PDA

View Full Version : Kikyo: Good or Evil?

Shuuhei'sChick
11-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Okay. My friends and I have been trying to figure out who's freakin side Kikyo is on!! Its been driving us crazy! So I'm asking you the readers to tell me what you think and why.

Personally I think the clay pot is 100% evil. Maybe she was good when she was alive, but now she's just evil.

So what do you guys think?

Amyrat151
11-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Not evil, she is, like most of the characters, fighting against Naraku, who is the source of all the badness in the series. Her methods of how she fights against Naraku calls her character in to question. She is arrogant, believing that she alone can defeat Naraku verse joining forces with InuYasha and group or her sister. And of course, the fact that she even exists by taking souls for others. She's ecesencally a parasite. She also took most of the spirtual powers she now has for Kagome. Kagome is unable to devolpe her powers to their fullest because of Kikyo. The person who was Kikyo in her life was a good woman who's only offense was that she grew tired of fighting, and wanted a life of her own. The empty clay vessel who only has a piece of her soul and sucks the souls of others is a negative force in the series. And would serve the story, as well as all the characters, best if she allowed herself to die. Giving Kagome all the powers that she should have, and allowing InuYasha to move on with his life.

Shuuhei'sChick
11-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks a lot. Wait till I rub my friends nose in it! I was right!!! Whooo ^_^

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-28-2007, 08:53 PM
SHE EATS SOULS. Liches are insta-evil. I don't care if she runs a puppy-orphanage, if she's eating souls she's evil by definition.

Kagome
11-29-2007, 12:27 PM
She's niether good, nor evil...And she's NOT A LICH. >\

She was an oxymoron...an on purpose accident. She wanted to destroy Naraku and help the little people that needed help, but she didn't *really* care about anyone. She was was pretty much a clay flower pot with no flowers in it.

She's basically all of what Amyrat said...except that--She had her own powers...Never any of Kagome's. She was destroyed-and Kagome didn't get any stronger...she in fact became weaker. Though through no fault of her own. It was learned that the shikon no tama in Kags' body SEALED all of her true power away. Had nothing to do with Kikyou whatsoever.

(Besides-Kiks wasn't running on any fragment of her own soul...it was all hatred that kept her going-till the very end-when she threw the hatred all away-and the shouki from Naraku ate her hollow insides out.)

cute_wong
11-29-2007, 01:52 PM
She is just evil, since she eats soul...whatever the reason is

Ari_86
11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Shes not good nor evil..Shes Kikyou

SuXrys
11-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Well, she eats souls: bad girl
Fights against Naraku: good girl.

So can we just say that she is a a person, better or for worse? ("with both good and bad sides") :D

Amyrat151
11-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Higurashi Kagome, I guess I read some misinformation or confusing information about Kikyo's powers. But I asumed that Kikyo had a tiny piece of her own soul if she had all her memories, and she was able to limb away after Kagome took her soul back. So she must of had something. Maybe it was just all the darkness, and that's why Kagome's soul is as clean and white as hostipal sheats.
I don't know about her death and stuff. I've seen a handful of the anime, and read to volume 31 of the manga, since that's what has been translated into English.

Kagome
11-29-2007, 11:20 PM
It was more likely a good majority of Kagome's hatred-whatever hatred she had-and Kiks ran off of that...

But-if you want to read past vol. 31, just find scanlations of it. There are plenty of places on the web that have them. I've got a site with the most currant up to date chapters and stuff. Don't rely on the anime at all. It's tripe, and tells a lot of lies in it's filler episodes, so it's a good thing you haven't seen much of it.

ReccaReichiri16
11-30-2007, 12:27 AM
She's bad because she eats souls.

Amyrat151
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I don't rely on the anime, at all. I know that the manga is better. But I do enjoy seeing the manga come to life, in a sense. But yeah, the filler episodes, the misinformation (example: that Kikyo created the submission beads), and the reworking of some of the characters (shippo is much less annoying that they make him) makes me irrated with the anime, and I don't like anime in genrel all that much to begin with.
But please, point me to where I can find these scans. a web site link would be nice.

Kagome
11-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh, I know...That whole 2 episode thing where they had Kikyou be the one who made the kotodama beads made me so angry at the animaters...Kaede made it. The old woman is NOT that useless...x.x Besides...only the bits that were the flashbacks in the rest of the series before were true. All the rest was tripe, garbage, lies.

