PDA

View Full Version : I jus have 2 ask this question, I just gotta know the answer.....

prettyketty
11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
why is the anime series Bleach called Bleach?? I've been watching it for a while now and...I'm still really confused

OminousCloud
11-06-2007, 09:55 PM
For the purpose of confusing those seeking a household cleaning product.

LOVE STUFF
11-06-2007, 10:21 PM
For the purpose of confusing those seeking a household cleaning product.

LOL!!

jenfer3005
11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
LOL fot mini_twilight reply!:P

well to answer the thread's question,maybe because shinigamis act like a bleaching agent, like they clean up the world from souls,either hollows or the lost souls which have not yet reached the soul society!
so we can say that shinigamis remove the 'spots' (here it is
the souls) from the human world.
Hope I answered your question!:)

anyway it's my point of view! it may not be the real reason!:p

Saiyuko
11-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Maybe it's cause Ichigo has "bleached" hair, because Japanese usually don't naturally have orange hair o_O.

Metronome
11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
hmmm yeah the answer is because if they called it Chronicles of some human nubcake that takes this chicks power hunts down evil souls sends them to the "afterlife" almost dies while the girl gets kidnapped then he goes to rescue girl only to find a major conspiracy going on within the secluded area known as the seireitei becomes stronger while finally rescuing girl and becoming half evil spirit himself all within the first arc. they would have less viewers?

TheAsterisk!
11-07-2007, 01:06 PM
They use the title screen to clean the ridiculous amounts of blood off of their clothes (& themselves) between takes.

Honestly? I don't think anyone sane really knows.

Souhi
11-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Bleaching is a way of making something whiter, or "pure", clean etc. By defeating hollow with Zanpakutoh, Shinigami are purifying or cleansing souls, or "bleaching" them. That's the theory that I've heard the most, and is somewhat reasonable.

The other one involves Japanese people bleaching their hair incorrectly, resulting in orange colors. Though I'm not sure how plausible that one is.

Jose
11-07-2007, 02:04 PM
yes i think that shouhi is right to pure because i don't think that it is simply for Ichigo's hair besides i think that he was born that hair (hey it is an anime)

Metronome
11-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Look the truth is Tite Kubo has never stated why it's called what it's called but it's popular anyway so no need to change it

octorain
11-09-2007, 08:39 PM
I have heard that Bleach was called Bleach because that was either the original name for soul reapers, or, what i think is right, souhi's reason

toushirou hitsugaya
11-10-2007, 01:25 AM
umm I go with souhi's view of it

Aka-chin
11-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I have to agree with Souhi-san. Both those reasons are similar to what I was thinking....plus I just adore Ichigo's non-bleached hair. Let's go with it. ^^;

Shinigami Hilde
12-23-2007, 01:35 AM
Ichigo's hair appears Bleached-though he tells everyone several times that it's natural. That's why it's called "Bleach." Ichi's hair.

Brojasu
12-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I agree with Souhi's first explanation

shooting-star
12-30-2007, 07:17 AM
There is no official reason to why Bleach is called Bleach although there are a few theories put forward.
The First being that when Japanese people bleach their hair occasionally it doesn't go so well and goes Orange rather than Blonde.
The second being Ichigo is attacked in one manga chapter by a guy claiming Ichigo stole his hair style (In fact the guy bleached his hair, Ichigo just had his normal hair).
The third being that the Shinigami "Bleach" the souls of the hollows and spirits sending them to the afterlife, cleansing them.

i hope this helps you ^_^

Arcxcia
12-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Because of his hair color. But he didn't bleach it.. So, erm... why?

Shinigami Hilde
12-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Because it *LOOKS* bleached. lol.

MysticEntity
01-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Maybe it's cause Ichigo has "bleached" hair, because Japanese usually don't naturally have orange hair o_O.

Then almost all anime fits the description. xDD

Variados
01-10-2008, 02:16 AM
I will say they need it a english name and the first word they saw was BLEACH so they were like Eureka...and name it as it is...so, if the first word they saw was HOT, would have being name Hot instead...it is just a word, a name, they thought this might just call the attention..just because it seems that Title is what call people attention first then the rest...