PDA

View Full Version : Behind-the-scenes with Bucky

Bucky Katt
08-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Hello, all. >_>; God, I have a signature thread, an art thread, and now a photography thread! Lemme know if you think I'm getting way too over my head. xD

Okay, this picture is my pride and joy. Everytime I see it, I'm like "How the hell did I manage it!?" But anyway, the subjects are my cousin (left) and my sister (right). I took this in Cali.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/Mew-Zakuro/BethAnnesunset.jpg

Alright, this next one I took in California, again, but in the Universal Studios Jurassic [sp?] Park water ride. My family's not on it, but I still like it. The only thing that bugs me is that some of the water droplets screw up the whole picture.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/Mew-Zakuro/P6200431.jpg

Sorry that it's blurry, but I had to put this one in. On the second to last day, we went to a Sox vs. Padres game (Beckett against Peavy). I caught one of the Sox players hitting a homerun. (WHOO!) Who it is, though, I have no idea. ;_;
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/Mew-Zakuro/P6240414.jpg

That's all for now, but I'll get plenty more for later. <33

Capernicus
08-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh yeah, that first one is a good shot. *totally checks out her family members* Cali sun makes everything look good.

Bucky Katt
08-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Oh yeah, that first one is a good shot. *totally checks out her family members* Cali sun makes everything look good.

Hey, hey. My sister is alright, but my cousin's off-limits. x3 (No, both of them are off-limits, actually.) >__>;;;

Buruku
08-31-2007, 08:53 PM
I don't know a whole lot about taking pictures, but I know it must have been damn hard to get one of that guy hiting the ball like that. Thats a good shot!

Also, I just love the one with your sister and cousin, its frickin awesome. I hope to oneday take one like that.

Those girls are like...13...*looks at her pedo sig*

Antares
08-31-2007, 09:04 PM
For something that was in motion (and fast), the one of the baseball player isn't blurry enough. It takes two things to take a picture like that: talent and a good camera <3 and you have both.

And I agree, the pic with your sister and cousin it's mind blowing... I have no other words.

Bucky Katt
08-31-2007, 09:04 PM
I don't know a whole lot about taking pictures, but I know it must have been damn hard to get one of that guy hiting the ball like that. Thats a good shot!

Also, I just love the one with your sister and cousin, its frickin awesome. I hope to oneday take one like that.

Don't you worry; I've seen your pictures, and you're well on your way! Y'hear me!? >=O
>_>;;

And with the baseball one, I just held down the "take picture" button (lightly) until the right moment. The only problem I had throughout the game was when the fans would jump into the shot from nowhere after an awesome play. xD

For something that was in motion (and fast), the one of the baseball player isn't blurry enough. It takes two things to take a picture like that: talent and a good camera <3 and you have both.

And I agree, the pic with your sister and cousin it's mind blowing... I have no other words.
I admit, I had a kick-[bum] camera with me. But I'm letting you know that I have good luck.
P.s. - this isn't relevant but my dad has Snakes On a Plane playing, and it's scaring the hell out of me. ;_;

Antares
08-31-2007, 09:07 PM
And with the baseball one, I just held down the "take picture" button (lightly) until the right moment.

=O You see? Talent! In early stages, but talent none the less

Bucky Katt
08-31-2007, 09:08 PM
=O You see? Talent! In early stages, but talent none the less

I thought that was what everyone did. >__>;;

Oh, god, it's the anaconda scene. A guy just got squeezed to death. Dx

OminousCloud
08-31-2007, 11:01 PM
Those are some pretty awesome pictures! I absolutely love the sunset one, if you photoshop some ipods in there you could make it into an ad lol!

wizz-o-matic
09-01-2007, 01:35 AM
The first one is good ... decent composition too.

The other 2 lacks in quality tho .... first one with bad compression, 2nd one is blurred.

☆LadyKikyou☆
09-01-2007, 04:04 AM
good pics i bet getting that batter was hard..i dont think i could capture somthing like that..*applaudes you*

Bucky Katt
09-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Those girls are like...13...*looks at her pedo sig*

My cousin's almost 13, but my sis is 16.

Those are some pretty awesome pictures! I absolutely love the sunset one, if you photoshop some ipods in there you could make it into an ad lol!

Heeyy, that's a good idea! -.Is totally gonna do that now.- x3

The first one is good ... decent composition too.

The other 2 lacks in quality tho .... first one with bad compression, 2nd one is blurred.
Mm-hm -.Nod nod.- Big word. (compression) x3;; Anyway, one can expect it to be blurry when it comes to the thrill of the moment. And I was really thrilled when it came to the hit. xD But thank you for the firm criticism. I appreciate it in so many ways.

good pics i bet getting that batter was hard..i dont think i could capture somthing like that..*applaudes you*

Again, I got lucky. The only hard parts were keeping my composure and snapping the picture before all the Red Sox fans jumped in front of me. xD I am small and I was surrounded by fellow Sox fans.
And here's a picture I snapped at Balboa Island.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/Mew-Zakuro/P6210290.jpg
And another Red Sox picture. I can't remember if Varitek got the hit or not. ;_; ... At least, I think that's Varitek. Anyway, I ran this through PSP to get rid of the jpeg specks.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/Mew-Zakuro/varitek.jpg