PDA

View Full Version : What is your 1st impression on the show INUYASHA?

*IceQueen*
09-06-2007, 02:05 AM
[SIZE=3]well....mine is that at first i thought it is a boring show ....but after watching it , i decided i liked it....:)

Takatofan1986
09-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Im not into fighting much, so i saw the add with Tetsiga and assumed thats all it was, was fighting. but now i know there is sooooo much more!

*Huggles Shippo*

VraieEsprit
09-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I think I just assumed it was a fighting show. And in some ways it is. But I'm not ashamed to admit I like it anyway.

I think that some of the fight stuff is repetitive, but I think many of the characters are great and well thought out. And most of all it's funny.

I may possibly laugh at more things in Inuyasha than are meant to be humorous, but there are genuinely a lot of funny things in that show.

It's the kind of anime you don't have to really think about either...the plot is simple and up front so it's a sort of "chill out" kind of show.

I'm somewhat weird though - I prefer episodes without Naraku in (annoying boring villain) and I'm irritated by Inuyasha's relationship Kikyou/Kagome tension (She died, darnit, get over it already...).

I like it mostly when it's focused around the central group, in either world, with Sesshoumaru somewhere in the shadows ;)

I think a lot of people discard the idea of watching Inuyasha because of the stereotype but it's not as bad as people think. In contrast I've never got beyond the first episode of Naruto (equally popular and an anime my friend is somewhat obsessed with)...

Vraie

Gaarademon
09-06-2007, 10:40 AM
it was alright at first it got better later on in the series though

Zantetsuken
09-06-2007, 12:36 PM
It looked like the same thing I've already seen from other animes. Nothing unique about it at all.

Sobriquet
09-06-2007, 03:05 PM
At first I thought it was a great anime because InuYasha looks really cute. And it was quite interesting. Near the end of the show, it was a little dull. So I've decided to watch other animes.

Hamashimura
09-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Well,when I started watching it,it was good show...
I liked the storyline,characters were good and everything was fine...
Everything...and then fill up episodes came...ok,I passed through that too...
And then the end...when I saw that anime isn't finished (yeah,yeah,I know there's a manga,but I prefere watching),I saw that it's not that great...
And all that Tetsuasiga's level up much reminds me of DBZ,which I didn't like very much...
Whenever Inu is ina pinch,he uses something far more powerfull than anything by now,or he changes into demon...
But I liked the movies...

plucky
09-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Inuyasha was actually the first anime I'd ever been able to get into.
It opened a floodgate for me. I agree with an above-poster who mentioned that the show is really amusing.

nikoko-nozomu
09-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Honestly, I wasn't exactly impressed the first time I saw the show. ^_^;

I kept watching it, though, because it was one of the better anime I'd seen in a long time. It grew on me and became a favorite. Despite that, it eventually dropped off my radar because I didn't have as much time to watch it and some of the fillers were pretty cheesy.

It still holds a special place in my heart of hearts, but I'm not really an active member of the fandom anymore.

Kagome
09-07-2007, 08:39 PM
My first impression...was of the manga...I saw that in 2000, when Inuyasha was being contructed into anime form in Japan. I thought it was cute, and funny...I couldn't say the name Inuyasha to save my life, but-that's okay. lol.

I didn't see the anime till almost a year later when I saw a raw clip of Kagome slamming Inuyasha through the bridge after he got Tetsusaiga. I thought it was funny as hell-(though not so much any more) and it prompted me to buy it from overseas *long before* VIZ took it and killed the character's voices.

Ari_86
09-07-2007, 08:44 PM
At first i thought it was boring but now i think its pretty cool. But it got boring agian lol, after watching the same shows over and over agian.

QWE
09-08-2007, 01:47 PM
At first I thought it was a lame, boring show but I gave it another chance a grew to like it!

Perpetual Specter
09-08-2007, 03:41 PM
At first it seemed boring,but I eventually liked it.It's one of those shows that you can't watch one episode and assume that it sucks,you have to watch it for a while to really see what you think about it after.You have to give it a chance first.

