PDA

View Full Version : So dissapointed

Ball Tripper
01-17-2008, 03:22 PM
I've always loved eva but being broke and american I had to wait untill my sister bought all of the dvd's before I could see the whole series. On another note, 3 episodes per dvd?! Money grubbing *expletives deleted*.

But anyway I just finished the series, and after it's over I'm just like... Thats it?

I'm gonna watch The End of Evangelion later tonight, I really hope it's better.

*sigh* The journey is more important than the destination I suppose. Still a great series.

MomijiTMO
01-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah the last 2 episodes can really push fans away. I liked them but people who didn't want to accept that the whole series is just some replay in Shinji's mind, as he decides to either accept or reject instrumentality, probably will enjoy The End of Eva much better. The ending to the series is a lot more open and friendly than the film and I can't get over the alternate world with the totally opposite Rei. :3

Ikaruga
01-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Personally I didn't mind it, I mean it was kinda insane and realistic at the same time..

But then again, if you're expecting something epic, watch the End of Eva, it's awesome..

By the way, did you know you spelt disappointed wrongly?

Antares
01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
It al depends on what you wanted to see: an epic battle or an epic battle with a Hollywood ending: gets the girl, lived happily ever after and so on.

I loved the two final episodes of the series, and I just see "The End of Evangelion" as extra candy =)

ghost_in_the_shell
01-31-2008, 10:10 PM
I hated the "original" ending. I have read that the budget ran short and that was the result. Although one can accept it for its artistic value - I loved the End Of Evangelion. I thought THAT was a true ending.

MobilepoopGundam
02-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Heard end of EVA was just plain terrible. A waste of time.

Ikaruga
02-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Seems like everyone has their own opinion on how the show should've ended, either as a postmodern ending, or apocalyptic ending.

I like either, though the with series you kinda got to see an alternate Evangelion with Rei and Askua all friendly - kinda like in Angelic Days.

ghost_in_the_shell
02-01-2008, 06:21 PM
It just seemed to build and build then almost fall apart - but 90% of it was so good that I accepted it.

Of course, everyone may differ on this one :) Which is why it's still talked about to this date maybe?

Ikaruga
02-03-2008, 04:41 PM
It just seemed to build and build then almost fall apart - but 90% of it was so good that I accepted it.

Of course, everyone may differ on this one :) Which is why it's still talked about to this date maybe?

Well some fans just thought either it was a fantastic ending to an Anime - not just another mecha series. Or thought that they put a seriously bad ending together, the director got death threats and all that...

Lol.. That poor guy.. I've actually been reading his success with Gainax in an autobiography you can buy.

ghost_in_the_shell
02-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Even though I was disappointed with the ending - it still is burned in my memory as one of the greatest series I have ever watched - Anime or not. I remember telling myself I was going to watch an episode a night - MAYBE two. I usually ended up watching as many as I could fit in without losing TOO much sleep for work the next day. I was so involved in the series that I remember asking myself - do I really want to watch the last episode? Because then the greatness of Eva will be over!

haha

Yup. Imma nerd.

mythroch
02-08-2008, 04:47 AM
I like to look at both the end of evangelion and the last two episodes as a set. all through the series the focus has been on both the physical aspect of instrumentality and the mental aspect. this split along about episode 23 and the series ended with the instrumentality of shinji's mind while the End of evengelion was the physical ending. so in my mind both endings are necessary to complete the Eva series. there is no hate one and love the other.

[H-Es.]
02-08-2008, 06:52 PM
The entire series and movies are a 10/10 IMO. I am glad I bought all the DVDs :D