PDA

View Full Version : Mikatsuki: G a l l e r Y

mikadzuki
10-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Well, after much prodding, am starting a thread to show my works. XD
Go easy on me, okay? ^.^; Am just starting out so honest comments and recommendations are highly highly welcomed and appreciated.

So here they are... The latest ones first. ^.^

Misora Naomi of Death Note
Avi:
Saturday, October 20, 2007, 4:31:34 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504719fcb819c10.gif

Sig:
Saturday, October 20, 2007, 4:19:36 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504719fcb806362.gif

I've focused on the animation of the sig. This is one of the old wallpapers I downloaded way back and seeing it in my phone, thought it'd try experimenting. Snow theme, so I'd animate the snow. I took took out all the stationary snow--the ones caught in mid-air. Then I blurred out the background a bit. Next I put in the snow--putting in ellipses and animating it one by one. Then the text... "Colder Inside" I want it to shiver so that the viewer will somehow feel the chill inside Naomi's heart. I like the text font and color but it seems it ended up being unreadable in some parts. ^_^;

Cloud Strife of Advent Children
Avi:
Friday, October 12, 2007, 9:12:11 AM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/95850470edd455669e.jpg

Sig:
Friday, October 12, 2007, 10:51:34 AM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/95850470edd453b8dc.jpg

Ninja of Ragnarok

Avi:
Sunday, October 07, 2007, 1:20:30 AM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504718bc48b41a3.jpg

Sig:
Sunday, October 07, 2007, 1:12:01 AM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504707c0a4d39d4.jpg

angelic_assasin
10-20-2007, 08:43 AM
first to comment!
ur work is really good but just some things u should fix a bit:
this first one: everything is really good, but i dont like the font and the way it moves, for font i meant as in how its coloured i think its the burn affect?
second one: again its the font lol...try and make it fade to the image a bit and not make it so bold, and adding an border will be great

the last one i really like :3

keep up the good work, i love to see more. and if i was too harsh im sorry ;_;

racky
10-23-2007, 02:56 AM
i really like the way u create your sig...(hope i can also make mine...hehehe)..

first: i do like the cloud-sig, especially the color of his hair and eyes. however, the text (strife) is almost unreadable...(try to change the font and color) blame my eyes!!!.. 4 they are blurred...

2nd: the ninja-sig, i think it would be pleasant in the eyes if you will lighten the background...to emphasized the anime character.

3rd: don't believe what u just read...since it came from a person who doesn't know how to create a sig...hahaha...hope u won't get mad at me..:banghead:

godbless!!!take care...
and tnx a lot...:)

Hamashimura
10-23-2007, 04:23 AM
Oh!!Nice sets... <3
Ninja of Ragnarok reminds me of Bakuryu,from Bloody Roar 2,lol...
Nice background image,and definitely nice effects...
Also,you could add moving cherry-blossoms,that would give it more nicer effects (kinda like snow on first one?)

Cloud...well,I dislike the movie,so that may be the whole reason of why I'm disliking this one...
But in general it's good,though you could do better...

Now...this is my absolute favorite sig on AF...
Animated snow is giving it the absolute beauty...
I love it,the whole idea is awesome,and message is nice too...
Somewhat sad sig in some hand,but yet so beautiful...
Only the font...it's nice,but it's shivering too much...

mikadzuki
10-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions! I really appreciate it.^^

angelic: harsh? not at all. ^_^ I want to improve my works and eventually find my own style. Am experimenting with animated sigs. The font color of the "Colder Inside" is unreadable in some places. I was too excited to get the text animated, I felt rushed and got kindda careless XD

racky: well, i was aiming for something readable but not so readable XD or maybe that's just rationalization for my current lack of fonts ^_^;

Now...this is my absolute favorite sig on AF...
Animated snow is giving it the absolute beauty...
I love it,the whole idea is awesome,and message is nice too...
Somewhat sad sig in some hand,but yet so beautiful...

Hama: wow! hama, you got it! that's the message! I wanna be able to convey or infuse my sigs with certain emotions/vibes... you getting that--i really appreciate it. The animation of the text though--well, I guess I went overboard XD I was aiming for shiver, but it ended up being erratic. I wanna rectify it but something's wrong with my working file. *sigh* But I did do the animation on the ninja sig. I couldn't do it when I first made the sig, but after the snow sig... ^_^ Btw, thanks so much for the compliment *rereading quote for the umpteenth time*

Here ya go, Hama... The animated version...
http://www.animeforum.com/image/95850471df120c348a.gif

Thanks so much guys! You're comments inspire me to make more. Hope I could be able to update as frequently as the others not to mention make sigs that par with the notable ones here in AF ...XD

Sзsικι
10-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I like you're animated stuff ^_^ They are very good! Though you're sigs could use work lighting, blending, depth, ect.

mikadzuki
10-23-2007, 09:42 AM
I like you're animated stuff ^_^ They are very good! Though you're sigs could use work lighting, blending, depth, ect.

Thanks for the compliment! XD

Yep, definitely need practice in those areas. lol I hope that, through you guys' honest comments and suggestions, I can improve my works. I know I have a long way to go--so am definitely looking forward to your help. ^_^

.fnhvmnvmv
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Wow!^^

u r really good at that!^.^...can u make me an animated sig from Neji Hyuga (NARUTO)...:3???

please!

Bragi
10-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Wow! mika-chan... you're taking request now! can I have an animated sig of those takuyaki super heroes?? lol http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/winterchill99/heh.gif

jk! jk! http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/winterchill99/heh.gif

The "colder insyd" text is I think having epelepsy or some sort... I think the frames of such text are so far away from each other, that's why they're so energetic to move.

Awesome cloud sig... I just have to compain on the text. Me thinks that d text tis so0o0o raph on the BG. @_@

Edit: Me tinks me hab to go back to pip grade. wakoko! http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/winterchill99/gawi.gif

mikadzuki
10-28-2007, 01:30 AM
Wow!^^
u r really good at that!^.^...can u make me an animated sig from Neji Hyuga (NARUTO)...:3???
please!

Thank you for the compliment. :p However, am not taking any avi/sig requests at the moment. Sorry ^.^; But if you like, you could ask other AF members, a lot of whom are more adept than myself in making you a sig ^^. Just post a request in the thread: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=64146

Wow! mika-chan... you're taking request now! can I have an animated sig of those takuyaki super heroes?? lol http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/winterchill99/heh.gif

hey, wakokoko! Do you really like that show? *curious* :unsure: Anyway, thanks for the comments.:p

I could finally update! Here's my attempt at a Halloween sig/avi set.
It took be the better part of the day to make it. I was aiming for a transparent bg (hence no border *sigh*) but for some reason all the transparent became white! The cloud like part I made with brushes. Then I animated the pumpkin and bat by arranging a series of pics onto the frames. I made the text myself like the "clouds" and gave a bit of animation to them too. It hadn't turned the way I wanted it too, but for lack of time and energy... guess that would just have to do... Hope, it'd be acceptable at the very least...'coz right now all I see are the flaws *sigh* ^.^;

Treat or Trick Jack 'o Lantern

Avi:
Today, October 28, 2007, 1:57:51 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504724291e2dae3.gif

Sig:
Today, October 28, 2007, 1:45:12 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504724291e0b808.gif

Bragi
10-28-2007, 05:18 AM
How many frames are you using in making your animated sigs?? I'm guessing its more than 30+. From a person making animated stuff... They're really awesome, you could give your bat a little poof there for added effects, I'll send you my "poof" sprites, so you can use more magic effects.

mikadzuki
10-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Thanks Izumi! It's nice to have my sigs appreciated. ^.^

My animated sigs have 50 frames to be exact. It's like making 50 signatures and putting them on top of the other. It takes a lot of work, though ^.^; it takes me at least 2-3 hours to make one... am thinking of sticking to conventional a.k.a. unanimated sigs for a while...unless, of course, inspiration strikes me...XD

EDIT:
Snagged some free time to do an avi/sig set today. yay!
I hope you guys can give me some constructive comments/suggestions. :laugh:
Am really proud of them *sniff*...XD So without further ado...Here they are!

Raito Yagami & L of Death Note

Avi:
Monday, October 29, 2007, 4:35:28 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504725a49bdb954.gif

Monday, October 29, 2007, 4:36:49 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504725a49bccef4.gif

Sig:
Monday, October 29, 2007, 4:52:39 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504725a49bbbd83.gif

So... what do you think? *holds breath* XD

Oh, in case you're wondering how the images originally look...
The original wallpaper is located here: http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=95850

Hamashimura
10-30-2007, 03:53 AM
Now,again,massive reply time,weee!!!I love massive replies ^_^
Gah!!!
The animated version of the first post after my reply is totaly awesome...
It's really interesting how animating something can give spark of life to it...
Very well done!! <3

Halloween set is totally awesome...
I just love the expression that pumpkin makes,lol...
Also,that jumping bet is surprising too...
But darker bg would be better,for it's Halloween,but it's alright the way it is...
So don't worry about it,looks great ^_^
NOTE:
Making stormy clouds in bg would look awesome here ^_^

Death Note set...
Hmmm...Raito's face seems somewhat...disturbed?Dunno how else to put it,but something's strange on him...
Oh well...But Ryuzaki is really good (both are ment about avatars)
As for the sig,it's good...I like the simplicity of it,and merging avatars in sig,you're the first one to that,as far as I remember...
But,as you know,there is always a "but" ...
What I think,is that it's somewhat unbalanced,for it has totally different colors on left and right side...
Hmm,nice moment you chose,I loved that episode...Oh well...