Kawairashii hikari
09-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Honestly, I wasn't exactly impressed the first time I saw the show. ^_^;

I kept watching it, though, because it was one of the better anime I'd seen in a long time. It grew on me and became a favorite. Despite that, it eventually dropped off my radar because I didn't have as much time to watch it and some of the fillers were pretty cheesy.

It still holds a special place in my heart of hearts, but I'm not really an active member of the fandom anymore.

yea i agree with you i wasn't really impressed with story line but impressed with drawing more than anyrthing since it was like the first anime show i was really into...

Sonata
09-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Well,when I started watching it,it was good show...
I liked the storyline,characters were good and everything was fine...
Everything...and then fill up episodes came...ok,I passed through that too...
And then the end...when I saw that anime isn't finished (yeah,yeah,I know there's a manga,but I prefere watching),I saw that it's not that great...
And all that Tetsuasiga's level up much reminds me of DBZ,which I didn't like very much...
Whenever Inu is ina pinch,he uses something far more powerfull than anything by now,or he changes into demon...
But I liked the movies...

I agree with you. I loved the series for a long time, but it just kept going and going and they kept getting stronger and stronger (very DBZ-ish) without really making any progress. When I watched the last episode, I was so mad that it had no real ending! I prefer watching to manga as well, when I can, but maybe in this case I'll make an exception just to hopefully get a decent end at some point.

I guess I should have expected it though, because according to my husband the same thing happened with Ranma 1/2, also by Rumiko Takahashi.

Ramonkun
09-13-2007, 12:30 AM
My first impression was how the sword was made from a fang which got me curious of the show

Durzo Blint
09-13-2007, 05:57 AM
My first impresion was "dude that chick just threw herself down the well. sweet"

SexyGoth
09-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Greetins Icequeen,
just thought I'd reply to your question...and my first impression of Inuyasha was
...I thought he was the bad guy and Naraku the good guy. (Pathetic huh?)

Sonata
09-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Greetins Icequeen,
just thought I'd reply to your question...and my first impression of Inuyasha was
...I thought he was the bad guy and Naraku the good guy. (Pathetic huh?)

That's not pathetic. Inuyasha IS kind of a bad guy, especially at the beginning.

The Governator
09-13-2007, 09:37 AM
My first impression when I exposed myself to pain in visual and audio form? I wanted to gauge my eyes out, dip them in acid, bt them back in my sockets and then shoot myself in the head with a 12 gauge Faranchi SPAS-12 Shotgun, yes I hated it that much.

BiggSam
09-13-2007, 10:22 AM
at first I thought it was pretty stupid, but I got into the story and began to enjoy it more and more, so now I watch it every day.

Nariel
10-18-2007, 10:23 PM
I basically liked it from the start. It's got a lot of fillers, which wasn't so great, and I wish Inuyasha would just get OVER Kikyo, but I liked it. It's serious, but also funny enough to relieve the tension. In the manga I LOVE the drawing, and the drawing in the anime (minus the movies) is good too. The characters are so funny!

Zarnib
10-18-2007, 11:21 PM
At First I thought it was a great anime but the story kinda dragged on & on, so I got bored and started reading lots of other manga instead.

Jose
10-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I've always liked the show even when it started

Souhi
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
First impression was a below average. To be fair, it was one of my first real anime programs, so I was excited by anything. Comparing it to my experience now, it had alright animation, a pretty average plot, and pretty predictable characters.

I waited a while for it to redeem itself, but if anything my rating lowered. It's not...terrible really. I just don't find it that special anymore.

rubberbabybuggybumper
10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
At first I was excited about watching it because from what I heard about it from friends was that it was pretty good and the first few episodes were good. But then it got repetative, predictable, and hard to watch. I had to push myself to just sit through an episode because it was frustrating me. I started to dislike it more and more as the show progressed.

Wio
10-26-2007, 01:43 AM
I saw the kimonos and thought "No wonder the weeaboos like this one".

ReccaReichiri16
10-27-2007, 03:33 AM
When I first saw it, I already like it.

