PDA

View Full Version : Myrra's Myriad Muses

Myrra
09-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Sorry, I can't resist a bit of alliteration

Anyway, 1 pic that's a couple years old...it's one of my favourites (the 2 boys walking down a path together). I made a sig with it. The last 2 pics are pet projects of mine. Every year near the end of summer, I raise Monarch caterpillars, typically from egg to adulthood. It's fun watching them change, and trying to catch them as they go through each instar. If I had a better camera, I could take a much better pic of the eggs, but as it is...I don't. U_U Ah, well, can't have everything, I suppose. I hope to post more of my pics...and not just butterfly pics, soon.

All 3 pictures were taken using my mum's Olympus C-740.

MuZ0NaZ
09-05-2007, 03:28 PM
The first pic is quite good considering your camera, I like how the boys stand out from the background. You should resize and crop your images though, they are quite too big. *shudders looking at Myrra's hobby*

Myrra
09-06-2007, 12:59 AM
*laughs* Is Muzzy afraid of a few bugs?
Well, then Muzzy should turn away from the next series.
The were all taken using the Olympus. I like the zoom lens on it better than the one on my Kodak C633 (and let me just vent for a moment on that...it's an "easy share" which has been by far and large not so easy)

The first is of a Cicada, which was already dead.
See the lifeless eyes?
:p
(besides I couldn't get a pic of the live ones as they had a tendency to fly away when I'd snap the pic)

The second is of some sort of jewelled beetle. It's body was a lovely green which unfortunately didn't show up on the film, but the rest of the body is lovely.

The last should be a bit less frightening as it's just the chrysalis of a Monarch Butterfly. I just love the jade colour with the gold band running just near the top. It's so prettiful.

Fabala
09-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Oh! I love the shells the cicadas leave behind XD I remember when there was a huge surge of them being born when I was about 7-8 years old. Couldn't walk in the backyard without hearing that crunching sound underfoot XD A favorite pastime of mine was hooking them onto innocent victims' clothing. Hehehe.

And on the pictures. I've always found closeups of creatures interesting. My favorite is the one of the two boys though. There's such an innocence there.

Myrra
09-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Don't let their looks fool you...they're like any boys, mischievous.

Anyway, new pics of my hobby. The chrysalis before the butterfly emerged, one of the chrysalis as the butterfly began to emerge and the last of the butterfly already out and resting. I apologise for the imperfect quality of the pics, but stupidly, I had no extra batteries on hand (this camera takes 4) and with the batteries dying, I couldn't focus as well as I should've liked.

*note to self: in future when waiting for a butterfly to emerge make certain plenty of batteries are on hand.

I Love Elfy
10-19-2007, 02:08 PM
i didnt know my big sis had a new hobby...looks good big sis...kepp up the good work

Negi
10-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Bug kinda creep me out.
But these are nice. I don't think I could wait for a butterfly to emerge.

ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
10-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Wow..those are great! I have always wanted to do Photography..they are pretty..

Aizen Sousuke
10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Myrra's turning to become a pretty good photographer, Keep up the good work, I know i'll Be As good as you, Myrra. lol -^_^-

Myrra
10-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the compliments. I wish I had a better camera and the lenses to take better pictures of the smaller bugs, but we make due with what we have. And in my case that means a magnifying glass for the first pic. It's a mosquito. And no that is not my arm. I'm not that white!
The second is of the last butterfly I released. I miss my butterflies.

NiesaxShiori
10-20-2007, 09:54 AM
*laughs* Is Muzzy afraid of a few bugs?
Well, then Muzzy should turn away from the next series.
The were all taken using the Olympus. I like the zoom lens on it better than the one on my Kodak C633 (and let me just vent for a moment on that...it's an "easy share" which has been by far and large not so easy)

The first is of a Cicada, which was already dead.
See the lifeless eyes?
:p
(besides I couldn't get a pic of the live ones as they had a tendency to fly away when I'd snap the pic)

The second is of some sort of jewelled beetle. It's body was a lovely green which unfortunately didn't show up on the film, but the rest of the body is lovely.

The last should be a bit less frightening as it's just the chrysalis of a Monarch Butterfly. I just love the jade colour with the gold band running just near the top. It's so prettiful.

this is my first visit.. well.. i really love the last pic..^^ (because i love green..) but good job.you really done it well. keep up good work..