I don't really know what to say about improvement,I'm still learning,lol...
C ya around,and keep up!

Jagan Eye
10-30-2007, 05:23 AM
You have a thread and I didn't even notice. >.>

Okay, woooot! Comment time!!!

Unanimated sigs are just as amazing and have a really good effect as animated ones.

Avi:
I really like the Death Note-ness. The picture works well with th background that you made. I especially love the text you used. Both of them look good except around L's neck, its somewhat blurry and looks like it could be sharpened a little, unless thats how its supposed to be. I like the simple backgrounds, they really do compliment to the avatars.

Sig:
The two avatars combined has an amazing effect. I really like the background that you provided. Makes the whole sig very well toned. I like the fonts used and the colors tone the sig very well.

Overall, I really like this set. Its adorably wonderful. ♥

Bragi
10-30-2007, 05:53 AM
ei there mika, I just have to thank you for the 'This Moment - Disturbed' mp3. Gets me in the mood to comment to your thread.

anyway onto my biz.

As i want call it... in the red corner...~! and in the blue corner....~! great Deathnote set. L and Light are set to symbolize two opposite as you call it...'Justice'. BG along with the chars are smoothly embedded to blend with each other.

I'll let you go, no 'but' for this set. awesome work. =p

Great work Mika-chan, your improving with your craft...in a very fast pace if I may add! can I have some of those 'kaizen' stuff too. *evil laugh*

KuroTan
10-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Here I am at last.haha. Sorry for the wait.^^'

I'll comment on the latest one. Nice concept with the two different characters, really brings the contrast between them. No criticisms really, though you'll find that for still sets, it's better to save them in jpeg because it's got a wider range of colours than a gif. You sorta get grainy spots if you save it in gif because gif works best when there's a lot of patches that are the same colour. Anyway, that's all. Great job.^^

Oh, and my favourite's the first one. Very nice snow effect. =]

mikadzuki
11-03-2007, 11:14 AM
The animated version of the first post after my reply is totaly awesome...
It's really interesting how animating something can give spark of life to it...
Very well done!! <3

I just followed what you said...Glad it's to your liking XD

But darker bg would be better,for it's Halloween,but it's alright the way it is...
So don't worry about it,looks great ^_^
NOTE:
Making stormy clouds in bg would look awesome here ^_^

I opted for a transparent bg for the 50 frames, but somehow all that are transparent became white T_T couldn't pinpoint why *sigh* Still, am glad to know that it is still satisfactory XD

Death Note set...
Hmmm...Raito's face seems somewhat...disturbed?Dunno how else to put it,but something's strange on him...
Oh well...But Ryuzaki is really good (both are ment about avatars)
As for the sig,it's good...I like the simplicity of it,and merging avatars in sig,you're the first one to that,as far as I remember...
But,as you know,there is always a "but" ...
What I think,is that it's somewhat unbalanced,for it has totally different colors on left and right side...
Hmm,nice moment you chose,I loved that episode...Oh well...

I never thought of it that way... I just imagined what a sig of those two would look like ...I was aiming for a sort of "opposite-mirroring" if that term made sense ^.^; then I remembered that scene XD and that's what cropped up lol then at the time it seemed that I could extract 2 avies from the sig...so it ended up as a set of 3 ^.^

Unanimated sigs are just as amazing and have a really good effect as animated ones.

Avi:
I really like the Death Note-ness. The picture works well with th background that you made. I especially love the text you used. Both of them look good except around L's neck, its somewhat blurry and looks like it could be sharpened a little, unless thats how its supposed to be. I like the simple backgrounds, they really do compliment to the avatars.

Sig:
The two avatars combined has an amazing effect. I really like the background that you provided. Makes the whole sig very well toned. I like the fonts used and the colors tone the sig very well.

Overall, I really like this set. Its adorably wonderful. ♥

Thanks so much! XD It took me at least 2 hrs to make it...had to slice and dice to get that separate color tones of both sides ^.^; And it's good to know am making progress in choosing my fonts...lol Thanks for pointing out the assets of the set, i'll be sure to remember what I did right on this set to apply it to future works...[am still on trial-and-error phase] ^.^

ei there mika, I just have to thank you for the 'This Moment - Disturbed' mp3. Gets me in the mood to comment to your thread.

Did you put a cookie on my phone? Seems like your ears caught my Transformers OST.... XD [sorry, totally irrelevant...back to the sig/avi comments]

As i want call it... in the red corner...~! and in the blue corner....~! great Deathnote set. L and Light are set to symbolize two opposite as you call it...'Justice'. BG along with the chars are smoothly embedded to blend with each other.

I'll let you go, no 'but' for this set. awesome work. =p

Great work Mika-chan, your improving with your craft...in a very fast pace if I may add! can I have some of those 'kaizen' stuff too. *evil laugh*

Haha~ Really now Izumi? You've no complaints? XD Still, thanks man! I may be improving as you say, but I still owe this thread lots of updates ^.^;

I'll comment on the latest one. Nice concept with the two different characters, really brings the contrast between them. No criticisms really, though you'll find that for still sets, it's better to save them in jpeg because it's got a wider range of colours than a gif. You sorta get grainy spots if you save it in gif because gif works best when there's a lot of patches that are the same colour. Anyway, that's all. Great job.^^

Oh, and my favourite's the first one. Very nice snow effect. =]

Finally, THE baka_black has spoken! XD
Yep, I noticed the loss of quality with GIF when it comes to my sigs esp the animated ones...though, now i think i found a way around that little obstacle [I hope ^.^;] Thanks for commenting man, I appreciate it! XD

~:p:p:p~

whew! that was long...lol to make up for lost posting time hehe~
I'll try to pick up the pace and update more...^.^;
Thanks so much for viewing and am looking forward to reading your future reviews...XD

Ganbare, mika!
Motto hayaku!
Ja, mata ne!
^.^

Dopam1ne
11-03-2007, 11:50 AM
You make pretty cool gifs =) The tags need a bit more of work. They tend to be empty and with bad composition.

Quite appealing to the eye nonetheless. Gj

mikadzuki
11-03-2007, 12:53 PM
YThe tags need a bit more of work. They tend to be empty and with bad composition.

Tags? Please forgive my innocence, but what do you mean? I hope you can elaborate further so that I can improve my compositions. Still, thanks for you're review.

really good is everyonee one this site a graphic master's

Thanks. There ARE lots of 'graphic masters' here in AF *nod* *nod* but as for me, I still have a long long long way to go before I could even sit near 'em 'masters'...lol^^

BuLmA
11-04-2007, 11:38 PM
In all sets I really love the "Colder Inside" I'ts pretty awesome Mikatsuki!^_^ keep it up!

Dopam1ne
11-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Tags? Please forgive my innocence, but what do you mean? I hope you can elaborate further so that I can improve my compositions. Still, thanks for you're review.

With tags I meant signatures.
To improve, you need to add more colours, depht, focal and effects to your signatures.

mikadzuki
11-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Bulma: Thanks. There are a lot of things I've yet to learn though...^^

With tags I meant signatures.
To improve, you need to add more colours, depht, focal and effects to your signatures.

I see... first time I've read sigs referred to as "tags" 'round the threads.^.^;
...again, thanks...am currently working on those points by experimenting with different gfx editing softwares to find that "certain something" I want in my tags...
...hence a brief hiatus on updates...lol XD

momoshiro
11-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Misora Naomi of Death Note: The set is well made. The animation of the snow in the sig is soft and does not overwhelm the vector. The font may need some work though.. It kinda moves a lot and is a little less readable with the font color and style.. Thumbs up for the composition and the concept! Keep it up! :)

mikadzuki
11-18-2007, 11:29 PM
@momo: Thanks so much for your comments! I see that sig is the favorite among the sigs... makes me wanna make more animated ones^^

@kagome-chan: Thanks for the compliment, I think ^.^; It's just patience and even more practice rather than pure talent, though lol

I'm way behind in my sig/ava galleries T_T Been too hectic lately... come next week or the one after, I will will myself to update! Hope my thread won't be closed before then...XP

mikadzuki
12-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I don't wanna double post... at the onset that is... but editing my last post doesn't make my thread appear updated... ^.^; so i hope you guys will forgive me for posting after myself...^^

Finally,
...after what seems to be ages...
...and a grueling month for me offline... ^.~
...drum roll please...
Update!
*thank heavens they haven't closed my thread -_-;*

Shana no Shakugan Holiday Set
Avi:
Saturday, December 22, 2007, 8:18:03 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/95850476d0140916a1.gif

Sig:
Saturday, December 22, 2007, 8:06:14 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/95850476d0140c07bd.gif

Knuffle Bunny
12-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Before I become the strict siggy rater x3 I wanted to ask if you have been creating your own backgrounds or are you using the original backie form the pic? Because the pic blends so well with the backgrounds it's amazing. O_O
The misora naomi one. Look at the backie! O_O it's so awesome. And the tones match perfectly!
I'm very astounded at the sigs. For a beginner, you sure are good. x3
the animated touch is great too. Since your new to this, i'll spare you from my rambling. Angelic would know x3

mikadzuki
01-09-2008, 03:13 AM
akari_aurion: Thanks for your comments.^^ I sometimes just edit the original background to sort of fit the theme of the sig or avi... However, in the "colder inside" set, I just fiddled with the original bg a bit... I just cleaned out all the original "stationary snow", blurred it a bit to put focus on the character, etc. In my animated sigs, I only play a little with the bg since most of my time is used up in making the animations... ^.^;

An update! Hooray!!!
The holidays are over and I'm in dire need of a new avi/sig set.

