PDA

View Full Version : Anime or Manga?

Arcxcia
12-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Which one do you prefer? The anime or the manga. And why?

Kagome
01-02-2008, 08:40 PM
The manga by a long shot.

The manga has the real story, no fillers, no false characters, its done by the original creator AND it will have an END. UNLIKE the anime. And because reading is better then frying your eyes with pixeled color.

Anita Tseu
01-07-2008, 02:48 AM
I didn't read the manga...I watched the anime...I guess the manga would be better though ^_^

Professor Chang
01-27-2008, 03:38 PM
I never read the manga cuz i don't understanding as well as anime version

Elphaba
01-27-2008, 03:42 PM
i like watching anime better i spend to much buying all the manga.

Kagome
01-27-2008, 07:39 PM
i like watching anime better i spend to much buying all the manga.

So read it online dummy. There are scanlations of almost EVERY manga Every where on the web.

Yuuichi-sempai
01-27-2008, 07:47 PM
I prefer anime when it is in japanese, and has subs, because i enjoy hearing the language, which makes it easier to get used to, and i hope to learn japanese someday and it's easier to learn a language the more frequently you hear it. But i also very much like manga because i enjoy taking the time to appreciate the artwork as i'm reading instead if it passing by in a matter of seconds.

Sawada Ieyasu
02-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Either. As long as there's no crap in it. =D

And why that? I said so. e_e

IceBubleFlava
02-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Hmm.. anime. They move, and talk and bring characters to life. Manga will I'm not a reading type it usual bores me.(I like looking at the pics though) But sometimes, manga come on tv, and you wouldn't expect that the picture would turn out like that. I was amazed how they colored Hikaru no go.

Mega Man Zero
02-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I like the Show better because i've never seen the manga.

SuXrys
02-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Personally, I prefer anime. I know that maybe i SHOULD like the manga better, "cause its the original", but most of the times I do not! I just like to lean backwards and watch some good anime. The nice colours, the freedom of movement the charachter have that the anime-"magic" posseses that the manga don't. Its just better, still, some anime should have just stayed as manga, cause they are so freeking awfull! Like Ranma ; horrible pain for my eyes. ^_^

Goodylucky
02-06-2008, 10:45 PM
i like anime because it has colour and details, and I can learn japanese words from it when I am watching the japanese version.l

Phelyeg
02-20-2008, 01:13 AM
I like the manga better, I love style, and although some of the fillers are funny, the manga carries on with the story.

Kagome
02-20-2008, 03:17 PM
i like anime because it has colour and details, and I can learn japanese words from it when I am watching the japanese version.l

And this my friends....Is what we call A Weeaboo.

You want to learn Japanese-Take a class.

Of course-you could wrangle a real challenge and translate the raw manga, like I try to do. Another reason why I like the manga better.

Trisseh
02-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Anime, actually. I don't like the style the manga is done in really, and three years ago (or two?) I got the whole series on DVD in Japanese, so it was fun seeing the whole series while my friends were stuck with Adult Swim. Of course I started reading the manga after the ending of the anime, I stopped temporarily for BLEACH and Zatch.

Shana-Kins
03-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I like the manga a lot better because i hate the fillers in the anime. BLAH x_x;

hoshima haruna
03-30-2008, 04:09 PM
i like both. but if i had to choose it just depends on which it is. the anime for naruto is better than the manga but the manga for fruits basket is better than the anime

kenny_killer
03-30-2008, 04:12 PM
I prefer cookies. muffins are ok but if you dont get the icing right they taste very dry.

Anime, its more pleasing to the eye [for the most part].

Digital Dragon
04-13-2008, 11:51 AM
The anime, because if I had to sit down and read it I probably would not like it as much. And because of the colors, the pretty colors.

kagome_windy
04-13-2008, 11:59 AM
I prefer watching anime than reading manga becoz' there are some moments you can't just read you have to feel it^^

Krista Logan
04-13-2008, 12:01 PM
I prefer watching anime than reading manga becoz' there are some moments you can't just read you have to feel it^^

Lol. Yeah..I agree with you! ^^♥

S3PH1
04-14-2008, 02:46 AM
manga, the anime dont finish, anime sux >x<

TsuchiKin/Tayuya
04-26-2008, 08:44 AM
To be honest I like both. :D They each have their good points. In manga, the art and blood effects are better and you can use ur imagination more and in the anime, the filler episodes are funny and you can hear the voices and how to pronouce the names.;) :lol2: :grinjump: :yeahthat:

wowzabunny
04-26-2008, 08:51 AM
i like both because i can 0.o

jmf
04-29-2008, 05:19 PM
both are good in my opinion but the manga is better cause it's gonna have an ending unlike the anime did

animeloverkamichama
05-01-2008, 10:21 PM
i Loved the Anime videos because u can actually see them move and be alive and u can FEEL the ACTIon!!! anyway i dont really like manga Books...hehe

Shinigami Hilde
05-02-2008, 04:02 PM
i Loved the Anime videos because u can actually see them move and be alive and u can FEEL the ACTIon!!! anyway i dont really like manga Books...hehe

*coughfouteenyearoldlazylosercough!*

You can feel action and emotion in the way Takahshi draws her own charcaters. Why would you need to actually see them move? You have an imagination, don't you? Excercise it at some point and USE it.

