PDA

View Full Version : The possibility of Ulquiorra being a good guy?

MysticEntity
01-05-2008, 05:21 PM
As an Arrancar, Ulquiorra is supposedly the bad guy, but sometimes I can't tell which side he's on. Maybe it's just my bad sense, but I think his logic is a bit.....let's say different from the normal bad guys. Like how he spares the enemy if he doesn't have a reason to kill them..(when he spares Ichigo the first time he went to the real world). And another thing...he doesn't really do much if he isn't given specific order, unlike other Arrancars, who would do whatever to torture their prey. So does that mean he doesn't have the thirst to destroy?
Perhaps I'm thinking too much.
I'm really wondering what are the chances of him being non corrupted.

http://images.aselabs.com/icon/xanime/pposts.png

Souhi
01-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Do you read the manga?

When he pierced through Ichigo's chest and left him to bleed out, dying, I was pretty sure that he was on Aizen's side.

You're mistaking lack of murderous intent for good. It's not that he's good natured, it's that he doesn't do anything unnecessary or that which has no real benefit to Aizen. He doesn't really go out of his way to cause mayhem, since he's not ordered to. Ulquiorra's the intelligent and calculating member of the Espada. Merciless as well.

MysticEntity
01-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Uh..Yeah. I read the manga. But since he's not as crazy as the other members, I expect him to be more than a badass character. It would be cool if he does have a good side.

Souji Seta
01-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Ulquiorra, having a good side? Hmm, that's an interesting point of view.
He ain't as merciless and blood-seeking as the other espada, given that he is number 4 or quatro (is that right? I ain't sure).
Well anyway. I think he just hates to waste energy on someone he deems not worthy of killing or he himself detests fighting unlike the other espada.
But I think that if Aizen gives him the order to fight, he will fight to the best of his ability.

byakuya93
02-10-2008, 08:51 AM
It would be cool if he did turn to the good side but i agree with all you guys. he really follows orders and seems to respect Aizen a lot. The possibility rate of him turning against Aizen would be quite low. Chances are he might not. A possibility of him becoming a good guy? that would be quite amazing since i do "love" that guy.

I wish, too, that he becomes a good guy, I'm just not having high hopes of him becoming one.

Wio
02-11-2008, 03:23 AM
When Byakuya goes to Hueco Mundo, the arrancar he fights doesn't seem that evil at all.

Apollo and Kurotsuchi are one in the same. Even Noitora and Kenpachi have the same brute force approach. The Hueco Mundo is willing to wipe out an entire city, where as Soul Society is willing to wipe out an entire race(Quincy).

The only people who aren't evil in the series are the living people.

Souji Seta
02-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I don't think that Ulquiorra is a good guy just like my previous post. I think that Ulquiorra just has a hidden agenda. I actually think that he may be a Vasto Lorde class menos just impersonating to be a weaker than he really is.

Gizoku
02-27-2008, 07:41 PM
I dont think he'll end up being a good guy...he's alot more sensitive, but for all I think he'll be one of the last Espada killed...by Orihime or someother. Dont get me wrong, I like Ulquiorra just like the next Bleach fan, I just dont think its in the cards.

Asriel
02-27-2008, 07:48 PM
No way.I don't think He could be a Good Guy.I mean even though he may sometimes spare others,its not that hes somewhat good,that he isn't going to do anything else that won't help benefit Aizen in anyway,he sees it pointless to do any more than what he has to do seeing as it just most likely won't cause a difference or help.

OminousCloud
02-27-2008, 09:38 PM
I think he's just apathetic which is why a lot of people would say he might turn out to be a good guy. I really don't care either way to be honest.

sensei-zeb
02-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I think he's just apathetic which is why a lot of people would say he might turn out to be a good guy. I really don't care either way to be honest.

why is that?

sensei-zeb
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Ulquiorra is a bad guy because he was kicking the crap out of ichigo and you can see the malicious intent on his face

Souji Seta
03-16-2008, 09:02 AM
I just watched episode 162 and saw how Ulquiorra fight (nice color green cero). He was pretty ruthless dealing with Ichigo. So now I'm sure that he IS a bad guy. I am pretty sure that he is on Aizen's side.

jakun_kenpachi
03-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Ok anyone remember DBZ?
it would be bad if he turned good, just like vegeta.
Vegeta should have stayed evil! he got soft!

Do you want Ulquiorra being soft?

demonplight
03-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Ulquiorra, I think that he is just calm calculating and efficient. I don't think that he kills needlessly. He also plans things out rather than acts rashly. But then if you read the magna, some of them just appear to be on the other side, not bad guys.

Sagat
03-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Exactly what was said above. Ulquiorra is not a good guy. Evil is not defined by a guy laughing maniacally while drinking blood. Ulquiorra is analytical and uses cold hard logic - its a reason that Aizen trusts his judgment.

So .. no, totally wrong. He is loyal to Aizen and is very, very far removed from being a good guy.

The Monarch
03-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Who knows? :unsure:

PigFarts
03-16-2008, 08:11 PM
He's definitely on Aizen's side. What may be getting you confused is that he lacks emotion, so it's hard to tell what he is thinking.

But remember, Ulquiorra called Ichigo and the gang "trash" upon their first meeting: That's a sure-fire sign that he's on Aizen's side.

Ensatsu Kokuryuu
03-20-2008, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't be quick to make any assumptions either way. Ulquiorra seems very loyal to Aizen. However, very little is known about him. Besides, he is a very popular character...In fact, he was recently ranked 10th most popular in all of Bleach. For the sake of pleasing the fans, he may be kept alive and possibly forced to ally with Team Kurosaki.
However, since the HM arc, other Espada (with the possible exception of Grimmjow) have been offed. Ulq may be no exception.

CelestialMaidenofSilence
03-20-2008, 02:25 PM
I think that Ulquiorra may have the capability to become good, but I seriously doubt that will happen. He's my favorite espada but the chances that he turns against Aizen are extremely unlikely. Ulquiorra is incredibly intelligent he sees things that most people wouldn't pick up on, like why Orihime was allowed to say goodbye to someone. So I think that his apparent mercy is basically just him looking at the bigger picture and seeing possible advantages that other people would never see.