I'm thinking of having a DN Angel set for January. ^^ I've only finished the avies though... The sig would come next...^^

EDIT: Three versions... masked, unmasked, and grayscale...^^

Niwa Daisuke
Avi:
Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 4:29:10 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504784a4cfb62b4.jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/image/95850478489d6261a1.jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504784a4cf97abe.jpg

Dark
Avi:
Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 4:44:07 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504784a653cfb33.jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/image/95850478489d6346fe.jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504784a653be9c0.jpg

Sigs:
http://www.animeforum.com/image/9585047849dc7d61af.jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/image/9585047849dc7f2e8d.jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504784a39064af0.jpg

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
01-09-2008, 05:11 AM
Comment time, I need to comment here more often and for that I apologize, bad Phoenix I know >_< Anyway, love the holiday set, it looks awesome and I don't think I can think of anything to improve. On the latest sig set you've done with Daisuke and Dark, I love the avatars and the signatures but I think they look better with colour possibly and not in greyscale. In greyscale, it could just be me but the set seems to dark. Out of the 3 choices of colour I prefer the middle one as it's a really good colour ^_^

Also love the font choice and the text is seriously awesome ^_^
Glad for the update and keep up the great work

mikadzuki
01-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Phoenix: Thanks so much for commenting! I really appreciate it! *hugs Phoenix* ^^ I like how the holiday set turned out esp the text. "Timeless Sleep" is a title of an anime ending theme. I just remembered it when I made the sig. I tried different looks to it then I can't pick one which satisfied me most... so I ended up with 3 versions. ^^

Update Time! Yay!

I just started watching Code Geass. ^^
Nothing special really...
I just like how Lelouch seems to look right through...
and those nice violet eyes, those sharp features, that dark hair...
*suddenly lost in reverie*

*cough*
*cough*

Lelouch of Code Geass
Saturday, January 12, 2008, 8:55:42 PM
Avi 1:
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504788bac20deec.jpg

Avi 2:
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504788bac1e9a84.jpg

Avi 3:
http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504788bac1c50a2.jpg

FlashD
03-17-2008, 10:18 AM
I re-opened this thread ... I swear I did. ;_;

mikadzuki
03-17-2008, 10:51 AM
I re-opened this thread ... I swear I did. ;_;

Well, it's re-opened now... ^^
Sorry for troubling you ^^'
...and thanks again ^^

UPDATE:
Bulma's Sig Request xD

She specified that canvas size of 460x400 px, that specific message and that specific bear. ^^ I was to have artistic freedom with everything else. I took me a good while to come up with how I'm going to go about the theme... ^^' So to compensate for BuLmA waiting, and to put a little extra 'coz the message and the bear are really extra special to her, I animated the sig. ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/BulmaSigRequest.gif

BuLmA
03-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow!!...your signature and avatar thread is reopened!!...*huggles*...I'm happy for you Ged!^_^....thanks Flash!!....

Ahh...yes....this signature that I requested!=P.....and again!...I'd say I Love it!! lolz.....it's definitely amazing/adorable!....
at first I was worried because it'll be difficult for you because I have plenty of suggestion! hehehe....But when you P.m me and showed me the signature...
I can't stop smiling!...hehehe....I really do love it!,honestly....the flowers really adding the beauty of the signature.It's elegant!.Also I love the falling flowers,such a great idea!. I like the fonts it really fits the siggy ;)....
You're such a great artist Ged!....*Shakes her right hand*....Good Job!...keep it up!! .....and Again...Thank you very much!^^

KuroTan
03-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Nice job on the animations with this one. That must have been painstakingly tedious to trace out.^^

mikadzuki
03-18-2008, 12:27 AM
-BuLmA- : Yep! Thanks to Flash, my thread was re-opened. ^^ Aww~ Shocks~ ^^ You're very welcome. Need to work on my animated sigs though to get that grainy-ness off the pic... gotta try other programs... >_> lulz

KuroTan: Thanks ^^ Well, the flowers aren't much trouble cutting out actually. I had practice from vectoring :evillaugh:

Thanks for commenting. I'll update more often, and post more (even if it's after myself >_>' ) lulz

Oh, and thankies Coob for your comment/tip. I'll take it to heart. Looking at my previous works, I do need to add color to my life, er, I mean, my works ^^

~*Red*~
03-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Hey there Mika :)

I like your "Cloud strife" siggy lots; I really like the way that his eyes stand out from the grey. Your "Colder Inside" sig is pretty good as well; I think it would be good if the text didn't move around. Then it'd be nice. Hope to see some more from you soon Mika-chan!!!

mikadzuki
03-18-2008, 10:49 AM
"Red": Yo! ^^ Thanks for commenting. Uhm, a lot had commented about the movement of the text "Colder Inside". I was aiming for a shivering effect, you know, to make it look even colder... but I ended up with the text having erratic dizzying movements ^^' I wanted to tone the movement down, but my working file was corrupted *sigh* and I don't feel like remaking the 50 frames ^^'

...and yep, I'll do my best to update frequently enough so my thread won't close... again ^^ Hope you drop by again in the future xD

UPDATE:
This is just an experiment with effects of c4ds. Nothing special. Just homunculus sig/avi set #1, I suppose X_x

I'm still working on how to add vibrancy to my works ^^'''

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/LuluAvi_c4d_blk.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/LuluSig_c4d.png

EDIT:

Tried using a black border... I think, it kinda looks better in black xD

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/luluc4dsig_blk.png

*Edited: original text taken out. no need for 'em now ^^*

EDIT EDIT:

UPDATE:
To celebrate the start of a very long weekend + the change of my OS... lol
Here's experiment no. 2
It's a just a play with colors, effects and c4d. ^^
Yeah, the font sucks X_x 'coz I don't have better stock in the notebook I'm currently using >_> But I think the effects came out okay ^^ At least, it's something different--with lots more effects and bright colors--compared to my previous ones. Took me a good 2 hrs tho' of trials and errors X_x

Comments/suggestions/constructive criticisms are very very welcome ^^

Lelouch & CC
Code Geass

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Hush_avi.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Hush_sig.png

EDIT EDIT EDIT: xDD

What ran through my mind when I was making the sig that's why I came up with the 'Hush' xD ...I thought, what the hey, might as well put it in xDD

==========
Lelouch was taken aback and frozed wide-eyed as CC suddenly leaned so teasingly close--lightly caressing his lips.

"Hush..." CC breathed. "There's nothing to fear..."
==========

*About the double posting and thread updating, I'll keep that in mind Flash. ^^ Thanks!

qG.Shogun
03-19-2008, 11:24 AM
I really like your last design its incredible beautifull cant wait to see more of your work keep on going.

mikadzuki
03-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Really? Thanks! ^^
I'll put up more as I go on with my experiments xD
Hope you can drop by again for updates ^^

Jose
03-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I really like the the color you used in the lastes set, I love that fact you were able to make the sun flow with the extarction, very flawlessly done. I think it gives the image a certian kind of warmth, a glow if you will. Again I think the color and the color of the broader is great but I think it is a bit thick, other wise I love this, I love the text and the I &hearts; (knows it will not form the myspace heart but hey I'm bored lol) the word hush and the boxes around them.

Overall I luff the set

mikadzuki
03-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks! Thanks so much for coming and commenting! :glomps: (okay, this is not dA, but... you started it! xP ) I'm trying to upgrade how I do my sigs. And Coob (I think he changed his name again) commented that I need to put more color to the sigs... so I'm trying out more vibrant color schemes plus a few other effects xD

Hmmm.... now that you mention it... It does look kind of thick... I'll try making the borders a wee bit thinner and see how it goes ^^

Famahama
03-19-2008, 01:44 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Hush_avi.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Hush_sig.png
When peole say the name, BOOM-SHIZAM! IMMA HERE Y'A TARTS!

i like this one over all. Has a nice feeling to it =DD tho, erase some bits of the C4D on the focus. andddd the square boxes, maybe it'll look good in solid colors (gradient blue perhaps?) the overlay'ed red isnt working well =/

Very nice tag overall =DD the avatar is near to perfect as i have not much experience on avatars. KEEP THE COLORS RUNNING!

mikadzuki
03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Whoa! Didn't know, the name was a sort of a magic summon xD I should do that more often then! xD

Still, though... I'm a... tart? *blinks*

But whoa~
You really think so? You like it? Yay! I did it thinking about your rep comment...^^

Anywho~
Hai, taicho!!! Will do!
I've only erased bits of the c4d from the faces but not in all of the layers above the render. The boxes are actually dots in a large font set to vivid light. ^^
I'd like to see how else I'm gonna play with that experimental sig so I'm definitely going to try out your suggestions. Thanks much! xD

And yeah, adding color to my life now... much thanks for pointing that out... really appreciate it... xD

Here's the version with thinner borders in reply to jose's comment ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/hushavi_thinborders.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/hushsig_thinborders.png

Jose
03-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes I think that it looks better this way, I dont know I just think the thicker one was a bit distracting.

