PDA

View Full Version : DO You Watch Bleach subbed or dubbed and why?

_Shinigami_
01-06-2008, 01:05 PM
i Watch Bleach Subbed because the backround sound and sound of the characters sounds more exiting and realistic same goes with naruto:ninja:

:ninja: _Shinigami_:ninja:

Souhi
01-06-2008, 01:14 PM
I watch subbed because it's obviously more recent, and I'm very much attached to the voices.

The dub was actually done quite well. The voices for the majority of the cast, fit fine, and there was really only censoring in a few words and blood. The original soundtrack remained (which I really appreciate), and everything "Bleach" is intact really. I'd recommend it if anyone were just starting out.

MysticEntity
01-06-2008, 01:18 PM
I agree with you 100%. :p I think that goes for pretty much all anime except for FruitsBasket (The Jap voice acting for Touru was pure creepy). I actually never seen dubbed Bleach. o_O

onigiri princess
01-06-2008, 01:44 PM
i like watching dubbed more, because it's literately impossible for me to read and watch at the same time :P
XD the voices in bleach isn't bad at all really, their better than those high pitched squeaking voices like Tokyo mew mew XD (i like TMM subbed ^-^')

shikamaruluv13
01-06-2008, 01:49 PM
i watch the subbed mostly because there are definitly more episodes
the dub is ok too i guess,but i think about 2 or 3 of the voices could have been picked differently

_Shinigami_
01-06-2008, 01:53 PM
i watch the subbed mostly because there are definitly more episodes
the dub is ok too i guess,but i think about 2 or 3 of the voices could have been picked differently
i also forgot to say that{there are more ep. amd i have no choice but also the ices could have been picked defferently i m not saying that the dubbed vices suck. im just saying the subbed vioces are better fit and it sounds cool in japenese

onigiri princess
01-06-2008, 02:02 PM
yep no doubt about it that Japanese sounds cooler! XD

Elphaba
01-06-2008, 02:20 PM
japanese sounds so much cooloer than english.

omniking3
01-06-2008, 02:49 PM
subbed. It has a better feel to it. My pririty list is subbed, manga, dubbed.

Miss Tsukkii
01-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Subbed, cause when I started to watch Bleach, it wasn't out in America yet, so I got used to the japaneses voices and all, plus, I don't want to re-watch ALL the episodes till it catches up with the japaneses ones. I DID look at the dubbed version and I prefer the japaneses voices so >.>

sataned
01-07-2008, 12:28 AM
i think both bleach subbed and dubbed is good but id prefer to watch it in English since i dont have read anything... just watch and listen ... i got up to like episode 150 around there, in japanese though im waiting for the english episodes to catch up and its probably gonna take like another year or 2 =__=

ChibiNaruto
01-07-2008, 12:43 AM
I can't stand the dubbed voices. The original voices for male characters makes them aggressive, masculine and they just fit perfectly well for the character. They also don't hold back, whereas dub has to apply to certain regulations and rules (depending on the country).

I'm not too fond of dubbed anime shows at all!

Anita Tseu
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Hm...I say Sub, subs are mostly always better than dubs...>_>; and because there are more episodes with subs...its just easier to watch...yeah...

Souhi
01-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't say subs are better than dubs. They just often try too hard to make their English voices alike to the Japanese counterpart, and it just rarely translates well. I really do think Bleach did a good job considering the major popularity and fan following that had to be pleased.

Besides, not everyone enjoys reading subs over watching something naturally in their own language, censorship aside.

shirogane_hitsugaya
01-08-2008, 06:15 AM
i watch it subbed........i just love those japanese seiyuus.......their ir-replaceble!!!

Lune Cy
01-08-2008, 06:30 AM
i dont watch dubbed versions of anything...just subbed for me ^^

Brojasu
01-08-2008, 10:16 PM
subbed, though I watch dubbed too

naotavespaboy
01-09-2008, 02:33 AM
Subbed every time the characters just don't sound right with American accents.
I have watched it dubbed too to see what its like plus you sometimes notice different things as you aren't reading whilst watching.

S4suk3
01-10-2008, 11:51 PM
I watch subbed because...even though they speak Japanese their voices are way better than dubbed. Also the characters have more of an expression when talking, I've never watched any episodes of an anime in English...=]

Arcxcia
01-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Subbed! Obviously! Who wants dub??? It's really bad. No feelings at all. Oh... I prefer the Japanese one..

naotavespaboy
01-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Spot on Dubs are horrible. I often have to convince people to watch the original Japanese voices for some reason though........