~ Keigetsu Shukumei ~
11-16-2007, 05:07 PM
My first impression was, "Sweet".

lovelicious
12-04-2007, 08:39 PM
I liked the anime for the first times - I think it was because the Inuyasha and Shippo. But near the ending.. I got bored and just left it. I prefer the manga.

Kagome
12-04-2007, 10:59 PM
I saw the kimonos and thought "No wonder the weeaboos like this one".

LOL. I like that answer.

Though-there are no *actual* kimonos in the series...heh.

darkjester
12-04-2007, 11:01 PM
First thought-"What The Heck??!?!?!?!?!" confusing at first

Gin Weasley
12-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I dunno really. Hell; at least it was a decent anime; which is what I thought. o_O Though Rumiko made it to be supposedly long and quite twisty, it was a straight run; really.

Asriel
12-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Inuyahsa was the 2nd anime I ever watched.
When i first watched it,I thought it was alittle funny,and was very cool with all the action and stuff going on.
After a while I stopped watching it and ecided to watch other anime.I did however started to wtach it again when new episodes started to come on.So my empression on it is, Its okay but really boring whenthey strat showing nothing but old episodes the whole time.
Also i notice that have never tooken it off.They'll take off other anime but not that for some reason.I'm puzzled with that.0_o

Kagome
12-09-2007, 04:25 PM
They'll take it off eventually...though I still want to STAB and KILL and MAIM and MURDER the english voice actors for it.

First impression of DUBBED Inuyasha: I tried to literally rip the hair out of my head...it was that awful. x.x I cried. My ears bled.

Amyrat151
12-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah, the English vocie actors are pretty bad. But I think that Sesshoumaro and Miroku are pretty okay, and Sango and Kikyou are bearable. But InuYasha is awful, he sounds like Aladdin to me, and Kagome is also not well cast at all! Which is bad because they take up about 60% of the series.
The anime is okay I think, just okay. The reworking of Shippo to turn him into the whinniest little coward whose only use is InuYasha's punching bag bugs the crap out of me. Plus Kagome says InuYasha's name way way way to much, and the over play the Kagome's-in-danger-have-to-save-her thing, making her quite annoying. And the misinformation that's in there, like Kikyou made the beads, not Kedae.
The only thing that I think is great about the anime is the score. Kaoru Wada's hauntly beautiful meledies really make the scenes come alive.

Variados
12-14-2007, 09:33 AM
My first impression was...like "Hey, it looks like Zenki, let me watch it" and then I was like uh...I think I should stick with Zenki...hahaha, Inuyasha is sucky, the first ten episodes were good, but then it seems they ran out of ideas or something... and then the only reason I kept on watching it, it was because I love the characters like Seshoumoru.. and Kikyo... and Miroku. And for fun, I was watching it in spanish and english time to time...in Spanish sounds very funny... but Inuyasha sounds way better hahaha, when I first watched it...I thought Inuyasha had the worst voice ever...sounded like a whiney person. Also, another impression I got is the I thought it was going to be a short anime because there is just one main villain, but no, they had too put too many episodes the looked like the last episode. If I had to rate this anime will be 4 out of ten, because I seem better but I seem worst too.

kagomei
12-14-2007, 09:42 AM
well i loved inuyasha when i first saw it it wasss awsome

~*Samara*Densuke*~
12-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I thought it was kinda of boring at first, but when I watched more episodes of it, it got interesting

Yuuki Kurosu
12-14-2007, 10:25 PM
I saw it when I was younger so I was like "WTF?" It was kinda funny but I loved it. ^^ I started getting into anime when I was weee little so yeah, lol. Inuyasha was one of the animes that made me relize what anime was, that and Rurouni Kenshin.

Hina-chan
12-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I though it was weird at first. haha no offense. I thought it was pretty good when I continued watching it

Zidarri
12-14-2007, 10:30 PM
At first, I thought it looked cool. But after watching it, I hated it. Horrible story, horrible characters, and awful animation. InuYasha, to me, is one of the worst animes I've ever seen. Not to count the annoyingness of Kagome, the stupidity of Shippo, or the boredom of Miroku.

golden eyes19
02-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I got into it at an early age, so for me it was the greatest thing I had ever seen. I still enjoy it today, but it was extremely drawn out and predicatable.