I wonder if you really do have the power to summon members try it again lol

Bragi
03-19-2008, 02:36 PM
I prefer the thin border... (tired mode -- too lazy to type too much...) @_@

Mira Kaiba
03-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I really like the last set you did - the colors are very nice. I like the green. The positioning is also very nice, and I like the Hush text. You might want to try erasing some of the C4D that is covering the girl's face, because it's a little hard to see. I like the effects over the face of the guy. Very nice set! ^^

KuroTan
03-19-2008, 06:44 PM
I like the thicker one for some reason.^^ Nice colour scheme you've got going there. So poisonous.

qG.Shogun
03-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Your last signature is amazing the background really fits the picture keep on going.

mikadzuki
03-20-2008, 09:35 AM
jose101: Now I'm not really sure which border I like best =_= Nah~ I doubt it. I only said that 'coz well, Unli said so in his post xD

Izumi Kaminari: Thanks for dropping by even in your "tired mode" ^^

Mira Kaiba: Thanks so much! ^^ I'm going for more bright and luminous shades now. I'll erase more to make CC's face clearer and then up the new version soon. xD

KuroTan: That makes...2 votes thin, 1 vote thick... xD lolz yeah, toxic ain't it? xDD

~*Suzuka*~: Thanks! ^^ I made the bg by playing around with the original render ^^

========
EDIT

UPDATE: No Escape SigAvi Set

I just played around with the .psd file of the set on post #36... adding more color and effects, I got this set...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Lulu_NoEscapeAvi.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Lulu_NoEscapeSig.png

Uhm, when I look at it, it feels as though a lot is going on X_x but then at times it seems okay... idk =_= Well, at least it's more vibrant now compared to the previous version xDD

momoshiro
03-20-2008, 09:55 PM
hehehe, nice siggy n avi sets..

the composition on "no escape" is just *can't think of the word* *gasps*
it just blends real well! the character is vibrant and the background and foreground matches how the attitude and style of the character is portrayed..

as for "hush", i prefer the one with the thin border.. it just kinda matches how the whole thing is viewed composed without overcrowding the focus on the subjects.. ^^

nyahahah.. yay! for siggys well made ^^

KuroTan
03-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Erm... Too much I think. All the effects you put in just kinda mess up the sig and make it look dirty. Simplify it maybe?

Famahama
03-21-2008, 06:36 AM
=o!

Too messy.
Get rid of of the texts. Erase a bit of most of the C4D (especially the lower left) and even though the colors are vibrant, they arent really working... add a Gradient Map at the top? it may help =D

mikadzuki
03-30-2008, 04:23 AM
momoshiro: tnx ^^ But I think the attitude was supplied by Lulu being in chains rather than me fiddling with that particular pic of him X_x

KuroTan: Yeah~ It got too messy in the end =_=' I got carried away playing with filters and c4ds to actually consider the overall impact...

Unli.: I just ended up putting too many things in, including the text X_x''' and it also has a number of gradient maps in it already... I was too excited to work on the sig to actually extract Lulu and his chains... that probably added to it looking slapdash =_='''

I'll try to rework that sig one of these days once I do a proper extract of the original pic... to at least, redeem myself from the messy work x3

=======
UPDATE:
I was watching videos sent by a friend which led me to doing an extract of Ikuto which in turn led me to make a sig out of it... I just had to frame that smexy-smug look. lawd x3

Ikuto
Shugo Chara

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Ikuto_TheBlackCatSig.png

EDIT:

Finally finished the sig request of "Red". He provided the pic for this one. ^^

@"Red": Sorry man if it took me ages ^^''' Well, it's up to you if you still wanna wear it after all this time... er, should you still be interested in the sig [w/c I hope you still are xD], just tell me if you want something edited. Again, sorry it took me so long ^^'''

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/RedCatGirlSig.png

~*Red*~
03-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Thank you Mikadzuki :)

I love the sig lots. You've done a great job with my sig and the other ones. I hope to see some more from you soon!!

KuroTan
03-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Not bad. Text could be improved though. Play with the fonts?^^

mikadzuki
03-30-2008, 07:54 PM
"Red": Tnx. I'm glad you liked it *breathes sigh of relief* ^^

KuroTan: Yeah~ I know... T_T I was using my EeePc for these sigs and all the resources (brushes, fonts, etc.) are on the home pc and the laptop w/c were both engaged at the time ^^' Tnx for pointing that out though ^^

momoshiro
03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
nice sigs.. you've improved young jedi.. heheh^^
can you make me one too.. I'd like the egg character of Amu...
the blue one--its the art junkie right? XDD

qG.Shogun
03-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Nice job on that one from "Red" i really like it how you made it.

Knuffle Bunny
03-31-2008, 05:13 PM
The one for red is pretty, but it could still use some work ^^
The font looks like it doesn't belong. The shadow kinda destroys the overall "whole" look. And the color contrast doesn't help either.
The border seems a little too thick. You don't want the border to take away from the stock.

I really like the image and the size is about right =3
Everything else looks fine, good job!

mikadzuki
04-04-2008, 10:34 PM
UPDATE:

A gift sig for meh good friend and YM evil buddy *evil laugh* jk! x3

It's nothing fancy, just a few filters, gradients and a bit of photomanip...LOL

Well, hope he likes it ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Jose_FMAsig.png

momoshiro: well, i do my best x33 tnx! shugo chara... hmmm... let me get back to you on that one. ^^

~*Suzuka*~: thank you x3

Knuffle Bunny: thanks for your comments. I appreciate it ^^ Yep, I need to work on the fonts... and a few others it seems. x3

========

EDIT:

jose: Glad you like it... and wore it at that! Tnx! x3
Here's a matching avi x33
so I'm promoted to evil twin eh? xP

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Jose_FMA_avi.png

Jose
04-04-2008, 11:15 PM
For moi?

You are going to let these people into our evilness?

Are you cheating on me?

blah I am talking to you on IM right now =))

ANyway I love the new set I love the color and the uber thin boarder you know I like =P

The glow that comes the images makes is it better

[copied and paste to sig]

I &hearts; it

FlashD
04-05-2008, 11:54 AM
UPDATE:

A gift sig for meh good friend and YM evil buddy *evil laugh* jk! x3

It's nothing fancy, just a few filters, gradients and a bit of photomanip...LOL

Well, hope he likes it ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Jose_FMAsig.png

momoshiro: well, i do my best x33 tnx! shugo chara... hmmm... let me get back to you on that one. ^^

~*Suzuka*~: thank you x3

Knuffle Bunny: thanks for your comments. I appreciate it ^^ Yep, I need to work on the fonts... and a few others it seems. x3

========

EDIT:

jose: Glad you like it... and wore it at that! Tnx! x3
Here's a matching avi x33
so I'm promoted to evil twin eh? xP

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Jose_FMA_avi.png

Hmm ... this so looks like a rip with a filter over it O_o;;
Here's the actual wallaper: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/Full-Metal-Alchemist/item8457/

Can you prove me you actually made this?

Famahama
04-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Here's the actual wallaper: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/Full-Metal-Alchemist/item8457/

Although I'm not sure, she may have used this one, HERE. (http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-13519) Maybe~?

Anyways, looks kinda bland >.>;;

Hautalken
04-05-2008, 12:35 PM

ouch! FlashD's real observant. people have to be more careful around here...
that might just not be a rip-off. many people can do that sort of effect...
or is it just that people keep ripping stuff of the same wall? wierd... :wacko:

Bragi
04-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Sig request!

Bellato siggy please... U know the specifics, I trust ur taste.

XD

mikadzuki
04-07-2008, 11:04 AM

Although I'm not sure, she may have used this one, HERE. (http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-13519) Maybe~?

Anyways, looks kinda bland >.>;;

ouch! FlashD's real observant. people have to be more careful around here...
that might just not be a rip-off. many people can do that sort of effect...
or is it just that people keep ripping stuff of the same wall? wierd... :wacko:

The pic on which the Ed/FMA sig/avi set was neither based on animepaper dot net nor planetrenders dot net. It was actually from flickr.com. The picture is 600x450px and whose quality is bordering on low. And being sourced from said site and with the picture itself bearing no clearly discernable credits, I considered it as stock photo.

As is, may I respectfully stress that I did not claim ownership of the original picture on which the sig/avi were based on. My only claim are on the simple modifications to increase the quality of the original, the placement and the effects of the username therein, and other measures as to create a set--which is, by observation, a general, though not the only, practice in creating tags/sigs/avies.

It's nothing fancy, just a few filters, gradients and a bit of photomanip...

Yes, Flash. I can prove my claim that I did make the set and will send you via PM the .psd files, along with the picture on which they were based.

If I may also add, this issue disheartens me because the sig was for a good friend. And I'm afraid this issue undermined my sincerity in giving him the set. Especially so with the allusions of me ripping, which is not and never was my practice. I do not take credit for things that I didn't make/accomplish. Though the case, I commend you, Flash for giving me a chance to prove myself.

I hope this matter would be cleared at the soonest possible time. Still, thanks guys, for your interest in my humble works.

Knuffle Bunny
04-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Ooooh the sset for Jose is really shiny +_+ I love blue shininess! <333
The sig a little big, but I LOVE it.

Keep up the good work! [It should be 10000... stars, but sadly, I can only give you 5 T^T]

FlashD
04-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Hmm ... about the sig in question. I and mikadzuki solved the issue privately and determined the sig is not a direct rip-off of the wallpaper, therefore no action will be taken against the artist, nor against the sig (yes, rip-offs get punished too :p).
I apologize for creating such a ruckus, but it was really necessary. Plagiarism is the worst offense against an artist and I'm intended to make sure there won't be any in my forums.

