does the attached image look? ^_^;

Aya_Strawberrie ♥
01-26-2008, 12:01 AM
the last is better than the others.... ^^
But I like the others too...=D

overwatch
01-26-2008, 01:08 PM
I like the changes - it looks sharper and more direct - the darkening of the image has certainly removed the slightly washed out feel of the earlier version. I also think that the cropping has helped to focus the subject of the image == well done