PDA

View Full Version : Buruku's....stuff

Buruku
09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm new to this, but so far I think I'm doing pretty good.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/Buruku/catgirl.jpg
I'm open for any tips/advice/etc.

If you want a sig by me, PM me.

Edit: Ok Mary told me I need to make them smaller, so from now on they'll be normal sig size.

Capernicus
09-10-2007, 06:29 PM
o____o Well.....uh....layers...at least you got that Brooke. Though...erm...she doesn't look very good.

Day
09-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh my. O.o

The colors just hurt my eyes. x.x But anyway, its ok but all of the colors like that does not look good. Layers...and stuff... >>

KuroTan
09-10-2007, 06:44 PM
I think you got a little too enthusiastic about the whole sig making process...not that it's a bad thing.enthusiasm is one way to persevere on those cold, dreary nights when you still have to finish a request.lol.

anyway, comments.uhm...backgrounds not that bad.pretty good actually.^^ and you have an eye for what colors blend well together and what don't.

criticism time (constructive hopefully) First we start with brushes. You want to use brushes that save you the time of actually drawing what you really want to put, like those swirly bits. You can download a lot of good ones from deviantart or by just typing it on the web. (I am assuming you are using photoshop, GIMP, paintpro and the like.If you are just using Paint, I don't know if they have custom brushes.)

Then the font. I think it's look better if u use the text tool for it. Usually, you only want to do it free stye if you have a stylus because a mouse is really too difficult to use as a writing implement.

Lastly, border. There's a pretty nifty button in photoshop called "stroke" It can easily put a border in your sig so you don't have to tire yourself out doing it manually.

Sorry if that went on a little too long. I hope that helps and I'll be looking forward to more stuff from you.^^

Buruku
09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. But I'll just let you know that I'm just useing Gimp right now, and its pretty confusing! I don't really know how to use half the tools yet, too many button things.

zyronet
09-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Yep.. the colors.
I'm not good in giving creative comments of what ever they call it.. But i think the decreasing the size would be nice. And you can check the tutorial threads if you want to know more.

Keep it up!

Buruku
09-16-2007, 03:52 PM
K, I know there's some messed up parts, but I did this today, I think its significantly better.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/Buruku/sigbackroundvercopy.jpg

KuroTan
09-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Significant, my lady, comes nowhere close. This is a very very good sig. Huge improvement from your first one. Character placement is good and the background's not that bad either. If I had any complaints it would be with the extract. Some parts are left kinda rugged... But overall good job. Keep it up.^^

Capernicus
09-16-2007, 05:55 PM
lol She didn't extract it, she cheated and colored around it. XD Not bad though. Where is the avy?

KuroTan
09-16-2007, 06:00 PM
lol She didn't extract it, she cheated and colored around it. XD

Well I guess that's one way of doing it.lol. Commendable patience then. If it was me I'd have bombed halfway and just go all crazy with the brush.XD