Happy posting everyone. ^_^

mikadzuki
05-01-2008, 09:51 AM
@FlashD & Knuffle Bunny: Thanks. ^^
===

After a long while... an update. ^^

The last half of the sig was made by me. The first half of the layers are by KuroTan. Thanks Kuro for lending me a psd to play with. xD I left your layers as they are though. ^^

No text yet. Can't think of a nice one... any suggestions? xD

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/PitaTensig.png

I just want to play with a bit of animation to while away more time ^^'
Sorry if the text on this one is a bit uninspired, both in font and in content... ^^'

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/pitatenani_sig.gif

comments/suggestions/constructive crits are very much welcome! ^^
I may even give you a cookie! xDD

Thanks much for dropping by! c('',)o

Famahama
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Motion blur at the top...? The color's a bit washed out because of it ^^;;

(exactly why I dislike spatter, its hard to put up the right text and colors without preparing a lot from the background)

mikadzuki
05-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Unli: Yeah, I did loose a lot of the vivid colors KuroTan had initially placed in. I'll tone down the blur filter and regain the vivid colors back.

Yeah, I'm usually at a lost in choosing the right fonts and colors 'coz I usually finish the bg/image first then think of the text later. ^^' I don't plan it all the way through and large percentage are just left to chance ^^'

Anywho~

I was making a banner for my fave internet radio website and thought I'd make a sig version... sorta xD

A gift siggy for a good friend ^^
I was going for a greek goddess sort of feel xD

Still, there's my usual fickleness in text ^^'
I can't decide which looks better. So I'd be happy to hear comments on the sig and esp so with the text. ^^

@naotavespaboy: you can pick which one you like... or if you want anything changed please don't hesitate to tell me ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/raymondssig.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/raymondssig_nodashes.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/raymondssig_textrearranged.png

Jagan Eye
05-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Yay, catching up on my non-comments.

Ahw, I haven't seen a Belldandy sig in a long time. Its so graceful and elegant-like. I like the background and the clothy Belldandy effect that you used. The color scheme seems a bit dull to me, but its fine. I like this sig because its simple and it gives off a very concrete vibe. I would choose the version in the middle but all three are really nice.

Waiting for updates <3

mikadzuki
05-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Jagan Eye: Jagan! <3 It's been quite a while. Thanks for dropping by! ^^ Anyway... yeah, I have this insistent tendency to go monochromatic with my color choices. So I'm looking for ways to remedy that and hopefully bring more life to my works xD

And now for an update. ^^

First sig in CS2! I just installed it a few hours ago. xDD

Something non-anime this time. Kwon Boa based on this pic of her [link (http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/?action=view&current=BoA33506.jpg)]. xD
Still trying to find ways to effectively use color and C4Ds. So if you note something or anything off or terrible with the sig, please tell me. That would really help me a lot. Oh, and if it's not much bother, please be as specific as you can. That'd be a great help too ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/BoA_vividavi.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/BoA_vividsig.png

Hautalken
05-10-2008, 05:06 AM
The summer is win sig looks good. But if you played with the fonts some more like KuroTan said, maybe it would look better. The animation bit is a tad too fast. Slow it down a little.

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
05-10-2008, 07:36 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/raymondssig_nodashes.png

I love this signature that you did for Naotavespaboy ^_^ It came out really awesome and Belldandy looks so graceful, everything works so well.
Maybe the font could be slightly better but that could just be me.
I'm not so sure on the set you did in CS2 though, not my kind of signature style and the background isn't so great ...
it takes focus off the picture of her in my opinion (it's mainly the blue, red and green light to the fragments that doesn't look right).
Keep up the awesome work though overall and you've really improved. ^^

mikadzuki
05-10-2008, 10:17 AM
karuto: Thanks so much for your comments! <3 And yes, I admit my font choices/styles needs work too ^^; And I'll slow down the timing of the text to make it a bit more graceful ^^

PhoenixChan*~: Thanks! <33 Yes, the font is a bit bleh. >_> But that's the one available on the pc that seemed to fit the sort of Greek theme I was going for. I really need to download new fonts ^^;

In the BoA sig, the bg was made from scratch LOL I was going for a look/feel like she was exploding/shattering into vibrant colors xD But I like and enjoy how the colors on the seemingly shattered fragments came out and the lighting effects I learned just recently LOL Still, thanks for your honest comment. I really appreciate it ^^

Famahama
05-10-2008, 11:29 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/BoA_vividsig.png

Lol, what were you using before this then? I assumed you used Photoshop CS2 already xDD

anyways, I'm not liking the blue/green colors there :/ It looks quite random. Maybe try removing them and just liquify the overall?
Btw the background is just uber sexy ;D

Annachan
05-10-2008, 01:34 PM
my fav's this one:

http://www.animeforum.com/image/958504707c0a4d39d4.jpg

i really like it... i think it's because it's so simple... it's really cute

mikadzuki
05-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Annachan: Thanks! I'm happy you like it. It's one of my earliest works in Photoshop. LoL I've yet to learn loads and loads in using PS then ^^

Unli.: LOL Nope. I was using PS 7 so I'm sometimes at a lost when a tut required this and that w/c aren't in that version, but I made do. xDD

Haha! Right on target Unli-taicho! Yeah, those greens & blues were random xD I made the bg by smudging the original photo to create that V-like flow, put in a c4d and then put in various layer adjustments and filters until it came out that way. Since, her dress has hints of those colors (originally at least ^^;) I thought they'd be like shattered from her ^^ Still, I'll try out your suggestion and up a version 2.0 ^^

Uber sexy background? Er... don't you mean the foreground? xDD
Oh, and thanks for the comments taicho! Much appreciated. ^^

LiLi.
05-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Nyyuuuuu, thie blast of colours are blinding miieee ><! Nah im just joking, brillant sig and effect. The font is nice & simple, bravo. Keep it up =3

mikadzuki
05-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Nyyuuuuu, thie blast of colours are blinding miieee ><! Nah im just joking, brillant sig and effect. The font is nice & simple, bravo. Keep it up =3

Haha! Yay to blinding colors!!! xDD *had just watched Speed Racer XP*
Kidding aside... Thank you for the nice comments ^^ I'm working on my fonts, glad you liked the fonts/text on that sig. ^^

poison.ivy
05-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Your work is very nice. But my all time fav is definitely that Code Geass Hush you're wearing atm. It's awesome <3 And, your new set is very refreshing ^^ Love the colors.

mikadzuki
05-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Your work is very nice. But my all time fav is definitely that Code Geass Hush you're wearing atm. It's awesome <3 And, your new set is very refreshing ^^ Love the colors.

Thanks! <3
The Hush sig is one of my faves too. I learned a lot in that one esp. about filters and adjustment layers xDD
Yay to colors!!! xDD Yeah, compared to my other works, the Vivid sig has more vivid colors. It's also a personal fave, I learned a new lighting style in that one xDD

EDIT:

As suggested by Karuto, here's the Pita Ten animated sig ver2.0 xDD
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/pitatenani_sig_20.gif

I've raised the speed of the frames from 7/100 to 20/100.
The original one IS fast. Looking at it now, I feel that the text on that sig is telling/pressuring me to "speed things up" xDD
Version 2 makes me feel a bit more relaxed looking at it. Thanks for the suggestion Karuto! Much appreciated! ^^

mikadzuki
06-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Finally, an update! ^^

The resulting sig when I was showing some filters and c4ds to a friend. The character is a Bard from Ragnarok, which he specifically chose. I attached the extract should any one would like to use it on their work. Credit, of course, is definitely appreciated. xD

Suggestions is always highly welcome. ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/bard-sig.png

EDIT: I found the extract of Ikuto of Shugo Chara which I've used in a previous work and thought of attaching it too. Feel free to use it if you like ^^

Karsh
06-10-2008, 10:45 AM
I like your style. Your pictures are interesting and I hope you will show us many other images.
But I think your pngs are better than the gifs.

lostvanity
06-10-2008, 01:54 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/bard-sig.png

i like it. Since I am a fan of green, it fits my style.

mikadzuki
06-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Karsha: Thanks! I do plan to up more works, just having a few technical problems as of late. I've focused more on the animation on the .gifs and overlook a number of other aspects of the sig itself. Though I plan on doing a better quality .gifs when I have the chance.

lostvanity: Thanks! Green is my current fave LOL

mikadzuki
06-25-2008, 01:12 AM
At long last! An update! Well... sorta ^^

This is something I cooked up during my lunch break. I'm still thinking what else to do or not to do with it, so I thought I'd post it as it is for possible inputs on how else I could improve the tag. The text is bleh, I know. I put it there in the mean time (no respectable fonts on this pc >_>)...plus I just don't wanna post it without any text... and putting a watermark on it would be laughable, don't you think? ^^;

Anyway, crits and suggestions are very much welcome and appreciated ^^

Oh, and if I've distorted the extract to much for recognition...
It's actually Luffy from One Piece ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/luffy_sig.png

Jimbow
06-25-2008, 03:12 AM

I've been looking through this thread and you got some very nice sigs,, this one I like the most tho :)

Tsubaki Yoshikara
06-25-2008, 03:55 AM
I've been looking through this thread and you got some very nice sigs,, this one I like the most tho :)

Yes!I feel the same way too XD
Probably because of the BG???

Jimbow
06-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Yes!I feel the same way too XD
Probably because of the BG???

I think so, yes :)

mikadzuki
06-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Jimbow: Thanks! It's one of my most favorite to date. It's an experiment with color and C4Ds. I like how it came out and am glad you like it too ^^

Tsubaki Yoshikara: Thanks! Well, the bg on the "vivid" sig is the most saturated of all the sigs I've made so far... and I think the most crisp looking too. ^^

My works tend to be monochromatic or tends towards a certain color theme... I was trying to break that tendency in that "vivid" tag. ^^

Hmmm... come to think of it... I'm going off to the same tendency again ^^;; annoying habit >_> I'll have to revamp the Luffy tag me thinks ^^

=========

EDIT:

I was going to work on the Luffy tag I started at lunch today, but I left it on my other pc... forgot to save it on my flash drive. ^^; Anyway, I was trying to recreate the .psd of the Luffy tag but I ended up working on a BoA tag instead ^^

I wanted to try and make a set that uses c4ds and a clipping mask... and here's the result after a few hours: C4D renders to give her that glowing wings and the gold harp-like cage, clipping mask for the text and a number of adjustment layers that's why her skin tone ended that way xD Originally, she looked like this (http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/?action=view&current=BoA374019.jpg).

