PDA

View Full Version : The laws of the Bleach Universe...

VraieEsprit
10-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I've just finished watching up to episode 143 of Bleach. (I'm avoiding spoilers in this post though, so it should be safe to read)

Has anyone else noticed the following things...

1. Battles may take anything up to six episodes to complete. It doesn't matter if someone else has a battle going on at the same time as you. Your battle will immediately freeze in time when someone else has the camera on them.

1b. Maintaining an attack style for eleven seconds in Bleach-verse time is actually counted in hits, not real time. The time inbetween when Ichigo and opponant are speaking or exchanging insults are not counted in the eleven seconds. If it was, there'd be no battle :P

2. If you happen to abandon your real body somewhere, it magically disappears until the time you happen to need it again. (Why is it we never see Ichigo go back into his body...?!)

3. No matter how hard the enemy hits them, Quincy glasses do not break. (Even if bones do.)

4. The strength of the captain is directly proportionate to the ridiculous/unusual nature of his hair. (See Byakuya and Kenpachi).

5. Uruhara Kisuke is, in fact, invincible. (As are his hat, sandals and ugly green coat.)

6. Everyone in Juu-ichi-ban is insane.

7. The longer the name of the sword attack, the more likely it will seriously slice you up.

8. Removing glasses and slicking back hair is subtle body language for "I'm an evil badass, beware."

9. Characters in Bleach do not die unless they are major league bad guys. (Although this could be because most of the characters are probably already dead, since they're souls...).

10. All the main characters' relatives fit into one of two groups - dead or insane. On some rare occasions, the relatives fit into both groups. This is the one exception to the "Characters do not die" rule (see above).

11. When fighting, anyone can walk across, fly through, or even fall against sky. It is also all right to blow up half of a city or neighbourhood in the interests of beating your opponant, since by the next episode this will probably have been magically fixed.

12. Kids can go missing from home and school for a month at a time and noone bothers to find out why...

13. Orihime should never be allowed near a kitchen. Ever.

For the record I actually enjoyed watching the series and I love Byakuya and Ishida in particular. (Although I get the feeling Ishida has some other job moonlighting somewhere because his appearances seem to be somewhat sporadic at times). I just have a warped sense of appreciation - anyone notice any other interesting "rules of thumb" for the Bleach-verse?

Vraie *bored...can you tell?*

realms89
10-15-2007, 04:28 AM
yup ive noticed somethings as well also i too just finished watching 143

Wio
10-15-2007, 05:21 AM
I've just finished watching up to episode 143 of Bleach. (I'm avoiding spoilers in this post though, so it should be safe to read)

Has anyone else noticed the following things...

1. Battles may take anything up to six episodes to complete. It doesn't matter if someone else has a battle going on at the same time as you. Your battle will immediately freeze in time when someone else has the camera on them.

1b. Maintaining an attack style for eleven seconds in Bleach-verse time is actually counted in hits, not real time. The time inbetween when Ichigo and opponant are speaking or exchanging insults are not counted in the eleven seconds. If it was, there'd be no battle :P

2. If you happen to abandon your real body somewhere, it magically disappears until the time you happen to need it again. (Why is it we never see Ichigo go back into his body...?!)

3. No matter how hard the enemy hits them, Quincy glasses do not break. (Even if bones do.)

4. The strength of the captain is directly proportionate to the ridiculous/unusual nature of his hair. (See Byakuya and Kenpachi).

5. Uruhara Kisuke is, in fact, invincible. (As are his hat, sandals and ugly green coat.)

6. Everyone in Juu-ichi-ban is insane.

7. The longer the name of the sword attack, the more likely it will seriously slice you up.

8. Removing glasses and slicking back hair is subtle body language for "I'm an evil badass, beware."

9. Characters in Bleach do not die unless they are major league bad guys. (Although this could be because most of the characters are probably already dead, since they're souls...).

10. All the main characters' relatives fit into one of two groups - dead or insane. On some rare occasions, the relatives fit into both groups. This is the one exception to the "Characters do not die" rule (see above).

11. When fighting, anyone can walk across, fly through, or even fall against sky. It is also all right to blow up half of a city or neighbourhood in the interests of beating your opponant, since by the next episode this will probably have been magically fixed.

12. Kids can go missing from home and school for a month at a time and noone bothers to find out why...

13. Orihime should never be allowed near a kitchen. Ever.

For the record I actually enjoyed watching the series and I love Byakuya and Ishida in particular. (Although I get the feeling Ishida has some other job moonlighting somewhere because his appearances seem to be somewhat sporadic at times). I just have a warped sense of appreciation - anyone notice any other interesting "rules of thumb" for the Bleach-verse?

Vraie *bored...can you tell?*

1. Well, have you considered that two seens could happen simultaneously even though we see them at two different times.
1b. Perhaps things are happening in slow motiion?

2. Obviously, they aren't going to focus on some body that we know is never going to move.

3. I don't think the glasses have taken any direct hits...

4. What about the afro shinigami that replaces Rukia?

5. This is the truth. He has some of the most ridiculous methods of decieving others into thinking they got him.

6. Pretty much!

7. Ichigo's attacks are the only named ones that seemed to have a short name. Even the not so effect attacks have a freaking long name.

LOL, I'm gonna stop here.

VraieEsprit
10-15-2007, 06:51 AM
1. Well, have you considered that two seens could happen simultaneously even though we see them at two different times.

Er. Yes. Absolutely. Don't take what I say so seriously ^_^ It's all tongue in cheek, you know :)

1b. Perhaps things are happening in slow motiion?I believe that's a law of anime generally, ne? ;)

2. Obviously, they aren't going to focus on some body that we know is never going to move.Hrm. What I meant was...that the body...disappears. In that it's not anywhere. It's not just that they don't focus on it. It's that it's not there. When Ichigo is a shinigami his body isn't sketched into the scenes in his home, the Uruhara shop or anywhere he's training/where he left it except on the odd occasion. ^_^. You hadn't noticed that? His family realise he's missing...but noone seems aware that a random ichi-corpse has suddenly turned up somewhere in this town...?

3. I don't think the glasses have taken any direct hits...
I'm not enough of a geek to go back and check. Not even if he is one of my favourite characters. Though considering how beat about he gets...I still think that it's odd something made of glass doesn't shatter...

4. What about the afro shinigami that replaces Rukia? Note I said CAPTAIN. Not random Shinigami. If I did, we'd be here a while :S

7. Ichigo's attacks are the only named ones that seemed to have a short name. Even the not so effect attacks have a freaking long name. Heh, maybe Ichigo's just stupid. But Bankai names seem to be longer than Shikai ones.

Vraie

dark wrath
10-16-2007, 11:53 PM
those laws are bacicaly all true i havent thought of that until now

Darken_dragon
11-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Man, you really must have been bored. Still, I have to agree. Though, I wish nuber 12 was true here...

Darken_dragon
11-08-2007, 09:57 AM
number, not nuber- sorry about that. - -'

Asriel
11-17-2007, 10:34 PM
For some reason.....as much as I watch the show and rewatch a few episodes.....i've never noticed that those laws are in fact true.Wow.You would think i woulda noticed by now......shows how much I pay attention.