View Full Version : Original Fiction: Project REanimation Chapter 4

08-31-2007, 11:10 AM
here we go into the 4th chapter!XD my goodness, the way i introduce my fan fics make me sound like some hyperactive announcer or sumthing.^^'

Slowly, badly shaken, I got to my feet. Looking around, I saw that everyone else was standing up too. As I took in the surroundings, I marveled at the sheer beauty of it all.

Just in front of us I could make out what Mr. Rofl said would be the town square and sure enough, a few enthusiastic souls were already making their way to a girl in a black maid’s uniform, her name no doubt would be Alicia. Past the square was the biggest castle I have ever seen. It was breathtaking how the whole thing just seemed to rise out of the ground like a mountain. The occasional bright flash of its numerous towers were probably from the sun glinting off the helmets of the soldiers who were sure to be patrolling it.

Everything seemed straight out of a fairy tale, or at least, taken out from the middle ages. It was so cleverly made that for a moment I forgot I was in a video game.

“I feel dizzy,” Kaoru complained as she got up. “Was it just me or did you feel as if you went through the fastest roller coaster in the world twice too?”

I nodded as I dusted my skirt. “That’s one experience I don’t want to go through again.”

“That’s too bad,” An unexpected voice said behind me. Turning around, I saw Seruhiko grinning. “Every time you go into the game you’re going to have to go through that. What you just felt was the system connecting with your brain. Of course you’d feel a bit disoriented. The magazine says it helps if you keep your mind blank, less stuff for the electrodes to pass through.”

“Thanks for the heads up Jun,” Kaoru said irately. “You could have told us that before the game started.”

“Sorry about that,” he said sheepishly. “I was too excited. If it’s any consolation, I think I probably felt as dizzy as you did.”

“Where’s Tokito?” I asked distractedly. Something like a dragon just flew by overhead. A little black speck jumped off it. Everyone else started whispering in excited tones and more than one person screamed. I’m happy to say that not all of them were girls.

“Did someone just jump off that - what is that, a dragon?” I asked Jun. Suddenly, there was little puff of pink smoke on my shoulder and a little girl about the size of my hand materialized. She was wearing a pink dress and from the looks of it she had a really small wand in her hand.

“Hey there!” she said happily. “My name is Marie and what passed by was a wyvern, an animal related to the mighty dragon family and commonly used by lancers as a means of transport and, if need be, as an ally in the thick of the battle.”

“Uhm…Hello…Marie.” I said slowly. “What…What are you?”

“I’m your assistant,” she bubbled happily. “Anytime you have a question just ask and I’ll pop out. Every one who comes to Altis gets one. We reflect the chosen classes of each character.”

“I see…” I said. “So you’re like a handy little help button is it?”

“You could say that.” She said with a smile. And then, just like before, she disappeared in a puff of pink smoke.

“That’s a very sophisticated program,” Kaoru said appreciatively. “Her A.I. seems very advanced.”

“Umm girls...” Jun tugged at my sleeve. “Look up. Am I hallucinating or is that Tokito I see falling down the sky?”

I looked up and what do you know, it really is Tokito falling from the sky. What am I saying? Tokito’s falling from the sky!

Before any of us could react, he touched the ground. I was expecting a splat and probably a little game over sign hanging over him. Didn’t happen. He was laughing.

“Man, that was awesome!” he cried out.

“Tokito, are you all right?” Kaoru asked worriedly.

“Yeah, you bet I am!” he said giddily. “That was amazing! Ahaha! You’ve got to try jumping off a wyvern sometime!”

“Wait,” I said. “You’re telling me you were on that dragon?”

“Whatever. So was it you?”

“Yup!” he said with an exhilarated smile plastered on his face.

“Where did you even get the wyvern?”

“Comes with the job. I’m a lancer,” He said as he brandished the huge spear that was strapped on his back. “Best job ever in my opinion.”

“Speaking of jobs, what did you get Jun?” Kaoru asked curiously.

“Ah… Why do you want to know?” he asked.

“Oh come on,” she said. “I just want to know.”

“You haven’t even told me yours yet.”

“Okay I’ll tell,” she said with a disarming smile. “I’m a calculator.”

“Calculator…” he said. “That’s nice.”

There was a moment where we all just looked at him.

“Are you…hiding something?” I finally asked.

“Me? Hiding? Why would you even say that?”

“’Coz you just paid Kaoru a compliment about being a calculator that’s why,” Tokito said with a twinkle in his eye. “You’re usually the guy who always keeps teasing Kaoru about her smarts. Confess boyo, what’re you hiding?”

“I’m not hiding anything,” he protested hotly. “What’s wrong about giving her a compliment? She is my friend after all.”

“Okay, so you’re not hiding anything,” said Kaoru. “We believe you –“

“We do?” said Tokito.

“- and that’s that.” Kaoru said firmly. I could see him saying she was his friend really got to her.

“So what is your job?” I asked. Bingo, I thought to myself as I saw him tense up.

“W-why does everyone want to know my job all of a sudden?” he said.

“Look, just say it.” I said. “We promise we won’t laugh if that’s what’s worrying you.”

“We won’t?”

“Stop it Tokito, it wasn’t funny the first time.”

“Sorry,” he grinned sheepishly.

“Well…” Jun started slowly. Then with an air of someone who wanted to get the worst over blurted out. “I don’t really know.”

“Nice try boyo.”

“No look, seriously, I don’t know what my job is,” Jun held up his hands in a pacifying gesture. “Remember I said I was going to look around? I went all the way to the front of the gym but I still couldn’t find a job that was interesting or wasn’t occupied by someone else. Then Professor Han pushed past me about not wasting time and how I was the only one left walking and he pushed me and shoved a helmet over my head. Next thing I know I’m waking up with a huge headache.”

Tokito winced visibly and said, “Ouch man. So you don’t have any idea as to what your job is?”

“What about the consoles in front of you?” Kaoru asked, “Didn’t you see what jobs they were?”

“Oh I saw.” Jun said darkly. “They were…Assurance manager –“

“- what kind of a lame job is assurance manager?”

“- and… *** herder.”

There was a minute of shocked silence from all of us. Slowly, I gave him a small reassuring pat on the hand.

“You can’t be that unlucky can you?”

A second later the city gates exploded and the building beside us shattered into a mass of burning debris as something fiery the size of a mini van slammed into it.

end of chapter 4.i sure hope u people like it.^^ look out for chapter 5.i mite be posting it later.til next time!(this is so fun.XD)

09-03-2007, 03:37 AM
Uh...is that a swera word I spy? o.o You should edit that out...

Besides that, I noticed that your vocabulary is a bit limited. Don't be afraid to use an online thesaurus. :3

09-03-2007, 09:18 AM
actually that was like donkey.haha.i was thinking maybe i should edit it out before i posted it but then i thought, i guess its not really one.i guess im wrong.^^'