PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh can it compete?

Lune Cy
12-26-2007, 05:41 AM
a friend introduced me with the trading card game YuGiOh...
i played before Magic The Gathering...and now im trying out the trading card game of World of Warcraft...

if u just look at the quality of the drawings...YugiOh..doesnt stand a chance..very childish..the game is nice to play the concept around it is nice...but the drawings...hard to look at it...
Pokemon is childish aswell...infact it was the first trading card game i ever played...i played it for a long time..but..with Yu-Gi-Oh..it lasted only for 2 weeks..
Who shares the same feelings about the drawings on the Yu-Gi-Oh card game?

its not taking down the YuGioh itself...since i was interested in the game aswell even it was for a short period of time..but more sharing my thoughts about it..

shane the ninja
12-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Well yugioh is initailly aimed at the young tcg players althoug some of the cards are to exspensive so only us mature players get to byuy them, also most yugioh booster packs are more visable to get for some tcg players than the likes of magic and wow tcg cards I only ever found one pack of magic the gathering cards in my area and I bought it taht was 2 years or so ago now I can't find anything with in a hours drive of where I live, so thats why most people may play yugioh not every one can get to places taht sell all the range of Tcg 's

Sanosuke23
12-26-2007, 09:41 PM
PROTIP: The art on the cards reflects the style of the anime. WoW and MtG have several artists that are free to use any style they choose.

Lune Cy
12-26-2007, 10:20 PM
PROTIP: The art on the cards reflects the style of the anime. WoW and MtG have several artists that are free to use any style they choose.

U are right about that...i watched a few episodes of YuGiOh..but i didnt like it that much..i prefered to play the card game without watching the anime series..i think that YuGiOh aims to have a wide spread amongst people unlike WoW and MtG...YuGiOh is more like Pokemon thats how i see it...any of you share or not share this opninion?

Sanosuke23
12-26-2007, 10:45 PM
It's a card game based on a show originally targeted at young Japanese boys, translated to actively compete against the likes of Pokemon, which was similarly translated to appeal to even younger children.

MtG on the other hand, is run by Wizards of the Coast. They have an established fanbase numbering in the millions, and Blizzard is just looking to cross-promote their MMORPG. So no, they're all trying to appeal to their own niche, which coincidentally overlap heavily.

Azrael91
02-07-2008, 06:48 PM
never played magic, but yugioh is cool.