I think this set looks okay compared to the Luffy one... Still, I'd appreciate comments and crits. ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/BoA_beyond-dreams_avi.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/BoA_beyond-dreams.png

=======

EDIT EDIT:

Another avi for the set.
Thought I'd post it before I turn in for the night. *yawns* ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/BoA_beyond-dreams_avi2.png

Simple1
06-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Kinda busy i must say for some reason i can't get the focal point

But GJ & KIU

mikadzuki
06-29-2008, 03:33 AM
Simple1: I was trying to make BoA herself as the focus so I kept most of the luminescent colors near her. Still, thanks! ^^

======

Gift sigs and avis ^^

Here are some of what I worked on last Friday evening until the wee hours of the morning while waiting for my internet connection to get back on, which sadly, was only restored just now (it's already Sunday afternoon >_>)

I made this using our home desktop pc and I just found out that there was a stark difference in the display of our monitor compared to the other pc and notebooks I use. Only the deskstop has CS2 & CS3 installed, my laptop only has PS 7.0 'coz of it's low HD. It turns out that the sigs that appear saturated, slightly sharpened and dark actually appear as "washed", overly sharpened and very light when viewed on an lcd monitor X_x;;; I found that out when I viewed the same sigs using both monitors at the same time.

I made these the 2 avies and the sig using the VGA monitor.
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/zyronet_ff-avi.png http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/zyronet_ff-avi2.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/zyronet_ff-sig.png

To mimic how the sig looks on our (poorly adjusted) vga monitor, I added 10 more sort of "lcd adapt layers" using PS 7.0 on the laptop so that when viewed using normal monitors/lcds it will look like how it looks on our monitor... and here's what I got.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/zyronet_ff-sig-lcd-adapt.png

Same with this sig. The first one I made solely on the desktop. If you're using an lcd monitor or a well adjusted VGA one, this will look a bit washed.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/KuroTan-Cloud-Sig.png

Same sig/.psd file as above, only that using the notebook/lcd monitor, I added 4 more sort of "lcd adjustment layers" to mimic how the sig looks when viewed from our disply-distorted desktop monitor. ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/KuroTan-Cloud-Sig-lcd-adapt.png

Hmmm... so that sort of explains the differences in how the sigs look when viewed by different people... Anyway, at least it was a good thing I finally found out the problem with the display of our home desktop. ^^

Still, hope Kuro and Zy likes 'em.^^

C&C is highly appreciated xD

KuroTan
06-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Oho. Me like my gifty. I like the first one better though. Second one's a -little- too burnt. =b Thanks.

Dottie.
06-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Okies, The first signature for Zyronet has been done well :3 especially with the lighting. I think the text is a bit out of place and the C4D just doesn't look right on the right side of the sig - maybe if you turned it to the left a lil and moved it over more to the right. but thats just my opinion xD

I love the use of the C4D in Kuro's sig though, the colours go really well with the stock. It is also placed well because it makes the signature flow. The text is also well done because it isn't boring xD and original. Can't find anything wrong with this one.

mikadzuki
07-01-2008, 08:27 PM
KuroTan: You're very much welcome. Glad you like it ^^

dotmyztick: Thanks so much for your comments ^^ I'm glad to know there's at least an improvement in how I do lighting, use c4ds and putting in the font (for KuroTan's sig at least ^^).

++++++

Anyway...
Here's the animated version of KuroTan's sig (http://www.animeforum.com/showpost.php?p=2067536&postcount=125).
He lent me the .psd and I made a 60 frame .gif version. He said he was going for a "retro tv" look when he made the sig so that gave me the idea to animate it that way.

Hope you like it, Kuro ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/KuroTan_wingssig.gif

The Assassin
07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Those are very incredible sigs..geeez. Nice color effects. :D

KuroTan
07-02-2008, 12:24 AM
How awesome, it moves. I like it very much. Thanks mika. =D

mikadzuki
07-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Yoshitora Tokugawa: Thanks! Glad you like those little plays with color ^^

KuroTan: Yeah, it does ne? xD You're very much welcome. Glad you like the animation ^^

+++++

And now for an update.

A Brandon Boyd sig commissioned by Bragi.
I may change a few bits if I find resources (esp font) that are more suitable ...unless of course if the sig's okay with him as it is. ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Bragi_boyd-sig.png

mikadzuki
07-05-2008, 02:54 AM
yay! 100 kiriban! xD
LOL

Anyway, I think it's now okay to make a new post. This one's the sig for my good friend, naotavespaboy. It's Nephenee of Fire Emblem. I saved two versions because I can't decide which looks better ^^; Though I'm leaning more on the first one 'coz it looks a bit more natural compared to the second... but then it might be my monitor acting up again ^^;;

@naotavespaboy: Hope they're to your liking. Just tell me if you want anything adjusted. ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Nephenee-sig.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Nephenee-sig_ver2.png

naotavespaboy
07-05-2008, 06:03 PM
They're awesome I can't thank you enough for the time and work that you put into these for me. Well I hope you get many more requests for siggys in the future and continue to offer your talents to the other guys and girls of this forum. Thanks again my friend!

Bragi
07-06-2008, 03:12 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Bragi_boyd-sig.png

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~! super awesome sig! I love it <3. I shall wear this sig proud. I love how light emanates from behind him, sorta like a spot light. also, as a musician, the lyrics by side really give the right attitude for him. I'm a Big fan of his works, and this sig really exemplifies me being a big fan of Incubus! I'm planning to print this on a Tee. *accepts sig and nods with great approval*

I shall wear it with pride! :cool:

mikadzuki
07-06-2008, 05:32 AM
naotavespaboy: You're very much welcome. I'm glad that you like it. Awesome game by the way. Hope I can try playing it sometime. ^^

Bragi: Haha! Thanks! You know very well that I'm an Incubus fangirl xD For a tee? LOL I was just thinking that would look great on a white shirt xD I may have to recreate the sig in higher resolution so you can get that nice quality print ^^ Brandon makes for a smexy shirt! d(^_^d) xDD

~*Red*~
07-06-2008, 05:35 AM
I love that Incubus sig Mika :)

The lyrics look awesome with that font and colour! Good stuf!

Hautalken
07-07-2008, 04:27 AM
The drive sig is REALLY good. But the right side of the extract bothers me a little. I don't know if it fits...

But awesome job on it, overall ^^

mikadzuki
07-07-2008, 04:51 AM
Red Hatake: Thanks! Glad you like it ^^

karuto: Well, I feel a little the same with the right side area but doing a precise extraction was so troublesome at the time... so I only made a quick extraction then and had to keep the right and just adjust the color and lighting to make it fit the graffiti-look... Have to have a wall for a graffiti LOL I was thinking of a light-dark division to the sig ^^ The left side though is my fave. xDD Thanks for the nice comments. ^^

===============
EDIT:

Just finished a new sig for myself. Something fractal this time.
Some c&c would be great ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Lifestream-sig-ver2.png

momoshiro
07-08-2008, 07:44 AM
great sig! it's smooth but not lacking in texture... can you make me one? something like a constellation of Aquarius.. hehehe.. i think that'll go well with your style.. looking forward to it..^^

mikadzuki
07-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Haha! Thanks! =D
Aquarius eh? Hmmm... me needs to do a little research on how that one looks then xD
For the mean time, try this one for size ^^ Finished it just now. I was planning a concept that's way waaaay~ different but after the third layer, I totally shelved the idea and ended up with this one =P It's a little tricky experiment but fun! LOL Enjoy! xD

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/momo-pinkblack-sig.png

EDIT:

Here's the avi

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/momo-pinkblack-avi.png

Dottie.
07-08-2008, 08:18 AM
I love the minimalistic and simplicity of your latest signature for momoshiro. The colours are well chosen and contrasting and the overall composition is very well thought out. Your other signature, the fractal one, Is awesome and somehow reminds me of final fantasy.. don't ask. lol xD. Just it looks a lil blurry, if you intended that then thats fine, but if not then it may be the file type or try sharpening the signature a bit especially where the C4D is. Other than that, It's a very well done signature. :3

momoshiro
07-08-2008, 08:22 AM
yay! great sig and avi set.. ^^
i really like it.. it's so simple and yet so... ME! <3<3<3

Hautalken
07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Just finished a new sig for myself. Something fractal this time.
Some c&c would be great ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Lifestream-sig-ver2.png

This one is awesome!! Flow is so spiral =3

I can't EVER do anything like that T_T

The text work in the momoshiro sig is awespome too. I'm horrible at text work and placement. Oh, and shouldn't that avi be a little smaller? Maybe a 100x100 px size would do...

mikadzuki
07-08-2008, 08:35 AM
momoshiro: Haha! Take that you walking contradiction! =P

dotmyztick: Thanks so much for the awesome remarks! Glad you like both sigs. Same here, about the fractal sig. During the process it reminded me of FF so I put in hints of green and put in Lifestream xD FF inspired after all. Hmmm... you have a point there. I'll try viewing it on an lcd screen since the display settings of the monitor on this pc is a bit off ^^; Still, I think I'll sharpen some parts to increase the depth of field. Thanks for the useful suggestion. Appreciate it! ^^

karuto: Thanks so much! I'm still learning how to create/follow 'flow' and do proper text placements/choices. Glad I'm making progress LOL Hmmm... with avies, I opt for the larger 150x150 'coz when uploaded here on AF, they are all standard sizes anyway. Plus since it's reduced to the standard size rather than increased to meet it, the avi retains quality. And I think, it's better to reduce a large image rather than enlarge a small one ^^

Bragi
07-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Ha! Great abstract sig for momo-chan! lol.. but am luvin' the the slipstream sig...