Zidarri
01-11-2008, 01:39 PM
The only time I will watch dubbed anime is when I can not find subbed episodes. I hate dubbed shows. It takes all the -originality- away from it.

-Using the word loosely here. I mean it takes away from the original form-

Also, just learn to read faster, if you're having problems reading/watching.

Asriel
01-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Yup.I watch it subbed and japanese does sound way better then english.

Magisha
01-11-2008, 07:48 PM
I watch BLEACH with English Subs, because there's more emotion in it and it sounds more natural, I guess. . . O___o

Arcxcia
01-11-2008, 08:24 PM
The only time I will watch dubbed anime is when I can not find subbed episodes. I hate dubbed shows. It takes all the -originality- away from it.

-Using the word loosely here. I mean it takes away from the original form-

Also, just learn to read faster, if you're having problems reading/watching.

Yup, agree with you!

LonlyShinobi
01-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Subbed, just for the voice quality and the fact that its the real words (most of the time). its just better.

Gizoku
01-12-2008, 01:31 AM
I watch BLEACH with English Subs, because there's more emotion in it and it sounds more natural, I guess. . . O___o
=D Presicely.

Kimera
01-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I watch the subbed episodes... Why? Because the japanese voices have more emotions :) And im trying to learn one or two japanese words :laugh: And most importantly... The english dub always annoy my ears /i always watch anime whit the original dub.../ But the dub in Hellsing is the only engl dub i liked... ever /for now of corse ;)/

小美ドクロchan
01-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Subbed all the way. >_> I do like some of the dubbed voices but they change the script to something REALLY lame sometimes and for me, that's a big NO-NO.

Ec[lips]e
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
I actually got into Bleach on the dubs, when adult swim first picked up the series. Eventually I picked up the subs though because I wanted to catch up to where the series is actually at!

Now that I've seen so many in sub'd form, the dub voices just don't sound right and I actually prefer the subs.

Souji Seta
01-23-2008, 04:42 AM
I like Bleach in japanese, subbed or not doesn't matter, not to brag but I can speak japanese. I haven't watched the english dubs yet so I don't really know if it bad or good.
But the names of the zanpakutos are in "deep" japanese and can only be said properly in the correct accent.
Ok for example, Byakuya's Bankai, the "Senkei, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi".
If it is translated to English (although I don't remember the exact words from the translator's notes), it says "Scene of the massacre, fluttery display of one thousand cherry blossoms". The difference is obvious.

There is also another dub of bleach which I can consider a good dub, and that is the native language of the country I am currently in (going back to maryland in a month), and that language is Filipino.
I kinda like the dubbing, it has emotions and the zanpakuto names are said properly.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/12825447946962d2d16.bmp (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=24678)

"The life of a stray, is it something so wrong?!"

monkieezdaLAdzz
01-23-2008, 05:56 AM
I first got into bleach on the dubed episode's from adult swim but then i kinda downloaded some of them & im off and on with the dubs..i mean i watch the dubed version because well i think when you watch the subed version your kinda missing out on whats going on & more focused on what is being said...but in the dubed some of the words gets changed around & everything thats why i really like watching the subed...so altogether for me i would have to say i really like the both of them....again im on & off with everything

nichunter1
01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
I obviously watch subed just like naruto episodes :D cause for me reading and listening to japenese version at the same time makes me feal like I'm not even reading, I tried watching dubed lol but in the first minute I was having a hard time trying to understand what the hell they were saying ^^.

Sasaria_Genei_Ryodan
01-24-2008, 12:26 PM
subbed why you ask?
coz you can hear thier original voices and i enjoy it more
dubbed sux i really dont like it wen they dub anime

Lee787
02-07-2008, 01:17 AM
I definitely prefer subbed. To be fair, the dubbing for bleach is much better than some other anime that have made its way to america. Though theres still something about the original voices in japanese that just make it better.

Trisseh
02-26-2008, 09:14 AM
I like the subbed better, but dubbed Ichi's voice is soooo much better, it think.

Wicked Pleasures
02-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I watch bleach subbed because the english dubs are crap. the voices aren't all that good in english, but it's way better than naruto dubs...at least bleach doesn't completely butcher the characters.