Myrra
11-24-2007, 12:26 AM
I've taken oodles of pictures lately, but not had the time to crop and resize them. This is one I took last month. I call him Bunny Foo Foo (do you know the rhyme?) I actually don't know if it's male or female. I only know we've about a dozen of them living under our flower bed, under the shed and under the bridge. There's probably more, but we don't see more than a couple at a time.

Fabala
11-24-2007, 04:23 AM
Little Bunny Foo Foo, Hoppin' through the forest... XD That's so cute.

Myrra
12-11-2007, 07:39 PM
A couple of pics from the ice storm today.
Definitely not as much ice as last time.

Yuuki Kurosu
12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I love your piccys! ^^ The bugs kinda scare me though. >_< But other then that, they are really cool! And can I you send over the ice storm? << >> We got some snow but no ice..I wanna snow day. -_- Lol. I hope to see more snowy-ness, lol.

Aya_Strawberrie ♥
01-26-2008, 09:28 PM
The bugs make my scared! o_O
But its really good.....

And I like the rabbit too.. Its cute..=)

Myrra
02-07-2008, 01:18 AM
I love incests. They're so cool to look at. And trust me, after a while, the bunnies start to annoy you. They keep running into the back door.

Next up another winter scene. Of the few pictures I took after our "massive" snowfall, this is my favourite. An angel with snow covered wings, saying her prayers.

(once again our weather forecasters predicted the weather so very wrong. Does that look like 3-5 inches to you? I think not!)

ChibiSasukex
02-07-2008, 06:59 AM
nice photos i really like the butterfly pics & the bunny rabbit one alot

~*Red*~
02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Myrra, I'm really impressed by your photos, especially the butterfly ones... I hope to see some more from you soon.

Perpetual Specter
02-10-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't like insects ecept for one certain kind of ant o.o.Anyway, I like those ice and snow pics. That snow covered angel is especially pretty.^^ I wish we had snow this year.I swear, it's like as soon as the cold fronts leave, then it just so happens to rain.>.>

Anbu Root Sai
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Very nice. I too like the snow and ice one. Ahoy up there, Naruto. Tis' I, Seth.

Myrra
03-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Update...as it's spring...Daffodils!
The second one is right up near the front of the house and is the only daffodil in that part of the garden.
The first photo is of one of the daffodils around the maple tree. Fortunately, the constant changes in the weather haven't damaged them.

The Assassin
03-29-2008, 12:55 AM
that looks nice.

Myrra
04-19-2008, 08:23 PM
A couple of new pictures take this past week.
Both are of the same nest of birds which happens to have been built in our windowbox (which has artificial flowers instead of real ones).
They were quite difficult to capture as they were squirmy little things.
Plus the mother was never very happy to have me around, but I did manage a few shots which turned out rather well.
And after viewing them, I can see how one can say birds are descended from dinosaurs. They are quite the ugly little things!

IchigoKiss
05-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Nice photos Myrra ^^
The one with the bunny is soo cute xD
Keep it up!

Kaitou Ace
11-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Bumping it for Myrra ^_^

Myrra
12-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Wow...it's been ages since I've shown any of my photography.
And I've many things to show off, but sadly, I'm not organised so it'll take me some time to find the things I think are worthy of showing off.
The first pic is from our first snowfall. I love how the angel looks in the snow, guarding the waterfall.
The second pic is of a squirrel from our local zoo. I didn't know they came in such awesome colouring. I WANT ONE!!!

SigmaSD
12-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Your animal pictures look like the one's that they have in Biology books. That's really amazing. I really liked the one with the caterpillar. Keep up the good work. :awe:

overwatch
12-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Just had a look though, must say I do like your insect macro shots and I thin this one:
http://www.animeforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16680&d=1189054564
the pick of the lot :)
As for the squirrel I have never seen them in those colours before! Wonderful markings on him - a shame that you could not get him facing the camera though.
Great work and hope to see more!

Myrra
01-15-2009, 08:26 PM
SigmaD, I'm trying for those types of shots with the caterpillars, though it's quite difficult with the camera I currently have. But we all make do with what we have.
Thanks for the comments, Overwatch. I love trying to catch great shots of the wildlife in my yard and at various zoos.

Below are a couple of pics I took last summer of some of the flora in my garden. I'm not sure what the first plant is...I knew what it was when I got it, a long time ago. The second pic is of our Concord grapes. I love the greeny-ness of it.

Yoko Littner
01-21-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23470&d=1232069123

I really like this one, its very clean and a very attractive photo.

Good Work Myrra :3

I also like the other ones you have posted around here, they are all good in their own way. Post some more when you get the chance.