PDA

View Full Version : Should they have switched death note for bleach?

kingdomfan123
11-29-2007, 08:58 PM

Animeonigirl
11-29-2007, 09:15 PM
no because they were getting to a good part in the Bleach series and now we have to wait until they start airing it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jose
11-29-2007, 09:20 PM
hm are you asking on adultswin if so thn no i dont think so Bleach is super long and Deathnote is not as long so i think it is smart to "get DN out of the way first"

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah.

A) Bleach is kinda lame.
B) Even Pirates would agree that Death Note is awesome.
C) The reason they took a break with Bleach is to dub more episodes (I'm guessing. I don't care enough to check).

smile1010
11-29-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't know.
I personally like Death Note better
But very dark....
Bleach has some humor to it...
I guess not.

bakakame
11-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Yes and no.

Bleach is a decent show, though it's in one of the more under-whelming and overused genres. I've seen most of the episodes and while I do keep watching I really lost interest long ago.

On the other hand, from the first 8 episodes of Death Note, I have to say that it kinda sucks. It's different, but for me it just fails in to deliver in too many catagories.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

CapnJack
11-30-2007, 03:13 AM
For the love of god, NO! They should have kept both of them on. And they were getting to the juicy, creamy, center of the season too. When it comes to anime I hate cliffhangers and Bleach is definitely no exception. Deathnote is an awesome series and Im thrilled that they brought it to telelvision, but its a 50+ episode show. 50 Saturdays people! Thats almost a year. Maybe they'll bring Bleach back after Blood+ ends though. Who could say, but it sounds like something they'd do. Maybe a month or two ago I would have said to bump Blood+ but that show is finally starting to pick up speed now and get serious.

Oh god it must suck to be a programming executive in charge of the anime for Adultswim. =P

Interpreter
11-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Well, stop the anime but retain the characters. XDD (bleach)

death note is incomparable!!!!

Asriel
11-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Well you could just watch it on your computer or just go out and buy the DVDs.
I do both,also buy the manga.
I use to not really be interested in Death Note but I totally am now and I think since it is shorter than Bleach that they should get it over with and that its okay.

Slumber
11-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Death Note is proving more interesting than Bleach has ever been, story wise. They DO need to get something bigger than "cat chases mouse" started soon, though. Just as Bleach should been shorted down or fastened the heck up.

natsucchi!
12-09-2007, 02:13 AM
Honestly,
i dont really like death note...

bleach a lot better...

enlightenedshadow
12-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Bleach is by far my fav anime
Death Note is equally good ^^ Its keeps you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end!

rubberbabybuggybumper
12-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Okay, I don't think they should have replaced it.
What they should have done was added it to the line up.

The Adult Swim block runs from 11pm to 2:30 am. At the time of the switch they aired, Ghost in the Shell, FMA, and Inuyasha after Blood+. They already show Inuyasha on weekdays, do we really need 6 nights of Inuyasha.

Originally, when Bleach first aired it was on at 11 not midnight. I remember because there was something else that I wanted to watch at that time and I got angry at the schedule. They moved it to make room for Futurama and Family Guy (now Boondocks) which were already being aired during the week. They definitely could have changed the schedule to accommodate Death Note. Like replacing Inuyasha and moving things around so Death Note aired earlier.

All I'm saying is that they could have modified the schedule.

Zidarri
12-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Death Note both have their good points, and bad points. While Bleach is more of an action-based genre, Death Note is thriller, and criminal mastermind-based.

Both are good, for my tastes, but I don't watch Adult Swim, because dubbed anime blows.

jewel2sparkle
12-09-2007, 07:56 PM

Yes. And to avoid a very short post...again, I say yes.

Variados
12-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Uh...I think it is good that they put Death Note, Bleach is good and all but they just need more time with the anime, and besides I was getting bored.

Shinigami Hilde
12-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Shouldn't put either on...The dubbed versions of both Bleach and Death Note suck hardcore crap.

Antieverything
12-24-2007, 04:02 AM
Adultswim's website said that they just ran out of english dubbed episodes,so as soon as the next set are done Bleach will return.Even though that is the worst possible spot to quit on!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead: You can go to youtube and watch english subbed versions or download them off of www.thepiratebay.net.
(just make sure you have uTorrent or bitlord to download with)
Deathnote is a cool show though,it's very well done.No action,but plenty to leave you thinking about.It's a hell of lot better than the stupid shin chan.

shooting-star
12-24-2007, 05:55 AM
yes & no.
i like both Bleach and Death note and think both should be aired but ...
i would like Bleach more then Death note ...
but asJose 101 said Death note is shorter so it would be smarter to air it.
but i do like Bleach more then Death note ^_^
so i would pick Bleach

Brojasu
12-29-2007, 06:00 PM
I really love both, but that was a stupid decision for them, especially since it was getting to a big part. They should have just replaced it with 1 of the million reruns they play on adult swim

golden eyes19
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
I wish they hadn't switched it up. I love Death Note and Blood+ on the weekends, but cut the freaking reruns! They need to just have all three airing new episodes on Saturdays rather than continue on with the stuff everybody's already seen.

Count Cutflaik
02-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Death Note > BLEACH

NovaStar
02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
I wish they hadn't switched it up. I love Death Note and Blood+ on the weekends, but cut the freaking reruns! They need to just have all three airing new episodes on Saturdays rather than continue on with the stuff everybody's already seen.

This is Extremely hard to do seeing as All of Death Note and Blood + Hasn't been dubbed yet, and Bleach has been in constant reruns.

You won't see new D.N For a while, and you certainly won't see new Blood Plus for a very long time. as neither has been dubbed( I know to my knowledge that B.P is only up to episode 25 Dub

So, have patients. it'll be done eventually.

Flah Blah
02-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I prefer Death Note over Bleach even though Death Note itself got disappointingly way too predictable towards the end.

Memento Mori
02-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Personally, I'd rather watch Death Note. And I know a certain someone will kill me for saying that. (I still like Bleach, don't get me wrong). But, seeing has how I'd rather watch new episodes of Bleach then re-runs, it's really for the best that they replaced it with Death note so they could make more dubbed Bleach episodes.

Even so, they're still showing re-runs of Bleach...when they could be showing Cowboy Bebop or something I'd actually wanna watch. And...they're still showing Inu Yasha. Which, they should have stopped showing that the second time around. Luckily they show it when I'm asleep. Because I'd fall asleep anyway watching it.