PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Ichigo, powerful ally or enemy?

Souji Seta
01-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Hollow Ichigo is probably the most insane guy, I have ever seen in the world of anime. He fights whenever he wants to and tries t take control of Ichi-nii's body. But the vizards helped Ichigo control his hollow side for only 11 seconds (one of the vizards, Mashiro, according to Shinji can control her hollow side for 15 hours straight, amazing!!).
In the game, blade battlers, I encountered Hollow Ichigo thrice, one in story mode and twice in Battlers mode. I had to defeat him thrice to convince him to come along. Since the game is kinda based from the series (although some parts are not in the anime or manga like the time when Hiyori wanted to be a little bit girlish after being teased by shinji as being like an os-san or old man) so I think we haven't seen the last of this guy, he will return to aid or be an obstacle in Ichigo's quest.

"Why is it that one becomes king and controls the battle while the other becomes the horse and carries the king?

There is only one answer.

INSTINCT!!!

In order for identical beings to get stronger and gain the power they need to become king. They must search for more battles and power!
They thirst for battle and live to mercilessly crush, shred and slice their enemies!!
Deep, deep within our bodies lie the honed instinct to kill, to slaughter!!"

-Hollow Ichigo

Don't you think he's right? Hahaha!

DarkMoonPrince
01-05-2008, 11:37 PM
So basically hollow Ichigo's right, in order to gain more power and get stronger, they must search for more battles- to become the best of them all.

MysticEntity
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
He's an "ally" as long as Ichigo suppresses him. Like he said I suppose, he's Ichigo's instinct to kill, meaning that Ichigo would need his aid in battles since he's facing a bunch of merciless maniacs. Although I would rather say he's a dangerous ally, a bomb that would go off anytime. It's like befriend a lion, only one day he might turn around and devour you whole.

Brojasu
01-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I agree

LadyHuntress
01-08-2008, 10:58 PM
I agree with Mystic as well. Hollow Ichigo is like an important learning tool. Liiike... when you are hungry, your tummy growls or aches. When your life is in danger "survival of the fitest" causes you to defend yourself.

Of course, without control it can and probably will cause more problems for Ichigo..

Gjallarhorn
01-09-2008, 01:02 AM
It's not as black and white as you make it seem...the animators as well. Nameless is Ichigo's ally because it gives him strength, but at the same time and enemy, because he is a threat towards Ichigo's consciousness, and yet he realizes that if Ichigo dies then he too will die. Hence the whole "horse" and "king" metaphor. It's a battle for control between the two, which could easily go either way, and isn't actually that dependant upon who actually wins the batter, so much as Ichigo's stubbornness to let Nameless take control and Nameless's willingness to lend Ichigo his power.

TA'sSchizoidConscience
01-30-2008, 10:43 AM
:unsure: I think he is still an undecided person. He seems to want Ichigo's powers, but not to the exstent of death. He has helped Ichigo, like on the Exicution Grounds, but also hurt him, like when he fought Yammy. I don't know!:wacko:

XxTaintedxX
02-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Both...
he can be evil but he just needs to be dominated by Ichigo...

fire5
02-03-2008, 10:55 AM
i say both. he loses control of his hollow at times. but now he can control it.

Mega Man Zero
02-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Ichigo's an ally, but to his enemies, He actually IS an enemy to them. Also he is VERY powerful from what i've seen to episode 159 and how he releases his hallow energy to his enemy in episode's 155 - 157 to win in one hit.

Asriel
02-03-2008, 08:54 PM
..................=_=

..................This sickens me.
Hes an ally to them.Hes a true threat to anyone in his way or just happens to be figting ichigo at the time.if Ichigo dies,he as well dies,so he kills anyone apposing them.Hes truly an ally because without him,at certain times Ichigo would cease to be on the show.Hes truly powerful and that quota from the beginning post is true(I was laughing so hard when I heard him say that to Ichigo).So in other words hes an ally even if he does not choose to be.Although yes he does create problems for Ichigo at times but the best that Ichigo can do is learn how to control him.

Souji Seta
02-04-2008, 03:10 AM
HAHA, Hieko-san, you were laughing when Hollow Ichigo wa saying his speech? I was inspired. I like what he said in that ep. I recorded the speech on my cellphone and even memorized it (japanese)!
HAHA, I like it because it's true.

To all,
Ya all got some interesting points of view about hollow Ichigo. I sure hope that he shows up again and fights. His fighting style is intense and unpredictable unlike Ichigo who just slash, slash, slash. But him, he does everything to crush his opponent even throwing Zangetsu. I'd really like to see him in action again.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/128254479eff58894a9.bmp (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=25088)

Gin says Ikorose, Shinso
Buh bye

Asriel
02-04-2008, 05:50 PM
HAHA, Hieko-san, you were laughing when Hollow Ichigo wa saying his speech? I was inspired. I like what he said in that ep. I recorded the speech on my cellphone and even memorized it (japanese)!
HAHA, I like it because it's true.

To all,
Ya all got some interesting points of view about hollow Ichigo. I sure hope that he shows up again and fights. His fighting style is intense and unpredictable unlike Ichigo who just slash, slash, slash. But him, he does everything to crush his opponent even throwing Zangetsu. I'd really like to see him in action again.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/128254479eff58894a9.bmp (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=25088)

Gin says Ikorose, Shinso
Buh bye

Yeps lol.

That quota is funny but true like you said.I hope he does fight again.Gosh...........I haven't watched the show in some time now O.o =_=

Lee787
02-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Definitely powerful ally, as long as Ichigo has the will and instinct to fight. Im really curious as to the last words hollow ichigo said after ichigo beat him the second time, "if you want to really use my power, dont die until I show up again." I wonder how much more power he can offer, a partial hollow transformation, or something.

Souji Seta
02-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Hmm, there is something Shinji an do in vizard form that Ichigo could not and that is to use "Cero". I guess when Hollow Ichigo comes back and if Ichigo defeats him again, he would teach Ichigo how to use Cero. I guess that would be the case. It would be really cool if Ichigo could use Getsuga Tenshou and Cero at one attack, that'll be like using a nuke.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_128254479715f08cd23.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=24837)

I might look like I'm doing nothing
but on a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy.