PDA

View Full Version : What is the name of this space anime?

Mr.Orange
08-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Hello, I'm new here. I just wanted to ask a question about a space anime that I watched many years ago as a kid. Now I don't know what the title of the movie is (and that is actually my question) but I remember a few things from it so I'll describe it as best I can and hopefully someone will recognize what its name is. So here goes.
I know that it begins with some kind of space battle. The notable thing about the way of fighting is that their lasers could bend at an angle and not go only in a straight line. Next thing I remember about it is that the main protagonists were all female (no, it's not THAT kind of anime :p). They were aboard a ship of some kind and they were rushing to go somewhere. Also, one other ship they kept mentioning (and this is the only name I remember from the whole movie) was Akon Kagaya. I believe that this is a dead giveaway about the movie's identity but I'll keep talking about the other scenes that I remember in case it isn't. On the ship they seem to have an alien intruder which keeps tearing holes throughout the ship as it travels through it and in the end it blows up because of it. There was also some kind of android which was very lifelike and realistic so they didn't know that she wasn't human. In the end they land on a planet of some kind. I also remember a baby who grew up very quick and is probably the only male character in the movie lol. Also, a lot of characters die by the end of the movie. I think there were about 7 or 8 women at the begining and only 3 survive.
I think this is a lot of information to determine this movie's identity. Please, if someone knows this anime I would really appreciate it if you would tell me. Thank you in advance.

Zantetsuken
08-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Every space anime ever made. Next.

Gizoku
08-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Every space anime ever made. Next.
xD Not quite.
Sorry I cant help you there. I already looked it up on google and wiki [The name of the ship you mentioned] but I got nothing.
Do you remember more? Because alot of anime's are kinda like that.

SGI
08-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Perhaps the anime you are referring to could possibly be Sol Bianca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Bianca)?

It has a distinct all female theme to it.

Zantetsuken
08-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Perhaps the anime you are referring to could possibly be Sol Bianca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Bianca)?

It has a distinct all female theme to it.

No. They all survive.

Mr.Orange
08-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Hmm, what else was there...? I remember that the onboard computer was convincing the android that they need to abandon ship because it's full of holes that creature made. Also not even the android herself did not know that she was artificial so when she found out, she had to return to the ship (besides the fact that it was exploding) and ask the computer about herself, for it had all that information and it would be destroyed if she hadn't returned and she would never find out the truth.
They also had two of some kind of smaller androids (one bigger and one smaller) that look very similar to R2D2 from Star Wars which were sort of their long-distance eyes and ears. In the end on the planet they played a crucial role because they (somehow) created a massive energy shield around the planet using large empty trees scattered in a regular pattern around the planet (?). I know this isn't much, but at this point it's all I remember about it.
Gizoku, I looked on Google too and YouTube as well but didn't find anything either :(. And tnx again for all your efforts guys.

angelic_assasin
08-29-2007, 01:59 PM
are you sure its a anime though? and what your looking for is a OVA right? well there could be a chance its some Gundam series since its extremely popular, but i doubt it. I'll try and find you an OVA list.

Mr.Orange
08-30-2007, 06:50 AM
Umm, what's an OVA? It's definitely an anime (movie, not a serial, sry forgot to mention that) and it most definitely isn't Gundam because I watched some episodes and this movie is older than that.