Improved Monumentally IMO... XD

Jagan Eye
07-14-2008, 02:19 PM

Kyah, your so good at these abstract siggys. This is such a cool background and I really like it. It seems "underwater" and all mysterious like. And the text suits the sig well. I kinda feel like it would feel more complete if you added a 1 pix black border around it so make it whole? Overall, so pretty, good job.

mikadzuki
07-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Thank you! <3

It's my first fractal sig. I'm glad it turned out okay. ^^

It does have a 1 px black border, though I've lowered the opacity and tweaked with the blending options of the stroke so it's not "visually black". I tried encasing the sig within a hard black solid color but it looked like the outward flow was cut or inhibited. That's why I opted for this seemingly border-less look ^^

Mira Kaiba
07-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Very nice sigs - I love the Lifestream sig. The flow and lighting are very nice, and I love the colors. The text is pretty good too, though the little red and purple dot line next to the name is just a tiny bit distracting.

I also like the set for momoshiro. Pink and black are always a very nice looking combination, and I like the way you split up the o's with the space in the center. It is simple, and very elegant, and nice to look at. Great sigs! ^^

mikadzuki
07-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Thank you so much! I'm happy for the good feedback on those 2 sigs <333

On the Lifestream sig, I used red-gray palette/swatches next to my name to counterbalance the green-blue color values I've use. The values are so close that I felt that the sig was beginning to border on the monochrome side. ^^; So I emphasized the lightings and used that red-gray swatch to seep out that tendency... much like a red seal in a Sumi-e painting ^^

Yeah, black-white-pink-gray combos look nice since they have a little of each other... but I only like that combo with certain shades of pink ^^ LOL You noticed! Yep, I split it to add visual interest to the pink-white color pattern and to prevent the color scheme from being too 'girly' [which momo would've definitely shunned ^^;]. Plus the second "o" being the visual and not the actual middle of the sig, it was an opportunity to differentiate how it looked with the other letter "O"s ^^

EDIT:
It's totally non sequitur but... I just noticed that tomorrow will be my 1st anniversary here in AF...LOL ...Hmmm... Ichinen mae... ka? Omoshiroi... xD

Bragi
07-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Waaah~ no new updates yet.. well, am one of yo' big fans mikachan. can I request to have your work printed on a tee?? I pay for them, just send 'em to me... lol. they'd look good in white or black tees. hehe!

Nice Ava btw. XD

mikadzuki
07-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry Bragi... Been a little busy lately so I haven't updated yet. ^^; Sorry it took quite a while to get around to making the avatar for the Boyd set "OTL

Well, hope you like it.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Bragi_boyd-avi.png

Oh, and yeah. T shirt print. Got it. Just tell me when you'd like it and I'll send it over. ^^

Bragi
07-27-2008, 05:12 AM
Bwahaha! that's fine, the long wait was worth it. lol.

*Bragi accepts and wears it with pride*

mikadzuki
08-13-2008, 08:03 AM
@Bragi: Glad you like it. Just request any set any time. xD

======

And now, an update (at last!) xD

A little birthday gift for Serated ^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/serated-version_400x160.png

This sig has the most number of layers among those I made by far. Each letter, including those in the reflection, has 16 layers. And I had to click save more than usual during the process since my pc started to get a wee bit laggy while working on the sig on CS3. Still, I'm happy it turned out okay. ^^

Jose
08-13-2008, 08:08 AM
MY GOD 16 a piece that mean just the letters alone are over 224 o.O wow that's amazing I think maybe 20 layers or so has been my biggest GIMP/Photoshop project to date

Well the turn out is amazing, I love it =D it turned out more than okay, it turned out amazing XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I want one XD

mikadzuki
08-15-2008, 09:00 AM
@Jose: LOL yeah, too many layers >_<
I'll see what I can do xD

=======

A gift for Soul Crusher. ^^
I realized I haven't made you a sig yet. Hope you like it. It's to commemorate the anniversary of your prank PM xDD

I'm interested in typography lately... plus I'm trying out new stuff. xD

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/soul-crusher-gift_ver65_455x182.png

mikadzuki
08-31-2008, 03:06 AM
Finally an update! It feel like it's been ages! xD
The desktop I use is still out of commission X_x But I did manage to leech momoshiro's CS2 for a few hours so I was able to make a new tag. Good thing the desktop still lets me access my files via LAN.

Anyway, I've been watching KHR lately. Funny series, that one is! xD I found a pic where Tsuna actually looks so cool (he isn't always so in the series >_>), I just had to extract him and make a new tag! LOL

I've attached the extract should anyone be interested. I'd appreciate some credit should you choose to use it. ^^

Also, I'd be happy to hear suggestions and constructive criticisms. I'm currently stuck in signature ideas... Kind of feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over. >_<

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Tsuna-sig.png

Famahama
08-31-2008, 03:32 AM
Seems like people are starting to use Steiner more often now xD
And I didn't know you and Momoshiro were relatives :3

Anyway back to topic,
Overall imo, too much negatives around him and the color blending is a bit strange ^^;; I like how you made the hair shoot out with flames, has more actiony-effect than usual ^_^

Hmm, a bit more would be adding some more props around him, to kill all the negatives mostly

mikadzuki
08-31-2008, 03:48 AM
You recognize the font. Yeah, a lot are using sans serif are the way to go nowadays. And Steiner is one of my faves. xD

LOL Yeah, momoshiro's busy at the moment so I'm taking advantage of her idle notebook xDD

Okay... so I need to put in more props or other points of interest in the bg. The blending was all random, next thing I know I have this toxic green dark graffiti wall ^^;;; At least I earn a good point for the flamed hair. xD

I'll remember those suggestions. Thanks Unleh-taicho! I appreciate it. *salutes* <3

mikadzuki
09-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Still having technical difficulties with our pc... but I managed to weasel an hour or two to extract and make this tag using momo's laptop xD. It's a welcome back gift for a very good friend of mine. ^^

Really good to have you back in AF, Hama-niisan! <333

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Tsuna-on-Fire-SIG.png

Famahama
09-01-2008, 11:02 AM
BETTER!
Nice flame effects there! But, I see you kinda made the eyes too contrasty @_@

mikadzuki
09-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Glad to hear there's a semblance of improvement. ^^
The eyes were intentional... I want them to draw most of the attention... and sort of make them seem almost aflame.

Bragi
09-03-2008, 04:50 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Tsuna-on-Fire-SIG.png

lol... I love it! although its not mine still the workmanship is superb.

I want to request too. pm to you the details! XD

marvelous! simply marvelous!

Hautalken
09-03-2008, 08:59 AM

Too much contrast. Something isn't right here either. Try to do something about lighting, maybe.

To tell you the truth, I liked the lifestream one better. This is too firey. Calm blues and greens seem to suit you better ^^

mikadzuki
09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Bragi: Thanks. Happy you liked that one x3 Still working on your requests... Gotta learn a few more things before I make the final ones... ^^;

Karuto: Thanks for your honest opinion. I appreciate it. Yeah, it is firey... It's something related to the character's power. ^^ Also, I see the problem in the lighting you speak of. Thanks for pointing it out. <3

=====
Here's an experiment I did today. I was trying to apply what I learned about depth... and also learning to handle and balance negative spaces [the sig was cropped a couple of times to get rid of some dark seemingly useless space x3] I'd really appreciate comments, suggestions and constructive criticisms. ^^

@Bragi: Sorry, it's still on the experimental phase ^^' But feel free to tell me what else you'd like on the sig... or if I got the right character you've asked ^^;;;;

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Trancend-Sig.png

Hamashimura
09-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Lol...I'm already tired of typing how I haven't been here for a long time,so I'm gonna start commenting starting from the last one,and follow up with updates >__<
Hahahahaha,lol for that...

So,let's start with the commenting,shall we ^^
Last one...hmmm...hmmm...
I like the character position,it's well placed...
Bg is quite good,and effects are well pulled out...
It's kind look like a mass implosion,so it's good if you wanned to created it like that...
Balance of the siggy is good,and I like the look of that txt...
Very nice,goes well with the sig...
Complete flow of the sig is beautifuly done,giving sort of a good feeling to it...
I like siggies that are giving out that "feeling" out,it's always a pleasure to see artists doing it like that...
Borders are pretty well done too,going well with the bg image...
I especially like how character merges with the bacground effects,yet is well seen that he is still the main focus of the sig..
Nicely done Mika-chan,I love it...
Keep up the grand work dearie <33

Bragi
09-28-2008, 03:09 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/Trancend-Sig.png

Whooooooooooa!!!! I <3 it!!! :laugh:

I pretty much just gave vague instruction on the sig ( I trusted your taste! ). lol . I really love it, I'm thinking if I should print it on a tee or print a good large size and hang it on my... office?? ji! jk!

