PDA

View Full Version : Game to movie!

shane the ninja
09-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Ok which game would you like to see made into a movie, ok then i would love to see the game Alex the kidd made into a movie it would make a great movie i think (Notye sarcasim in my voice0. Now on a serious note i would like to see a remake of the mario movie something that is not as bad smelling as last months tuna

Tempest Wind
09-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Eh, to me, video games, and movies are two ideas that were never meant to be together. Be it from movies to games, or vice-versa, the end result usually sucks...

Hamashimura
09-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Dunno...after I saw Blood Rayne movie,I kinda lost interests in game-to-movie thingies...
But Guilty Gear would make some fine piece of movie...or series...but animated,not live-action >_<

Regex
09-06-2007, 05:56 PM
There are some games that would make for interesting movies. The most successful of these, I think is Advent Children. It was SquareEnix's second attempt, and this time they got it right: Focus on beautiful animation and amazing choreography in fights, and don't try to make the story.

What I'm looking forward to is the announced Warcraft movie. There's a lot of story they have to work with, so hopefully it will come out very well.

Knightmare
09-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Most games wouldn't make a good transition from console to the big screen but a few probley could...

Metal gear solid
Grand theft auto
and/or
Halo

International 4-8818
09-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Bioshock, gears of war, mass effect, Gundam Mobile Ops, and lost planet.

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
09-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Hmm.. games to movies is a thing that doesn't always turn out as successful as you think... Don't know if I'm the only one but I felt the Resident Evil movies could have been a lot better >.< But then Silent Hill was an awesome movie and is definitely one of my favourites.

I think I'd like to see Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto, Devil May Cry and I think they should do a Futarama film .. could be good if done right :p

overwatch
09-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Its always a gamble - even if the original writers and devlopers of the game remain in strong control over the production and content of a film it can back fire - Final Fantasy film - however generally speaking when film producers are let lose they can really mess things up - Dungeons and Dragons film/Eragon/Tales of Earthsea (messed up twice - once by Ghibli - good film but not what the author liked)

Gaarademon
09-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Gears of war would be pretty sweet

Codename 47
09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
I always wanted a Hitman movie and well...it's being released this November :D Hitman is one of my most favorite video game franchises and by the looks of the trailers, this movie should be pretty sweet!

PanzerJager
09-07-2007, 09:55 AM
ok.. I think that taking any work out of its element (game to movie or vice-versa) is ruining it.. but here are some that are going to be made..

Halo - our latest Hollywood screwup, with Brad Pitt as master chief..
Splinter Cell - wow... im speechless.... with disgust.

im sorry people, im having a cynical moment.. :laugh: feel free to send condolences..

BiggSam
09-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Halo - our latest Hollywood screwup, with Brad Pitt as master chief...

Wow...who's brilliant (yes that is sarcasm) idea was that. How is some Hollywood prettyboy going to play the Chief? Whoever decided to cast him should be drawn and quartered...slowly.

Halo would be an AWESOME movie, but Brad Pitt...come on. If they just focus on casting the right actor (NOT Brad Pitt) instead of a well-known name (Brad Pitt) they would probably make a much better movie...its not like they need to make up for a lack of story...Halo has a great story line to it. The guy who plays the Chief should be big, strong, and NOT BRAD PITT!!!

Khanxay
09-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Gears of War movie was announced like...a while ago. Quote from Wiki since I can't do much at school.

On March 20, 2007, it was announced that New Line Cinema had purchased the rights to make a Gears of War film, with Stuart Beattie writing the script along with Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, who will be producing it. The film is scheduled to be released in 2009

I would say Star Ocean but...it would be very much like Star Trek.

The Wing Man
09-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Well ofcourse a god of war movie based off the first game and a sequal based off god of war 2, those games have good enough stories to make a screenplay out of it and the special effects would be amazing.

overwatch
09-10-2007, 12:35 PM
I would say Star Ocean but...it would be very much like Star Trek.

Only the basic science concepts - after that the story would carry its own weight. Granted on the cinema screen it would probably be seen as a copy, but if done well nobody would care.

Shirai Ryu Scorpion
09-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Love this topic!

My recommendations into consideration of Hollywood films:

Halo (Of course)
Splinter Cell
BioShock
Gears of War (Maybe..)
Lost Planet (Maybe a anime series or a animated movie).
Ghost Recon (Probably the best war movie).

Edited: Command and Conquer the movie? Perhaps?
Edited yet again: And probably a Metal Gear movie.

KillerDragonX
10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
there would be a couple of games that would be great as movies, ok well for starters the dynasty warriors games would do well considering they have an actual storyline, Nanobreaker would make a good sci-fi movie, a good drama would be grand theft auto, musical of course would be ddr lol

CrimsonMoon
10-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Final Fantasy X and VIII. Animated, no real person involved. Otherwise I'd be disgusted. Seeing that Advent Children is a success, why not other FF series?

realms89
10-30-2007, 02:45 AM
i would love to see metal gear solid made into a movie but staring a young clint eastwood