And I agree about Shippou. Kagome-also-is ten times more annoying and harsh in the anime then she is in the manga. In the manga she *rarely* if *ever* uses the command for the beads on Inuyasha's neck...In the anime she uses them like-every episode. It's pathetic. ::sigh:: oh well, enough ranting.

jewel2sparkle
11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Good? Evil? Psshh....how 'bout annoying...

dark_blue
12-01-2007, 01:37 PM
i'm not really sure that she is good or evil but i thing she is evil.

Amyrat151
12-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Not to mention they really make Kagome twice as helpless and damsel in distress-y in the anime. I want to yell at the screen, ok, she's not that useless. Same with Shippo in the manga he actaully helps out, verse just being there to be InuYasha's punching bag.
Thank for the tip about the scanlations. I'm reading 35 now, some really signifacant things have already happened, since volume 31.

Kagome
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Totally agree. Though-at the moment-Kags is virtually useless in the manga anyway...But-I won't give that away. I'll let you get to that point.

It's no problem. ^^ And yes...A LOT has happened since vol. 31.

Saiyan Destroyer
12-03-2007, 04:39 PM
I chose Anti-Hero. She's not a villain as she helps those who need it. She's not an hero as what she actually does to keep Inuyasha's group away.

I choose answers C and D.

C: Anti-hero
D: Female Dog

Amyrat151
12-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Well Kagome is storng, just not in obvious ways. At least at38, where I am, I love when she tells Kogua to put her down, because he was trying to carry her to a safe place, so she could help the group.
Anti-herion I think might be the best way to describe Kikyou, actaully. Well put.

lovelicious
12-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Yes, she eats souls. But, she fights against Naraku - which makes her doesnt look like evil anymore - at least for me. She is in the middle between good and evil? o.O

GreenTeaHyuuga
12-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Okay. My friends and I have been trying to figure out who's freakin side Kikyo is on!! Its been driving us crazy! So I'm asking you the readers to tell me what you think and why.

Personally I think the clay pot is 100% evil. Maybe she was good when she was alive, but now she's just evil.

So what do you guys think?
I don't understand why people hate her. =/ She helps people and she loves Inuyasha. Wow, that little wench deserves to die. -_- Anyway...I dunno...I can see why people call her evil. But if you think about it, Kikyo isn't the same as she was when she first came back from the dead. She used to be evil. Now, she helps Inuyasha and Kagome out. She gave Kagome that arrow to use one time. And it's not like she randomly just tells Naraku everything about the gang's whereabouts and totally tries to kill them. I think Kikyo is misunderstood. How would you feel in her shoes? Probably not the happiest person ever. =/ She was going to marry Inuyasha, then Naraku made them betray each other, and now that Kikyo's back and she and Inuyasha know what really happened, Inuyasha is running around with Kagome. I doubt anyone's going to jump into action and just become part of the gang when all that's happened. ._. That's just...obvious.

Sawada Ieyasu
12-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't understand why people hate her. =/ She helps people and she loves Inuyasha. Wow, that little wench deserves to die. -_- Anyway...I dunno...I can see why people call her evil. But if you think about it, Kikyo isn't the same as she was when she first came back from the dead. She used to be evil. Now, she helps Inuyasha and Kagome out. She gave Kagome that arrow to use one time. And it's not like she randomly just tells Naraku everything about the gang's whereabouts and totally tries to kill them. I think Kikyo is misunderstood. How would you feel in her shoes? Probably not the happiest person ever. =/ She was going to marry Inuyasha, then Naraku made them betray each other, and now that Kikyo's back and she and Inuyasha know what really happened, Inuyasha is running around with Kagome. I doubt anyone's going to jump into action and just become part of the gang when all that's happened. ._. That's just...obvious.

..Very obvious indeed. o_O; People are too close minded to think about who the character is and why he/she's like that. And no; she thought Inuyasha betrayed her; but all that time it had been Naraku. Like it was mentioned in a 'Inuyasha Countdown', in the second movie, it CLEARLY states WHY. Kthnx. Or you can easily ask or go look it up goddamnit.

Variados
12-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Kikyo is not evil nor good like many others said. She does not take sides. She is like Sesshoumoru...they are there just to add cool characters to the story and really without affecting the outcome of it. Except for the part where Kikyo gave the jewel to Naraku, but besides that, she is neutral for the most part.

monkieezdaLAdzz
12-11-2007, 05:35 AM
i say kikyo is kinda evil but then again she is mostly good just because she eats souls doesnt really make her evil its her way of survive-in wel to me anywayy that is what i think L M A O...

~*Samara*Densuke*~
12-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Kikyo, is definatly evil. Trying to take InuYasha down to hell with her, and taking souls from those who have died, and giving Kagome's Jewel Shard to Naraku, thats truly evil.