Transcend is the word my friend--you made another amazing work. d(^_^d)

mikadzuki
10-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Hamashimura: Thanks so much for dropping by my thread. I really appreciate it. I missed your interesting comments <3 I do try go make a sig that gives out a certain feeling or vibe or at least tell a story in a way... though, of course, I still need a lot of practice to execute, express and imbibe my sigs with those. ^^

Bragi: haha! You hardly gave any instructions at all save for the stock ^^' Anyway, glad you liked it though it is still an experiment in many many ways, LOL I'm still waiting for the stocks for the other sigs I promised you though~ ^^

=====
Now, for an update:

It's a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann inspired typography tag! 0/

I'm really enjoying that show. Haha!

Anyway, I first made a paper-pencil sketch of the hiragana and then inked it. After that, I scanned the image and added the other elements in PS. In case you're wondering, the hiragana text is just my username in, well, hiragana [redundant, sorry ^^']

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/mikadzuki_GLinspiredtypo.png

Hautalken
10-07-2008, 08:01 AM
That's "mikadzuki" in hiragana right?? It's pretty ^^ The stroking isn't too smooth though. But I guess it can just be overlooked. Forget about that.

It's just wonderfully feminine and that's what matters.

mikadzuki
10-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Karuto: Thanks! Yep, it's my name spelled in hiragana ^^ You're right about the stroke, not to smooth probably 'coz the edges stroked weren't smoothed. They were hand drawn and then inked traditionally ^^

==============
Another update! w00t!
Just got a little doze of inspiration *shrugs* xD

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/BoATag_livingcolors.png

Balance
10-07-2008, 12:32 PM
The thing that grabbed my attention the most on this signature was the text.
Although it's a bit hard to find at first...
It really does grab your attention really well.
I love the fire feel to this signature.

This was really well done.
Again, the text was really well done.
Something I should learn from you. ;D
However, it seems that it could have been a little more sharpened.
Just my opinion.
And it seems you could have done more.
But whatever. It's still hella smexy.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/mikadzuki_GLinspiredtypo.png
Heh, I can read that.
But for this kind of thing though...
I would have preferred if the hiragana was a bit more smoother.
That's all I would complain about.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/BoATag_livingcolors.png
Now the grey text seems out of place this time.
Although, it would be hard to place text in this kind of light.
But I love the effects that you put around the negative space and the mike.
Very well done, but looks like you could have done more.
Like clipping masks to get rid of clipping masks.
But then again, that would ruin the flow that you created from the mike.
Smexy anyway. X3

Hamashimura
10-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Voila!!!
It's my turn now <3
Hehe,let's see what you have up there...
Ah,your first sig,in hiragana is pretty good...
I love the complete simplicity of it...
So simple,yet so good...beautiful...but to think that guren inspired you on creating it...oh well...
Anyhow,nothing much to comment on this one tho,except that it is beautiful,and has sort of feminine feeling to it...Nice idea with black and white...

Second one,is amazing...I love it...
Who is the person in there...?
Anyhow,sig itself is beautiful...
Charcter focus reained untouched by the effecting,and that's already a plus...
Character is very beautiful,adding sort of magnificent and musical feeling to the complete siggy...very nice...
BG image is simple,yet astonishing,I am amazed with it...
Txt font and style,as well as the placement,is good,goes well with the complete sig,I love it...
Bordering,despite being so different than the sig flow,are great,they areally go well with the complete sig...
Nice work Mika-chan,this one is one of my favorites for now...
Congratulations for amazing me ^^
Keep up <3

Bragi
10-12-2008, 05:27 AM
oooohhh.... I'm liking the BOA sig, nice touch on the " living colors".

On your other experiment, you may add a clipping mask. just a suggestion. XD

mikadzuki
10-14-2008, 09:52 AM
@Balance: Whoa! Detailed comments! Thanks so much! <333 My typography needs work but I'm glad there's improvement. I'll aim to add more interest to the tags. I'll just vector the hiragana text I sketch that way I get smoother edges and stroke effects. I'm still learning how to deal with negative spaces though.... so all in all... me need moar practice! >_<

@Hama: The hiragana tag is based on the ep title shots of TTGL. I really liked their nice typography and the combination of the black and pink. Don't you like Guren Lagan? Her name is Kwon BoA. She's my favorite Korean singer and she'd also been part of many of my sig/avi projects. ^^ I was going for simple but it's hard to do and place the typography. Still, I'm happy you like my outcome. Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting <333

@Bragi: Thanks. I'm at my wits' end on how I'm going to do the text... and it just turned that way ^^' Hmmm... which experiment? 'Coz all of my works are lab rats xD If you're talking about the Transcend, the first one is like a WIP 'coz you didn't give any instructions ^^' But I've already added a few more stuff to make it more interesting, and probably more cluttered idk. LOL No clipping masks in that version though ^^

+++++++++

UPDATE: Transcend v.2

New touches to the Transcend tag.
Another special shout out to Balance.
This version was sharpened and has more interesting stuff in ^^
Had to redo the typography though to go with the changes.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/ged_autumn11/ged%20cg%20works/TrancendSigv2.png

Hamashimura
10-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Wow...that's BoA...?
I don't recall her looking like that...Yeah,she's my fave as well,I love her songs,especially ballad's (Dear my Love,Candle Lights,Lights of Seoul and My Genie being my favorites <333 )...I've seen the Best of Soul Tour and few videos,and she had no hair like that,hence being so confused about it...
Oh well...

As for Guren Laggan,no,sorry...that show was sort of...boring to me >__<
Sorry for saying that...

As for your latest post...Hehe,I like it more than previous version...
Again,character position is good,and I love how it emerges with the background,still leaving the main focus on it...
Nicely balanced out,and I love the background effects...
The Implosion-like effect,in which character emerges,is even better than on previous one...
Mood of the signature is quite good,giving out that kind of misterious feeling to it...
Txt placement and overall look of it is great,as well as the coloring...
Borders...heh,a very fine idea with them,goes well with the complete sig...

Overall magnificent,again...Very nice,keep up <3

mikadzuki
10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Yep. That's BoA <3
I especially love her fast beat songs and how she dances. I enjoy watching her music vids 'coz that where I get the dance moves I contribute LOL

I find Gurren Lagann funny, usually very preposterous, but mostly funny xD That's okay, of course, we have our individual preferences in what we watch ^^

Thanks! <3 The first one was a bit =_=; The latest version is a lab rat for wireframes and c4ds. I think it is way better than the first one. The change in color was a stretch but glad you liked it ^^

Famahama
10-15-2008, 06:19 AM
As I said earlier...
White space is a bit overpowering... it makes the background look like an odd-shaped border
Imo, the older color works more... with the original colors still showing. The yellow looks good, has a nice focus point ^_^ And the new colors kinda works too well with the surrounding, as in ... I can't tell if thats the foreground or background if you remove the wings >_>

The most thing that I dislike is the white, I REALLYREALLY have to say.

Other than that, very nice usage of the Wireframes, but over-using that may be lethal. Text work is pretty good as well =D

Well, keep on trying ^^;;
(Im hella cold here)

mikadzuki
10-27-2008, 05:32 PM
` Unleh: You are a fan of white xD Thanks, I'll use wireframes as moderately as appropriate next time ^^

It's been a while since last update. I'm glad this thread hasn't closed yet xD
Anyway, here's something created from a semi-dream state or a sleep-deprived one whichever suits xD

http://www.yinyanganime.com/intgfx/metal%20heart%20sig.png

MysticFairyDrmz
10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
` Unleh: You are a fan of white xD Thanks, I'll use wireframes as moderately as appropriate next time ^^

It's been a while since last update. I'm glad this thread hasn't closed yet xD
Anyway, here's something created from a semi-dream state or a sleep-deprived one whichever suits xD

Love this sig actually. Nice size and text is cool. Only thing i think it could use is more light spots so its not totally dark. Nice work.

Middy
10-27-2008, 07:20 PM

Very Awesome Tag
Composition here is excellent.
The lighting is set up almost perfectly (on the render) to achieve depth.

The sides could use some work - Just some basic, cleaning and touching.

Go Go Semi-Dream sigs!

mikadzuki
10-29-2008, 02:08 AM
MysticFairyDrmz:Light spots. Check. Tnx for the feedback ^^
Middy: Thanks. I'm not sure how to go about with the cleaning and touching though "OTL so just went for a soft black brush, added random lights [the eyes are alive now *o*], sharpened the render and played with the text [though I'm not sure if I did more good than harm "OTL]

Version2:

http://www.yinyanganime.com/intgfx/metal%20heart%20sig_v2.png

Version1: [reposted for comparison]

Dottie.
10-29-2008, 04:24 AM
Personally, I prefer Version 2.
The effects in the lighting make it much more prominant.
Making it therefore, more eyecatching ;O. Its also making the colours more saturated. Which I like~
I don't like the grey text, only on a personal note, because I probably would have used grey and orange to blend with the render. But its fine anyway XD.

Ya yaaaa. *thumbs up*

Hautalken
10-29-2008, 07:05 AM
I can't really make up my mind. Both the text works are pretty good. But they look a lot like wallpaper-style.
Hmm...I think I'll go with the second version. I like what you did with the backpack sort of thing. C4Ds?

mikadzuki
10-29-2008, 07:19 AM
dottie: Hooray to saturated colors! \0/ Grey-orange combo... Right. I'll try it ^^

karuto: Wallpaper-style? Is that a good thing? :3 I used 4 c4ds in it but I think what really brought out the backpack is the random light effects. ^^

Thanks so much for the feedback.
Here's version 3: Grey-Orange text ^^
I chose a muted orange so it won't pull out too much attention from the lighted backpack xD

http://www.yinyanganime.com/intgfx/metal%20heart%20sig%20v3.png