I'd lean toward the manga more-cuz-as people have said-It HAS and End and there are no fillers.

Eternal_Flame
05-02-2008, 04:55 PM
I prefer manga because you can imagine the way the people are saying things. I think you can use your imagination more with manga, and that's why I like it.

I LOVE gaara14
05-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Well anime and manga are both very good, but i would have to say anime is the best because well there is like actions and movements and sounds. That isnt the best reasen it is just i cant choose so change that im mutual, nuetral, or in the middle! :)

sesshomaruisgod
05-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I'd have to say magna, becuase the story doesn't end there, and doesn't stop right in the middle like the anime.

Yuki Atsuma
05-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Anime because i'm kinda lazy and don't feel like reading alot x.x Anime takes up less time and is just more enjoyable.

CatalunaRei
07-06-2008, 01:19 AM
anime... sorry mangA luvers... i like the anime bcuz the manga is toooo long !
and on top of that u gotta get it online ...buy it on ebay at barnes and noblre or something...too much stress 4 something u can watch on tv w/ the flip of a switch.. u know, but ive read alotta the manga online. its Ok but ...i just prefer the anime

Tsuki.
07-06-2008, 10:54 PM
I like the anime BEACAUSE ot the fillers
most people don't like fillers but i think that it helps explain it more
I also like the manga but I guess it doesn't really matter if I read it or not :D

Kagome
07-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I like the anime BEACAUSE ot the fillers
most people don't like fillers but i think that it helps explain it more
I also like the manga but I guess it doesn't really matter if I read it or not :D

Mew...The fillers lie though...>.> Like that Kikyou and Inuyasha's past one near the end of the series...Yeah...That wasn't true. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against Kikyou, but that filler didn't ever happen.

O.o As for reading the manga...Of course it matters...If you don't then you'll never get to see the end of the series. The anime isn't going to continue you know.

Diocletian
07-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Manga.Why?Because It takes less time to find an important part.

hirokiaibalovex3
07-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I prefer the anime over the manga. I liked listening to the Japanese voice actors, rather then reading the 56 volumes of the manga.

FoxyDawn555
07-10-2008, 10:57 PM
I enjoy watching animes most as in animes u can see your favorite characters alive, moving.

ichigoangel06
07-16-2008, 09:01 PM
i like manga a little better than the anime.....the manga is somewhow is different and is better^^ has more of inuyasha and kagome moments:p

Chibi_Chibi
07-17-2008, 03:25 AM
i really like manga and anime :D but i kind of like anime a little more, 'cuz of the voices, movements, real action..
but manga rulzz 2.. if the anime stopped running, though the manga was still going out, then i prefer the manga

Deadeye31
07-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I like Anime more but I had to resort to reading the manga of Inuyasha since the last anime episode stops on chapter 356 page 15. The manga goes to the end, chapter 558.

Sapphire14
07-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Man this is tough. alright i got an answer. i like both.

I like the anime because you can actually see the characters and the scenes (especially the battle scenes:p ) come to life. and even though the fillers are "lies" some of them are actually very funny. whenever i'm in a bad mood or i'm in need of a good laugh and none of my friends are available i ALWAYS watch a filler. it gets me back into my good mood.

I also like the manga because it has an ending. and whenever i'm in a mood for some good reading, i always hop on my laptop (not literally) and read the manga. it also has more scenes and moments (well duh, it has an ending). the series is at the top of my favorite book list.:D

So say what you need to say about my opinions. i won't move. i'm like a 50 ton boulder. i'm very strong-willed and it takes A LOT to move me. i like both and there's NOTHING you can say to change my mind.

crazyflower
07-22-2008, 11:43 PM
i like both but i think i like manga better because i like to read.

GabsGen
08-24-2008, 04:45 AM
I like both, but i like the manga better. I mean, it actually HAS an ending! plus, for some reason, with anime and manga, whichever i see/read first is my favorite. i read InuYasha before i saw it, so i like the manga better.

SoRen-Ji
08-24-2008, 04:51 AM
That's a tough question...but i think i prefer anime, because i can hear the characters' voice...but sometimes i can sense it too when i reading manga xD, you know, felt like i were in the story or something...

PigFarts
08-30-2008, 05:21 PM
You, it's a rarity for me, but when it comes to Inuyasha...I totally prefer the anime. Only because the manga just dragged on and on. Yes, the anime just stopped, but could you imagine if they kept animating? The series lost a lot of its flair and I think the anime got enough of the story to remain really good.

I mean, I kept up with the manga, but I just enjoy the anime so much more, and that's rarely the case with me. I'm more of a manga fan than an anime fan.

Zenni-Kun
09-20-2008, 01:01 AM
i prefer the anime over the manga, i mean i like the manga its just easier on my eyes to interpret the colors on the show instead of the black and white pages in the manga.

Yuki's girl
09-20-2008, 12:03 PM
I prefer the manga to the anime. You get more information, and there are no filler episodes to waste time with.