PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Photo Contest for 9/21/2007 - THEME: Lights

Kaitou Ace
09-15-2007, 12:15 AM
So here we go, second photo contest. Please read and follow all the rules (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=63880) provided, and remember to ATTACH your entries to your post.

One submission per person.

ONLY POST TO MAKE A SUBMISSION. Any threads with questions on the rules should go into the contest rules thread. I will be giving out forum infractions for posting in contest threads without actually making an entry into the contest.

If your entry is not ATTACHED it will not be counted. Please pay attention to this. Read this line again, and if you do not know what that means, PM me and I will tell you O_o;

Theme is "Lights" anything that emits photons. Stars, the sun, a lamp, a lightbulb. Try to be creative O_o;

This thread will be closed at midnight on Friday Sept 21st, and a voting thread will be provided with our top picks.

Asclepius
09-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Here's my try with the photos. n.n Enjoy.

Zedekiah
09-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Here's mine, hope the EXIF works this time, did when I checked at least : x

EvoGenesis
09-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Well here is my submission, A newly hatched Cicada drying its body in the central Australian sun, and it might well be discounted, but id argue that the Cicada in this photo is emitting(or at least reflecting) enough photons to make it eligible

Photo taken with an Analog Nikon F80 SLR sporting a Nikon AF Nikkor 28-100mm lens, during summer in, Alice Springs, Australia

☆LadyKikyou☆
09-18-2007, 04:04 AM
okie dokie..heres my submission..>.< again i used a kodak easy share..

Megumi Oaks
09-18-2007, 08:55 PM
This wont count because it was taken on a film camera and not a digital. It was taken with an aperture of 1.8 and a shutter speed of 1/2s.

Himura Kenshin
09-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Snuck the shot off at a local bank...Rebel XT

Kaitou Ace
09-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Image taken right by Wall st, where it meets the water, looking from the pier towards the Brooklyn Bridge. A 6 second exposure, so the camera was resting on a railing, while I pre-focused the shot and used the timer to take the image to avoid camera shake.

As always, not an eligible entry for the contest, but I am making a habit of making a submission for each of the contests.

BuLmA
09-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Here's mine! This is my only nice shot & I really wanna join. This is taken in my Grandma's birthday.

Key
09-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Okay, so I'm trying something new here.
Since you [the mod] said try to be creative, I did just that. But, I had difficulty to choose which one's the best. I shot 8 photos, and I have to pick one of them to submit it over here. In the end I choose this. Very tricky, and very risky to choose... >_<

Shot it in the car, in zoom mode, viewing the screen. The lights are actually the lamp posts from highway. Was raining, and dark [night time]. And I do know shooting a photo in a car was not a good thing to do. It'll make the photo go blurry, and unstable when the car is moving. But after I shot it, it looks cool when I previewed it in the camera.

I don't think this photo tells a story. But one thing I do know this, it's an abstract art/photo. And the title is called 'Dance of the Fireflies'.

Queen Dopplepopolis!
09-20-2007, 03:10 PM
i'm not that good with this kind of thing, but i thought i'd give it a try!

zyronet
09-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Trying my luck with my new cam..

mhumoo
09-21-2007, 10:03 AM
here is my entry.. it doesnt look good but.. id wanted to join so whala.. here it is... i call it pinoy Christmas.. its a bit blurred coz i really dont know what im doing...hehe..tnx for viewing..

UrusaiSevera
09-21-2007, 01:09 PM
And here is my entry... on the last day ... x3

I named it "Reflection".. you can see why... and because I'm not that creative with titles xD

Hope you all like it!

And I had it on ISO high...I think it should perhaps be a number.. but I have no idea what that would be ... -_-"

SerenityFaye
09-21-2007, 02:25 PM
And skidding in on the last day, as usual, is myself and my entry.
Taken a few weeks ago, but I think it works well for this theme.