NinnaMoon
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
1st > "Hum, that guy in the white hair is cute!"

2nd > "I like his voice, he's really funny!"

3rd > "Uh, is this supposed to be about demons?!"

4th > "Hope my parents don't find out I'm watching a show like this!"

5th > "I think I'm going to stop watching this now!"

6th > "Omg! I'm kinda obsessed with this show!" *sneaking to watch the show*

~*Red*~
02-01-2008, 12:29 PM
I've always been a fan of Inyuasha, even when I thought I was getting boring sometimes.

Kanjoudakai_Ira
02-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Inuyasha was my second favorite anime,infact it was the anime that included me in the anime world.I loved it,i was a Inuyasha fan.But it got kinda boring so yeah...i moved on to other anime.Plus,at first i thought inuyasha was a girl lol cause i watched it without sound.

blackcatme
02-02-2008, 05:42 PM
it was actually my first anime seen, so it was very cool for me
i really liked it

sorasora222
02-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I thought it was weird. I didn't know ANY anime then..
exept Sailor moon and Pokemon but..
I was very confused
x]

Goodylucky
02-10-2008, 11:43 PM
the first ep I watched is not ep 1, so it really confuses me.
but when i watched ep 1, I'm not confused, and I liked it

KazuYuki
02-11-2008, 09:56 AM
when i first switched the channel i saw a boy with one giagantic sword and he had long white hair and ears! and i said to my self(WHAT TRASH!) but i still continued watching it anyways,and now in hooked.it's addictive

Faceless
02-12-2008, 12:53 PM
When i saw it first time i fell in love with it immediately!!^^ I mean its not love it addiction...Now that there no more tv episodes i know that the comic is still goin on and i wna know what happens next :(!!

seishi_XBlood
03-14-2008, 11:58 AM
First time.... I thought it was a cool show!!!! And I will always watch this show again,again and again!!! ALL the characters are awesome!! NARAKU too..:D

http://www.animeforum.com/image/14449847daae9f29e93.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=27632)

Infinita
03-14-2008, 12:12 PM
When I first seen it, it was ok. It took me a while to get into the show. Then, I stopped watching it all together. It was getting really long and episodes were repeating. I would go back and watch it again if I wanted to. ^^

ryku isaigana
03-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I was really into it until around episode...50-55. Then it really died on me.

kermit teh frog
03-16-2008, 10:12 PM
first time i watched it i loved it i watched that but it used to be bleach came on before so i watched a lil bit of it and i liked it and so on...thats how i got in to anime so inuyasha is always gunna be my favorite anime.

mika91
03-17-2008, 01:26 AM
when i first saw it...i thought..."oh my god...is that what they call anime?" then i watch it until the last episode when they said..."the end will continues on manga" i was frozed...but inuyasha is one of the earliest anime i started to watch...i LOVE it very much...

kaori_tenshi
03-17-2008, 09:26 AM
First Impression...well I was quite young, so any anime looked amazing to me. I thought it was great...until I found other anime. xD

Still...it's an anime that helped me get into anime. Though, Yugioh and Sailor Moon were the real first time anime winners for me >w<

Overall, Inuyasha is pretty good. I liked the movie! The kiss was great hehe.

inukag356
03-27-2008, 07:43 PM
My first impression was, " Fantasy! I like it already!!" At times it's a little boring, but it never ceases to amaze me!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Steps for an Inuyasha series:
1. beat the bad guy.
2. have recoup time and then the humans marry
3. have the half-demon and miko admit.
4. hanyou+miko= mate them, for god's sake!!!
5. live happily ever after.
Inukag356- the Inukag sensei

Shana-Kins
03-30-2008, 03:54 PM
At first I thought it was adorable, but after 30 episodes or so, it got pretty boring. There is too much fillers in it. It really drived me insane. But I do think it's a cute anime.