Kagome
12-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Kikyo, is definatly evil. Trying to take InuYasha down to hell with her, and taking souls from those who have died, and giving Kagome's Jewel Shard to Naraku, thats truly evil.

You have obviously not watched the whole series or read any of the manga...She did do those things-but:

A. That was the whole point of her still being alive after Kags took her souls back till she found out Naraku was the reason she thought she was betrayed. After that-She didn't try to take him anywhere. Let alone to hell.

B. She had to take souls so that she could walk and move...She had no choice. And it wasn't like she devoured them. They were frequently released and she had her Shindamachuu collect new ones.

AND

C. She was confused when she took Kags' shard. She was hell bent on destroying Naraku on her own, in her own way. She made a mistake...but face it...Kagome was going to loose the stupid thing to Naraku anyway. No harm no foul.

Not to mention-Kikyou has done MANY more good things then she has bad. She's saved lives, purified bad youkai, clensed souls, given people hope...Come on...the clay pot ain't all evil.

Amyrat151
12-13-2007, 04:31 PM
It's been awhile since I read that, when Kikyou took Kagome's shards, while it may be true that Naraku probally would of taken Kagome's shards forcefully anyway, still harm, and still foul. It is suppose to be Kikyou's duty to keep the jewel pure, not to make it more tainted, which is what her actions lead too.
I don't know, I've been thinking about her quite a lot. I have a theroy, big SPOILERS for the later manga chapters, after 500 and such.

This theroy goes along with the assumtion that Kagome is Kikyou's reincarnation. We find out that Kagome's spirtual powers have been sealed by the Shikon no Tama. That the demons inside the jewel fear her power, so they've been saping it out of her all her life. That she has much greater powers than she has shown in the series thus far, I think that Kikyou maybe in part responsable, but it was unintenishinal(sp?). Because it was Kikyou who was the one to suggest using the Tama to make InuYasha human in the first place, and since the Profiles tell us that she never quite loved InuYasha, or at least not as much as he loved her, that she wanted out of being a Miko and having the huge responsibilty of taking care of the Tama as much as she wanted to be with him, or not much more.
So when she was dying, her will was two fold, to protect the jewel, and not to have her soul continue fighting. So the demons took advance of Kikyou's will, in other words. And she got her wish, Kagome was a normal girl for most of her life. But then, I think, fate had other plans and brought Kagome back to finish Kikyou's job.
So in other words, I don't think that Kikyou has even really had what it takes, she has the power sure, but not the will. She's was never really willing to give up everything to save the world, she was just continually forced to. Kagome on the other hand...this is why I think, fault out that Kagome is a better person, better warrior, even though her powers have been taken away, than Kikyou is.

Shuuhei'sChick
12-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Hmm...though I remember in one episode where Kikyo steals Kagome's jewel shards and gives them to Naraku. Telling him to gather them all and then that she would kill him just to show himself how weak he really was. But the thing is, WHY given the jewel shards to the ENEMY!?! That kind of snooty over-confidence is going to get her killed. And then when Naraku has most of the jewel she's either not around to supposedly kill him, or she's too weak because she couldn't get enough souls. If she truly cared she would get over her hatred [even if only for a while] of Kagome and train her so Kagome could take down Naraku along with the others.

And what's with wanting to drag Inuyasha down to hell with her. If she truly loved him like she say she does, wouldn't she want him to live a long happy life? And also when she was alive, if she truly liked him the way he was, then why ask him to change [into a human] with the power of the Shikon no Tama?

Professor Chang
12-23-2007, 11:26 AM
She's only a old girl from the past, she isn't evil because loves Inuyasha and your feelings keeping alive your heart, she made these things by love... nobody understanding her horrible past; it brings her bad times....right???

Shuuhei'sChick
01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
She's only a old girl from the past, she isn't evil because loves Inuyasha and your feelings keeping alive your heart, she made these things by love... nobody understanding her horrible past; it brings her bad times....right???

Well yeah her past does bring her bad memories, but since she was killed by Naraku while she was holding a grudge against Inuyasha. So when she was ressurected her frame of mind was already set on wanting revenge (and always will be). But with all that in the past it still doesn't give her a reason to do evil deeds. (Like giving Naraku nearly half the shikon no tama and try to steal Kagome's soul to live again) If she really was a pure soul (like she claims to be xp) then she wouldn't be trying to steal a life that isn't hers. Sure it was once hers when she was alive but she has no claims whatsoever to Kagome's soul. She's dead. >_<

And yes the love she had for Inuyasha was keeping her heart alive but she doesn't have a heart now. She's just a hollow shell set on revenge. REVENGE!!!!! XD