Amer_Uchiha
02-26-2008, 04:10 PM
previously i used to watch the dubbed episode but now i watch the subbed episode because there are more episode and i think bleach is one of the best animes i have ever seen same goes to naruto

Kawairashii hikari
02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Some subbed. But most dubbed. I mean they DO come on Cartoon Network at night, and i don't ave to stay on the computer downstairs in the cold basement all of the time. If i had a lap top then i'd watch subbed all the time then. But I don't so oh well. -__-'

Animeonigirl
03-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I watch both because when Bleach was on Adult swim I was watching it but now since its not I'm starting to watch it subtitled

demonplight
03-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Subbed, I just like it more, the voices are better, and the dubbed is more accurate in my opinion.

sensei-zeb
03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
i prefer subs over dubs because there are more episode on it and that the dub sound a wack

Wizy
03-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Subbed because it has more emotions in it and sometimes they say something totally different in dubs then the actual script and that I hate..

hai
03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
i watch it dubbed because i can never folow the subs also it gets frustrateing when i cant understand half of what they say because the subs dont sub everything

Wio
03-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I have a basic litmus test:
Is the series complete?
Yes - Watch the dub
No - Watch a fan sub

For me, the sub voices are annoying as hell. English voices are far superior in every way.

Anyway, Bleach isn't complete so I have to stick to fansubs.

Ulquiorra__Schiffer
03-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Depends i watch bleach subbed because i started watch it that way.
But if you start watching bleach dubbed before you even watched subbed then stick with it.
I prefer subbed over dubbed because the voice says a lot over a character personality.

Cat-Chan
03-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I LOVE the subbed version! If I never saw the dubbed version in adult swim I might of never searched for the subbed version in the internet!

♥ Adult Swim! :computer:

dontshootme
03-12-2008, 01:16 AM
:ninja: I like to watch both. I’m quick enough to read the subtitles but when I laying down to take nap or go to bed, I like to watch the dub. The performances of both CV and VA are great but what grind my gears is that the editing of the dub is so annoying at times. I can over look that sometimes.:ninja:

Wio
03-12-2008, 02:04 AM
You CANNOT legitimately claim that the sub had better quality in terms of Bleach, because it didn't. The dub is just as good as the sub.

Anyway, I watch the sub because it comes out quicker.

Hautalken
03-12-2008, 02:19 AM
I watch the subbed version. There's real emotion and its the original stuff without anything censored...

CroSsplay!
03-13-2008, 08:58 PM
i also watch the subbed ver . the subbed ver is un tainted and is show in the way that the wrighters and artists wanted it to be watched.

qG.Shogun
03-14-2008, 01:18 AM
I watch the subbed way it makes me understand it better.

Chiko-Chan
03-15-2008, 04:22 AM

i agree i also like the subbed better, i think dubbed anime is bad

they should get rid of dubbed anime unless it's for small children then it's ok ^^

Dryaxx
03-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Subbed!!!! i hate dubs. it ruins the Animé xD

Interpreter
03-15-2008, 05:44 AM
I watch subs, its much nicer (and not to mention better) than dubbing!! I can't imagine the voices in any language other than japanese....

theblackmist
03-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I watch the subbed (I usually perfer subs since they are the original form) but I still put the dubbed on for fun if I am at home during the air time (this is a common thing for me to do with anime for some strange reason and it is a nice break from having to read subtitles).

The Monarch
03-15-2008, 05:23 PM
I like to watch the subbed version, It has alot of emotion in it

But the dubbed version is cool too. :)

Ensatsu Kokuryuu
03-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Subbed. Ever since I started taking Japanese, I've been instructed to watch subs to help reinforce the language.

Besides, there's a shorter wait, since it's the original. Dubs, on the other hand, take longer and will resort to reruns for obscene amounts of time if they begin to catch up to the Japanese version.

The dub cast isn't too bad...but I prefer the original seiyuu. (Then again, I've only watched one dubbed episode. ^^; )

In any case, I'm not around when the dub is airing, so subs are more convenient.

ryku isaigana
03-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Subbed and dubbed. Doesn't really matter unless the anime had some crazily horrible voice over or something.

Perpetual Specter
03-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Although dubs are typically annoying with the sucky voices, the Bleach dubs aren't actually too bad at all to me. I still prefer the subbed version though.

Saint Seiya
03-23-2008, 03:37 PM
subbed, cause its more recent

Tsukasa Aura
03-23-2008, 04:22 PM
I watch subbed for a number of reasons.

A)You can get i quicker off of fansubs on Bittorrent and IRC.
B)Its more excitimg/atmospheric/enjoyable.
C)Anime was made for the Japanese audience, and so it should stay in japanese.